Chapter 18
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let the games begin. You move first.”

 

Davida was then transported into the board, becoming the king of white. “Pawn to E-4”, the pawn in front of her stood up before moving one tile forward. Black then moved its pawn into E-5. “Bishop to F-4” Davida moved her right bishop forward, playing aggressive from the get-go.

 

Black moved his knight into F-6, potentially defending against Davida attack while setting up his board. Davida didn’t flinch, however, as she moved her knight to C-3. Black moved aggressively, moving the bishop to B-4, attacking white’s knight. Davida grunted while moving back her knight into E-2.

 

The black king calmly played his knight into C-6. “Pawn to C-3.” Davida moved her pawn to attack the black’s bishop who’s overextended. Sighing in relief, Davida aggressively moved her pieces as she continues to attack, “Pawn to D-4.”. Black bite to Davida provocations; the pawn moved and drew its sword, smashing white pawn to pieces. Davida retaliated by immediately destroying black’s pawn.

 

What she didn’t foresee, however, Black moved her knight E-4, destroying Davida’s pawn. Unfazed, Davida moved her pawn to D-5, forcing black to move its knight away to B-4. She moved the pawn forward even more, drawing retaliation from black, making black’s pawn from C-7 to attack white pawn at D-6.

 

‘That was a stupid move,’ Davida thought as she loses one advantage. She recollects herself, moving her knight from E-2 to E-4. The black king crossed his arms, thinking for a moment before making a move, “Pawn to D-5”, attacking Davida’s bishop at C-4. “I’m not having it!” she ordered her bishop at C-4 to destroy Black’s pawn at D-5. “Fool!” the black king shouted, “Knight, kill her bishop.” The knight that the black king’s placed earlier moved from B-4 to D-5, obliterating white’s bishop.

 

Davida snickered, “You’re the one who’s a fool!” with her competitive spirit lit on, her tap on her mouth has been opened as well. The usual shy but polite Davida was nowhere to be seen; instead, a strong woman with a fiery passion in her eyes stood tall in front of me, facing her adversary. “Destroy that foolish knight o’ queen of mine!” Davida command, extending her hand forward, pointing at the knight at D-5.

 

The Black King was taken back, not expecting a trap sprung by his opponent. He took a minute, then he moved his other knight from E-4 to D-6. “Hmm.” Davida rubbed her chin before moving her knight from F-4 to H-5. Black defended himself by moving his rook from H-8 to G-8.

 

“Knight to F-3” Davida moved her chess piece while thinking about her next attack. Black then went aggressive, moving his pawn from G-7 to G-6. This forced Davida to withdraws her knight back to F-4. Black moves by setting up his queen into C-7 while Davida moves her knight from F-3 to D-4. Still intending to destroy Davida’s knight, Black moved his pawn forward from G-6 to G-5. Davida moved back her knight into H-3, avoiding Black pawn.

 

The Black King does an unexpected move, surprising Davida. He moved his queen all the way to C-4, aggressively attacking Davida’s queen and her knight. “You wanted to play like that, yeah?” Davida southern accents come out, “Fine, I’ll play your game.” She used her own queen to destroy Black’s queen; in turn, Black used his knight to kill Davida’s queen.

 

Davida’s reckless play doesn’t stop, as she used her bishop to destroy the pawn at G-5. Black’s bishop that was on E-7 moved immediately, killing Davida’s bishop at G-5. However, the exchange doesn’t stop as Davida used her knight to obliterate Black’s bishop instantly. Black’s rook wasn’t staying idle as it moved to G-5, destroying Davida’s knight.

 

I then saw Davida moved herself G-1 while her rook moved to F-1. I turned around at Duncan, “Is that allowed?”. Amused, Duncan smile before explaining, “It’s called Castling. It is a move in chess that consists of moving the king two squares towards a rook on the player's first then moving the rook to the square that the king crossed. It can only be done if both the king and the rook involved never moved.” I nodded at Duncan’s explanation before focusing on the game.

 

Black moved himself from E-8 to F-8 before moved her knight from D-4 to F-3. Black moved his rook from G-5 to G-4, but Davida scared it off by moving her pawn from H-2 to H-3. The rook retreated to G-7 while Davida placed her own rook to C-1, attacking Black’s knight. Black’s knight retreated into D-6. Davida then sets up her board by moving her rook from F-1 to E-1. Black moved his pawn from B-7 to B-6, while Davida moved her knight to E-5. Black attacked her knight by moving his pawn from F-7 to F-6, forcing Davida to retreat her knight to D-3.

 

Black moved his bishop to A-6, hoping that Davida retreated her knight even more; instead, she chose to move forward, pushing her knight to B-4, threatening Black’s bishop. Davida moves her pawn to G-2 while Black continues to attach by moving a pawn from A-7 to A-5. “Tch”, Davida clicked her tongue, moving back her knight D-3.

 

“Let’s see how you handle this” Black moved his bishop to E-4. Davida responded by moving her pawn to F-3. “Got you! Rook, move forward, destroy her pawn.” The Black King ordered as his rook moved from G-7 to G-3. Seeing the massive chess piece up close, Davida gritted her teeth before moving to H-2. The formidable Black King made a mistake, however, by pushing his rook to H-3. Davida saw her opportunity, swiftly moving herself forward, destroying the rook at H-3.

 

As if unfazed by his mistake, Black moved his bishop to D-3, sending Davida’s knight to oblivion. “Damnit, what a gambit,” Davida said, frustrated. “I fell for such an obvious trap”, she looked at The Black King, arrogantly crossing his arms. “Fuck this,” she moved her rook forward to C-3, but Black immediately moved his bishop to C-4, further baiting Davida.

 

Davida face contorted, but she immediately took a deep breath, calming herself down. She ordered her rook to move from E-1 to D-1, intending to take Black’s knight at D-6. The Black King moved to E-7, protecting his knight. Davida's lips curled up as she moved her rook back into E-1. The Black King moved back to D-8, while Davida also moved back her rook into D-1. This continues multiple times, making The Black King irritated. He finally relented as he moved back to F-8.

 

Davida moved back her rook into D-1, further provoking The Black King. It proved successful, as The Black King mistakenly move his bishop to F-1, checking Davida. Davida smiles smugly at The Black King before moving her rook to take Black’s bishop at F-1. Left only with a knight and a rook, The Black King moved predictably as Davida managed to corner him even more. The game ended when Davida checkmated The Black King by having him be on H-5 while both of her rook F-5 and D-6 respectably.

 

The Black King resigned in defeat, bowing to Davida, “Congratulations for passing part.1 of The Test of Knowledge. Please head towards the gazebo to collect your reward.” He said before disappearing altogether, along with the chessboard and the chess piece. Davida sigh in relief while Diane charged at Davida, hugging her tightly.

 

“Congratulations” Me and Duncan looked at this scene with a smile.

 

(A/N: Here’s the link to the actual game I based this from

https://lichess.org/hHbvVwwC/white#0)

1