3; The Stranger, pt.2
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”This is a marvelous place to live up alone. You live alone, yes?" The mysterious male asked as he made himself at home, sitting on the couch comfortably. All the while Kyle is still standing with his unsettled mind going everywhere while thinking about what to do now the mysterious male is there and he couldn't even ask a thing.

Not even a single word is forming in his mouth even though his mind is drawn to all and the utmost choices possible, with Kyle even imagining that he had driven the mysterious man whose name he doesn't even know about, out.

Kyle simply curled his fists into a defensive state as he thinks and thinks, yet never finding a thing to be said or even knowing how to start, until the guest himself smiles and waves his arm slowly. A smile even draped on that thin lips isn't even going to disappear anytime soon.

"Say, I know you are there with your minds but aren't you going to ask me already, what is my name, what is my motive, and what do I want to do with you because I helped and take good care of you just now? Do you want to pay me with some sort of compensation, or do you need more money, to buy... Whiskey?" The other male, however, had already asked as if he reads all of Kyle's mind in no timeーand gestures his hand to the coffee table that is decorated with numerous amount of liquor bottlesー which frightens him more than what is his initial thought about, now he looks up to the other person in his house, who merely smiles as he pats the couch beside him.

"Now, take a seat and ask me one by one." He calls out for Kyle again and expecting him to do what he wants Kyle to do.

This time, Kyle, however, refused to sit on his side. Kyle knows he helped and take good care of him when he was drunkーeven though Kyle noticed that he doesn't bump into himーbut that doesn't mean he will do anything that a 'quite not normal' stranger inside his house and acting all chummy now for no reason.

Stubborn as he is, Kyle stood still, trying to ensure that his mind is still intact and not going to go with what the man might want to try to do with him. He simply hardens his expression even though he felt slightly woozy now his drunkness left the sensory, leaving just the usual Kyle on his serious mode.

"No, I am fine. I just want to know everything you asked just now."

And that made the other male widens his eyes at first, smiling, trying his best to hold his laughter in before bursting into a loud laugh now he can't even cover his mouth, especially whenever he made contact with Kyle. Wincing, Kyle is startled at the sudden change of reaction, but he still tries to keep his sight fixated on the other who doesn't seem to even bother with his expression; nor even trying to bother with his trail of thoughts, at all.

"Pfft. Playing a bad dog role already, I see." He chuckles and mutters some incoherent words Kyle couldn't make out what, but the next second the mysterious male closed his eyes, inhaling just a certain amount of breath, winking his eyes open, and gazes into Kyle's eyes with the same striking fear he felt when he was with him earlier, Kyle shuddered.

Deep inside, Kyle knows this man is not a man to be looked down upon. And that gaze reminded him slightly of something but he couldn't remember what, exactly. It's not related to his wife for certain, but Kyle knows the danger of what lies beyond that gaze and the eyes that could silence his foe in no time if it was a war broiled in the middle of a heated battlefield back in the old age.

Although, surprisingly, the male instantly closed both of his eyes and put on a cheery smile for not long, just to invite a confused expression from Kyle. The mysterious male even sits up properly and smiling happily as he gazes into Kyle's still hardened expression.

"Does my expression frighten you that much?" He asks while crinkling his eyes in amusement, to which Kyle take as teasing him again.

"Tsk. Frighten or not, cut to the chase and answer what you asked me earlier." Kyle commands as he furrows both of his eyebrows, not batting his eyes for one bit in return for the mysterious male's gaze. Unnerving gaze, Kyle noted.

"Hahaha. Relax for a bit. I was just teasing you." He whispers as he releases a soft sigh before waving his hand randomly as he smiles, and the pair of his black orbs twinkle with amusement. "My name is Vernon Aloysius. Twenty-five years old. Born in somewhere that you can say, fancy. And motive? Hmm, let's just say I have no motive but to hang around with you, Mr. Kyle Meguile." The male who has the name of Vernon adds pressure to his tone when he mentions the owner's house.

