73: School elitist? Perhaps? Or maybe just a b***h! Britney the cheerleader is no friend of Nola’s. No butt pats for her.
75 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few days since Nola shot back at me. I'm still in shock from how she suddenly changed. She still won't talk to me. She still puts that sign on top of her legs. Is this what I really wanted? No, I wanted us to separate on good terms. This is too much.

She hasn't been seeing the doctor either and has been avoiding Heather as well. But the strangest thing of all is that she's been sitting in the bleachers during basketball practice. Rudy happens to be there and he's suppose to be the one she's scared of the most. Yet she would rather hang out there than with us? Something doesn't make sense. What happened to her?

Here comes my friend Rico. Man, I haven't seen him in a while. First Mel transfers to another school and now I don't recall hanging out with Rico as much. My life is changing too drastically.

"Yo, Elon," Rico welcomes me.

"Hey, Rico. Long time no see I guess."

"Yeah, we haven't hanged out since last summer. Sorry man, but I've been busy."

"You? I thought I was ignoring you. I've been busy with some personal issues."

"So we thought we were both at fault? Then it works out for us," we both laugh. "However, there's a rumor going around. They say you went into the girls bathroom. What's that about?"

"Someone's spreading that around, and I don't know who did. It's messing up my social standing. No girl wants to go out with me."

"That's harsh. Sorry about that."

"Yeah. I guess that's another reason you don't want to hang out with me."

"Maybe not at school, but let's go somewhere later."

"Yeah, let's do that. Contact me in Discord later on."

"You got it. By the way, your sister, Nola. I don't know her personally, but there's this girl whose been hanging out with us during basketball practice. She looks a lot like her.."

"It is her. Heather confirmed it."

"So she's the elusive Nola, huh?"

"She's not elusive, it's just that she's not social... or at least wasn't. Has she been acting weird at all? Like, does she want something? Or is she hiding underneath the bleachers."

"No, she's sitting on top of them. She just sits there until class starts. She even stays after school until the courts close."

"But is she safe? Is she being picked on?"

"Some of the players make fun of her, and the cheerleaders are not happy with her. They are harassing her."

"Yeah, they would, wouldn't they."

"Heather sometimes comes to help her when they start harassing her, but other times Rudy does."

"Rudy? That bully?"

"I just said he's protecting her. Rudy isn't an actual bully, you know? Anyways, I'm going to hang out with friends today. I'll see you later." He pats me on the back and takes his leave.

Rudy is defending Nola? No, I don't like this at all. He was so obsessed with learning what happened in the bathroom, he's probably trying to dig out more dirt on us. Nola, don't trust him. Ugh. Should I visit her right now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

== Rudy POV ==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

illust-33.png

That girl, Britney. She's bad news. She's just like me, taking cheerleading seriously. Ever since Nola has been visiting here, Brit been picking on her, demanding that she leave. I've sometimes had to separate her, but I can't do it all the time. The guys are noticing I'm defending her and it's getting awkward explaining it. Just like earlier.

"Yo Rudy," one of my teammates ask, "what's up with that girl?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"I mean, do you like her? That girl up in the bleachers?"

"No. What makes you think I do?"

"Whenever Britney picks on her, you sometimes come to her rescue."

"Unlike you, I'm not a bully. I fight bullies."

"No you don't. You don't bully, but you stand by and let it happen."

"Things have changed. I'm now going to stop people from bullying, so knock it off."

"Get out of here, you idiot. You would never do something like that. Just confess that you like that dork."

"I don't hang out with dorks, let alone date them."

"So you don't mind if we join in Britney's fun?"

"I just told you, I'm fighting bullying now. Come on, knock it off. Leave the weirdos alone."

"Heh! Yeah, you're a real boy scout, huh?"

"Get back to practicing already."

Idiots. I don't like Nola, but I do respect her. You don't have to like someone to respect them. But of course I can't tell them why I respect her unless I want to be their next victim.

But I wish she wouldn't visit me here. I guess it's nice to have her around, but do I really want to hang out with her. Yeah, she made me feel better, but that was just a one time thing, right?

Oh crap, Britney is at it again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

== Nola POV ==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh no, It's that cheerleader again. I just want to watch Rudy play. Why are you bothering me?

"'Hey!" she shouts from the bottom of the bleachers. She comes up, "You're still here?"

"I have every right to be here."

"I keep telling you, this is rehearsal/practice. So unless you are a player or a cheerleader, get your butt out of here."

"Why are you so mean? I just want to watch the players practice."

"They don't like you either. They're making fun of you."

"I don't care. I just want to watch."

She's getting angry now, but I don't care. I'm not moving. "Listen here, girly. You don't qualify to be a cheerleader."

"I don't want to be one."

"You're not popular either. I don't know who you are, but you are an eyesore. Come back when there's a game. Only then can you come here with the rest of the freaks, alright?" She then pushes me.

I'm kind of scared, but I'm also angry. I'm not moving from here. "Why do you have to pick on me? I'm not bothering anyone."

"I don't like your presence. Beat it, loser." By this time, Rudy was climbing up the bleachers. "Roody, again?"

When he reaches the top, he says, "How many times must I tell you to stop making a commotion." He says as he's crumpling a sheet of paper.

"Coming to save your girlfriend again, Roooooody!?"

"This has nothing to do with her. If a teacher sees you acting like this, we're both in trouble."

"Naw, naw, naw. I've never seen you defend anyone or anything. You don't bully, I know that, but you don't stop bullying either. In fact, this is the first time I've seen you do it, and it's with this freak of nature."

"Who are you calling a freak, with that bear trap on your teeth?"

"My braces aren't an eyesore, unlike that hair of hers. Look at it. It's like her mommy still cuts it." All the cheerleaders laugh.

"Stop picking on her... before we get in trouble. Just go already."

"You're ordering ME around?" she steps closer to him. "Don't forget, I know your horrible secret. Trying to stick your finger up my asshole. You're lucky I'm a compulsive liar and no one believes me, but rumors can spread. Let's see you get a date after they find out, Roooooooooooooooody."

"Will you beat it already, Britney? You're going to get us in trouble. Now, I got a game to practice for, so go back to your routine." And he walks away. Britney looks at me and huffs before taking her leave.

During their talk, I noticed Rudy drop that crumpled up ball of paper and tossed it between my legs. I looked at him and briefly, he nods his head before heading to practice.

I get off the bleachers and go underneath them. I found the ball of paper and open it up.

Meet me after school behind Building 5. Nobody goes there.

3