Chapter 29
129 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Michael... Today is the day we make Apollo proud!" Argen yelled as he stood on top of the chariot, Michael pulling it as sweat dripped from his forehead.

"Y-Yeah... Can't you help?" Michael asked as veins were popping and his entire face was red.

"I would love to help Michael, but you need the practice! this will help you grow strong! Who knows, If Silena sees you she might just fall in love"

Hearing his words a fire was lit in Michaels's heart as he nodded and started running with en chariot rolling behind him, newfound strength with the power of love.

"Did you make him pull that all the way here?... I like your style" Clarisse said before turning away as Argen smiled a bit, seeing Michael breathing heavily as he looked over at Silena, a daughter of Aphrodite.

"Pft... She didn't even look your way..." Argen said trying not to laugh as he jumped off the chariot and looked at the other cabins.

"What are we waiting for?" Argen asked Clarisse as she was next to him with her cabin mate, the driver of the chariot.

Clarisse looked around uncomfortably and pointed to the side, showing that Tantalus had finally arrived.

"Ugh... Michael, Avert your eyes, a Ghoul is watching" Argen said loud enough for everyone to hear, including Tantalus, who just smiled cruelly, throwing Argen off.

'Hmm...' Argen thought before shaking his head and climbing back on top of his chariot, wishing Clarisse good luck with a small smile as he climbed up on it...

(Argen Pov)

This is annoying... Tantalus is being weird as well, He usually glares at me... what's so different?

And this girl... *Sigh* I don't even feel like doing this... I have to date her and convince her... but that's annoying... Thanks, Kronos, You feel pretty damn fatherly...

Didn't he eat his kids as well? As if I'd trust his bullshit... it's so annoying faking liking this place... if Megan and Sam weren't here... and I suppose Apollo cabin, they've grown on me, I'd leave in a heartbeat...

The gods are bastards who just want to make people do shit for them with no work, and titans were no different, I just want to live my life...

"Ready!... Start!" Tantalus's shrill voice yelled out, a hole burning in the back of my head due to his stare, which I could tell he was grinning, almost as if he was some kind of predator...

Michael whipped the reigns causing the horses to start running, as I readied my guns, of course, I set to Nonlethal, who knew that was a setting? What a surprise.

"Clarisse, you are looking mighty fine this morning, I suppose since you are staying so close you want to specify the favor?" I asked with a smile as the wind blew through my hair, perhaps making me more attractive? I don't know but considering the almost unnoticeable blush from Clarisse then I suppose so.

"Well, I'm off!" I yelled as his chariot zoomed forward past the Ares one, taking the lead quickly with Athena and Ares behind, though Ares was teamed so... it was only Athena.

At least... that's what I thought, but when Percy and his cyclops brother went ahead and passed me and Michael I was proven wrong.

"Seems you've had a good fight with the others... Thanks a lot, Clarisse" I muttered rolling my eyes as Percy, with his sword, started coming for me.

"No," I said shooting off my gun and hitting the wheel, causing the chariot to fly up after hitting a bump, throwing Percy off.

His cyclops brother Tyson was fine though, landing hard against the side with their broken chariot as I and Michael went on to our second lap.

*No* A voice said in my mind as, somehow, I flee off the chariot, hitting the tree and barely not getting any damage as Asfalis protected me, what a good wolf.

That voice...

It suddenly hit me as I looked over to the side, seeing Tantalus not even trying to hide his smile as Mr. D was ignoring the races.

I see how it is... He really wanted to kill me, I could tell that was his plan... and so, I had every right to kill a monster right?

"Don't!" A voice called causing me to look to the right seeing Megan steering the Hermes Chariot and looking at me with a hard stare.

Ah I see, I forgot she could practically read me like a book, and she's seen me kill before, so she must have known, well whatever.

Quickly using my Moon Aura to flip over the chariot, Michael was fine as well, Asfalis had really outdone himself huh?

"Come, Michael, we're behind," I said quickly to the startled boy before he regained his composure and nodded, an almost violent expression on his face.

"Calm down Michael... the day shines on us" I said with a small smile as, literally, the sun started hitting the chariot, making it glow and... change?

The chariot was now a searing hot temperature, causing me to even tan in only a few seconds.

"Father?" Michael asked looking at me questionably.

How the hell was I supposed to know? I meant it metaphorically, but if there really was day shining on us... could it have been Hemera? Nah, just because I made a charm didn't mean anything, must be Apollo...  Or maybe... Hemera is still alive?

With these thoughts, I climbed back on top of the Chariot, dead last as everyone started their 2nd lap, We'd need to catch up... well I'm sure I'd figure something out...

3