Chapter 38
128 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/7XU5c5WyrM

Patre0n.com/GodSage

---

"Good Luck, normally you'd be able to leave automatically... sorry that it took so long kid..." Kym said as she waved her hand, my consciousness appearing with the Leviathan.

"Hmm... Past Present... now future, I'll be honest kid, I only kept you here because of outside... interference, Well good luck with your last trial" The leviathan, which had been taking the shape of him this entire time, changed and disappeared, leaving me in front of the last dark path.

What had he meant with outside interference? Was there someone trying to make me stay here?... Why?

I couldn't think of an answer, maybe some random god wanted to test me... I just can't bring myself to care though... I feel so... Numb.

That's the best way to describe it. I know that Clarisse and the others could be dead... But I don't know... My heart just isn't into it.

There's really no point... because if I really had to guess... They probably haven't been through half of what I've been through... I can't bring myself to worry about them right now... I'll focus on me... and this last trial.

"I'm ready," I said as I stepped through, seeing my older self once again, though this time I was sure it wasn't the leviathan.

I stood there confused, my older self was just looking out at the sun as it set.

"Hemera... Am I doing the right thing?" I said... well not me but myself said looking out as the day went away.

"The right thing?... Well, I guess if you want it then it is the right thing... to you that is" A golden-haired woman said appearing next to my older self, a soft vibe filling the area.

"Yeah but... To do what I need to do-" My older self started to say before he was pulled in a hug, Hemera stroking his hair with a smile as 2 other... shadowy figures stood behind him.

I couldn't make out their features, but I could feel they cared for him.

"Do what you need to do, it's not about if it's right or wrong, nor is it about who will say it's wrong... You want this... You saved me Argen, do what you believe needs to be done, just like that... that time"

I saved her?... The primordial goddess of the day, I remember... I prayed to her a few times... At least before the quest... Does this... Does this trial show the future?

The scene shifted suddenly to me standing in front of a beaten and broken Megan with a saddened expression on my face.

"I don't want to fight you... I know you just want me to come back home but... I don't think it's my home anymore... Just... Just leave Meg" My older self said waving his hand and turning as large gates opened up, the aura coming from them nearly making me faint.

"Are you the Keeper? Let's test your worth..." a Voice came from them as the scene shifted again.

"No Percy!" A younger version... No this was just me... except not in any event I could recall.

"You don't understand! The years and years of abuse! No one understands... I just... Man, I just want to die ya know?..."

I walked to the edge of a waterfall, my fists tightening as I looked at the shocked son of Poseidon.

"My life is... Useless... Megan and Sam always say I'm special... That's bullshit, Percy... Me and you... we're just mistakes haha... Hey... If it makes you feel better... I don't actually hate you" I said before dropping into a waterfall.

The scene shifted again... Wait no, this time I was in control of the scene. I felt the sadness and anger I had been feeling up to this point. I could smell the saltwater of the waterfall next to us.

Each misty drop that touched my skin felt refreshing...

"Now choose... No future... or a hard future" The Leviathan voice said.

I... had a choice.

To end it all... I could kill myself and not have to go through anything... My life would be over... and so would the bad stuff...

Is that what I wanted? To die and leave the struggles behind... What about earlier... The future I had seen... Would I give it all up to escape the pain?

"Argen I know how you feel! My stepdad he beat me too, don't worry, I'm here for you!" Percy yelled after hearing me tell him something.

The worry in his eyes... it was real. A stepdad? Beat him? Mister Perfect Jackson?... It's hard to believe anyone would beat him.

"No Percy... You don't understand..." I started to say, my heart racing as my fists tightened. "You'll never understand!"

Percy flinched back as I glared at him, all my emotions bubbling to the surface. Not just from this moment, but from my entire life. I was feeling 12 years of emotions that were driven by abuse and trauma.

"So you choose to end it all?" The voice said again as I stepped toward the Waterfall.

"Yeah... this life... as of this moment... is over," I said, falling into the waterfall as Percy's scream filled my ears.

"Nooo!" He yelled jumping forward and missing my hand as I closed my eyes.

"But that doesn't mean my life is over" I finished, opening my eyes as silver aura burst from me. I was back on top of the cliff, Scylla and Kym were off to the side, one smiling as I soared in the air.

When did I even learn to fly so well?

"The leviathan is pleased! Good luck!" Kym's voice reached my ears as I flew off. The future was gonna suck... And I was gonna do not-so-good things... But that didn't matter.

I'll do what I want from now on, and Kronos?... Well, he can go fuck himself...

...

"I'm surprised you made the leviathan keep making him take the trial. Not very natural of you ya know?..." A woman said smirking behind a man who had just destroyed a crystal ball.

"It's the least I can do for my silly grandson... Maybe he won't be useless like his father"

"Well... Only time will tell, It doesn't even seem he has any of your powers"

"What do you mean?... He's already shown signs, the Dark Side of the moon goes hand in Hand with Venus..." The man smirked as he looked to the side, a powerful demigod had been born 12 years ago... and he was only 25% human...

1