Chapter 40 – Sithran, The blood-mist (past)
54 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40 – Sithran, The blood-mist (past)

 

---Sithran's perspective, sometime in the past---

"What.." I mumbled. Then I tried to move but I couldn't. 

A super bright light shone on me from the roof of the room. 

Almost blinding. I think it’s some sort of light slime suspended up there, one of those they use in hospitals… I know, I've been in a doctor’s office once and I asked about the slime in the ceiling. He showed me, lighting it up. It’s apparently good if they need to see better. 

I was strapped down in some sort of chair, just waking up. Quite dizzy. Fuck, I think i’m gonna throw uu- *Burp* ... noo nevermind. Just a burp.

"Okay, the subject is waking up." a person in all black clothes, gloves, tinted glasses and mask talked in a distorted voice to some sort of lens and a mirror.

"No, no… I don't.. want to!" I mumbled and yelled out, as my head was fussy for some reason. 

"Subject has been shown to possess access to a rare magical element, blood magic."

"I didn't... I didn't mean to..." I sluddered on. I had no idea what was going on. Just the other day we were at home. Then I… 

"The point of this test Is to see what skill might awaken if we cut the subject's tissue in a non life-threatening way. We're beginning with 1 cut every minute for an hour. This will hopefully also make the subject dull to pain." 

The person talked passionately in the distorted voice before the mirror and the lens thing. 

What was going on? I tried to get out, pull my arms. But they were completely stuck. 

"no, no, please I didn't.. Don't.." 

I had been tied down by my wrists, elbows and shoulders. 

Then by the crotch, above and below the knees and by my ankles. 

I was also strapped down by my throat and waist. 

I couldn't move an inch. 

Panic started to bubble up inside me. 

It was an accident… I didn't mean to kill him… 

"Where is mommy? I don't wanna be heREE AAAAH!" The person cut my arm. 

"Cut one, no immediate magical reaction." the distorted voice spoke. The person had one more of those lens things now all of a sudden, but this one was closer to me, pointed right at me. 

What is that thing... Fuck it hurts fuck fuck fuck.. 

I was crying uncontrollably. Trying to pull myself loose to no avail. Then the pain stopped. 

"magical reaction after just 11.2 seconds, the subject sewed herself up." the person started writing as it spoke. The lens rotated around where the cut was made. It looked like a black square, then it had this black eye looking circle that was reflective in front. It levitated on its own it seemed. 

" I didn't mean to kill him, let me go, please" I was still crying but I managed to plead, say I didn't want to.. Didn't mean to.. 

Maybe if they knew that it was an accident they'd let me go? 

"It looked like blood flew back into the subject. As the blood re-entered the system, it looked as if threads were formed out of the blood which then attached to each side of the wound simultaneously. Then it pulled the wound together and finally a lump of blood patched it up. It looks as if the subject is good as new, maybe better. " the person looked baffled. The scientist turned around and did something I couldn't see. 

 

I remember now.

He tried to touch me, where I pee from... I didn't know what to do... All of a sudden he was silent, mute.. Then he turned into a red mist... I... I... 

It wasn't my fault!

The scientist rolled over to me again and leaned in. It sounded like a chair with wheels, one wheel seemed to scratch the floor making a terrible noise. Not loud but screechy. 

"Test number 2, beginning 102 seconds after the first test due to documentation." 

"no no NOOOAAAH!" 

I felt pain again, shooting through me. I wanted to stop it, I felt the urge to kill the person, I just want back to mommy. I screamed. 

After about 2 seconds I noticed there was another scream, a distorted scream accompanied mine. But the pain was gone. It stopped earlier than before. I stopped screaming. The tears kept running though. I heard the distorted scream kept going. I opened my eyes and saw the person falling apart, into a mist. 

And the mist traveled into me, merging with me. 

"I, I, I… I..." I stuttered. I didn't know what had happened or why. I wanted the person dead and it died… Was that how, what, had happened? 

I had wanted that boy earlier dead as well. He was mean, hit me in front of his friends and laughed at me when I was on the ground crying. Then he came closer, kneeling down over me. 

"A girl, with horns and hooves" he said mockingly to me then spat at me. 

"You should be thankful someone wants to touch you!" then he grabbed me between my legs and forced his fingers in. And as he yelled "Say thank yo... AAAA" It turned into an intense, short, scream of agony. 

As he touched me there.. I remember feeling a special kind of. Hate. 

It was as if The flip switched from just hating him to I really want to murder him, this is trash and not a person. 

And he turned into a bloody mist. His friends ran, not even yelling or anything. But I remember their faces, like they'd seen death himself. 

I just sat there. Until grandad picked me up. He told me the boys had told the police, who called him. He said he fixed it. 

Then I woke up here.

I tried to shake my head, but the restraints stopped me. 

What now.

I tried to get out but I was stuck. It didn't hurt anymore though and the scientist was gone. 

But now I'm stuck. 

Grandad hadn't turned me over to these people had he? No. No.. 

The door suddenly opened. A voice. A familiar one. 

"researcher number 1, deceased, about 110 seconds after the first attempt as he was starting attempt number 2." she was writing as well, I heard pen to paper. It couldn't be. 

"He is nowhere to be seen, no trace left at all. He was killed as he started attempt number 2."

Who was that.. Isn't that.. 

"Hey there kiddo!" a hand patted my head. I couldn't see who the person was, she had a black visor covering her head and a plastic bag thingy covering her hair and head. 

"you're doing good, mommy's so proud." she kept stroking my cheek. 

