64: Heather, the friend to jocks and geeks alike, goes forth and brings unity to all. She heals all hearts, but who will heal hers?
68 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

After taking a day off from the story to really get to grips about what to do, I managed to get some idea of how to handle the current situation. The poll has decided that you guys are putting your trust in me, thus it I shall now begin to mitigate this turn of events into something that I believe this story should convert back into.

The following changes are now being made to the story:

  • Illustrations are now being simplified for time saving measures. The last illustration took me an hour to finish, which is a lot considering these chapters take me around that same time and I got my planned story that needs all of the attention it can get. At this time, I don't know what "simplified" indicates however. It could mean just a sketch or simplified lines. The idea is that I need to go back to drawing these illustrations in 10 minutes or less like the previous images. I am currently trying to improve my drawing skills to provide better illustrations for my upcoming story to attract readers and I've used this story for practice. I think I got a good grasp on how I should draw them that I will no longer use this story to experiment with the art.
  • After all this time of just writing what came to mind, that has finally come to an end. I jotted down notes about how this story should now continue. Here forward, the story is now structured. This doesn't mean that I have every single detail down. What I did was make bullet points of the important stuff I wanted to tell in the story. This way, I can skip some of the nastier things that I probably had planned and tell the important stuff while the notes are sparse enough that I can still write in the pantser style. The story is still being written off the top of my head, I just now have a guide to follow ti avoid the unnecessary nasty things.
  • The story at this point is still dark and depressing but my aim is to get it back on a more uplifting tone as soon as possible. The guide I have made was intended to make it easier to get there as soon as possible. The story is still going to be in this depressing state for a few more chapters but eventually it will start to head towards the "healing arc" as I call it.

Thank you so much for sticking with me. Let's continue seeing where Elon and Nola head off towards and see this story through.

I could not believe that Rudy actually approached Nola like that and grabbed her. Without even thinking, I ran up to him and kicked him on the side. Nola managed to escape but me and Rudy were caught by a teacher. We were sent to the principals office and Rudy is not helping things. He's shouting at the principal. You idiot, knock it off.

"I'm telling you, I wanted to ask her some questions!" He yells at the Principal and he's none too pleased.

"Sit down, Mr. Bashaface!" The principal shouts. "I don't care what you were doing. You should have contacted a teacher or staff member. We would of dealt with it."

"Listen to me, I needed answers right then and there."

"Rudy," I finally speak up, "sit down, already. You're getting us in even bigger trouble." I face the principal. "I'm sorry, Mr. Yells-Ata-Kid. I saw him harassing a girl and I jumped in without thinking. I was just trying to help."

"I'M NOT A BULLY!" Rudy yells. "I just wanted to ask her some questions, but she was going to run away."

"How is grabbing her like that not bullying?"

"I wasn't holding her that tight."

"That's enough!" yells the Principal. "You should not have been in a restricted area. You two are getting detention. I'm also going to notify your parents about this."

"Why?" I asks. "It was a mistake."

"That area is dangerous. You could have gotten seriously injured or killed. I'm sorry but I can't be lenient about this matter. Now go back to your lunch break and stay in the appropriate areas."

We both step out of his office and out of the building. Rudy was about to leave but I grab his arm. "Rudy, you leave Nola alone."

"Then you tell me what they were doing in that bathroom! You know, right?"

"Even if I did, I'm not telling you. I can't. You have some weird fixation. Have you been seeing the psychiatrist?"

"Yeah, I have, but she's a hater too. She's judgemental and stuff. I'm not a bully, but even the doctor thinks I am."

"Rudy, can you tell me what is going on with you? I'm super worried."

"Wait, you still care about me? Even after... uhh... our date?"

I don't want to be honest with him and tell him what I think about that. I'll just make a hint to it or something. "That was weird, you trying to shove your finger up my ass, but trust me, I'm not too mad about it. i was just freaked out by it. But that tells me so much about you. Do you like... nasty things?"

He looks around for a bit. That's already telling me a lot more about him. "Maybe."

"Does this whole bathroom thing about Elon and Nola have something to do with this?"

"If you're not going to tell me, then just leave me alone, okay?" and he walks away.

"Rudy!" I shout but he keeps on walking. "Don't harass Nola anymore. If you really want to feel better, tell me. I won't tell anyone." But it was no use. He just kept walking.

Classes end but I don't feel like practicing soccer today. I got my text message about my detention, which is tomorrow,1I have no idea if schools send text messages to parents an students about these kind of things. I assume they would as the technology is there and this story does not warrant to research. I'm just going to say that this school does. and my dad probably got it too.  He's not going to care though. Heck, he's probably happy that I come home every day. I'll be fine.

I should check up on Nola. She probably contacted Elon and he tried to comfort her. Their probably at home right now, so I'll drop by.

I drive up to their building and go up to his apartment. Sure enough, he answers the door.

"How's Nola?" I ask him as he steps out.

"She's resting in her room. That Rudy. I told him not to approach her."

"I'm sorry. I was suppose to keep an eye on her."

"It's okay. At least you came to her in time and gave him a good kick. I'm glad she has you as her friend."

"What happened with Nola afterwards?"

"She was so scared she ran to the farthest reaches of the school. I meet with her and she was crying so much. She was trembling so much and would not let me go. I had no choice but to contact my mom to pick her up."

"So you got off of school early?"

"We live close by the school that my mom arrived in time to pick her up as classes began, so no."

"How honorable of you to be dedicated to your studies."

"It wasn't that. I can't spend time with her. I need her to detach herself from me. I feel guilty about not being there for her, but I had to do it."

I was going to ask if I could see her, but no, I decide against it. She probably doesn't want to see me. Instead I'll ask, "Do you believe she can get over this?"

"She's been bullied before, so she'll be fine eventually."

"No, I meant, is she really going to finally move on with her life? I'm so worried about her."

"I don't know, but she has to. She only has until graduation in order to do so. But I'll do anything and everything I can to make it happen. I won't ket Nola suffer from this anymore. I'll do whatever it takes so that she can live a normal life."

I couldn't help but smile when he said that. I put my hand on his shoulders. "You know, you're not as messed up as you think you are."

"Why do you say that?"

"Nothing. Hang in there, Elon. I believe in you." And I kiss him on the lips, surprising him once more. I then take my leave.

Elon, you're a nice guy. Even to the risk of losing whatever sanity you have left, you won't leave your friends behind. I admire you for not running away from your problems... like I did.

5