Lifelong Commitment
526 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day I sent the resignation latter to the school board at Yoshida Girls’ High School, I almost instantly got a reply from them from my email.

Even an idiot would be able to tell that they didn’t want me to go. After all, all 3 of my classes that I manage in the mathematics subjects had the highest enjoyment rates according to a survey they did.

Add onto that with the fact that I was able to improve my student’s grades by multiple points in a couple of weeks, then they really had a problem with me moving to Tokyo Prestige International School.

Besides the emails, I also got basically spammed by some of my colleagues on my sudden departure. A lot of them worked with me at Yoshida Girls’ High School.

[Yani_Iza: dude, wtf? You left?]

[YamaMi: I heard that as well. Why’d you leave us Tsuchiya-sensei~?]

[SanoAkiko: Tsuchiya-san’s leaving?]

The teacher’s group chat was flooded with questions, pings and a bombardment of direct messages plagued my phone. Every five minutes or so, an annoying sound would come from my phone.

So, I decided to clear everything up.

[tsuch.ren: yeah. The board at Tokyo Prestige gave some nice benefits. I can’t say them though since it was a specialized contract]

[Yani_Iza: daaaaang. Then, shall we have one last dinner together?]

Yani Iza, or Yani Izanagi was my college classmate. We were also roommates who regularly hung out and he is pretty close with Chika as well.

[tsuch.ren: ehhh, why not. I’m still going in on the first day so I can announce to the other teachers and students]

I set my phone aside and looked up to the ceiling in boredom. I was basically done with my body training and I was nearing a peak of perfect physical fitness that is still sustainable.

It was the most fit I’ve ever been. Even as I lazed about the entire day away and ate Chika’s food like I was a freeloader, I still had an amazing figure and felt fairly energetic the entire day.

Though it wasn’t the best look for me, it was definitely the most comfortable one. Since I had all of this free time and Chika wasn’t in the mood to do anything, I just walked around the city and started window shopping.

This was mainly to start searching for new clothes for Chika, as well as some food to feed the woman.

And thus, another week passed, just like that. It felt so natural to laze around, buy some clothes and food and just lie down on the couch. Chika also didn’t question it as this was the last week of summer for the kids.

As we were watching some random TV show, I suddenly remembered that I forgot to tell her one of the most important things; I forgot to tell her about my school transfer.

“By the way, I moved schools” (Ren)

“Oh? I hope it wasn’t too important since you are just telling me now~” (Chika)

Her anger was reasonable. I was so focused on getting fit in the first week and so lazy in the second week that I forgot to tell her about anything. However...

“Well, it isn’t too important. The school is even closer than before and they offered the job to me first” (Ren)

“Then that’s nice... is that why you’ve been buying some clothes?” (Chika)

Looking at her confused face, it hurt my heart a little. If buying some fairly normal priced clothing was enough for her to ask questions, how the hell as she bared with me?

It’s saddening that we have been living like... well, peasants, before all of this madness.

“Actually, yeah. They gave me a massive loyalty bonus so I stay for at least 6 months” (Ren)

In truth, I had no idea how long Viola wanted me to guard Bella. It’s possible that it could be done in a month, maybe a year. I’m in too small of a position to find out.

Again, this is such an unsavory position to be in.

“Haah? And how drunk were they when they proposed this loyalty deal?” Chika)

“No comment~” (Ren)

In response to her snarky remark, I decided to pick her up like a child and carried her all the way to the bed. At this point, it was still 1:00 p.m and she seemed to want to follow my lead.

“W-why so sudden...?” (Chika)

“Why? Are you not fine with it?” (Ren)

“I mean, no but... ughhh” (Chika)

Annoying her with my cheeky chuckle, I silenced her with my lips before I heard her complain. After all, she didn’t not allow me, so it’s fine.

That afternoon quickly turned into night...

...

...

...

“Pheeeewww... Chika?” (Ren)

“.....” (Chika)

Looking over to my side, I saw Chika sleeping relatively peaceful with a smile on her face. I caressed her cheek lovingly and looked out the window, noticing the rain.

