Chapter 9
295 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stalking isn't right you know?" Argen said teasing Annabeth a little as she came out from the big house as she usually did. The kid who had fought the Minotaur and also now the most famous kid in camp was still sleeping after the fiasco.

"I'm not talking... I'm telling you he's the one" Annabeth said, sure that Percy Jackson was the one she was waiting for, with talk of Zeus's lightning bolt missing and also the eery atmosphere that was around camp nowadays, she was sure they would go on a quest together soon.

"So he's awake right?" Argen asked glancing toward the open door of the Big house before shaking his head and walking back with Annabeth.

"Yes he's awake... he'll probably have to talk with Mr. D and Chiron... then I can talk to him... you know he drools when he sleeps?... Kind of like you" Annabeth said rambling on as Argen regretted starting this conversation.

"And then maybe we will be regarded as heroes and maybe I'll be able to build something better-" Argen put a hand over Annabeth's mouth as they walked into the pavilion. Annoyed by her rambling he couldn't listen to her repeat her dreams as well...

"You have a good time... maybe if you hang around the Hermes cabin you can give your new crush a tour... just please stop talking... you walking with me is torture enough," Argen said jokingly as he walked away from the steaming Annabeth.

"Luke?" Argen said as he walked into the arena seeing the Son Of Hermes standing there with sweat dripping from his chin as he swung his sword.

Luke looked over and stopped midswing as he walked over to Argen. "Hey, I was actually looking for someone's ass to kick," Luke said jokingly as Argen sighed.

Like most Apollo kids, he wasn't really good with a sword, though he didn't even need it anyway. There was a weapon that he wanted to try though, and that was the reason he was here.

"I want to learn how to fight with a knife..." Argen said surprising Luke. Argen knew that if he lost his bow Hand to Hand combat wouldn't be enough to fight off monsters or anything else they encountered during their quest.

So, he thought if he couldn't use the sword very well he might as well try a dagger or small knife. Though a long dagger seemed like a better weapon to him.

"Hmm... A knife huh?... You never miss though... Why use a different weapon?" Luke asked pretending to not know why.

He'd already talked with his master about things concerning several people at camp, he hadn't gotten a chance to talk about Argen or Percy yet, who were newer to camp.

After explaining why Argen was led by Luke to the middle of the Arena on the opposite side of Luke with a dagger in his hand.

"Ok... The best way to learn fast is to actually fight... Fight to kill me, I'll do the same" Luke said as he lunged forward toward the surprised Argen who dodged to the right, only getting his cheek grazed by Lukes's dagger.

"Hey isn't this a little fast!-" Argen yelled out as he had to dodge another swing only for his throat to be cut causing him to fall to the ground holding it.

"Ok... That's enough" Luke said as he gave Argen some Ambrosia and Nectar quickly healing him.

"We aren't done though, take a small break, maybe swing it around... Learn what stance is best for you..." Luke said as he walked to the side and drank from a water cup.

"Your scar..." Argen said as he stood up holding his throat even though it had healed. "You got that in a quest... Are you angry at me since I'm going on one?" Argen asked the surprised Luke.

Luke narrowed his eyes in anger and put his water cup down. "Be quiet... If you're ready then we can continue" Luke said quickly running at Argen who, for the first time smirked confidently as he kicked his leg out, causing the blood that had dropped to fling into Lukes's eyes, blinding him for a second.

Argen then, with a backhand grip, jumped forward swinging the dagger down on Lukes's chest.

He'd purposefully gotten Luke angry to make him less dangerous. For a split second, he'd become the hunter...

Unfortunately, Luke was an experienced camper and was able to dodge the knife swing before elbowing Argen in the jaw, knocking him unconscious.

'Damn... That was a gold move... Though it wouldn't work twice..." Luke thought to himself as he splashed some water on Argen, making the boy jump up in shock.

"That's cold!" He yelled as he shivered and looked over at Luke with a sigh. "Can we train again tomorrow?" He asked to which Luke nodded as he went back to his sword exercises...

...

"Last day and we have to play Capture the Flag?... Thanks, Percy..." Argen said sighing as he had armor strapped on wrong looking over at the boy who was new in Hermes Cabin.

