42: Rudy gets acquanted with Elon, but he wants to get TOO acquanted with him.
106 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So yesterday, Elon agreed to tutor me, but this is a waste of time. It's 3 o' clock and I would normally stay after school, shooting some hoop, playing some soccer too, maybe just hitting the gym, but now I gotta head on over to the public library. Stupid teachers, making me learn useless crap that I'm just going to end up forgetting anyway.

But aside from that, I'm quite surprised I ran into Elon after so long. Not that I ever knew him personally, but back in elementary, that bathroom thing... oh man... what was he doing in there? I heard he did something with Nola. Like I always say, if you're in the bathroom with a girl, you're doing SOMETHING in there. I don't think anyone ever learned anything though. I think we were all shocked at the fact that he was in the bathroom in the first place that we didn't care for an explanation. We were all just a bunch of stupid kids, after all. But even now... maybe I can find out.

I walk out of the gates of the school and see him waiting in the parking lot, but I don't see him next to a car. Maybe he's being picked up by someone. In either case, I ignore more. Can't have my friends know that I'm being tutored. I'm one of the most popular guys at school, can't be seen hanging around with nerds. Nothing personal, Elon, I just got a reputation to protect. I bet you learned that lesson the hard way, he he.

I head on home and change clothes, then I meet him in the public library.

"Yo, Elon," I say to him as he's waiting outside.

"Rudy, how's it going?"

"Pretty good."

"So, you need help, right?"

"Yeah. I got English, history, and chemistry."

"I have those same subjects. I think can help you."

"Cool. But uhh... listen, thanks for the help, but don't tell anyone you're tutoring me, okay? No offense, Elon, but I can't be hanging out with you, ya know? A guy like me is pretty popular, especially with the girls. I can't be seen hanging around the smarties, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I get it. By the way, what am I getting out of this?"

"Yeah, I'd figure you wouldn't be dumb. As long as I don't get caught hanging out with you, or you don't tell anyone about this, I'll give you whatever you want."

"So you owe me a favor?"

"Yeah."

"I'll hold you on to that. Come one, let's go in."

So me and Elon go inside and we begin to study. We start with English and of course, I don't get it. But I got to admit, Elon knows how to explain things. I actually started understanding the lessons a bit more. Still a struggle for me, but this isn't so bad. We move on to history and this was harder, but he knew how to explain that as well. Chemistry, we both had problems with that, so I guess we were helping each other out. I guess this is his limit.

"Sorry man," he says, "but even I'm having trouble with this, but if I can organize myself, I can figure out a way to make sense of it and explain it better."

"You're really smart, Elon."

"Yeah. I've been more or less a straight A student. I do get B's but I rarely get C's. Pretty much, yeah."

"So you're like me with sports, only for studying?"

"No. I'm not the smartest kid in the school. You're definitely the star athlete."

"Not really. Basketball is the only sport I excel at. Other sports I seem to lack in one thing or another."

"But you're the best in almost all of them."

"Pretty much, but basketball seems to be the only one I can actually be team captain for."

"Team captain? Hey, do you spend time in the soccer club?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know a girl named Heather?"

"Oh yeah. She's a shoe in to be the next captain. I'd say next year, she's definitely the next one after the last one graduates."

"Really?"

"I'm pretty good at soccer., I know how to kick the ball and pass it, but it's defense that I'm bad at. Heather runs circles around me. But what about Heather?"

"Oh...  uhh... she's my friend."

"You're friends with her?"

"Yeah."

"Nice. Damn, Elon, you truly moved on up from the nerdy kid at elementary. Now you're getting the girls attention."

"Not really. I try but they just dump me in the end."

"So what? They dump me too, and I even dump them as well."

"I'm not like that."

"So you want to go out with Heather?"

"No. I don't think that's going to happen."

"Yeah, I figure she'd go out with one of the other soccer players. Just be lucky she's your friend, huh?"

"Yeah, you're right. I should be lucky she's still my friend."

"Say... talking about friends... Nola..."

"Nola?"

"She's your friend, right? Or your sister?"

"Neither. I just consider her a neighbor. But we are close."

I get up from the table and gesture him to follow me. We go outside where no one was around.

"Okay, listen," I say, "I got a confession to make. I know about you and Nola during elementary school. You know, the bathroom thing."

"... you do?"

"Calm down, I'm not going to tell anyone, okay? I'm not like that."

"You sound like you're like that. You can use this against me."

"No, I'm going not to. Trust me."

"I don't. I don't trust many people about this."

"Elon, calm down."

"Why are you even bringing this up? You should of just kept quiet."

"Because it's been years and I'm still curious."

"Curious?"

"Elon, look... I don't know what happened in there. Rumors are all over the place. All we knew was that you were caught in the bathroom with that Nola girl."

"What are you curious about?"

"I want to know... what were you doing in there?"

"What?"

"What were you doing in the girls' bathroom in the first place."

"I'm not telling you. I don't want to relive that."

"Come on, Elon, you can trust me."

"I actually can't. You have no respect for me, and I don't like how you're just bringing this up out of nowhere. Why are you even bringing it up if you have no plans to use the information? Seems suspect."

"No, Elon. It's not that... it's... I've been curious for a long time about why you were in there with Nola. I don't know anything, so I just want to know."

"Well I don't want to share, alright?"

What the hell was I thinking? Of course he's not going to tell me. But... man... I need to know...

"Alright, fine," I say. "Let's just go back."

So we return to studying and after like 2 hours, we head home.

I arrive at my house, put on my sunglasses, and use the bathroom. Thoughts swirl in my head as I take a piss. After washing my hands, I go to my room and lay on the bed.

What was he doing in there? What could he possibly be doing in there? Maybe I'm just exaggerating the situation. Maybe the simple conclusion is that he accidentally went inside and before he could come out, he was caught. But Nola, I recall she was frantic or something. At least that's what people were saying. I heard a teacher caught them and pulled both of them out. Was Nola an unwilling victim?

What where they doing in there? Just what? I need to know.

...

...

...

No, I don't! What am I thinking? I don't! I don't! Stop thinking about it.

Jeez... come on now. Get it together.

I get up, get my boxing gloves, and just hit the sandbag to calm myself down.

It's fine. Everything's fine. Let's just not bring it up again.

6