It felt very calming.

Knock knock!

Though, the knocking on the door was very unsettled when combined with the roaring raindrops.

I stood up and slowly walked to the door. I didn’t know what overcame me, but I felt the need to grab some sort of weapon; this made me instantly go and reach for one of the kitchen knives.

The knife in my hand was shaking and trembling, forcing me to hold it with my second hand. Something in my body, my brain was telling me to be careful around that entrance door.

With my knife in my hands, I looked up at the clock and noticed that it was still 8:00 p.m, which means that this visitor has the decency to come in during a time when I’m awake.

I slowly inched my way closer with tiny steps, trying to not make a noise. Once I reached the door, I took a peak though the peephole and there was a woman.

She had a clean, fully-black suit, black sunglasses and tidy hair. She looked like someone who would fire an employee for going one minute over their lunchtime.

Bi-Bing!

‘A coincidence...’

It was either an uncanny coincidence or a purposeful message.

[0404: Let the woman in]

Not a coincidence. It was sent from an unknown number that immediately deleted itself quickly after that one short message.

Knock... knock... knock...

Short, quick knocks were heard from the other side of the door, caused by the secret agent looking woman. Despite me still hesitating to open that door, she waited patiently, not even checking her watch.

It seems that she knows I’ll open the door anyways. She knows that I, as always, have no choice in the matter.

“Haaahhh.....” (Ren)

A heavy sigh leaked out from my mouth as I unlocked the door to my apartment. Along with the shopping spree, I also bought and extra lock. However, it seems that I’ll still have to open it up myself.

Black sun glasses that reflected my face greeted me, before she forced herself inside my house. Without a single word spoken, she immediately sat at my couch and motioned for me to do the same.

“So... who exactly are you?” (Ren)

“Well, H#2129, I’m yours. I will devote my everything to you, no matter the cost; be it my life, my virginity, or perhaps another’s life, or virginity” (???)

From the way she addressed me, it seemed that either her or someone above her has given me a “number”. I immediately want to point my finger at Big boss.

He is the most likely person to do this... but why? Well, could this be him admitting that he is planning on watching me more closely? Hopefully this is just him being honest... well, in his own way at least.

Anyways, what the hell is up with her allowed requests? Her life? Virginity? Does Big boss think this may tempt me or is he joking around?

“Right... do you mind telling what’s your purpose of being here, then?” (Ren)

“Ahh, yes. I’m here to tell you, H#2129, that I’m yours. I will devote my-“ (???)

“That wasn’t my question and you know it. Why are you visiting me in person? Get to the point” (Ren)

Due to her insistence to be a pain in my behind, I adjusted by fairly stiff posture to show some more confidence. I leaned forwards and rested my elbows on my knees, making an upside down steeple with my fingers.

This wasn’t entirely for show, as it just felt comfortable, but my palms were still sweating despite the “confident” posture.

“I understand then. H#2129, you may call me... well, whatever you want. I’m here for all of your needs. I’ll be living right next to you, and I’ll be your, “link” shall I say” (???)

“My link? To... to Big boss?” (Ren)

For the first time, she held a look of confusion under those intimidating sunglasses, but it wasn’t long before her straight face returned.

“Oh, yeah. I’m working with him. Would you like to give me a name?” (???)

“A name? Then I guess I’ll call you... Jen?” (Ren)

That’s absolutely fine. Thank you for the name. You may find me at the room right beside you” (Jen)

With that, I extended my hand towards Jen and shook her hand firmly. It was very awkward since I knew that she felt my sweetness.

Regardless of the slippery-ness, she shook it with an equal amount of firmness and held her eye contact.

“I look forward to working with you for the rest of your life, H#2129” (Jen)

“Yeah uhhh, same here” (Ren)

 

———

a.n | thanks for reading this far! I hope you all have a great day today and that tomorrow will be even better! Do consider reviewing, commenting and liking this novel, cheers! 

4