Epilogue
65 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice wakes up, and looked at the clock mounted on her bedroom wall.

She widened her eyes, took a quick bath before leaving in her usual outfit. She had a promise to visit Patchouli at the library.

She flew through the Forest of Magic, seeing it being very calm is unusual as Marisa would sometimes cause a ruckus with the local fairies while looking for mushrooms.

Alice shrugged it off. Perhaps Marisa is still asleep, or she thought so.

A few minutes afterwards, Alice reached the mansion's front gate to greet Meiling.

"Marisa flew over today, Gate Guard?"

It took a few seconds for Meiling to respond. However Alice is already inside the mansion.

"...Who?" Was Meiling's response.

Alice walked to the library entrance. However she felt her steps becoming heavy for unknown reasons. She slowly opened the door to see Patchouli floating towards her table.

"Oh, welcome."

"Hey there, Patch. Has Marisa visited today?"

The both of them took their seats, and are prepared to read a book when Patchouli gave Alice a curious face.

"Huh...? Who's Marisa?"

"Eh?"

"I'm serious, Alice. Who are you talking about? You're the only magician to ever visit this library other than me."

"What...? I'm talking about Marisa! Marisa! What do you mean you don't know?"

"Alice, aren't you a bit too old to have an imaginary friend? I know you're from The Mystic City and all, played with dolls and all, but this? I never expected this."

Alice's heart sank as she felt it's as if it's pierced by a thousand needles.

"No..."

Alice ran out, and Patchouli surprisedly called her out. Alice didn't turn her back.

"This has to be a joke, right!?"

Alice flew over to the human village to look for Marisa. She is not there. Akyuu passed by her, and Alice called her out.

"Hey, Hieda! Have you seen Marisa? You know her right?"

"Who's Marisa? In my cycle of reincarnations, I have never heard of this Marisa person."

"You're not joking, right!? You remembered everything! Please say it!"

"I swear to Kami-Sama above, Magician, I don't know! Leave me alone."

Akyuu left, as Alice cracked a smile of disbelief, her eyes twitching. She thinks, she must've gotten crazy.

She flew towards the Hakurei Shrine, to see Reimu checking on her empty donation box yet again.

"Reimu!"

"Oh, Alice? It's rare to see you--"

"Reimu! You're not like them aren't you!?"

Alice tackled Reimu, causing the both of them to crush the donation box with their weight.

Reimu gave her an earful, before Alice apologized and asked, "Now can I ask something? I am looking for Marisa... Patchy and the others doesn't remember her--"

"Who's Marisa?"

Alice shook.

"No way... Not you too, Reimu?"

"No, I don't remember someone named Marisa. Who's she? Your new doll that got lost?"

Alice couldn't hold back her tears, and she flew off without a goodbye.

"Hey! Repair my donation box first!"

Alice ignored the Miko. She flew to where Marisa lived. Surely her house still remained.

But instead of a well structured western styled home, she finds a dilapidated home that looked like Marisa's house itself. She landed down and slowly knocked on the door.

The door opens, revealing a green haired woman wearing a blue dress and cone shaped witch hat.

"You are...!?"

"Yes. I am Marisa's teacher. You fought me before."

"You mentioned her! You remembered her do you!?"

"I do... And it's my fault she's gone."

"What do you mean she's gone!? Tell me!"

"I created a book. One that would trap the person that opens it... And Marisa... She remained in that book, unable to be freed anymore. I can't feel her existence itself anymore. I wanted to exact revenge on Humanity by getting rid of that Miko... But this happened."

"Why...?" Alice balled her fists, so hard that they turned white.

"Punish me, Alice. It's my fault she's..."

Without hesitation, Alice swings her fist. It hits a wall, cracking it down.

"I couldn't... I couldn't..." Alice sobbed as she then knelt down.

Sobbing is heard the entire day throughout the forest of magic. No fairies or Youkai dared to approach either Alice or Mima.

A few days later, Koakuma flew by after Patchouli noted that Alice didn't return one of the library's books.

Koakuma finds the door unlocked, and there is Alice in front of her, hanging on the ceiling with a noose around her neck, near her table which are riddled with prescriptions bottles that had their contents spilled all over. Her face is filled with dry tears and her eyes are bloodshot.

- Fin~

After Reading, Which Ending do you prefer?
  • Bad - Doll Judgement Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good - A Sunny Gensokyo Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Another - Relieving Your Master Votes: 0 0.0%
  • True - Ascension Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
2