Chapter 22: Thoughts
210 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours before the operation

Misaki leaned her back on the chair and examined the proposal for the sting operation that would be commenced in the afternoon. The plan was detailed and well-organized from start to finish. She placed the folder down on her table and signed on the lower right part for it to be approved. Now, that the urgent work is done.

She wondered why Kazuya hasn’t been calling her “Wife” lately but with “Misaki” instead. She didn’t mind it at first as he could’ve just forgotten about it but as the days go by. She noticed that he’s doing it in purpose now.

Her eyes widened at the thought of him having another girl that he calls “wife” behind her back. Yes, that could be it, she thought.

The silver haired youth stood up and  went for the door. She twisted the knob and it creaked open as it moved backwards from her. Before she left, a short haired brunette girl approached her along with two boys clad in grey tracksuits.

“Ah, Kaichou!”

“Oh, its you, Ogata-san. What brings you here?” Misaki raised a brow at the brunette after closing the door.

“These boys volunteered to be an asset for the operation. Can they come with us?” Nanase said, gesturing with an open hand at the two as if she were introducing at item to a customer. “They are from the track team.”

‘They look really huge.’

Was the first thing that Misaki thought after she looked at the supposed assets that Nanase had presented to her. The most noticeable feature to them was they were tall, probably the same height as her boyfriend and a faint view of their muscles were bulging from the tracksuits that they wore.

“Can you make a proposal for this one?” Misaki asked with a stern voice. “I cant allow it in this way.”

“Can’t make an exception, Kaichou?” Nanase pleaded and clasped both of her hands together, raising it above her chest, looking at the student council president with doe eyes. "Please?"

Not wanting to deal with this anymore, Misaki agreed to her request and told Nanase that she will vouch for her if she came into trouble with her fellow committee members.

After that, they left and headed back. With the interruptions gone, she can finally focus on the task at hand.

_

Misaki arrived at the back of the school. A ton of cracked soda cans, empty bag of chips and plastic wrappers were scattered around the area. A small group was playing cards around a corner and another watched what seemed to be a recorded broadcast of an idol singer.

She didn’t mind the mess as it was pointless to enforce the rules on them anyway. A tall black haired boy with a face mask approached her. He had bandages on his stomach and was shirtless underneath the school blazer that he wore.

“Welcome, Kaichou!” He greeted her while bowing his head.

“At ease.” Misaki gestured. “Where’s your boss, today?”

The black haired youth composed himself and escorted her to where their leader was.

Kazuya squatted on the ground along with Keiji and Toshiro. A large pool money was situated in the center and a few packs of unopened various soda cans with a small stack of snacks were beside it.

The black haired delinquent left as soon as Misaki arrived at her destination. She placed her hands on her hips and with a curious expression. The silver haired president walked towards them to find out that they were betting on online horse races.

“Ahem.”

Kazuya glanced behind him and went back to the phone that they were watching on.

She raised a brow and planted an irritated look on her face.

'No greeting for me? Just a glance like I’m some nobody who just dropped by to watch along. The nerve of this guy…'

Kazuya felt a strong blunt force landed on top of his head and it made him lose his balance for a bit.

“Ow” He rubbed the top of his head and stood up, facing the angry silver haired girl in front of him. “What did you do that for, Misaki?”

“You looked at me like I’m just some random person who decided to join you watch the game? I’m your wife, damn it!”

“Ok, there’s no need to get angry.” Kazuya commented. “Look, I placed a large bet on one of the horses and if I win, I’ll treat you somewhere nice.”

Amid the conversation, Keiji and Toshiro were giggling at their leader’s expense. They looked at him while holding back their laughter as he tried to calm his girlfriend down.

“Looks like Danchou is getting the short end of the stick once again.” Toshiro picked up a soda and used his pointer finger to lift the cap up. A loud popping sound was heard and a faint fizzing sound came afterwards.

“I wouldn’t be surprised. He basically treated Kaichou like a speck of dirt that landed over his shoulder.” Keiji remarked. His eyes were beginning to glow up as his favored horse overtook the first place from their leader’s horse.

“Yes, come on. You can do it!” The fat boy punched the air upwards, letting out a scream of joy. “Give it to me!”

After a while, Misaki seemed to have calmed down and sighed. “I don’t know why I’m still with you.”

“Its probably because that you love me?” Kazuya raised his eyebrows as if he was silently telling her, you know its true.

She shook her head and crossed her arms below her chest. “I want to know why are you addressing me as ‘Misaki’ and not by ‘wife’. I told you to call me that right?”

Kazuya scratched the back of his head as he wore a sheepish expression. “Well, ‘Misaki’ is your first name and is it bad if I call you that?”

She hissed at what her boyfriend said and her eyebrows began to scrunch down. Her purple eyes had a cold glare into them and it sent shivers down his spine.

A trickle of cold sweat appeared on his forehead and it dripped down his chin before falling down into the ground.

'Crap, she’s getting angry now. What should I do?'

His train of thought was broken when he heard a gunshot from behind him followed by a couple of trumpets. The announcer slowly reported the final ranks of the horses in the race.

“What?! How is that possible?!” the voice of Keiji was heard throughout the area as he couldn’t believe what he just saw.

Kazuya’s favored horse upstaged his horse in the last minute, making it end in second place while Toshiro landed in fourth place.

“Your horse won this match, Danchou.” Toshiro said after taking a long gulp on his soda, emptying it and discarding the empty can aside.

Overjoyed with this announcement, Kazuya wrapped his arms around Misaki, placing her in a tight embrace. “You’re the best wife ever!”

He then started to kiss her on the lips. Her eyes widened and her expression switched from irritation to shock at an instant.

She kissed him back and they engaged in a hot open mouthed kiss that lasted for a minute.

Kazuya kissed him on the cheek once again after breaking the embrace and turned around to collect his winnings.

She looked around the vicinity and noticed that a certain person was nowhere to be found.

“Where is that girl? I haven’t seen her around here.”

“You’re looking for Sei, Kaichou?” Toshiro asked after he stood up and stretched his legs as squatting for an hour made them numb. “She’s currently in the Tea Appreciation club at the moment.”

“I see.” Misaki nodded to herself. It’s a good thing that Sei wasn’t here otherwise, their meeting would’ve been pretty bad and the tension between them might turn the atmosphere around the area to be sour.

1