The End – A Sunny Gensokyo
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait... So it's all a nightmare, Master?"

"Always has been, Marisa."

"Why...? I don't get it. Why didn't I wake up? The pain I felt here..."

"That book you stole in the real world trapped you here. It exists to punish curious magicians, and they must make a journey through it. Once the host of the nightmare is gone then the night would end... And it will truly do once you are killed by the one bound to this world."

"And that's..."

"Yes. I am bound to this world, I made a contract with a deity. One that's appearance is incomprehensible to the human mind and logic. The colors... The colors out of space itself blanketed the deity. Now let me ask you this again, Marisa. Will you let me, your master, end your life out of mercy?"

Tears begin to fall out of my eyes, and I hugged Master tightly.

She is surprised, and she wrapped her hands around my body, hugging me back.

"But Master! Doesn't it mean that I'll forget everything!? Even meeting you here...? I... I lost you once, Master! You're the only person I've seen as a mother to me!"

"Marisa..."

"Just... Why!? Why does it have to come into this!?"

I cried onto her dress. She shushed me down, and memories of my childhood flashed in my mind. Where I tried to learn magic and accidentally hurt myself and cried, it was Master that calmed me down. She would hug me, heal me from the pain.

I remembered the times where we played together, trained in magic together, slept together, everything ever since she picked me up after my father disowned me.

I let go of the hug, and she asked me again.

"I know how you feel, Marisa. But one must not stay in a nightmare, you belong there in your Gensokyo. Now let me ask you one final time, Marisa. Will you let me end your suffering?"

"Please, there has to be another way..."

"It has to be this way, Marisa. Remember this, you will forget everything that happened here in the nightmare... But I will always remain in your good heart. Well, it is kind of ironic considering what I am."

I sniffed.

"Alright then... If you say so... Then do it."

"Good girl."

I turned around, my back facing her." I felt her standing up behind me, and I heard something sharp brush against the grass, her crescent moon scepter.

With one swing of the scepter, I felt light as my head felt like flying away. I see my body collapsing, and Master still there with the scepter still in hand.

I closed my eyes, and everything went black.

Light begins to cover my black vision, and I slowly opened my eyes. I find myself back at my desk inside my bedroom.

"What happened just now, ze?"

I looked down to see the tome that I borrowed from Patchy. I felt an urge to open it, but I fought against it. I put the book into a sack, and I filled it with other books that I have borrowed as well.

I took my broom and flew away after getting out of the house with the huge sack straining my back.

I flew to the library at the mansion, entering from the front door instead of the usual window. Meiling the gate guard rubbed her eyes when I greeted her, and she allowed me inside after I told her the reason why I came by.

Inside, even Sakuya and Remilia are both surprised by my unusual way of entry. They begin to whisper to each other, as I walked towards the library entrance.

"Patchy! I'm returning your books, Ze!"

"You're too loud... It's still morn-- what!?"

Alice is there too, on the same table as Patchouli, drinking tea while studying.

"Ah, mornin' Alice!"

"You didn't eat a weird mushroom, did you?" Alice asked.

"What!? That's rude, Alice!"

"If you're returning the books, just put that sack near one of the bookshelves, Koakuma's returning them back to their places." Patchouli said sternly.

"Also, let's study together!"

"Eh? That's unusual--"

"Shush! Come on, let's read this! Looks interesting, ze!" I said, as I pulled out the Necronomicon that I acquired from Suzunaan some time ago.


Somewhere, in a fog covered forest lies a tombstone. A blonde haired figure got close to it, and placed a set of fresh flowers into the vase in front of it.

"Good Magus... I shall await your next visit.... Once you decide to open that tome again, and start all over."

 Good End, A Sunny Gensokyo

A Sunny Gensokyo

2