Replacement
336 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Keiko 3rd POV)

As Keiko Miyamura sat at her computer monitor to review some footage used for her job, she stealthily sneaked her fingers down her loose-fitting pants and started rubbing a ‘particular area’ down there.

She moaned cutely as she kept on watching the footage for ‘review’. In reality, it was not needed. All videos are to be sent back to her employer, but she can’t help herself.

An intoxicated expression surfaced on her face as she continued to rub it in a circular motion through her underwear.

Knock knock!

Just as she was speeding up and about to climax, a knock at her door interrupted her. At first she was annoyed and considered ignoring it, but just thinking that it could be Ren made her go against that.

‘I need to talk to him. Yes. This is to gather information, not for personal gain’

Calming herself down, she trotted happily over to the door like a horse on it’s way to some feed. She quickly unlocked the door, but just in case, held her free, left hand on a hidden gun stored on her wall.

The door opened up to reveal a woman in black sunglasses, a black suit and a pen by her breast pocket. Keiko immediately knew that the pen was a camera.

It was currently recording and broadcasting all of the information it receives to a separate place, possibly in a totally different city.

“You are?” (Keiko)

Keiko’s tone held immense hostility that would be enough to make anyone jump and shiver. However, this Woman in Black was unfazed, still staring at her with those reflective sunglasses.

“Dispatch; and coincidentally, your replacement” (???)

“And I’m being replaced for what reason?” (Keiko)

“You are simply unneeded. This wasn’t of your negligence to your job. You just aren’t qualified to continue” (???)

With squinted eyes, Keiko heaved a sigh from a tiny gap in her mouth and rubbed her forehead in a stress-relieving manner.

Indeed, Keiko understood that she hasn’t worked for her “corporation” for more than 3 years and she was a newbie through and through. However, she had one advantage.

She knew how her target, Tsuchiya Ren, acted and his regular habits. Throughout his college stay, she was there. However, by no means was she in love nor was she obsessed over him, it started out as just a hobby.

But constantly seeing someone, that… does things to a person. To how they feel.

“I simply do not understand this decision” (Keiko)

“You don’t need to understand anything. All you need to do, is to follow your orders” (???)

She was very confused and really annoyed with this kind of reasoning. She was much more experienced with him, and he was even here neighbor for years by now. She has seen Chika walk even.

“So… what the hell happens to me?” (Keiko)

“You will return back to Room 084. Once you return, your reward will be given. Thank you for you assistance up until this point, but I, Jen, will take over” (Jen)

A cold, mechanical answer was immediately said by Jen. Without hesitation, emotion or any sort of malice towards Keiko, she just said what the procedure was. It wasn’t demeaning nor was it condescending.

‘A very straight woman’

That was what Keiko thought of this Jen person. She was a very straight-faced, no nonsense person.

“How long until I have to leave?” (Keiko)

No matter if Keiko was feeling that this was unfair, unjust or whatever sort of injustice, she couldn’t do anything about it unless she wants the ire of management.

She is totally fine with being separated with Ren. Again, she isn’t obsessed with him or anything, she just prefers watching his life through a lens. He is really, really interesting for a natural born paparazzi like Keiko.

“Effective immediately. No goodbyes, no greetings. You are to leave this instant” (Jen)

“…understood. I’ll pack up some of my belongings” (Keiko)

Finally fully accepting of her situation and ranking right now, she went back to her room and immediately started copying some of the videos on a hard drive.

“Come on… come on…” (Keiko)

Keiko whispered quietly as the videos were slowly downloading. Her anxiousness was replaced by fear and then annoyance. The hard drive was fairly slow in downloading the videos.

However, only about 5 of the hundreds of tapes were able to be downloaded before Keiko felt like it would be too suspicious if she continued on with this.

With Keiko was bag filled with some clothes, the hard drive and later when she left the bedroom to visit the kitchen, she got some canned food.

With that out of the way, she looked at Jen one last time as if asking if she was really leaving. The puppy eyes, though usually effective, weren’t working on the cold blooded Jen.

Seeing that it wasn’t working at all, Keiko wryly smiled and just walked out of the door one last time before turning around and looking at Jen who was still sitting still on the couch.

“Then, good luck Jen” (Keiko)

“I have no need for luck” (Jen)

“Then, bad luck Jen” (Keiko)

After that little “friendly” banter, Keiko left, never to be seen again. At least, for a long time.

(Ren POV)

The next morning was the first day of orientation for the kids. Since it was orientation, nobody was required to be too early and even being late was accepted.

However, this was my time to announce me leaving the school to the kids and to the other teachers.

I woke up fairly early the next day and immediately took a shower. The hot water against my cool body was very shocking, but it easily woke me up.

With a cup of wake-up-coffee in my hands, a tied up bathrobe and a slowly but surely growing five o’ clock shadow, I felt like a middle aged man already.

Perhaps I really am becoming an old man after being around Big boss for a while.

“Hmm? Don’t you have classes today?” (Chika)

“Oh yeah. I already got my work clothes ready. You can just rest yourself, Chika” (Ren)

“Mhmm…” (Chika)

Chika, still lying in bed looked up at me with closed eyes and smiled slightly before groaning and sleeping again. Is it “that” time of the month? She usually wants to sleep the entire time so it’s likely.

I left the sleeping beauty to be alone and walked all the way to work. On the way, many many students greeted me and were even enthusiastic to see me.

On the way there, I was forced to walk alongside two of the more popular girls in Yoshida Girls’ High School. They each were drop dead gorgeous for a teenage boy with hormones raging through his body.

When both spoke, they held an aura of playfulness, yet they were mostly distant to a lot of people. Well, if some boys saw how they spoke to me, they would have hemorrhaging brain or something.

“Oh! It’s Tsuchiya-sensei! How was your summer?” (Student A)

“It was fine, thanks for asking” (Ren)

“Wooow, you look much thinner than before~. Did you workout a bunch?” (Student B)

“Ehhh not too much. Go on ahead to school now before you girls get punished” (Ren)

“”Eehhhhh””

Though they know they won’t actually get punished, they still listened to me. Why? Well, I’m still respected by most of the staff and students, if not by all of them.

There was also a subtle way that changed when walking to school, but it seemed as though it got easier. Walking there didn’t make me as sweaty and I felt fairly normal.

No matter how much easier it is to get to school, it won’t beat out a car…

Passing by me were swaths of expensive luxury sedans, coupes and even some sports cars. These were, of course, all students arriving to Yoshida Girls’ High School and it’s sister schools.

These cars were a status symbol in the school; and standing out with these cars meant you were “cooler” or “more popular”.

Bi-Bing!

My pocket suddenly vibrated from my phone receiving a message. Hopefully this wasn’t some sort of threat or prank by Big boss or Yanyan…

[Hana T.: To my office. Now. You will explain yourself to me Tsuchiya-san]

Hana T., her full name being Hana Takamura. She is the current principal of Yoshida Girls’ High School and also my mentor when I was training to find a relatively high-paying job for a teacher.

She eventually decided to hire me and took care me. She must feel betrayed right now. All I can say in my heart is sorry, and in person?

I guess I could give a good excuse, because this woman has the authority to ruin a reputation. Mine is no different. She is more of a CEO than a principal of a school.

A scary woman surely.

 

———

a.n | thanks for all of the support I have received and I hope y’all have a great day! Do enjoy yourself.

5