Hero, I Guess I Could Listen
1.1k 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, Mex mixed my words up; I have enough things to worry about right now. Let's get back quick; I still have a bunch of stuff to do," I said to the girls, and Veronica started moving without saying anything.

I was going to have to figure out something for this, but Veronica also didn't need to get sensitive about this kind of thing. I was just a man helping women, not one that was tied to them… well, maybe I was a little bit.

"I am sure that Clesh will find her way into your bed if the Master assumes she is. Most demon women don't like demon men because they go… demons on them, and that is fine with me, but you can see how a smaller creature might not enjoy it," Candice said as we started to walk.

That was fair, and after seeing how big Mex had gotten before, I was able to understand. I guess that I wouldn't mind if Clesh or the other women snuck into my bed, but I didn't have time for women fighting over stupid things like that.

I continued to stroke Jessabell's back, and I pondered what I was supposed to do with her. I guess that I would have to ask Nixi and the other grandmothers if I could put her up on the island at the top of the tower.

That would solve one of my problems, but there was another thing that I was slightly worried about. It was one of those minor things, but it was still something that I needed to consider.

While Mary, the Cerberus girls, and the demon girls were all the same size as me, I wasn't sure what to do about Jilly, and now Jessabell, and Veronica. While there was no denying that we could do things, it would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

<When you reach higher levels with your Rancher System, you will get skills that will help with those things. For now, you should just worry about getting your main class up to a higher level and creating more totems. Today I want you to do all of your training with the new one you just received.>

Hero? I thought you had gone on a vacation? And since when are you my guide? I don't even know how to use the thing yet, and you want me to train with the thing turned on all day long?

<Listen here, you schmuck! I don't need to help you, but I think that you might have a chance to actually do something in this world! So, I am going to help you, if you let me, if not, it's your funeral.>

The man had a point, and I had already caused him enough grief to begin with, so it might not be that bad of an idea to hear him out.  Okay, I will listen, but what will the Totem do for me?

<The Water Totem of the Sphinx will allow you to have more fluid thoughts. This means that you will be able to react to things faster, but it will cause you to overthink things that are bothering you or affecting you. This is why I am telling you to do this while you train so you can get used to it.>

Interesting, this would be very helpful, but at the same time, it was going to be highly distracting. I had more problems than I could count on right now, so this was going to be quite the experience.

I had never really liked to over process thinking; getting worried about things that you can't control isn't good for you. At the same time, because of my lack of caring of what I did to make it to the top on Earth, this might not be bad.

"We are here," Veronica said quietly, and I was pulled from my introspection with Hero.

I looked up, still stroking Jessabell's back as I did, and there was the Keep and my much larger apartment beside it on the right. I still felt weird about it, but Mex had basically moved in and said I could do whatever I wanted.

I guess I could see where he was coming from, but he had better still be doing what he is supposed to as a Demon Lord! I needed to talk to him about that to find out how that would and what I could do about Jilly's rent.

"Thanks, can you take me up into Mex's Keep, and then I'll go drop Jessabell off with Nixi. You two can find some shade for now, but you will have to wait until I come back later for me to get the rest sorted; I have the training," I explained to the girls quietly.

"Thank you, we will be fine in the shade, but if there is water, that would be good as well," Veronica said.

"Yes, I will get a large basin, and I will ask Lidy to prepare some Meat for you," I said, but then Candice gave me a horrified look as we crossed the bridge to the front gate.

"We don't eat meat! Just nuts and berries, and some watery leaves, please…." Candice asked me, trailing off, and I nodded.

I hadn't really thought about anyone but Nushi not wanting to eat meat, but I was sure that Lidy would be able to help get something prepared.

"Yes, I will ask Lidy about it, but I am sure that we have some of all that stuff. Good morning men," I said as the two guards, Spel and Trig, gawked up at the two sphinxes and me as we walked by.

The two didn't say anything, and then they just turned back to face forward after we passed them by. Either the men knew who the girls were already or were just terrible guards; I would say the latter, but I wasn't here to judge.

We reached the front of the Keep, and Veronica bent down for me to get off easily, and I was able to get off without taking the blanket off Jessabell's head. I then rolled her into my arms awkwardly but was able to lift her large frame with ease now.

I was fortunate to have made peace with these girls, and I might not have been able to get Jessabell if it weren't for them. I wonder if this was Mex's plan all along?

25