Chapter 24
174 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slap

Crash!

"I let you hit me, but You have no right to lay your hands on me," Artemis said looking at Zeus who she had kicked back into his throne in front of everyone. After coming back, she had found out that someone… had spilled the secret of her having a child.

Now, with everyone knowing, and with the child not being dead even after she had been sent to kill him, no one knew what to think.

Had she broken her oath on purpose? Fallen in love with a man and had a kid out of rebelliousness? No one could tell, but the rumors were starting to get to her, and Zeus as well.

"I am leaving now, I have nothing else to report… Father" Artemis said, leaving the throne room and turning her back to all the Olympians.

"I thought the boy felt similar… Though he only looked at me once. I don't see the problem with him being alive Zeus" Hestia said, stoking the hearth as Zeus sat down on his throne.

"It's not about that, first this, then the Percy Jackson boy… too many demigods that shouldn't exist are appearing… What happens when they fight each other?... Or worse, fight kids of a different Pantheon" Zeus said causing everyone to nod their heads.

It made sense that he didn't want another holy war between everyone, too much work as well as too time-consuming. The other pantheons wouldn't mind though, they'd start fighting in a heartbeat had Zeus not proven himself to be strong when killing Kronos with his brothers… though he didn't know Kronos had nearly been dead anyway because of his mother…

"I say we just leave him alone… make sure to not give him any more quests, or make sure he gets a quest… he isn't too strong, it'll kill him quickly and efficiently," Ares said with an annoyed tone to his voice, still shaken up that he had been influenced by Kronos somehow…

"Leave him alone Ares?... With the power of the moon… YOU WANT HIM TO BE LEFT ALONE!" Thunder rumbled as the entirety of Olympus shook, causing the gods to all roll their eyes.

"I… Have an idea…" Zeus suddenly relaxed as he started planning, Why to kill Argen when he could get him to join them?... A great idea… a few weeks ago at least…

Argen woke up to the sounds of footsteps nearby, two boys whispering to each other as they seemingly walked toward the woods, perhaps going to the lake.

'Whatever, Go back to sleep' He thought to himself. "Don't worry Percy, I have a good spot" Luke's voice reached Argen's ears, making his eyes snap wide open as he quickly got out of bed. They'd all decided on him being the cabin counselor, for reasons unknown, but he would just do his best.

'Why would these two be going out now?... I never saw them be close before…' Argen thought to himself as he followed them into the woods.

Upon stepping into the woods, Argen realized he had lost them already… wait. Argen closed his eyes and breathed in, then, snapping his fingers, the mist disappeared, allowing him to see Percy and Luke walking forward.

'The hell are these idiots doing? Harpies can get them this early…' Argen sighed as he continued forward, only stopping once they had sat down, opening their coke cans and swigging them down like normal teenagers.

After a few minutes of nothing happening, Argen rolled his eyes and turned away, ready to leave something he had thought would be interesting.

"Yeah… That's why I'm leaving now… careful Percy… That's a pit scorpion" Luke's voice reached Argen's ears causing him to pause and look back, with his eyes slightly widened as he saw a scorpion climbing up Percy's arm.

"It'll kill you... Goodbye Percy" Luke said leaving the opposite way, heading toward Argen as Percy swatted the scorpion away, then, after being stung, ran back towards camp hurriedly as the prophecy started to come back to him.

"Wow... Who knew there was a traitor in camp half-blood" Argen said shocking Luke who turned and immediately took out his sword that could harm both mortals and monsters, including demigods.

"Woah... a sword..." Argen said as silver light illuminated his fist, one of his two guns appearing as he smiled with no happiness. "Ah, Luke... Why are you doing this?... Killing Percy... That's not your right" Argen's eyes suddenly glowed as Backbiter was thrown and stabbed into the ground by one bullet.

"Huh?" Luke said shocked that his sword had flown out of his hand, only to freeze as the cold end of the Glock pressed against his temple.

