Chapter 33
193 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me and Clarisse sat around the table, eating dinner in silence. The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of the engine and the occasional fork against a plate.

"So... We aren't gonna talk about earlier?" She asked, her voice shaky as she stabbed a piece of chicken with her fork and ate it quickly.

I glanced at her, the memory of killing Artemis's hunter's fresh in my mind. "What's their to talk about?" I replied back, eating the rest of my food and preparing to leave.

"You killed someone Argen! How are you being so casual!" The blonde stood up yelling as a zombie came in, only to rush out seeing the situation, damn Ghouls.

"We kill all the time, The monsters, they're alive ya know?... We kill them, for sport, for survival, people aren't much different"

After my response I threw the plate into the ocean and walked toward my quarters, my hands slightly shaking as I reached it.

(Clarisse Pov)

"Hm?... Why did he leave" I whispered to myself seeing the full plate of food Argen had left behind. The scene of him killing the hunter's was still fresh in my mind.

It was slightly intimidating, and it kinda made me sick. I was going to ask Argen about this... but he just up and left... We had sat in silence for an hour and he just left?... We never even got to talk.

Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it... The least I can do s forget it... Yeah I'll just forget it.

"Um, Lady Clarisse" One of the Ghouls voices reached my ears, walking in with a letter and looking down on me. First time they'd interrupted us since we started dinner, guess they decided to come since Argen was gone?

"Yes, what is it?"

The ghoul dropped the letter in front of me then left, quicker then he had come.

As I picked up the letter, my heart started pounding, every second it beat louder and louder.

*Watch out*

Two words scribbled in black ink were on the page, making me relax as I read over them again. Watch out... why would I need to watch out?

As I went to throw it away another paper fell out of the envelope, how had I missed this one?

*Changing yourself for a man? Sickening, It's not too late*

I read over the words again and finally threw it away, though I couldn't say I was calm anymore. Changing myself for a man?... No I hadn't... Well... I did ask the Aphrodite girls for a makeover... and then I got some magic done, but the rest was my hard work... I wasn't changing myself... I just wanted to be more ladylike.

But who could this note have been from?... It had simply been sent to a magic warship currently travelling to the bermuda triangle?... The more I thought about it the more this didn't make any sense.

*Crash!*

The sound of glass breaking through me off before a girl came crashing through the wall, Argen standing on the other side of the wall.

"I won't kill you... yet" He said, making even me shiver as his silver eyes stared down on the little girl. She couldn't have been any older than 11, why was he being so brutal?

(Normal Pov)

Another Hunter, she was crying too much when she was going to kill me, I guess they know I killed the other two... I hope mother knows, I can imagine the pain it brings her to lose her precious "Child"

"Ahh!" The girl screamed as tears streamed down her face, I'd be lying if I said I felt bad for her, I didn't. I don't know what happened but... I couldn't be bothered to care about her whimpering.

*Smack!*

I slapped the girl into the wall next to us and looked at the shocked Clarisse, are earlier conversation fresh in my mind. "Sorry about leaving so quickly earlier" I said before following the injured hunter.

I did my research while in my room, trying to remember the countless legends I had read with Annabeth. The hunter's were immortal, unless they died in combat, meaning I had really killed those two girls earlier...

I had no time to feel sad about it, on further inspection they had been trying to kill me, no doubt my mother trying to finish me off quietly...

"Why are you here?" I asked kicking the drawn bow away into the ocean and pointing both my guns at the girls head. Her eyes shook as blood dripped down her forehead from her earlier beating.

"I... I needed to see what happened to my sisters... You killed them!" The girl screamed and cursed at me as my hands shook. I... couldn't pull the trigger.

Looking into her eyes all I could see was heartbreak, she wasn't even hostile... she just wanted her sisters... and I killed them.

"I would say sorry if they hadn't tried to kill me... the best I can do is let you go... And if anyone of you hunter's come back I won't... I won't hesitate to kill you guys" I said the last words with an inaudible gulp as I turned away, the sounds of water splashing indicating the hunter was gone.

Would she be back?... Possibly.

(Artemis Pov)

Two of my hunter's killed, and one severly injured. She came back to tell us the fate of the others... I had no place to tell them what not to do anymore, so when they went to hunt Argen I just sat there, completely helpless.

I... I heard the man would leave prison soon... I had to get out of this... but how?... I couldn't do anything on my own... and I refused to ask someone for help... I don't... I just don't know what to do.

"I will kill him then!" Zoe's enraged voice yelled out as she gripped her bow and started to walk away. I had no doubt that she could kill my son, but she can't.

"Stop Zoe" I ordered. The girl looked back at me with emotions I could relate to at the moment. Betrayal, heartbreak, sadness, everything Zoe was feeling I was feeling as well... But there is... Nothing I can do.

(Normal Pov)

"You say we're almost to the Sea of Monster's huh?" I asked the ghoul as I looked out at the land around us, it was almost modern, hell they even had a donut shop up on top of the land. Something called... Monster Donut?

I can't lie that's a pretty cool name.

3 days had passed since our encounter with the hunters, I'd gotten over it by now, and So had clarisse, her earlier outburst seemed to be forgotten to her, Weird...

"Then shouldn't we-" My words were cut off as a glint of light hit my face, causing me to look toward the land and see the last person I wanted at the moment.

"Percy Fucking Jackson" I muttered as I watched him cut off a Hydra head like an idiot...

(A/N: Back to the exciting shit yay!)

3