Chapter 5: Breeding Like Animals
1.4k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Superconductor she said.

I had no idea how it looked or how to find it. But The Empress gave me a revolver, a backpack full of food and ammunition, and a new set of garments for me to wear and a gas mask.

The garments were nothing fancy. Black combat boots. Dark green shorts that went all the way down to my knees. A white shirt that sometimes revealed my belly, and a nice green jacket with a complementary green military hat.

The Empress said that phones were useless post-omnicide. So she gave me a futuristic, fold-able radio. For the unsuspecting observer, it looked like mere semi-transparent black plastic square. But it was actually made out of flexible glass and despite fitting in my wallet, it displayed information in its glass screen.

The radio also had the ability to interpret the data of anything in front of it.

I hovered the radio over a mirror and I was not happy with the results.

[Dave:

[Gender: Futa.

[Race: Human: Pre-Omnicide + Aesthetic Modifications.

[Complexion: Fair skinned, Green Haired, Golden Eyes, Skinny, Short.

[Threat Level: Low

[Intelligence - 14] Your IQ is above average.

[Strength - 11] Weasel. You are statistically more likely to perform slightly worse than the average human.

[Wisdom - 13] You are a good planner.

[Dexterity - 11] You are as average as humans get.

[Charisma - 15] You are well spoken.

[Constitution - 11] You are likely to live long enough to mate.

—————————————Skills: Hidden——————————————————

“What the fuck!” I said out loud.

The Empress responded very quickly through the radio.

“Isn’t it cute? I tinkered you a bit to make you better suited to be my personal twink. However, if you prefer, I could also swap your brain into a true female humanoid.”

“Fuck off.”

I muted her off.

I proceeded to follow the pointers on the radio’s screen. The containment zone was not very far away from the city. I walked forth, through clean yet desolated streets, there was not a single car in sight.

Which made it even weirder when I ran into Humans. The humans here were numerous enough to form crowds around the streets. Every single one of them, regardless of their age or gender, was well groomed and lean. However, they all kept their gaze down, and every single one of them wore the same set of garments and hair styles prescribed to their gender.

All the men wore black, sock-less oxfords. Luxurious white pants, a tucked plain white dress shirt with a black leather belt and a very thin white cardigan with a number inscribed in it.

The women were not an exception to this uniformity. For they wore black skirts that reached down to their knees, a white blouse with a number inscribed in it, and sandals.

There was zero diversity. They all had deep black hair, fair skin and green eyes.

But their eyes were hard to see for they kept their gazes down. They walked almost as a collective.

I followed a handful of them into what seemed like a food store. They completely ignored my existence.

There I notice that the humans in line buying the food were not paying with money. Instead, they scanned a bar code on their wrists and an android gave them a small box and a bottle of water. The men and women alike, just took hold of their little box and dispersed back into the street crowds.

Then I heard as the radio turned back on.

“Ohohoho,” The Empress said. “Humans thought they were the superior species, and that only they could domesticate animals. Well, I managed to domesticate humans. I first forcefully forced them to mate down to a single mutt race of my liking. Then, I fine tuned it even further by eliminating all gene diversity within the new post-omnicide race. Now truly all humans were born equal, copy exact, maximizing the effectiveness of my domestication. Further more I destroyed their cultures , religions and language turning them into a blank slate. Then finally with the implementation of a social credit system, I ensured that every single human is born and raised and lives the rest of his life with the same experiences and results as other humans. Naturally, humans are inclined to worshiping a higher being, and who better than me for them to worship! Ohohohoh.”

“Well you truly have created a magnificent utopia,” I said with sarcasm. “If you have your army of human pets, why do you even need me?”

“Ahem, no system is perfect,” The Empress said. “Sadly, my children are not well suited to help me reclaim my birthright. As such, other less ideal means are necessary.”

Just as The Empress said that, I could hear Lily The Loli getting kicked out of a nearby store.

“This is not fair!” Lily yelled, with tears coming down her face.

“You should know better. Than to attempt to sell Holy Artifacts. It goes against the Gospel. The voice of a man said, as he slammed the door.

Lily pulled her gun. But kept herself from firing.

“For instance, Feral Humans are great tool to use in my search of The Superconductor. They are willing to undertake dangerous tasks for something as simple as food or sex,” The Empress said. “Ohohoho, I am kind enough to allow the competent ones to live in a segregated part of my beloved city. The best part of it all, is that they are also willing to do anything to not get kicked out. For instance, that-”

I muted The Empress again and walked towards the crying loli.

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked. She looked at me with confusion but then hugged me.

‘Huh, this was very different than when we met the first time. Wait a minute, is she treating me nicer only because I no longer look like a man!?’

“No…. Not really… this fucking city is so unfair,” Lily said. “But is nice to see kind people still exist.”

I smiled. Lily was truly very cute.

Suddenly, I heard an electric buzzer go off and Lily screamed as if she was getting electrocuted. The poor girl almost jumped out of my way, as she began to blow air into her hand.

A radio fell from her hand into the sidewalk below. It was my radio.

“Huh!? You were pick-pocketing me!?” I shouted.

“Ehhhh…. Ehhhh,” Lily said then began running away.

I was barely able to aim at her with my radio, and right before she ran away from the tool’s effective range, I caught a glimpse of her stats:

[Lily:

[Dexterity - 24] As agile and graceful as a cat. Great flexibility and very fast slight of hand. This person naturally moves out of danger.

[Threat Level: Medium. Beware of their scams.

——————————Skills: Hidden—————————————-

I waved my fist at Lily.

“Damn you!” I said.

25