V3C8 – On A Mission
2.5k 18 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Spirit King] Eurevos:

"W-What is this...?"

The [Spirit King] Eurevos is one of the most powerful mana beings in [Orvinus], the first and leader of all spirits. He has a talent slightly below the gods but can still contend in other areas. He's one who maintains the order of the world together with the [Dragon King] and made the rules of [Contract]. 

Along with this, he has an affinity with all attributes including the capacity to resist spacetime controlled by the will itself through mana.  Anyways, that means that the memories of the next hellish days are pouring into his mind currently as a result of a certain group's time traveling. Memories of the future, a decimated world where [Curses] run free.

They depicted the [Spirit King] fighting desperately, but uselessly in the face of a war of attrition in which the [Curses] never ended their assault. Eurevos didn't know about the method of killing the [Cursed One] either...leading to an eventual tragic end.

"So this is...the future? Why am I being shown this? So that fate can laugh at my efforts? No, even if I know the result, my actions won't change. I will fight for this world unto its last dying breaths. Something like this...won't stop me."

Even if he were to die seemingly pointlessly protecting the world, he would choose that fate every time. Such a duty is his role. The [Spirit King] Eurevos that is.


Rinku and Thouria:

"This way."

Rinku and Thouria set off instantly after going back 9 days. They were still shaken up, but no tear marks could be seen on reverted bodies. Anyways, they first ran to a familiar place and caught the [Curses] off guard. Location: Paris, France.

[Wind Blade]

[Fire Spear]

The burnt carcasses faded into the sky instantly. Another amalgamation like [Curse] with a rough exterior jumped at Thouria only to be ruthlessly stomped expectedly. After a while, the person they wanted to show up did.

"Well well, what do we have here?"

A girl with blue glittering eyes like the stars and an indescribably beautiful face hopped down to the otherworlders. Before Kaede could say another word,

"Tsuzu."

"The preparations are ready, hold out your hands. I have permission."

Kaede confusedly began making exaggerated noises.

"You know each other? What are you talki--"

The two were teleported away to a certain school in Japan...

"Eh!? What was that about?"


Akito Harada:

I know what I must do. Find the goal and grasp it tightly. Never let go of that burning feeling because...

You will get stronger. You will fix everything. You can...

I find myself at my desk in Class 2-A learning about focal points during math, we already learned this a while ago. Though the lecture feels like new information, it's matching up exactly as it should somewhere in my mind. It's like re-watching a movie I suppressed long ago. However, it's only been 9 days, 5 until [Second Contact] and our aquarium trip.

*bell rings*

Class ends and 9 figures leave the classroom together. Considering their identities, a fuss was bound to ensue but no one is nosy enough to actually follow them. Those people are Ryosuke Hikaru, Rino Fujiwara, Yui Saegusa, Ayame Suzuki, Satomi Hayase, Sato Shiraishi, Tatsumi Yamamoto, Ai Nakano, and me, Akito Harada. Before continuing any further...

"Wait a minute!"

I left for the bathroom and came back as Aki wearing a plain sweater and some shorts. Luckily, I avoided being seen by anyone. Anyways, these clothes are good, simple and easy to move in. Girl's underwear still makes me feel a bit defenseless somehow...but I'm used to it.

Anyways, this is the set of clothes I brought with me to school for emergencies. No, not for those kinds of accidents... it's for incidents where [Magical Girl Aki] is needed. I began to bring some frequently after the whole thing with Vetheris so that Aki could go into action without worries. I usually won't have time to change though. Back to reality, the girls looked at me funnily and resumed the mission.

We all quickly went outside to an isolated space behind the school, where many a young hearts are crushed. Like on the roof, there are no security cameras here. As we prepared our minds, everyone wore resolved expressions though Ai had an uneasy one. What should I say to put her at ease? Well, I had no time to dwell on it since Yoru,

"I presume everyone's ready?"

In a slight shine, Rinku and Thouria showed up before them. 

"[Focals] are amazing..."

Thouria held out the magic necklace readily. 

"Let's go."

[Teleportation]

We only have 5 days, so we need to hurry! Tragedy will not befall us.


After the [Teleportation], we appeared in a gray room with old books and supplies laid around. We stood on a complex formation in its center. So this is [Orvinus]....no discrepancy in gravity nor air quality, it's almost terrifying how similar this place is to Earth immediately. In front of us is a blonde-haired blue-eyed beauty that screams royalty. She seems to be about our age...

"T-Thouria and Rinku!? It's only been a few minutes, how did you find them so fast!?"

She reacted to the figures of the 'heroes' soon after. And to answer her question, time travel WOW.

"We meet again, Raldia."

Ryosuke greets her lightly first, but intense emotions bleed through her calm mask.

"R-Ryosuke-sama, welcome back."

She scans the group until her eyes met mine. Oh boy.

"Eek!"

She shrank back a bit and took a defensive position, though it was clear she wasn't a fighter.

"Um, hello there."

After no response,

"It's alright Raldia, h--she's a friend of ours. We'll explain later."

"I-Is that so?"

She's still on edge but that comment calmed her a bit.

"Now that Thouria and Rinku have succeeded in bringing back the heroes...we need to inform father at once. This is an emergency."

Father...the king of the [Holy Kingdom] huh. Let's hope things go smoothly and we can get on our way to kill the [Cursed One].


Soundlessly, we made our way through twisting dim halls and ascended. From what I've heard, we were summoned into Thouria's dwelling...well I won't question that too much. The nerves in my face were tense. Anyways, after a while, we arrived at a pearly painted throne room. Its grandeur was tinted with light golds and reds...a truly otherworldly experience. I need to reassess my thoughts on 'heroes.'

In front of us was an imposing crowned figure, with similar features to Raldia, presumably the King. Next to him was a young man with strikingly refined characteristics all the same, from my knowledge of fantasy novels, this hotshot is a prince. To his other side was a knightly personage with decorations and a stunning broadsword. The people I was walking alongside made slight gasps at his appearance. The King spoke to us readily,

"Welcome, heroes of another world."

57