Side Job (2/2)
735 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the massive doors to the apartment building opened up for me, I took a deep sigh. The door was so big it created a gust of wind that blew my hair back a bit.

At that moment, I looked like a protagonist entering a dungeon. The bright colors, modern art, catchy central fountain and beautiful designs immediately caught my eye.

I slowly walked on the marble floor and even with sneakers, it was louder than ever. It was a bit embarrassing having people watch me as my feet make heavy noises, but I kept my composure.

As a teacher, you aren’t allowed to be nervous in front of a crowd. It’s one of the most important things to have when teaching.

As it turns out, my years of teaching the daughters of wealthy businessmen, successful gangsters and even a 3rd niece of British royalty helped me a lot before I knew it.

My posture was immaculate, my eyes being sharp but still friendly and my long legs more exemplified by my one-size too small jeans.

The receptionists all stared at me for a while being returning to playing solitaire on their computers and shining their fingernails.

The residents of the building however were more...curious.

I kept my eyes to myself and made sure not to stare at anyone. Even with my body language telling everyone I didn’t want to talk, some people don’t care.

A sultry voice suddenly interrupted my path to the elevator and her thick, red lips were licked by a sensual tongue.

“Heyyyy handsome~♥. Are you moving in here or something?” (Cougar)

Unconsciously, I glanced my eyes over her body once...and then twice. It was a sight to behold; perfect face, slender body, big honkers and a sizable bottom seen through her clothes.

Her eyes show a weird glint after it notices my wandering, curious eyes. I quickly compose myself with a cough and a nose scratch.

“Ahem, uhhhh no, sorry. I’m here to visit someone” (Ren)

“Anhhhh, I see~. Then...I’ll leave you be for now, handsome~. Mwuah~♥” (Cougar)

As she was leaving, I got a whiff of her perfume and it was a good balance of perfume and natural scent. Her legs were overlapping as she walked like a model and I couldn’t help but smack my cheeks with my palms.

‘Damn it, Ren. You’re a married man for crying out loud!’

Her charms were very effective, but my morning was full of even more charm.

It wasn’t enough to get a raise out of me, so I was happily walking without being bow-legged. Tent was down.

The security guard stationed at the elevators was looking at me with pity and sorry, as if this isn’t the first time she’s done this.

With a light smile, I enter the elevator that was more luxurious than my own house. I clicked the floor 38 button and waiting patiently for the elevator.

In the meantime, I was admiring the architecture put into a single elevator. The walls were made of wood and they each had their own unique hand-carving of various animals and figures.

Bing!

As if it was instantaneously finished, the elevator stopped at the top floor and opened it’s doors to me. The long hallway was empty except for a single room at the end.

On the end of it read “3808”.

‘Come on.....first impressions matter’

“Ahem ahem, uhmmm, excuse me?” (Ren)

My knuckle knocks at the door for a bit and then I try the doorbell. My foot was tapping anxiously and my mouth was stretching for a bit before I met the parents.

They did say that they would love to do an interview, but they didn’t have the time.

Soon, I heard the footsteps of a person approaching the door and eventually after a cute grunt, it opened up.

The woman who opened the door was a young looking woman with a tan uniform. Her hair was neatly tied in a bun and her eyes were shining brightly.

‘Ahh, a maid’

“Oh? You must be Tsuchiya-san right? Welcome welcome. I’m Ellie Arnaud, but you may address me as...Ellie” (Ellie)

“Ah, then you can ca-“ (Ren)

“Please come in, Tsuchiya-san” (Ellie)

With a cute curtsy, her head lowered and greeted me. From her name and accent, she was definitely French. This family was probably foreigners, which is still fine.

I slightly understand English and French so I won’t struggle too much.

Her lips curved into a smile as she led me into the house without even letting me speak. With a confused noise, I followed her lead until we sat down at the living room.

“I heard you are a teacher at Yoshida Girls’ High School, yes?” (Ellie)

“Uhuh. I’m a Math teacher to be specific” (Ren)

“That’s good...now, you are 25 and married. Would this job impede on your life?” (Ellie)

“Not at all. I’m rather free during this summer” (Ren)

As the bland questions kept on coming, I was getting distracted by the house. The ceiling above the living room was 10 meters tall and the second floor rooms were overlooking an indoors balcony.

The design was modern, but still had a “home-y” feel to it. It was a lovely house with a big space and proper air-conditioning.