A mention of Kyle's name made the man in his thirty instantly lunge in to snatch one of his bottles on the coffee table and swung it straight to Vernon's head, to which the younger male dodge it wonderfully. Vernon even claps when he saw the bottle swung just right on the top of his nose and how he dodges it as he danced. Meanwhile, Kyle is furiously swinging it around to ensure this male who entered his house is certain to be eliminated.

Until a hand grabs on Kyle's wrist hard enough with one lunge movement that surely caught him off guard. It was too hard that Kyle can feel his wrist getting its joints dislocated when Vernon simply smiles and twists his hand like a toy until a loud crack and snap are heard from. Kyle couldn't stop groaning from the pain but let go of the bottle in no time. It makes a loud thud to the wooden floor but not shattered.

"Do you think I'm a villain?" Vernon shifts his gaze from the bottle and up to Kyle's furious expression.

"Where did you come to know my name?! I believed I have no connection to any Vernon nor do I know you!" The older male said with a furious tone and wanted to yank his hand away, but he couldn't feel anything on his wrist now Vernon simply shifts his gaze to Kyle's arm, his body, his leg, and lastly, his face.

Vernon simply smiles.

"No connection, I see. Should I break another bone in your body so you might remember what did you have in debt?" He asks with a sweetly poisonous voice that made Kyle almost stopped breathing.

’Debt? What kind of debt?' Kyle thought as his mind wanders at first until he concludes something and blinks his eyes.

"Debt? Is it about you taking care of me? But we've settled it, didn't we? I didn't take your money nor wanting any compensation when you are the one who bumped into me, soー"

"No, I am not talking about that," Vernon says with a smile at first, before turning the dislocated joints back to their normal state. Kyle, obviously made a pained groan as he can't handle the noise his bone made, or how painful it is to have his body messed with brute force. He is about to grab the bottle again when his eyes shifted down to the floor where the battlefield might start, if not for Vernon's foot to step on it along with another threat, "if you touch the bottle, I might make your debts twice larger than the sum."

And that is all it takes for Kyle to obediently looks up, unmoving, and slowly edges himself away from the other with wary eyes. He is wary, careful, and always observing, just like the other male named Vernon, who is way younger than him, Kyle realized. Although, strong, he noted. Vernon simply smiles as he rummages inside the trench coat he wore ever since and pulls out a folder that seemed to be full of bills, payments, any kind of transaction that is written there.

Kyle knits his eyebrows the whole time he started to question what is this Vernon fellow works as.

'Some sort of debt collector?'

Kyle mused while having his eyes drawn to the other's fair complexion and tried his best to recall where he had met before. Kyle tried his best to recall until a loud 'Ah!' takes all of his attention and he snaps out from his recollection memory.

A quick shove of papers with numbers written on the surface instantly made the older male jolts at first, and reacts with, "But I never really made a debt before! I believe all of my pension money is not concluded in any debts or evenー"

"ーplease read what is written there first, shall we?" Vernon simply cut Kyle's question with a simple smile, which is more than enough to make Kyle instantly shifts his gaze to the paper. The paper, however, made his eyes dilated wider and wider the more he follows after what was written:

'Dear Kyle Meguile, despite our previous reminders, the above amount due remains unpaid. As such, we would appreciate you making this payment as soon as possible. Due amount $1,000,000,000,000. Please remit payment toー'

"This is blasphemy! I never inquire myself with such debt things! Are you possibly a debt collector fakesー" Just before Kyle can even finish talking, another paper of the debt paper had already sprawled on the top of the previous paper. The best Kyle can react with is with a wide eye upon reading the name that consigned to the letter itself.

Hannah Meguile.

