V2C11 – The Bloody Wall of Might Nodoka
3.1k 20 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day Airi came and left, I holed myself in bed to think. As I buried my head in my hands, a day passed.

"Airi...why..."

My sister who should've died years ago showed up, presumably with a high-up position in the government to form a connection with [Magical Girl Aki]. I don't know if she's told anyone about my identity yet...let's save that thought for later.

Yoru spoke up after seeing my state,

"Your little sister is truly an amazing human Akito."

"You think that after meeting her for the first time...?"

"No, I just hacked into some places and browsed some files. The walls hiding confidential secrets are no match for a [Focal] like me."

"Hm? Then, didn't you know my sister was alive?"

"No, I didn't access them until just now. I didn't have a reason to after all. I doubt other [Focals] would go through top-secret government folders for fun either anyways. But, this stuff is pretty interesting. As expected of a race with a lot of potentials."

"What is it?"

That was when I learned of Airi's deeds as Emma Enderich and vampires. I even learned where she was situated now and how to contact her.

"So that strange mana was...a vampire's. She survived that event years ago by becoming a vampire because of the government's interference...and to think she was concealing such a secret from us. My sister really is amazing...I knew that though."

Before I could process this fully...

*bang bang*

A vicious knock permeated throughout the room coming from my door. I could hear Nodoka's voice on the other side.

"Get out."


I open the door lightly as the [Bloody Wall of Might] Nodoka strangles the air with her presence. With Airi not here, she's a lot more menacing and imposing in the doorway.

"Can I help you? Is Airi with you? Didn't you say you might not have ever come back?"

"Airi isn't here right now and she doesn't know I'm here either."

"So...why...?"

She manifested her giant sleek battle-ax tinted blood red and pointed it at my throat.

"You can hate me for this. After all, I already hate you. I won't kill you, just put you through a bit of pain."

"Eh!?"

She grabbed the collar of my shirt and threw me out of the building. Not good...!

[Transform]

Glittering light blasted through the air and Aki appears. My bishoujo form had no time to change, so my clothes were still the casual wear of Akito...it was a bit eroti--

"So that's how you do it...an interesting trick. Anyways, Airi will find out how you do it eventually."

Nodoka gracefully hopped to the same level as me and positioned her stance.

"Why are you doing this!?"

My flustered female voice was oscillating.

"This is...just my unsightliness."

As she pushed off the ground and flashed away from her initial place, I felt the incoming blow for my chest. 

[Hexad Barrier: 2 Release]

Blocking it without issue, I manifested [Realizer] in one hand. The shining white gleam beat brightly through the sun.

"What is your problem?"

"Do you know how hard Airi has worked to get to this point?"

"Huh?"

"Do you know how much she sacrificed for her and you?" 

"..."

"It just pisses me off. To see that attitude of yours...I know it's reasonable. I know it is. But, I can't help but want to beat your face in. She was always so happy when talking about you...it might be jealously...no I just wanted to burden her misfortune."

"..."

I have nothing to say so I listen.

"I can't tell you anything about what happened to her. But just know, that she worked for your sake...and you better be grateful. I know you will be, but this is why I said this is my unsightliness showing."

She pointed her ax towards me again.

Well, I already know what happened to Airi...it must've been tough. I feel like if she was here I would give her a hug she could never escape from. And right now, I can feel the intensity of Nodoka's feelings, I get them. But, attacking me isn't so good...

"Sino!"

"On it Aki-sama, [Wind Enhancement]."

I adjust my mana strengthening all over and boost sharply away with the wind. Now with this distance, how do I go about hurting her in a non-lethal way? She did attack me first, but as Airi's friend and one that I can see really cares about her, I can't have her permanently damaged. If I run, she'll just keep coming back too, I need to show her up now.

"Get back here!"

She broadly swung her ax with enough force to rend metal. Are you really not trying to kill me? Well, you're now in a perfect range!

[Core Grenade: Dark Fire]

The twisting glob of evil heat spread on impact and made her stagger slightly. But, this wasn't enough to prevent her next attack so...

"Sino...!"

With a gust of wind like a cannon, Nodoka was pushed away and after a second of airtime, loudly hit the ground.

"How annoying...even your battle style puts me off."

"Likewise, I don't want to get caught by a brute strength fighter like you."

"Too bad for you, I'm going to use my ability, [Invincibility]."

"W-W-Wait...[Invincibility]!? What's up with that cheat power?"

Nodoka's special ability is not yet known by the general public. But, it turned out to be way more frightening than I expected. She then approached with a speed unrivaled by most with her refined physical enhancements. I don't have time to hesitate, for now, I'll use this...

[Fire-Lightning Form Realizer: Dark Flaming Thunder Enhancement]

With fire, lightning, and wind sizzling off the edges of my sword, I slash half-heartedly at her incoming torso. Her ax crushed through a bunch of my barriers, those will be on cooldown for a few minutes.

"Ha!"

When my sword made contact with her side, the weird sensation of an undoubtedly strong repulsion took place. It was like trying to use a twig to break down a building, impossible. My sword was instantly panged away and the surprise lowered the mana enhancement's effect. I'd usually cut through most of anything with mana, but my slash didn't work on Nodoka at all.

This may be a troublesome battle, no, I should've been taking this seriously from the beginning. That's the kind of resolve Nodoka brought to the battlefield, though I don't know if it was right to bring her personal feelings too. For my own reasons now, I'll beat that childish attitude of yours, Nodoka Yanagi!

"You can't break [Invincibility] with those kinds of attacks, in fact, I'm sure you can't with any."

"That is a broken power, but I've seen you on the news with wounds before. That power must have a time limit."

