The Nightmare’s Secrets
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I readied myself, as Alice commanded her dolls to charge towards me. I dodged to the side, and the lancer dolls stick their cone shaped lances to the door, and struggling to pull them out. I turned around to slash their heads off.

They then dropped down to the floor motionless as their heads and strings that connected them to Alice's fingers were cut by the Spirit Cutting sword, Roukanken. Since the strings are invisible, she might as well used spiritual magic to create ethereal strings. If it weren't for Roukanken, maybe I would have messed up, totally.

"Enough games, Marisa. I want us to be together, and we will wether you like it or not."

From her back, she pulled out a couple of daggers, and charged at me whilst slashing at my direction which I tried my best to dodge in this rather small bedroom.

One of her blades grazed on my skin, causing a tiny amount of blood to come out. Alice then licked the tip of the blade that grazed it, and complete silence loomed.

"It tastes... Exquisite. This should be mine... All of you! Blood! Body! Soul! Everything about you! Mine!"

She then made a beeline, pouncing me with both blades at the ready, but I dodged out of the way, and she ended up sticking the blades into a cupboard. Using this opportunity, I thrusted The Roukanken's blade through her back, twisted it before kicking her into the cupboard, destroying it.

She slowly stood up, as her wound seeps out a quiet lot of blood. She slowly crept towards me, and raised her blades slowly, swinging them down but they missed. She dropped down again to the floor, and looked up at me.

"You shouldn't do this... I don't want you to suffer anymore in this nightmare..."

"Sorry, Alice. But this is the path that I choose."

I raised the Roukanken up, and brought it down, separating Alice's head from her body. And as I thought... She had turned herself into a doll, and the prospect of that is her mind corroded to the point of her unable to reason with anyone, let alone me.

I know, we met for the first time at the Mystic City, as enemies. But I never expected to see her again in Gensokyo, tagging alongside me and all. But deep down, she wanted to turn me into a doll? So that I would stay by her side forever?

I walked over to the bookshelf, and found her grimoire. Taking it and opening it, a key falls out from the middle page.

"What's this...? Hidden child of the Moriya, branch family, until today no trace of her existence?"

But then the words reached down to a picture, one that made me dropped the book. It couldn't be!

I picked up the key, and walked out of the bedroom. I went downstairs, and to the tower entrance. If I am indeed still in the Magus's Nightmare, then what's up there is a whole other place that Alice hid from me.

I inserted the key into the ornate keyhole, and twisted it. The door slides open, revealing an elevator in the tower. This wasn't here in the waking world, but I have a feeling that I should take it, even if it meant to escape this hell.

The elevator instantly went up after I stepped inside. And when it stopped and a door opened, I find myself in a whole other landscape. I am standing at the shores of the Misty Lake, with the ruins of boat wrecks littering the lake. Which time period is this?

I took a look at my pocket watch inside my magic storage, to see that all the needles are spinning non stop. Where and when exactly is this?

I walked out of the elevator and approached the lake. Beached on the shore is what looked like a frog's body, with a humanoid face washed up and not living.

The stomach of the creature jiggled, and a bulge formed from the inside, and afterwards a slimy hand bursts out of it, and slowly the head of the creature inside crawls out alongside it's slimy body.

The creature has a humanoid figure, and a sickly green colored hair that flows down to her waist. She carried her placenta on her left hand, as she slowly stood up in the juices of her birth.

She looked up at the moon above, and sobbing is heard.

"Now I understand why did you desire revenge on humanity..."

The creature turned around, her green eyes met mine, and her face is that of fear as her body trembled heavily.

"...Master."

Mima, Orphan of Moriya

- To Be Continued

2