In The Bag
509 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was definitely prepared to not be paid, but man was it much harder to accept than I thought. I knew their power.

Hell, I’ve experienced it first hand when Big boss knelt on my back, when he killed that man and when he smoothly got out of the law enforcement’s questioning.

However, my mind keeps on telling me one thing, and one thing alone whenever I think about my payment.

‘I worked for it’

I definitely worked for that money. I deserve that money. It may be dirty money gathered from a dead man, but nevertheless, I still assisted in that kill.

I may want to distance myself from that, but the money is something I can’t deny. I need that money. It isn’t enough to just want, so I work for it. I worked for it, but I didn’t get anything.

To add insult to injury, Yuriko was there and she probably had a say on whether I get paid or not. They’ll probably find another person in a similar situation as me to replace my job as a cleaner.

Throughout the entire day, I was too focused on getting the money from Big boss that even Bella, one of my tutor students noticed.

As I was trying to explain one of the key formulas to her, my mind wandered again, thinking about the money.

‘How much money did they get paid? 100,000 yen? 150,000 yen? God, it’s so annoying. I wonder if Yuriko is saying anything to Bi-‘

“Ummm, Tsuchiya... sensei?” (Bella)

While thinking about the money i was supposed to receive, the one I was trying to teach the formula to interrupted my thoughts. She was Bella and she was a classic tsundere.

That’s how I described her in my mind.

“Umm? Did you not understand something or was it the headpats you wanted?” (Ren)

With the most annoying grin I could muster, I looked at her like I was a sleazy douchebag who was just hitting on her. Immediately after that, her cheeks puff up and her ears go red.

“N-no you dummy! I’m talking about you! You seem... you seem a bit sad, or maybe dissatisfied?” (Bella)

“No! Did I do something, Tsuchiya-sensei?” (Danielle)

Even though Danielle wasn’t involved in this situation at all, in fact, she finished about 20 minutes ago, she still wanted to get into the problem whenever I was involved.

It’s probably hormones. Yeah, these damn hormones messing with Danielle’s mind.

“No no, it’s not you guys’ fault. But anyways, did you understand it?” (Ren)

“Yeah, I got it...” (Bella)

“Then, good girl~ you’re a very good girl~” (Ren)

To make her stop asking anymore questions, I decide on just rubbing her head until she becomes a meek kitten. This is the solution to everything in life; headpats.

Every time she would do something good, I’d headpats her. Every time she’d behave properly, I’d headpat her. It’s a really big weakness on her part. In fact, this was a big weakness on her part and her sisters’ parts.

All of them were some what docile towards my headpats. Bella and Danielle being the weakest while Estelle and Emily being the strongest, though still a bit bashful.

She quickly hid her face into the book in front of her and I started thinking about the money again. This is really important.

By the end of it, I was still a bit troubled as Ellie sent me out of the building.

“Haaaahhh... why am I so stressed right now? It’s just... money, isn’t it?” (Ren)

I wryly chuckle at myself as I walked out of the property and made my way to the bus stop. On the way, I heard a really, really recognizable voice that I somewhat didn’t want to hear...

“Ara ara? If it isn’t Ren-kun! Come here come here...” (Keiko)

My neighbor, Keiko Miyamura, was calling me over to an upscale coffee shop. I definitely couldn’t afford this place, but I can’t just ignore her.

I give a big smile and walk over to her, giving her a big hug and sitting opposite of her. Everyone at the cafe looked either really wealthy, or they were wealthy but trying and failing to hide it.

It’s inevitable that I can see whether or not they are wealthy. It’s too obvious by their mannerisms.

“Good afternoon, Keiko-san. I apologize, but I can’t pay for... well, anything here. Ahaha...” (Ren)

The menu in front of me had numbers that I wouldn’t ever think of spending on something temporary such as food. However, her eyes looked a bit... confused.

“Can’t... afford? I’m sorry, but did you lose your credit card or something?” (Keiko)

“Ehhh, no. I just don’t have the funds to pay for... ahem, anything” (Ren)

Knowing I can’t afford something is acceptable, but having to say it twice is really, really embarrassing. It feels like I’m a failure.

...well, more of a failure than I already am, but still! My point stands.

“But I didn’t ask for your money, just for you to come here. I’ll pay for it, so it’s alright” (Keiko)

Like a concerned mother, she looked at me with small and gentle eyes as she ordered... the most expensive coffee. What the hell. That was 3500 yen, Damn it!

For that little bit of coffee? It better taste like gold or else I’ll have to get a refund for Keiko.

“Is there a problem?” (Keiko)

“No no, I’m just a bit worried about the price...” (Ren)

“As I said-“ (Keiko)

“I understand, I’ll drink it quickly” (Ren)

Seeing that I understood what she said, her smile being even brighter as she started talking about her day and in turn, asking me about mine.

The afternoon was fairly enjoyable, with the coffee tasting actually fairly good and I wanted to bring back some for Chika, but with my own money.

When I realized that she wouldn’t leave unless I left, I stood up to order some take-out coffee and took out my credit card. I’m pretty sure I saw some blood coming out of my eyes as I took it out to swipe it for the cashier.

It was a painful experience.

“Here you go sir, your coffee” (Cashier)

“Un, thanks lots” (Ren)

With the coffee in hand, I made a final stop at an ATM to give to Keiko as a sort of payback. I know she didn’t ask for it, but I can’t help but feel bad.

When I put in my pin code, the number was... thoroughly surprising.

[¥431,044.80]

‘...that 300,000 yen wasn’t there before...’

I noticed that’s my previous account of around 100,000 yen had grown considerably to a relatively massive 431,000 yen. I know that isn’t from my tutoring job, so there is only one way I got this...

“Fat man... woah, th-they paid up?!” (Ren)

I couldn’t believe it. The annoying Big boss actually gave me my money? Did Yuriko help me get this?

Before I could ask anymore unanswerable questions, I got a text message, seemingly from Chika.

[Totally Not Chika: Little bugger. Took me a while to find your credit numbers, why’d you change it suddenly? Jeez]

“Ahhh, not Chika. Got it” (Ren)

All of my questions were suddenly answered, but at the cost of my patience. I really wanted Chika to be the texter, but it’ll do.

With a smile on my face and a bank account larger than life, I rode the bus back home and once I arrived, Chika was in a really good mood as I bought her a gift.

She didn’t ask for the price since she thought I’d never spend too much on a stupid bottle of coffee. We cuddled the entire day and she was a bit surprised that I was suddenly able to keep up with her clingy-ness.

“Something good today, Renny?” (Chika)

“Ahaha, yes yes... a very, very good day today” (Ren)

“Ara ara I see~, how about making it a bit better?” (Chika)

As she said that she turned herself on top of me and started unbuttoning her pajamas and revealed her risqué underwear.

“Only a bit better? Funny joke, shall we head to the throne room?” (Ren)

“We shall. March, my mighty steed!” (Chika)

While riding on my back, we quickly trotted to the bedroom.

The rest of the day was... well, tiring.

 

———

a.n | hallo! Another chapter for you beautiful readers and I hope you are interested in this story so far! Thanks so much for reading and if you enjoy, do consider reviewing, commenting and liking this novel! It really helps!

25