"What do you mean!? It's not my fault" Percy said as he too was wearing wrongly strapped-on armor while holding a sword definitely too big and too heavy for him.

"He's just scared because he leaves tomorrow," Megan said slapping the back of Argen's head, who didn't react as they ran into the woods, without Percy who was going to guard the flag.

"If I know Clarisse... and trust me I do... she will definitely try and get revenge with her spear after that bathroom incident..." Argen said to Megan who was etching a drawing into bark using magic.

She had been training as well over these times and thought it would be good to have some magic in her arsenal. She'd already gotten semi-harmful magic down... though it wasn't too difficult to think of wanting to hurt someone for her to cast the spell.

"Is that our problem?... he'll be fine... Annabeth always has a plan right?... that's what you always say anyway, you sure you don't like her?" Megan asked teasingly glancing over at Argen who looked at her in shock, and covered his face as it turned slightly rosey.

"No, I don't she's just a good person and one of my friends... Besides, she's in love with Luke" Argen said turning away in order to not get confronted by Megan, something she was very good at doing and making him talk.

A few minutes later after standing around and occasionally beating a few ares cabin members, Argen and Megan saw Luke running back to their side as fast as he could while holding the flag.

"Nice Luke!" Argen yelled as he and Megan ran fighting off the pursuers after Luke and ensuring their victory. Just as they crashed through the bushes into their side, Argen caught the sight of Percy finishing off the Ares kids.

'Woah... he's way better than me...' Argen thought as they won the game and finally started to relax. "Grrrr!" Everyone's blood ran cold as they heard that soft growl.

The atmosphere was instantly eery and everyone was frozen as a hellhound came out of the bushes, lowly growling as it had its eyes set on Percy.

"Move Percy!" Chiron yelled as he slammed a sword against the hellhound killing it and causing it to crumble to dust just like all other monsters did. Surprisingly, people didn't look scared, instead, they looked shocked.

It only took a single glance to know why... especially since everyone knew that the big three weren't supposed to have children... Above Percy's head was a blue spinning symbol of a trident with three prongs.

"All hail... The Son Of Poseidon..." Chiron said loud enough for people to hear...

...

"Well... wish me luck I guess... Thanks for teaching me" Argen said thankful that Annabeth had tried to help him to the best of her ability. Annabeth, still not totally done with her "Fantasy" of going on a quest, nodded and patted his shoulder before leaving as Lee and Megan were stood at the top of the hill, waiting for him along with the hundred-eyed giant, or Argus.

"Tell Percy not to worry about it!" Argen finished as he reached the top of the hill and looked at the three people.

"Thanks for giving us a ride to the airport Argus... it was nice knowing you..." Argen said bowing his head as Lee and Megan looked at him in shock. "Stop jinxing us! We could really die if you believe we will!" Megan yelled slapping the back of his head as Argen sighed and nodded hopping into the back of the van with nothing but a small backpack and his bow, concealed by mist hopefully if the trick Chiron had taught him worked.

Using the mist to hide things was actually easier than he had originally thought, and would also help them not have to worry about mortals in their way. With a full quiver of Celestial Bronze tipped arrows, Argen and the crew made their way to the airport with a goodbye from Chiron and a warning to be careful.

"What should we expect..." Lee asked looking back at Megan and Argen, who were looking at a map of Greece so he could know the location to go to.

"Expect everything... Where are we headed Argen?" Megan said as Argus drove into the parking lot of the airport.

"I don't know... I can't really focus right now... I'll try again later" Argen said as they got out of the car and got their tickets ready going through security. Using the trick of the most trick that he learned from Chiron Argen got in without a problem and they made it into the plane to the closest location to Greece they could find.

It only took a few hours to realize something was wrong, the constant rumbling outside and the occasional glances they received from the lady upfront was enough for Argen to realize she was a monster. Though the rumbling outside was for a different reason... a reason revealed a few seconds later as the entire front of the plane was struck and vaporized by lightning, causing the part they were on to quickly fall down.

"What the hell?!" Megan yelled as she snapped awake and saw Argen hanging onto a seat belt while holding an unconscious Lee. "I can't hold!-" Argen yelled as his hand slipped and Megan jumped out of her seat after taking off the seat belt, grabbing his hand as they fell through the hole straight down toward the ocean below...

8