V4 Side Story [Rising Stars] 1 – Deficiencies
1.8k 18 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note: If you've forgotten about this character then refer to V1C13):

Sayumi Yoshida POV:

After being saved by [Magical Girl Aki], I was able to attend high school! My parents found out about what happened, but they were more concerned about my health rather than the house damage. Every day was colorful after that, how could it not be? Anyways, I did some more research about Aki-san, but the information was scarce...she's that cool, and yet she decides to hide it? Well, that part is also wonderful. I remember back to the flower-like barrier, the crackling lightning swords, and the [Curse] being driven away. What I yearn for...I think I've f--

"Hey, you."

"?"

I hear a scratchy voice.

"Do you want to become a [Magical Girl]?"

"...eh? EH!?"

In front of me is a [Focal], a blue fox-like being floating in mid-air while in the bathroom at school. The ones who give [Magical Girls] their power. I-I can become one? Like [Ethereal Princess of Darkness Aki]!?

"Yes!"

"That was a quick answer, normally you'd want to think this through. Also, question my validity! Well, you said it so let's just do it. The name's Shirozaka by the way, I made it myself! Cool isn't it, isn't it?"

"..."

"Alrighty, now..."

It puts its paw on my forehead and a burning sensation flowed throughout my body soon after with my head as its source. The pain was pretty intense, but it ended quickly. Concentrating my mind on a singular something really helped to ease it. Shirozaka then formed his arm into a needle and plunged it into my deltoid with no time to waste.

After a few minutes of small talk -- actually, Shirozaka just one-sidedly speaking at me, the procedure finished and I could feel a strength...something that wasn't there before in me, twisting. After a brief explanation of the powers of [Magical Girls], Shirozaka prompted me to summon my weapon. A weapon of my very own, I wonder what it's like! A curved sword like Aki-san, a battle-ax like Yanagi-san, etc...

Imagining a weapon...of my very own...in front of me...

I reopened my eyes when I felt the successful sensation. I grabbed the weapon's handle.

"A...gun?"

A futuristic-like energy rifle was laid out in my palms. Then I notice, 

"There's also some sort of visor thing on my face!"

"Ooh~ that's rare...two different manifestations. That'll be interesting."

[Magical Girl Sayumi] reporting in!


Hinami Hikaru POV:

My tears reached somebody...the familiar girl in front of me with sharp black eyes and the air of a tragic princess.

I was saved.

I woke up to the same thoughts, days after the darkness stopped. That girl with a male uniform from Onii-chan's school...that face was of [Magical Girl Aki]. But, why? And that demon who possessed me, why did he want to kill my brother and his friends? He said they were 'heroes.' I don't know. I'm in the dark, just like that time. If only I had the capacity, no the power to know...

I push my brown hair away from my clear sky eyes and focus power on my hands. Remembering the demon possessing me, the sensation of using 'magic.' A black sphere appeared in my palm, but extinguished in the next moment. I feel dizzy and lightheaded...I wonder. I wonder.


Watching the struggling Hinami, was a certain [Focal].

"Hmm, it isn't easily detectable and I'm not breaking any rules since she IS a young girl. I just won't finish the whole procedure..."

The paw was pushed up against her fainted head. A blast of static burning power oozed from it, the mind-awakening...

"With that, you have an ability I guess. I don't know what it is, but it'll surely help you. Now, to get away from here before I get caught."

He teleported away as Hinami awakened a power to unshackle her soul.


Kaede Takeda POV:

Reflected in glittering blue eyes like jewelry are fading [Curses] left and right. They're pierced by steel-like blades of mana shot at high speeds. 

"Good work, [Iron Empress of Blades]."

"Stop it with that, its embarrassing Tsuzu...anyways, what was with those girls we ran into earlier? You said you had permission? To do what!?"

"None of your concern."

"How cold, well I won't get answers out of you~ Anyways, did you hear? I'm going to meet up with Sawa-chan soon."

"Ho, I see."

"You don't sound interested at all!"

" :) "


??? POV:

Run. Run. Run. Run, even though there are various gunshot wounds plastered onto my limbs. The pain is unbearable, but I have to continue forward. The wounds will regenerate anyway...that's who I am. I ram through the final line of guards and continue to expertly dodge obstructions. Run.

Then, I see the fence to the outside, and I completely jump over it in a feat of adrenaline. I made it (after a moment of confirmation), for better or worse. I quickly continue running through the thickness of the forest. The sounds behind me are getting softer and softer as I progress.

*pant* *pant*

Slowing down, my heavy breathing is masked by the crunching leaves. Blood pours from every orifice in my body. Why did I have to be cursed in this way? Will I make it? What have I done? There's no way things will work out. My mind is going crazy. I escaped. I didn't escape. They have me in their hands. Oh god, oh god. What do I do?

I cry tears of blood. The same as before. 

I should put this here instead of comments: The side stories will tend to be shorter than main chapters and will tie into the main story.

41