Chapter 20 Short – Emilia
128 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20 Short - Emilia

((Auther note: I will sometime post a shorter story, marked Chapter X Short. It's a small but important piece taking place in between or simultaneously as other things are happening about events our main characters aren't seeing or know. Placing it where its supposed to happen.)) 

Meanwhile in the dining hall at the base of operations. 

The other guards had cleared out earlier. 

Emilia was sitting in the dining hall, Bob waved at her as he left the building to go back into the mission room. They'd been chatting a bit about all kinds of random things. 

"Guess I might as well eat." she mumbled as she got up and went over to the kitchen area where Bob had instructed her there would be food, in the fridge, she could just grab anytime she felt hungry. 

So that's what she did. Bob had also said a few guards would be coming to eat in a bit so she wouldn't be alone for very long and didn't need to worry. 

Well, I did ask if he was sure no one could sneak inside. He just laughed it off and said the base was probably harder to get inside unnoticed than even the overlords Chambers in the castle. Well, especially now with all the extra guards. 

Small boxes filled with rice and pork, but not any flavoring by the looks of it she thought as she held one up. 

What's these boxes made out of? See through, kinda hard material. These guys sure has some cool technological advances. She flicked her finger on the box a few times then put in down on the work area in the kitchen as she looked through the cabins. Spices, spices… 

She dug out some spices from a cabin and fixed the flavor. They got tons of nice spices, why not use them she muttered. 

She mixed in some spices, stirred the content around and had a taste. 

"There we go!" she opened up the cabin and put back the spices where she'd found them. 

She whistled on a tune as she grabbed the box and walked over to the main area again. 

She went back over to the bench she'd been sitting at, sat down and dug in. 

After a while, maybe after going through about half the box of rice and pork something started to phase through the wall before her. 

A red mist appeared through the wall. Emilia didn't bat an eye though, almost as if she was expecting it. 

"Are we alone?" a distorted quiet voice asked. The mist seemed to turn back and forth. It started taking a shape, after a short moment it resembled a rough silhouette of a human. 

Emilia rolled her eyes. 

"Yes. Did anyone see you?" she asked with her mouth full in a calm manner as she kept stuffing her face. 

"Ah ah ah, of course not!" the distorted voice said with pride as it laughed in a weird way.

Emilia swallowed and gazed at the mist intensively, pausing her eating and putting down her fork. 

"Aaand you didn't just murder your way here?" she asked in a very serious tone. 

"seriously, I do listen once in a while. You should have more faith in me. Hpmh." 

Emilia shook her head while mumbling "Right." she then looked up at the red mist. 

"good good, be ready. We're waiting for the second batch to be wiped." 

"Ah ah ah, poor idiots. Can't believe they actually believe the crap ErustJrak preaches. Ah ah ah ah" cmon, that wasn't even meant to be funny. 

"Yeah, so, go hide while we wait for the right moment will you?" Emilia said as she waved, signaling to the mist to go away. She then sighed. 

"Yeah yeah, I'm going, lighten up!" 

"Oh, and Erust'jrak told me to tell he's ready for his part in about a day." 

Emilia nodded, then the mist disappeared into the wall. 

"that's good, all is going as we'd planned." Emilia mumbled and stretched as she let out a satisfied moan. 

"She'll most likely finish them off quick too. Too bad I can't watch this time." she mumbled to herself as she kept eating. 

Is posting shorts like this better or should I cram it in at the start of the full chapter instead?
  • Shorts are okay this way.
  • Release it with the full chapter.
  • It works, but not to often please.
  • I don't care as long as you don't cut stuff out.
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Jun 27, 2021 12:45 AM.
6