The interview by Ellie went on and on for 10 minutes straight without breaks. There were some awkward silences, but I managed to not talk since this might be test.

I’ve had this kind of test before where they just don’t talk and look at you and gauge your reaction. If you talk, you might be seen as impatient or something.

It’s a bit stupid, but I’m just the interviewee. What can I do about it?

Ellie interrupts my questioning of her methods in my mind with her aggressive page flipping and after a while and fiddling with her pen, she looks up at me again and smirks.

With a pleasant and smooth voice, she holds out her hand.

“Congratulations, you passed. The 80,000 yen pre-paid cheque will be with in a day or so. Thank you for your hard work and I hope you have a good time” (Ellie)

“Haaaahhhh...then, I’ll rely on you to treat me well” (Ren)

As we shook hands, I felt her soft fingers lightly caressing my palm. With a wry smile, I let her go and make my way out the door to continue on with my day.

However, as I was walking away, she grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me back with an almost superhuman force and showed a business-like smile.

“I’m sorry, but you start today. It’s Monday right now, so starting tomorrow would mean that the money wouldn’t come in this week since you didn’t work for a week” (Ellie)

I couldn’t believe it. If I worked for six days instead of seven, I wouldn’t be eligible for the pay? Why not pay me for six days instead? It’s ridiculous. I never knew rich people could be so stingy.

But then again, they probably got rich by being stingy with stuff like this...

“Seriously? It’s a bit stingy...” (Ren)

“It isn’t my money. Sorry, Tsuchiya-san” (Ellie)

“Well, luckily, it isn’t a problem. Where are the students I’ll be teaching?” (Ren)

“Right this way” (Ellie)

As Ellie led me upstairs into one of the rooms with a wooden door with engravings, she opened it up after knocking thrice. What greeted me were 4 young and cute women, all of whom were foreigners.

Three of them had blue eyes while one had brown eyes and they were all blonde. Their slightly sharp and slightly soft nose, tiny mouth, circle face and pronounced jawline just added to their cuteness.

“Girls, meet your new teacher, Tsuchiya-san. For you, its Tsuchiya-sensei, got it?” (Ellie)

“What the...since when did we ask for a new teacher?” (???)

“Yeah! We told papa already about this issue” (???)

“What a bother...” (???)

Three of the girls were complaining while the fourth one, the one who looked the youngest, was earnestly reading a book with her oversized glasses.

It was like a scale. The taller the girl, the bigger their breasts were.....not that I was paying attention, just an observation.

“Tsuchiya-san, the girls here are all the daughters of my employer. From oldest to youngest, their names are Bella, Estelle, Emily and finally, we have Danielle who is reading her book” (Ellie)

“Well, hello there. I’m your new tutor and I hope we can get along” (Ren)

“”......””

‘Huh...tough crowd’

With my nicest smile, I extended my hand towards them. All of them turned their heads away and let out an annoyed groan, except for one girl.

The youngest girl that was reading her book, now known as Danielle, looked up from her book for a moment. Her eyes sparkled in delight and she took my hand in both of her soft and tiny hands.

“H-hello! I hope you can teach me many many things! Thank you!” (Danielle)

As she shivered from her excitement, I wryly smiled and shook my hand to get this over with. The other girls were looking at Danielle and I with disdain.

“Ughhh, can you not be so close? It isn’t like he’ll stay for long” (Estelle)

“What she said. We have no need for a teacher” (Bella)

“Un un!” (Emily)

All of the girls nod their heads in agreement to the second oldest girl and look at me with questioning eyes. It seems like they are much more troublesome than I thought...

“Alright then. Lets have a compromise. I teach you girls and you have to find five reasons why I’m a bad teacher. If you do, I’ll walk out right now” (Ren)

Considering the tone of these girls, it seems as though they had previous tutors, but they either quit or were fired. I can’t let that happen to me. The pay is too good.

I’m a man with ethics and discipline...but! If you offer me 15,000 yen a week, I’m keeping that job with as much enthusiasm as I can.

So, with a smile on my face and the four girls lightly blushing at me, I begin the first day. It isn’t that they like me, but I just look presentable and better than average.

If I was overweight, had bad teeth and a receding hair line, they’d probably be less receptive. It’s just how not just girls are, but everyone. Hell, I was probably hired because I looked “smart”.

 

———

a.n | yo! Sorry if you thought this chapter was a bit quick, but I just wanted to show the teacher side of our protagonist! Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this one! Thanks and have a great day!

33