Teacher Ren
183 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emi POV)

Knock knock!

My captain pounded on the door to my office and leaned on the doorway with his arm above his head. He may look like a creepy boss, but he really is a nice guy.

Plus, his wife would kill him should he attempt to flirt with me.

I’ve been working here for only about 3-5 years, but I’ve known the captain since I was a tiny little girl. My father was a police officer who died from going in too deep in his job. Even now, his portrait is still hanging in the entrance hallway.

“Emi... are you sure this is fine? Can you handle it?” (Captain)

Since he is my captain and I am one of his star detectives, he is naturally concerned about my well-being.

Without me, these cases would go quite cold since I’ve been searching for these bastards for years; even before I became a detective.

I’m one of the most motivated detectives. I won’t ever hand that title over to anyone else.

“I’m fine. What are you t-talking about?” (Emi)

“Emi, is that... carpet over there... where you slept?” (Captain)

Turning my head to the corner of my office, I looked at the carpet wrapped up. Right beside it was some some opened snacks and energy drinks.

“Yeah? Is something wrong?” (Emi)

“.....it’s 1:00 a.m, you need to actually sleep, lest you make a mistake and let them get away” (Captain)

I turned my attention to the windows right behind me and noticed that the light being illuminated wasn’t from the sun, but actually from the street lamps.

“Huh, that’s neat” (Emi)

“Sleep, now. You are taking a day off tomorrow” (Captain)

Thinking about it now, I guess I did get too hung up in this case. I was a tad bit emotional and honestly, it wasn’t the best.

So, I packed up, threw all of the trash and let my Captain drive me home. There, I instantly collapsed and fell asleep.

...BEEEP-BEEEP! BEEEP-BEEEEP!

At exactly 6:00 a.m was the time my body was conditioned to wake up due to the nature of my work. Though I got only 5 hours of sleep, it was enough.

After all, I did take a short nap in the carpet, bringing the total number up to 6 hours of sleep.

To wake myself up even more, I decided on going for a session at the gym. Taking the bus was the most convenient for me as I had the money for it, and I wasn’t in the mood to walk about 15 minutes.

Unfortunately however, it was packed to the brim. It felt like I was back on the train or something. Behind me was a very... ahem, aesthetically pleasing man of about my age.

Most men are quite intimidated by my relatively tall height, but he seemed to be even taller than me. Looking at his clothes, it’s quite easy to tell I’d like what was under.

What sealed the deal was when he noticed I was there and held onto the railings with both hands. At that point, he seemed like a genuinely nice person I’d like to be friends with.

And after maybe a few months of talking, he’d ask me out and then another year later he’d- stop!

I can’t daydream about losing my virginity. And also... it seems like I’ve got a secret admirer.

The man behind me was definitely not the perfect; both hands never left the railing. So it must be a guy nearby...

At that moment, I heard the tiny pathetic whimper of a man from my right ear. Turning my attention to him, I noticed that the good looking man was holding him by the wrist.

He whispered something into the fat man’s ears and let the molester go. Totally focused on him, it seemed as though I’ve found a saint.

With that, one could imagine my excitement when he got off at the exact same stop as mine, wearing workout clothes.

“H-hey! Wait up!” (Emi)

And with that, it was truly a friendship gained.

As we entered into the gym, I could tell that there were quite a few people staring at him; men and women alike. It isn’t far off to say that a slim yet muscular good looking man is rare in a gym made for bodybuilding.

“What a nice place” (Ren)

“It is! Now, mind spotting me?” (Emi)

Before he could answer, I yanked him towards the barbell squats and started doing my reps. For some reason though, it felt like the air around me was quite rough and filled with... malice.

I’ve never felt something like that before. Hopefully it was just the wind.

When I lowered my legs down into a pseudo-sitting position, I felt sabotage in the air. My leg felt a sharp pain and I let out a cry of pity as I collapsed onto the floor.

Luckily, the bar managed to hit the metal sides of the barbell squats set-up and it barely missed my neck, though hitting my leg.

The other reason I didn’t get seriously injured as well was because of the man behind me. The man that I call Tsuchiya was able to catch me in a way that protected my neck while also directing the barbell to hit a soft and squishy part of my thighs.

It definitely hurt a bruise was imminent, but considering the weight of that thing, it might have been worse had it hit my shins.

(Ren POV)

I was dumbfounded. The woman in front of me called Emi fell down. It wasn’t by any fault of her own nor was it my fault. Though, that didn’t matter.

Quickly reacting to the situation unfolding before my eyes, I caught her just in the nick of time, redirecting the barbell to hit a safe part and holding her neck up afterwards.

Too shocked to comprehend what just happened, I took that part out of her day and looked around for anyone suspicious. Unfortunately, there was no one.

Strange. But the smell of shampoo smelt familiar... oh well, I’m sure that it’s probably just a popular brand amongst women nowadays. Huh. So that means it was probably a woman?

But what kind of woman would trip a random person?... she isn’t here, is she?

I anxiously looked around the gym for any sign of Yuriko, but in fact, she wasn’t. Whatever, Emi is safe and she probably has some grudges with that person.

I know for a fact that women do love holding onto some grudges.

With that, Emi was naturally a bit nervous when working out again, so she called it quits and left, but not before getting my phone number. After all, it’s an important part of making new friends right?

The next day, Emi sadly wasn’t here. Whether it was due to work, sickness or just plain paranoia that made her move to a different gym, she wasn’t showing up anytime when I’m around.

Perhaps I’m an unlucky charm now. She was first molested, and then tripped. As a woman, I would be pretty wary of being around a bad luck charm like me.

I did my usual workout routine of mostly cardio based, but I also started trying to lift heavier weights than before.

In the next 6 days, I noticed some changes in my arms. For example, it was much harder than before. Chika even noted this while holding onto me in bed.

They were also a bit more toned and they grew a bit. My shoulders got a teeny-weeny bit wider and it accentuated my already V-shaped body. Truly, I knew I was a cheat code for the male human.

The next week passed by without a hitch. I just regularly worked out, got fit, worked out some more and it got to a point where I could go without my day without a workout.

My schedule seemed to be adapted so quickly, that working out wasn’t an option, it was the only damn choice. And so, I took advantage of that.

It felt as though I was used to this kind of schedule from before. I mean, that would explain why I’m so used to it.

Now, I was sitting on a couch with Chika by my side, reading some news articles on her phone as the air-conditioner blasted us with cold air throughout the rest of summer.

My abs more defined than ever, I felt more confident and I definitely had much stronger facial features than before. Chika seemed to be more... lascivious than before.

At that moment, while just chilling out on the couch, a notification came through my phone, warning me of a mail that someone just dropped off.

I quickly went downstairs to pick it up and when I opened it up, it was kind of whats I expected. It was a printed out resignation letter for my tenure at Yoshida Girls’ High School, where all I had to do was sign the dotted line and everything is fine.

Without any giant numbers, I read through the entire thing and it seemed fairly normal. Thus, I signed it.

With that, I officially ended my career as a real teacher, and now became... a bodyguard.

 

———

a.n | sap doodles, another chapter. Thanks for reading so far and do support me yada yada Webnovel link down below yada yada

https://www.webnovel.com/book/my-teacher-is-secretly-an-assassin-!_20057521305949505

5