"No.. Why, I didn't.. Mommy please! I didn't me-" 

She put her index finger in front of my mouth and hushed me in a comforting manner. She removed the plastic thing on her head, letting out her hair and showing her horns. Her hair shimmering in black, purple, pink and white. 

"You did kill him darling, but he deserved to die!" she lifted up her visor. My moms shining purple eyes looking at me, with tears in them.

"Mom, why.. Why are you crying?" she dried her eyes with her fingers quickly. "oh, don't worry. I'm just proud of you, my love." She smiled wide at me and grabbed my wrist. 

"now, I know you're going to hate this.. But.." she was looking down. 

"What, mommy?" I tried to yank my arm out but it was for naught. 

"You need to learn to use it, your gift." she said as she was sobbing, now grabbing my hand and holding it tight. 

"But.. I don't know… what I'm doing mommy.." I was crying again. 

"This is going to be rough, but stay strong for mommy. Focus on whatever was in your head as that awful boy died." she squeezed my hand harder. "Focus on what you had in your mind as you turned that researcher who cut you into a bloody mist.'' She had tears running down her cheeks, but I heard excitement in her voice. 

"I'll do anything for you mommy." I said as I was sobbing. 

"That's my girl." She stroked my cheek and smiled at me. 

"Now then. Let's get this over with so we can go home again darling." she patted my head and got up. 

"Call in the next one." she said in a serious tone and waved at the mirror. She turned around and walked towards the exit. 

"Stay strong my love." she waved as she disappeared. 

"Mommy… I'm sorry.." I mumbled. I couldn't stop my tears. 

Another person with a hidden face, covered in some black uniform with some sort of mark. It looked like piano keys with blood on them in a pentagon, sewed to the shoulder of the uniform. I only caught a quick glimpse. 

"Attempt number 2, beginning at 1300, cutting off the subject's arm." 

A buzzing noise filled the room quickly, followed by a voice that was a tiny bit distorted. "Wait, mam, isn't it too early to try amputation?!" He sounded worried and scared. 

Pain shooting through my body. I screamed "Fuuuuuck it hurts it hurts it fucking hurts!!!" 

I was hyperventilating, fuck, that was painful. Way more painful than their normal cuts. 

I heard a strap being loosened. I saw my arm in my mom's hands in front of me. I was shocked, staring at it. But, I feel it? Why is it... Over there? 

When I wiggled my fingers, the arm in my mom's hands wiggled its fingers. But, it didn't hurt at all anymore. There was a sort of bloody mist around the wound, like, the blood danced around but didn't leave the arm or leak out. I tried to move it more, angle it. It was my whole arm from the shoulder. 

Sure enough, the arm bent. A sort of light mist of something red started to develop around the arm and my wound. Or maybe it was there from the start as it was cut off? Well, I noticed it just now. Instead of bleeding I just had a small little mist cloud where blood normally would have poured out, just hovering in place where the cut had been made. 

"Oh my god. It's. Better than I hoped." my mom, she had thrown off her visir and looked ecstatic. 

She put her hand on my cheek. "good girl." she said, smiling, as she watched my arm and the misty effect that occurred around the wound. 

I was focused on this weird thing with my arm. I tried to move, as if I'd walked forward. My body stayed in place of course as I was restrained, but the arm moved like I wanted. It flew out of moms hands and *SMACK* Through the mirror window. "ouch!" someone yelled from the other room. It hurt like shit to drive the arm through the window, but I was too amazed right now to even give a shit about pain. And it felt like I made contact with someone. Well, like I hit someone. 

I just did as if I'd move normally. Well, I tried to. It felt as if I moved, but only my arm did. Somehow it sort of felt like I was over there as well.

Wait, if the arm is there. Can I?

"What?! AMAZING! Well done Sithran!" Mom kept being in a fantastic mood. She was running over to the window before she finished her praises, checking out the hand. 

I couldn't really see it. But the shards of glass hurt, I felt it. It felt as if the arm was attached to me even though it was off in another room, full of glass-shards in it. 

I saw a glimpse of it. The room was in a square shape, I was strapped to a bed in the middle of the room giving me a slight view into the room behind the now shattered one-way window. 

 

I tried walking back sort of, with the arm. No issue. It came back and acted like I wished. Just like I had another body that was see-through and like a ghost with only the arm being physical. I could inhabit it and command it. 

Hum. 

I imagined I wanted to see. 

All of a sudden, my vision started to float upwards and I could angle it however I liked. What happened? “What is happening…” I mumbled inaudibly. 

"Oh, my.. Fuck! This is amazing! Finally!" my Mom was overjoyed and looking at, well, where I saw from. My point of view was in the ceiling now. I didn't get it. 

I looked down. 

I saw my body slowly turning into a mist, like it was torn apart or torn down into tiny particles that then flew after me... It seemed sort of… Wait.

It seems I have a sort of red mist around me? Is that me? It sure feels like my body somehow. Fuck. this is weird… Fuck… I just want to go back...

I suddenly saw from the other room, where my arm had been. 

I looked down. 

I was whole, me, myself. But in the room my arm had smashed through into. I raised my arm. I imagined the glass pieces being shot out, and that's what happened. Though quite a few of them hit me, while the rest stuck to walls, furniture. Some ended up in the knocked out person on the floor. No clue who it was, someone masked who now seemed to be bleeding out. 

I imagined the glass falling through me. And it did. In the process my body healed up. As all these things happened, a red mist surrounded the area where the effects took place. 

"Yes! We finally made one Daimon!" my mom was jumping, yelling. "We succeeded, A blood daemon!" she looked… Well, I've never seen her so happy. Daemon? What's she talking about? Daimon? Who's that? 

"Good. Well done!" I heard a raspy dark voice. Grandpa? 

1