V3C9 – Demon Lord Kidnapping
2k 18 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere was gloomy and every look was downcast.

"As Thouria and Rinku may have already told you, humanity...no, our world is in danger."

"..."

"Can you lend us your power one more time?"

The party resolved their expressions and returned steadily.

"Of course, we're heroes after all."

The King then detailed the information of the [Curse] invasion thus far. It seems to have invaded their lands but not fully overthrow them yet as expected. Wondering why we won't inform them that we time-traveled from a ruined future? It would just reveal [Focal]'s power and cause panic...it's unnecessary. Anyways, after the brief on the world situation concluded, we began to strategize.

"The heroes have just returned but you look ready for this. In that case, even though we have no time to inform the populace, you should be sent out to the frontlines of the [Holy Kingdom] soon. The forces will surely recognize your authority..."

I just noticed now but some curious eyes often linger to me and Ai, well proper introductions are in order. I don't know if it would be rude to speak out of turn to the King though...wait why should I follow this world's policies!? I don't know anymore. Also, I heard from Sino that there were multiple races in [Orvinus]. How are the dwarves, elves, and demons doing? Are they just here to protect humans, will that really stop [Second Contact]?

"By the way, who're your companions behind you Ryosuke?"

"Oh, these two are Earthen warriors called [Magical Girls] who specialize in [Curse] extermination. Our allies."

"Oh~ how reliable!"

Ryosuke pointed behind him,

"She's Ai Nakano and this one's called--"

"[Demon Lord]-sama!"

"Eh!?"

I felt the flow of mana tinge slightly but before I could react, the [Teleportation] was completed and I was picked up like a child from the waist. In the middle of the spacious throne room now appeared 5 demons of varying body types. The one holding me was the tallest and most imposing. His lofty features and undeniably handsome face eerily trampled the room's air.

"Make way for this beautiful me! We, the [Demon Generals] are here to pick up our ruler!"

My brain cannot process.

"L-Lovet we should r-really get going now..."

"Demons!? How'd they get in with the defensive magic spells we set up? Did they break through them?"

The King hastily made orders.

"Haha! We've obtained our goal! Rejoice at the few moments you saw my glamorous figure and sarabada! AHAHA!"

"Shut up Lovet, something's wrong with you!"

"My only flaw is my utter flawlessness!"

The [Demon Generals] are bickering, is this really the top of the demon race?

"So the demons have elected new generals after we defeated the old ones, looks like heroes will always have work to do--don't worry Aki we'll save you!"

I'm already in the hands of the demons you know! The Earth group got into positions to offset the demonic invaders. But this was a time-sensitive task...

A dainty little girl with horns and a tail told everyone to squeeze into a tight ball as she began casting [Teleportation]. Isn't this girl just as amazing at magic as Thouria?

"W-Wait!"

 My shocked self did nothing as blue light engulfed the space and we landed in a faraway land. Far away from the [Holy Kingdom]...dang this probably won't end well. I was kidnapped by demons right after summoning.


I was taken to an office-like room with old musky books and items strewn. It's kind of like Thouria's dwelling but a bit lighter, actually it might've been even more cluttered.

"Sorry to bring your greatness to such a room..."

The attractive man let me down from his arm and I quickly took my distance by landing on the nearby desk and manifesting a [Realizer].

"Please calm down maou-sama! We have no intention to hurt you!!!"

[Demon Lord]? The 5 demons in front of me lowered their heads in a bow, like one would when acting as a knight of a king.

"U-uh...let's talk first shall we?"

"As you wish."

"Why are you calling me [Demon Lord]? I'm not Vetheris..."

A look of surprise echoed through their faces.

"I see, I had heard that Vetheris might've survived but I guess that was false. Anyways, you are the [Demon Lord] since you possess the God of Destruction's blessing."

Oh yeah, I might've stolen something like that...

"Is that really enough to make me a [Demon Lord]?"

"It is the only qualification, you are qualified to rule over all demons of this continent. Some may not accept it though."

Is this really the effect of [Soul Breaking Phantasm]? This power? Did Vetheris just manifest it in a lame way? Anyways, I could see how the not so charismatic Vetheris was able to obtain the status of [Demon Lord] now.

"I see, so you're calling me a [Demon Lord] because I have the blessing...but how did you find me when I entered the world?"

"Demons are always looking for their next lord, it just so happens that our great magician at the time picked up on your presence when scanning around."

Is the great magician that little girl over there? She's fragile and cute looking, I want to headp--

"So you chose to kidnap me?"

"Yes, so you can lead the demons!"

How should I explain this?

"Sorry, but I don't have time to lead a race...I need to deal with the [Curses]."

"[Curses]...those foul beasts invading us I see..."

"So you're being invaded too."

"Of course! It's a major catastrophe!"

"Well, my priority is to eliminate them."

"As expected of the lord, she exudes the will to take care of calamity with undying determination!"

"You revere the [Demon Lord] too much."

"It's the same with all of us...and to think that our leader has become such a cute girl."

"I won't blush ikemen. Anyways, are you sure...accepting a human as a [Demon Lord]?"

"Human? Hahaha...what a jokester you are my lord. No human could possibly be as wretched as you, I can feel an unyielding field of despair twirling in your wake!"

A compliment? I'm not sure I want it.

"Ok ok, well I think I should regroup with the heroes and Ai though."

"The heroes? You are going to associate with such lowlifes? They're all the way in the [Holy Kingdom] you know!"

"Argh, I'll seek a solution for that later..."

Perhaps I could convince someone to teleport me there, or can they teleport here? Worst case, I have to take care of [Curses] while in the demon's territory alone. I look at the 5 [Demon Generals] looking expectantly at me. I'm not fit for this responsibility!

"For now, I'll do what I can here. Yoru can you contact Fila?"

"Anytime Aki."

That gave me some relief. I need to keep my eyes on the goal, how I approach it may vary...

"Now then, as the new [Demon Lord], I ought to know my subordinate's names shouldn't I?"

Their expressions lit up slightly as they took turns reciting introductions.

"T-The demon army's head magician, Konno."

"The best swordswomen of the demon army, Yaido."

"The demon army's leader of the dark knight, Riord."

"The demon tamer of fearsome monsters, Teona."

"The most beautiful jewel of the demon race aside from your personage, Lovet."

"...I'm Aki."

"Aki, [Demon Lord Aki]."

I got involved in something crazy didn't I? A princess to a [Demon Lord]...Yoru seems just as perplexed as me.

""We the [Demon Generals] swear our abiding loyalty to the [Demon Lord Aki].""

I just wanted to stop [Second Contact] guys...


The birth of a new [Demon Lord] stirred quite a fuss around [Orvinus]. How would Aki adapt to this new world and the attack of the [Cursed One]?

(Note: Took a break but I'll try updating more~)

65