Kyle instantly felt nauseous and having his gut and the inside of his stomach starting to stir as he suddenly gets tons of flashbacks on their last parting waypoint, where he can't even say a thing but agreeing to whatever the laws and justice told him. All he can do is just sit there, listening to his ex-wife's lies to make him proved guilty and leaving his world. Along with his damned previous job. And at the recollection itself, Kyle couldn't contain how frustrated he is now he can't even say another thing when it comes to the paper where he can't even read further.

'So Hannah sold me with that number to make me suffer,' was the only thing Kyle can think as he doesn't even give a damn to the other guest who keeps making an amused expression while observing Kyle. Maybe Vernon was amused at how Kyle goes aggressive for a minute and then into a hopeless man with no expression, despair, and some other feelings. Vernon simply smiles as he had then taken all the papers away from Kyle's hands as he suddenly pities the older male who can't even seem to say anything, or let alone thinking anything after seeing such large numbers of debt written there.

Pretending to be cheery as usual, Vernon smiles as he lifts the other's chin and made Kyle shifts his dull eyes to the debt collectorーor so he might be.

"Now you've already known why I came to you, Mr. Kyle. My motive is simply to enjoy everything with you." And that made Kyle smiles scornfully.

"Right. Enjoy my expression while it lasts." Kyle said before shifting his gaze to the bottle and suddenly feeling all the displeasure starting to knock inside his head. But Vernon quickly grabs Kyle's chin to look at him. "Certainly you aren't thinking of drinkIng again, are you, Mr. Kyle? If your debt grows worse, I'm pretty sure even our company wouldn't let you go easily." Vernon simply smiles as he takes his time to enjoy the other male's displeased expression.

Kyle can't even hold his disgust to consume the numbers he had just seen, consigned with his ex-wife's name, no less. He simply furrows both of his eyebrows while looking at nothing in particular but the hopelessness.

"I don't have any money left. Nor do I have even much to pay that much. What else can I do now? I believe you can just shoot and kill me right now because I'm a hopeless man who has nothing left behind but a life of a worker who strives to live every day." And Kyle closes both of his eyes as if he is contemplating his life.

What the older man said is the truth. Kyle doesn't have anything and even enough money to even buy drinks. Even if he does, that's all there is.

Vernon, who stands there and observing Kyle for the whole time, however, smiles and lowers his eyelids as he can't even hold his amusement to see the despair forming just on the man that is in front of him. It doesn't even take him long to chuckle and to invite an arch of an eyebrow from Kyle, mostly due to an eccentric reaction of Vernon. Vernon can't even cover his face as he kept chuckling like he sees something funny right now.

"What is funny?" Kyle asks as he feels a bit offended now Vernon doesn't stop chuckling until he wheezed and stops entirely after he sees Kyle's awfully serious expression.

Vernon sighs and smiles as he slowly moves even closer to Kyle's body as he inspects him further, from the toes and up to the hair. Kyle, obviously feel slightly odd so he tries to move away or making a disgusted face as he doesn't feel comfortable from the situation, at all.

"I actually can help you to pay this debt off or even more..." Vernon paused as he leans closer to whisper, "...clearing off the debt for you." And he draws back when Kyle is about to hit him from getting too close. Kyle starts to back himself away and winces as he kept looking at the other male warily.

"What would be it for you to help me clear off the debt? Working for you? Giving you payments?" Kyle asks as he actually trots himself back and treading his ways slowly to back away from the other male who kept on taking a step forward with a weird expression on his face.

Until Kyle's shoulder blade hits the cold wall and he can't find anywhere else to go. Especially not when Vernon's arms had slammed on his every side. Vernon smiles widely and crinkles his eyes while having his black orbs kept on gazing into Kyle's hazelnut eyes the whole time. He knows Vernon doesn't even say a yes to his question and he gulps his saliva to wait on what is the other male is going to say, especially when Vernon starts chuckling like a devil, expecting its prey to say nothing else but a yes to its every not failing temptation, seduction, and sweet words.

"Why of course, it is to sleep with me."

0