21: Elon, be brave and continue to tell us your bathroom time with Nola.
168 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can assure you, I will not tell your parents about this little incident. If they ask, just tell them your pants got teared in a stray piece of barbed wired and you had to use a pair of sweatpants from the gym. I'll back you up on that."

"Yeah, thanks. Are we done?"

"No, I'm afraid not. Just hang in there and we can get through this. I'm going to need you to continue."

Aw jeez, more of this? Maybe Nola's right, this is torture. But this is the life I've been living up to now. The one I've been denying to myself and hidden from everyone else. I have no choice but to go through with this in order to move on. Maybe this is one of those trials into manhood? I don't know, I'm just blabbering at this point.

"Well, let's get his over with."

So after the incident, I step out of the girls bathroom. I was mortified. I was going to be made fun by the other kids and the adults would be mad at me. I felt like crying. Nola must have noticed so she pulls me over to the water fountain and splashes water on me.

"Now they won't think you peed yourself. They'll think it rained."

At the time, I didn't understand the concept of logic, as most kindergarten students don't. I just went with it since in my tiny brain, I figured water was better than urine. Well, it didn't work, of course. The teacher pulled me out of class and had me dried in the gym. When they tried asking me what happened, I just said it rained. I don't know what happened next, so I'm guessing everything must have just settled itself.

"And that was the first time you met Nola?"

"Yeah. I didn't thought much at the time, but that's how it went."

"Interesting little history you had with her."

"Is that all? I really don't want to relive all this."

Well, did you had other friends?"

"No. Even before we got caught, I was like a dork. Nobody wanted to be my friend."

'Before you got caught?"

"Yeah."

"Tell me about it."

"What?"

"You were caught, right?"

"Uhh..." I said that so casually. Of course she wants to inquire. Oh man, looks like I got no choice. "Fine. By that point, she kept asking me to go to the toilet when she needed to go, and I kept going with her."

"This was at school, right?"

"Yes."

"What about at home? You lived next to her, right?"

"Not at the time. We lived in different apartment complexes."

"I see. Continue."

"Alright."

Nobody would play with me because they thought I was a nerd that the other kids made fun off. She was the only one who liked me, but of course, she kept wanting me to go with her. I was still hesitant however. I remembered I even asked my mom if it was okay to go to the girls bathroom with a girl. She said no, but Nola kept giving me 'permission' to go. She wouldn't go to the boys bathroom either, it had to be the girl's bathroom. And I just kept going in there, confused about the whole thing. This went on for like years in elementary school. I was so confused throughout the whole ordeal. Then... it happened. One day, Nola wanted to go.

"Elon. Bathroom time!"

"No, Nola. I think you should go by yourself."

"Why?"

"You know how to use the bathroom now. You don't need me."

"No, I need you, Elon. Please come with me."

"No, Nola. You should go to the toilet alone, from now on."

"I'm still too scared to use it."

"Well, I don't want to go with you anymore. Go by yourself."

I was about to walk out but she grabs my arm, "come with me!"

"NO! LET GO OF ME!"

"Come with me." She was trying to pull me but I resisted. However, my parents said never to fight with girls, and I was analytical about things even then, so my tiny brain was trying to calculate what exactly it meant to 'fight a girl'. Did resisting her pull count? I didn't know any better and that may have led to some slack in my resistance. She managed to drag me into the girl's bathroom but I just wanted to leave. She kept dragging back and I was super conflicted. What was I suppose to do? Out of sheer frustration, I ended up yelling at her.

"NO NOLA! I DON'T WANT TO USE THE BATHROOM WITH YOU ANYMORE!"

She was stunned. I guess it was so shocking to see me, her only friend, yell at her. She started to cry... and urinated on herself.

Man, I hate being such a good kid. I felt so bad. I took some paper towels and started patting her legs. And her... ugh... yeah...

I wasn't thinking straight. I just kept on patting her, trying to soak up the urine, just apologizing. And that's when a staff member eventually came in and caught us.

8