Chapter 10
271 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh... that hurt..." Argen said as he leaned over and looked up to see his friends washed up on the shore. Megan was sat up with her nose bleeding as she coughed sharply, alarming Argen as he rushed over.

"You ok?" He asked as he supported her ignoring Lee who was asleep like a baby after slamming into the top of the airplane roof. 'Why did that happen... could it be Zeus did it?... no... why would he want to mess up our quest?' Argen quickly shook any thoughts of foul play and assumed it was a coincidence.

"I'm fine... I used my magic to its limit making sure we didn't die from the impact of the water... I took more damage than the two of you... though you may have small injuries..." Megan said wincing as she looking down at her bruised side that had her shirt ripped up.

"All our stuff is gone... only my bow and knife and your knife are left..." Argen said as his heart started to pound. He had known this quest would go badly, hell he'd felt it for the last month and a half... why had he even gone on this quest?

No... he knew why... he hoped his mother would be shown to him here... and maybe she might claim him instead of Apollo, who he was sure couldn't be his father.

"It's fine... first we need to find shelter before anything else... help me stand up and we'll take lee farther up the shore..." Megan said wincing as she stood up with the help of Argen.

"Stop moving... 5 ribs are broken... and your leg was snapped completely..." Lee said as he sat up groggily holding his head. Argen widened his eyes hearing the extent of Megan's damage. She'd basically sacrificed herself to protect them, how could he not be worried?

"She'll be fine though right?... you are a healer,r" Argen said almost desperately as Lee nodded and stood up helping Megan by putting her arm over his shoulder and walking farther up the shore away from the ocean and closer to flat ground.

"I have no Ambrosia or Nectar..." Lee said sighing as Argen was sat looking at Megan with worry. Hearing his sentence however Argen quickly stood up, "You're kidding right!? we have to find some way to heal her, the rib can pierce her lung!" Argen yelled angrily at lee, who he thought wasn't trying hard enough to heal one of his friends.

"How would you know? You aren't even a real child of Apollo according to the prophecy" Lee said as he felt Megan's side to get a better analysis of her body.

Taken aback by his words Argen gritted his teeth but didn't say anything as he turned around. "Hold on... we were above land right?... I'll find a city or something and we can get medical supplies... keep her alive" Argen said the last part looking at Lee with a forceful expression as he continued walking toward the small length trees that would hopefully lead to a city to help heal Megan.

...

"Crap!" Once out of earshot of the other two Argen yelled and kicked a tree, enraged at the fact that they were already facing setbacks in their quest. " Some quest leader I am..." Argen said as he saw a roadside market and ran inside hoping to find some medical supplies.

"Welcome to Luna market... how may we help you?" A kid said sitting on the counter as Argen ignored him and started thrashing around through the aisles.

"Are you looking for medical supplies?" The kid asked appearing next to Argen's shoulder. Argen looked at him wide eyes and grabbed his shoulders. "Can you give me some please?!" Argen yelled out desperately as relief flooded throughout his body.

The kid led Argen to the back as he gave him a small box full of bandages and neccesary equipment to nurse people back to help. "It's free... Mom is very generous..." the kid said softly as his eyes were covered by his hair.

"Tell you mother I said thank you!" Argen said running out of the road side station with a smile... not thinking how weird the situation was, nor was he thinking it was quite rare for them to have medical supplies...

"Momma... he's never had one... we should show him what it's lie right?... to have a mother?" The kid said looking toward a woman who was floating as her hair covered her entire front side of her body.

The kid smiled crazily as his body turned pale and looked cold and his clothes were drenched. All around the station hundreds of kids who were drenched were crawling on the walls and ceiling, looking in the direction that Argen had just ran off to. "3...of...them..." The woman said as she flashed forward at impossible speeds...

...

"Where did you get this supplies?" Lee asked after fixing up Megan and ensuring she'd be fine. He had wrapped her sides and stitched up any open bleeding wounds. There had been alcohol inside the kit as well.

"It was in a gas station run by..." Argen stopped as he looked to the right and his voice trailed off. "Argen?" He heard the faint sounds as he started walking toward the water in a daze.

"Mother..." Argen said as his eyes clouded over and he opened his eyes, sitting up in bed. "Argen! It's almost time for school!" Argen's mother said yelling from the kitchen...

8