"Luke... Just tell me" Argen said his moon aura pulsing calmly around his body as Luke managed to think quickly.

"Percy Jackson is a problem... you agree with that... Argen... he took away all your glory with your quest... Don't you want revenge?... He's a mistake..." Luke started to say as Kronos spoke through him, giving the words to manipulate the kid.

Argen, blinking once, let his hand drop and started to walk back to camp after hearing all of Luke's words. "Mistake... just like me... but he's treated as a hero..." Argen's eyes glowed silver for a second as he thought about it before his expression turned violent.

'He's definitely trying to use me for something... but he isn't wrong... the son of Poseidon isn't something that should exist... SO WHY IS HE TREATED SO SPECIAL!'

Argen, after yelling in his mind for a second sighed as he calmed down and looked forward, seeing people rushing about camp.

'Join Luke...' Argen thought as he went back to his cabin, ignoring everyone who was running about.

"I must say I'm impressed, Luke..." Kronos said in Luke's head as the boy nodded looking once more back at camp.

"Thank you, master... I think the gods will be reaped soon..." Luke replied as he finally left the place he had once called home...

...

"there's no way Luke would do something like that!" Annabeth screamed as Argen, Megan, Percy, and she was all in front of Chiron listening to Percy's story.

"Why do you trust him so much anyway?... I personally believe he's a piece of trash" Argen said looking away with an annoyed expression.

He still kind of liked Annabeth, though the more she was like this the more it went away, and each time he thought of her a tingling feeling would shroud his lips.

This had been a common occurrence ever since that weird dream with the silver surrounded lady.

"How could you say that when he's the reason you're alive right now? He trained you!" Annabeth said as Percy opened his mouth and closed it, sighing as he was once again interrupted.

"Oh yeah, beating my ass was some great training, I even managed to kill a monster because of it," Argen said sarcastically, looking at the blonde girl who huffed and crossed her arms.

"Luke is the only reason you're so happy right now, If it weren't for him you wouldn't even be alive" Annabeth replied looking away as Argen's eyes widened.

'You… really think I'm happy?... Pft!' Argen laughed inwardly as he shrugged and left toward the door. "Maybe you're right, maybe it's all because of Luke that I am so "Happy" " with those words Argen left the Big House, making his decision...

...

"I didn't realize before because Sam wasn't there to remind me… But today is my birthday huh…" Argen said quietly as everyone at the table stopped talking and looked over at him."Jerk!" All of his cabin mates screamed and grabbed him, pulling him into chokeholds and punching him as he looked at them confusedly. "What did I do?" Argen asked as they all looked at one another and then as a team, picked him up carrying him off to the lake…

Later, after his soak, Argen finally got his answer as to why they had done that, as well as other comments from people he had barely talked to. Mostly from the Hermes cabin and surprisingly the Ares cabin.

Apparently it was a big deal that today was his birthday, which was pretty new to him, seeing as the best thing he had ever done on his birthday was eat a cupcake given to him by Sam.

Annabeth had tried to say happy birthday to… but he just tuned her out. He was over it, and over her, her know it all attitude, her unhealthy obsession with Luke, it was too annoying for him, So he slowly drifted apart from her, something she had noticed and didn't get…

"How's it feel to be twelve now? You're only 2 years younger than me" Megan said with a smile as the day of people saying happy birthday and actually acknowledging him came to an end.

"Thanks…" Argen said as he looked up at the sky, both of them sitting at the beach. Megan, slightly startled, Looked over at him, "For?" She asked, dragging out the or as he smiled a bit.

"For making people do that… I know for a fact none of them cared, the only genuine ones were my mates… Haha…" Argen closed his eyes as he knew today would probably be the last day something like this happened… and he was okay with that.

He had made up his mind… He would join luke. Just as Annabeth had said maybe he was the only reason he was alive, And knowing Luke's weird dark aura around him… well who knew… Little did The Son Of Silver know that his aura… His umbra… would soon darken the world…

4