Alternate Chapter 28: Leaving
116 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Murasaki high, student council office

Misaki took a sip of her tea and looked at the report that she received from the committee. It said that Nanase Ogata went to the vice president’s office earlier that day and confessed. She was the hooded masked person all along and she incited Toshiie Shinozaki to be one who will be hooded person for that day.

The silver haired president rested her back against the chair and found a very interesting detail on the report.

Nanase Ogata’s motive for creating the erotic magazines was to defame Risa Hagiwara, the popular girl in their class. It looks like her childhood friend, Midoru Masahiro confessed to the victim which was Hagiwara and the latter accepted their confession.

Although Nanase was the one who kept on pushing Midoru thinking that the boy will suffer a crushing rejection from the popular black haired gal went along with him. However, it backfired onto Nanase  and was somehow left one.

Based upon her confession, after Midoru gets rejected, She (Nanase) will comfort her childhood friend and tell him that she is all that she needs.

She also added that she stalked Risa Hagiwara’s social media accounts for hours and dug onto her profiles extensively until she found the perfect photo. For the other girls aside from Hagiwara. They were close friends of the victim (Risa) and she deemed them to be “slut” as per Nanase Ogata’s words.

Further information indicates that the motive was also love as the culprit (Nanase) harbored strong feelings for her childhood friend but didn’t confess until then. She wanted to see her friend to be at the lowest point and that will be the time that she will comfort him.

Recommended action to be taken:

Expulsion from Murasaki High and pursue legal action against her.

Requesting approval from the student council president: (  )

As of this moment, Nanase Ogata is detained in a makeshift cell inside the committee office.

Evidence: Multiple bags of money containing a total of one hundred thousand yen per bag.

Recommended action for this is to use the money to further fund the school as it cant be returned to the previous owners.

Requesting approval from the student council president: (  )

Regarding Toshiie Shinozaki, the previous culprit. Since, Nanase Ogata already confessed. His suspension has been lifted and he is already being notified by Momoe Katagiri.

However, given Nanase Ogata’s findings about the photography club president’s secret photoshoots as we have obtained the camera that was used for it.

Recommended action for this incident:

Seize the camera and have him clean the pool everyday for a month.

Requesting approval from the student council president: (  )

End of report.

After reading the lengthy report. Misaki placed it on top of her table and finished drinking her tea in one gulp.

She thought that if she approved the committee request on expelling Nanase Ogata from the school. The brunette would have a hard time on finding a new school to get into as her perfect record would surely be tarnished.

However, with pursuing legal action. The silver haired youth agreed that what she did was bad but she didn’t deserved to be treated like a criminal. After all, Nanase Ogata just did it out of love. 

It reminded her lf what Sei did with her boyfriend, Kazuya and if Nanase gets convicted, it will surely make Misaki’s workload even more harder.

A single solution appeared in her mind and decided that it will be best thing to do in this situation.

Misaki leaned forward and picked up the phone, dialing the committee’s number.

Multiple rings erupted loudly as it connected from the other side then it stopped after the seventh ring.

“Hello, Kaichou. How can we help you for today?” a feminine voice spoke and the faint clacking of keyboards were heard in the background along with a few distant chatter.

“Is Nanase Ogata there?” Misaki asked with a monotonous tone of voice.

A few seconds of silence greeted the president on the line as the phone was seemingly placed and it was picked back up again.

“Yes, Nanase Ogata-san is still here. What do you need from her?”

“Bring her in the student council office.”

“It will be done, Kaichou. Would there be anything else?”

“That will be all.”

Misaki hung up the phone and placed it back onto the landline’s base. I need a day off from all of this, she thought as she reclined herself onto her chair.

_

Nanase Ogata arrived in front of the student council’s door. She was feeling nervous and at the same time, scared as she was escorted by two committee members to be interrogated alone by the president herself.

She has heard of rumors where Misaki glared at one of the misbehaving students and he suddenly became ill the next day.

How much of a terror can one person be to make the recipient of her gaze sick?

Such power.

The brunette took a hold of the knob, twisting it clockwise. A loud creaking sound was heard as it slowly opened. Inside the student council were two couches facing together on the right side and a small rectangular coffee table was in the middle of them. The interior walls were painted white and ceiling had a flat smooth surface which was painted in a very light gray color.

