Chapter 6
377 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Argen looked at his target and let an arrow fly, this time it landed perfectly fine without breaking anything, making him smile at this small display of control he'd been able to get over this weird power over the bow.

"Nice seems you won't break all our targets today," Lee said jokingly as Argen set the bow down and stretched before walking away to his next activity for the day.

"I... didn't want to do this... Lee forced me..." He said to a smirking Clarisse who was standing in front of him in the arena for wrestling, before he could even move he was already pinned and twisted like a pretzel, feeling his spine nearly give out from the much bigger girl.

"Don't get cocky just for that little win in the forest punk" She whispered and spat on the floor next to him as he saw Luke come in with the Hermes cabin. "Sword practice?... Can I join..." Argen asked Luke who just nodded as they set a cooler down and then started some drills.

It took only 5 seconds to realize that swordsmanship wasn't his thing, one swing and he accidentally stabbed Travis in the foot... this would have been good if not for the fact they were simply unsheathing swords right now...

Kicked out of the practice and lonely Argen lay on the beach and looked at the sky as someone came up. "Hey," Megan said sitting down next to him, she didn't practice with the sword anyway, she was actually studying magic, the main power of the 3 children of Hecate that had been claimed.

Argen had ignored it mostly before because of the hastiness of his claim, but the gods were really lax on showing affection to their children, even more so than normal parents that he'd seen neglect children, but at least they tried to make up for it. The gods simply watched and let things happen without caring if their children were hurt or what they were doing at all, something that Argen didn't feel so great about.

"Hey... long day?" He asked as the sun started to set and Megan just nodded lying next to him as well, she didn't care about things like friends even though Argen was trying his hardest to do it. Seeing this she just decided to hang out with him instead of ignoring him like she did others that tried to become her friend or other things.

As a 13-year-old she only had 5 more years of camp left before going out into the real world, something she couldn't wait for after being stuck in camp since 9 years old, and only getting claimed around 2 months ago. At the start of winter, which is actually the same time Argen's dad's trial had finished, freeing him.

"How do you like camp so far..." Megan decided to try and break the awkwardness that Argen was emitting by looking right at her as she started in the sky. Ignoring the Ravens that seemed to be looking down on him interestedly... in the next second, they were gone... as if Vanishing into thin air.

"It's good... Not really what I expected from a camp of demigods... But good... Hey, do you ever look up at the sky?... Feeling that maybe your mom is watching?" Argen suddenly asks looking toward the rising moon as the sun starts to set.

Megan watched the sky as well before shaking her head, "No... I don't think she'd be watching... out of all her kids she must have... there's no way..." It went silent after her words until they both decided to call it a day and leave the beach back to the actual camp.

For the next week without Argen worrying about the prophecy he started to get used to camp and fighting as well, he didn't immediately die on the rock wall, nor did he give up on ancient greek which he studied with Annabeth, and surprisingly, Megan. She had come up and asked to help teach him, something he had agreed on.

He'd even gotten in trouble this week, mostly because of Sam. Sam had brought him to the showers, little did he know that it was actually the girl's showers that Sam had brought him to. He had had a hard time apologizing on his knees to an angry Silena Bearuguard and other girls who didn't believe him at first that he was tricked.

Luckily they found Sam trying to hide on the roof while he was chuckling at his misfortune. All in All a nice normal week at Camp. That is until Chiron called him to the Big House today and told him he needed to go on a quest...

"Now I'm not entirely sure about the locations but your best bet is the sea of monsters, you can't find it-" Before Chiron could finish Argen shook his head.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about... and if you mean the prophecy then no... it doesn't feel right for this... Sea of Monsters sir... It doesn't feel like it..." Argen looked at the map as his eyes glowed a subtle silver and illuminated it.

Seeing the lines and then a large circle around a place he didn't recognize he pointed on the map surprising Chiron.

"In Greece?... That's quite a far journey for a simple quest of finding something... And it would be very dangerous... Argen are there more lines that specify the prophecy?" Chiron asked looking at Greece which Argen was pointing to. He didn't see the silver lines nor did he notice the glint of silver in his eye.

Argen denied it as the silver light disappeared from the map. 'What was that... I need to find out what these things that keep happening to me mean...' He thought to himself as he finally realized what was going on.

"You want me to go on a quest?..." Argen asked in confusion. He hadn't connected what Chiron had been trying to get him ready for in these few minutes, but now that he had he was confused.

From what Annabeth had said, there hadn't been a quest issued since Luke had been scratched by some dragon. It didn't make sense for Chiron to suddenly issue him a quest... Did it?

"I... believe this is necessary... A prophecy shouldn't be ignored after being issued... I hope you understand, besides finding something won't be too difficult... I'm more worried about this person that darkens the world..." Chiron said to Argen who nodded and lowered his head.

"So... What now?" Argen asked before Chiron chuckled. "Don't worry, you should have a week or so in Camp... have fun... and I believe that the other members need to be a fellow Apollo child and also... a child of Hecate, make your picks... and try to keep it from Annabeth... she won't appreciate being left out"

Argen nodded and went to start his last couple of weeks of camp before he inevitably went on his quest... These last few weeks would be crucial for him to train and get his quest mates, some of which Chiron was already looking into...

9