"It is true, but can you survive my onslaught before the time runs out? Oh, and running means your house gets wrecked okay?"

This girl...!

[Awaken my power]
[The time to vanquish evil has come]

[Neutralizer: Handgun] came to my hand from Yoru. 

"Hmph, do you think that using their weapons will help you?"

Ignoring her taunts, I aimed the gun at her leg. The wound after burning through shouldn't be fatal but enough to make her leg momentarily stop working for this battle. I'm so glad my mana eyes are this effective.

I shot the high-pitched screeching laser from the nozzle but the contact didn't produce the desired result. Only smoke from where the beam landed on her remained...[Invincibility] is too strong. I wait for the energy gun to reload and shot two more times before she was up in my front. The shots failed to affect her whatsoever...again.

"Is this all the [Ethereal Princess of Darkness Aki] has?"

"You wouldn't hold a candle to me without [Invincibility], don't look down on--me!"

I thrust my cutlass to the side with a quickly formed [Fire-Lightning Form Realizer: Dark Flaming Thunder Vortex] raging at the blade. [Wind Enhancement] makes the charred mana even stronger. As my signature move blasted into Nodoka's upper shoulder...

*snap*

My [Reaizer] broke from the sheer defensive power of Nodoka's [Invincibility]. Perhaps the mana applied through the vortex was too straining, or my strengthening wavered in concentration too, but the fact that it broke was apparent nonetheless.

"Take this!"

Nodoka again slashed down brutally, but this time my barriers were torn through and a small cut is shown on my arm.

"Tch."

I tried to get away with [Wind Enhancement] and my mana-filled body but to no avail. Her body reached mine in a matter of time, really what's with these insane battle junkies...I guess I am one though.

"You aren't getting away until I'm satisfied!"

Before she could strike me again I shoved a wide bullet of air into her face with Sino's help. Though it stunned her for a bit, she quickly regained herself and aimed for the same attack.

[Gravity Magic]

"You guys are in the know-how with mana right? Well, my [Gravity Magic] has gotten pretty good as of late due to my constant training. I have the affinity and capacity so I'm probably one of the only ones on Earth that can pull it off this well you know?"

"Grggh..."

Gravity magic constantly drains mana, so having a large mana pool is a must. It also requires immense control which is determined by affinity and effort. Anyways, Nodoka, under the effect of my gravity was pinned to the ground by her feet. She may become a terrible force with the ultimate defense, but she can't combat the force of gravity itself.

Then, as if mocking my efforts and training, she stood. What an outrageous mana user...her physical enhancement ability is definitely greater than mine. But, under that amount of gravitational influence, she should be struggling...

"I don't have much affinity for magic, but I'll show you the one I can do."

Nodoka deeply voiced this as she clad her battle-ax in the sturdy Earth. The Earth attribute huh...

"Hooraa!"

Her battle-ax became even more massive as she swung it at me with ridiculous power despite being restrained by gravity. The [Bloody Wall of Might] is a name deserved. But from that move, I found out how to win without drawing out this tedious fight...

"Sino, help me out!"

"Ou."

With a boost of wind, I shot towards Nodoka, smoothly dodging her ax. With an ax that huge, your body afterward becomes full of openings from the recoil! I came up to Nodoka's face and grabbed her deltoid firmly.

[Mana Drain]

It was hard to avoid my own [Gravity Magic] affecting her, but with this, I should be able to take her out without fatal injuries. She'll just be a bit exhausted on mana...

"N-Not yet..."

As if she sensed me touching her anymore would spell doom, she unmanifested her Earth-covered ax and aimed for my head with her now free hand. 

"Uh oh..."

I still need a moment before taking away her considerable mana. I kick my [Gravity Magic]'s magnitude further and ready mana into my hand. Before her reach could find me, I threw my fingers in front of her eyes and injected light mana at point-blank range. This has got to affect her for a few days before recovery.

"Ah!?"

She stumbled back from the blinding mana, it seems my training in all elements is useful in these areas. With the extra time, I can feel the mana in her body being drained extraordinarily fast, such is my power. As it drained, her footing saw less strength, and her resistance to my [Gravity Magic] fell. Her physical enhancement as well twisted less flowingly and she dropped to the floor in defeat. It looks kind of sad...

She tapped the floor twice while my hand still grasped her upper arm.

"I-It's my loss."

Her irritated voice showed every emotion she felt. It was so powerful that those not careful would be sucked into that atmosphere. I unhanded her after making sure an amount of mana which she would need to fight was taken. I got another [Magical Girl]'s mana...and a lot of it, I'm giddy at the thought. She'll naturally restock her mana reserves over time so no real damage will be sustained either.

Nodoka stood up, seemingly relieved that my gravity no longer affected her. But, her expression quickly darkened when she realized her loss.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Are you calm enough to have a discussion?"

"I'm not here to discuss anything with you."

"Not even after losing? With that cheat ability [Invincibility]?"

"Hmph, I'll settle the score one day. But for now, I guess I'll retreat. After fighting you, I can see that you aren't the worst. I still don't like you but that's my prerogative."

"I see...so can I tell Airi on you?"

"Do as you like, if you see her again."

I guess she tried to coolly boost away but since I sucked her mana, she can't. So, she just solemnly walked away in the direction of the place where Airi is presumably at. I know the location and can contact her from what Yoru can do...Yoru aren't you a bit too useful? 

"And...there she goes. Attacks me one minute, loses, and then leaves without unnecessary words. I don't click with those people you know..."

Yoru stayed quiet.

"Well, I guess no one does. Anyways, I need to process all this new information...let me rest."

76