On the left side was a tall cupboard drawer and beside it was a small square table with a small tea kettle along with a few cups on top of it.

The student council president’s desk had a small pile of paperwork on the side and there, Misaki Fujibayashi sat on her chair, her arms were placed on top of the wooden desk and her wrists were clasped together.

The glowing sun behind her, made the mood even more tense as she looked like a deity radiating her majestic aura throughout the room.

Nanase closed the door behind her as she got in and walked towards the silver haired president’s desk, sitting on one of the chairs in front.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Nanase Ogata.” Misaki spoke, her tone was serious and she looked at the brunette girl intently.

“Y-you were l-looking for me, Kaichou?” The brunette girl stammered on her words. She felt the president’s gaze was peeling every inch of her soul away from her body and she now knew what Midoru had felt when he was brought inside here for questioning.

“I received a report that you have confessed to your crimes and I must say that things aren’t looking good for you right now.” Misaki said and picked up the folder containing the brunette’s confession, showing it to her. “You’re going to be expelled from this school.”

Expelled?

A trickle of cold sweat dripped down Nanase’s forehead and fell onto the carpeted floor.

It was a very harsh punishment indeed but it was fitting for someone like her. She had already given up on seeing the face of her childhood friend due to the embarrassing things that she made.

She looked down and began to sniff lightly. “I-If that is your verdict then I will comply, Kaichou.”

Misaki shook her head and as she placed the folder away.

“If you were to get expelled from this school. You will be blacklisted and it will be hard for you to enroll to a different school.”

The silver haired president took a sip of her tea and continued. “However, there is a way for this to be resolved peacefully.”

Nanase raised her head up and looked at Misaki with eyes full of hope. Whatever this other way is, she will accept it wholeheartedly as she didn’t want to be labeled as a criminal.

“You’ll need to drop out from this school and that way, your record with us will still remain perfectly clean and you wont find it too hard to get into another school, Ogata-san.”

It was the same result as earlier but this time, dropping out from school doesn’t seem that bad all. In fact, it’s the best resolution that she could ask for.

“What do you say, Ogata-san?” Misaki asked. “Will you prefer to be expelled or would you like to drop out?”

“I’ll be dropping out from this school, Kaichou.” Nanase replied, with utmost confidence. “I thank you for your judgement on this matter.”

She felt the huge void in her heart stopped growing and a feeling of relief washed over her. 

At least I can still say that I dropped out of my accord.

Her charade was done and in the end, a girl full of inadequacy and insecurity appeared before them.

“From this moment, you are no longer a student of this school and you’ll receive your transcript within a week as it will be sent to your home. You also don’t need to worry as the outcome of this case wont be disclosed to the public.” Declared the silver haired president. “If you want to say your farewells, you can do so right now.”

Nanase left the student council office and walked along the white tiled pathway.

She was greeted by multiple students along the way and some invited for an after school hanging out but she declined, stating that she is busy.

A sharp sting was felt on her heart. Why did she wasted her standing, her reputation, her luxuries in school for something so trivial?

She found Midoru along with Hagiwara sitting on a bench under a big tree at the courtyard.

The brunette slowly approached the two and with a heavy heart, wrapped her arms around her childhood friend in an embrace.

“Nana-chan?” Midoru uttered as he was surprised by the sudden arrival of his friend. “What’s wrong?”

“I’ll leave you two for a while. It looks like you need some quality time together.” Hagiwara said, sensing the sadness from Nanase as she buried her face onto Midoru’s chest.

The tall black haired girl left the two childhood friends alone.

_

Later that same day in the committee internal affairs

Homura received a report from the student council office that Nanase Ogata dropped out of school and went into a self imposed exile.

She was expecting to see the former committee member marked as expelled but to see her drop out might be the work of the student council president.

She couldn’t bring herself to expel Nanase huh? 

Toshiie Shinozaki's punishment for secretly taking photos of the women’s locker room was approved along with seizing his camera for the use of the committee and student council members.

Lastly, the request for the multiple bags of money that they confiscated was also approved. Notes regarding the approval, stated that the money will be used for increasing budgets on various clubs.

The black haired vice president stretched her arms upwards and rested her back against her chair. It was a good day today and seeing the requests that she made were somewhat approved by Misaki made her feel relaxed.

1