19. CALEB CODRIN: Someday
642 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It could have been wonderful. It could have been perfect, even. If the circumstances are different in terms of my awareness and willingness, it could have been a good life. But I was a child. I knew next to nothing of what I was going to go through. I guess I only learned after that day. After I was displayed and sold to the highest bidder. I didn't even see their faces. They wore masks. I used to wonder who they are. But now I no longer care. I just hope they suffer. I hope they will live a miserable life.

 

There were other boys and girls in the room. If I'm not mistaken it was called the 'Red Room'. One that stood out was a boy who looks like doll. Beautiful doll-like blue eyes, pale white skin, and shiny dark hair. He was void of emotions. He stood motionlessly. If he didn't blink, I could have easily believed he's a child mannequin. I still remember. The first time I was auctioned. Among the crowds, I saw her and I immediately recognized her. She had a smile on her face when she looked down on me. I knew she tried to pretend that she didn't know me. But through her smile, I knew she was my mother. I remember how I begged her with my eyes to help me. My mouth was gagged so all that came out of it was gibberish.

 

I remember being confused. I remember looking over at my mother, begging her to help me through the looks in my eyes. But she only flashed me a knowing smile and pretended she didn't notice.

 

That day, I bled. I was taken by three men at the same time. I remember the pain. I remember letting myself get accustomed to it. I remember letting myself believe that I 'wanted' it. It helped to relieve the pain for a bit. It helped to soothe my ego for a bit. And eventually, ironically, only sex helped me to feel normal at times. Meanwhile, at other times, I'm fucked up, angry, sad, and frustrated. I blamed everything, everyone, even God.

 

But somehow, deep inside me, there's still that tiny hope, so tiny it could easily be mistaken as a joke, that someday, I will be saved. Someday, I'll be okay. Someday, I'll be able to smile again and mean it. Someday.

2