Volume 1 Chapter 14
282 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life as Alexandria's lover has never been better. We spend the nights together while she continued her studies and training according to her schedule. I wanted to resume being there for her in every little thing, but I had to take care of the twins first, especially Amber's stutter. It would be a shame if she'll become an Avital, only to embarrass my daughter - I mean, my lover, Alexandria.

 

We seemed like a married couple with the twins as our kids and Jana as our maid. She's been taking care of the household chores while I teach the children. Alex also sleeps in my room or I in hers sometimes, which is simply blissful. We can't engage in coitus as much as we would prefer because of Jana's family, but it's not like we don't spend our time not being intimate. I love her so much, and I don't have to hide it from her anymore.

 

If there's one thing I am not fond of, it would be Alex's otherwordly beauty and denseness. It was clear as day that the girl she brought home was aiming for her, and she treats her like a grieving widow. Even Amber could see through the child's crocodile tears. Amber, on the other hand, is also starting to look at Alex the way I do. I have to do something about it soon. Thankfully, Alex is too dense to realize it, and Ashton idolizes her as if she's a God.

 

I try to show my displeasure by ignoring her, but Alex utterly can't get a hint out of it. She even entertained Eva's request of accompanying her to their home for comfort. Have I raised my daughter to be too naive about the world?

 

I thought having the annoying Eva and the budding Amber hovering around my Alexandria was annoying, but having almost all children coming from those banished pirates flocking around my baby is worse. I can barely have time to be pampered by my lover because of her packed schedule, and these little shits keep hogging her. Not to mention that she's basically spending her precious bathtime with her so-called 'step-sister' and ignores me until bedtime.

 

Even if we spend almost every night together, it wasn't enough, given that she spends most of the day in the company of god knows who. After months of deliberating whether I should have all annoying families walk the plank, my precious baby suggested the ingenious idea of voyaging the sea, only this time; she wants to do it without me.

 

Alexandria's decision to set sail without me was saddening, but I knew it was for the best. I could sense that she was getting fed up with all the needy children crowding my Alex, and she needed to take a break. As much as I want to be with her, perhaps she needs a break from me too. All the jealousy I feel towards everyone else has made me clingier than ever before, after all. The only irritating thing about the whole situation is that Amber was making a big deal about Alex's expedition. Amber's attachment towards Alex made her intentions all the more clear to me. My Alex really needs that break.

 

It took us roughly two weeks to prepare everything, but Alexandria was able to set off safely. She should be able to make use of the main Deathshadow now that Leo's gone.

 

Alexandria's absence gave me enough time to reorganize my people. I told them to watch themselves around my child and that those who step out of line will dance with Jack Ketch and become shark bait. Aside from working as Ziba's queen, I took the time to faithfully teach the twins like I taught Alexandria when she was still a child.

 

The both of them dutifully listened to my lessons, from language to history, and a little bit of magic. We weren't sure yet what their elements would be, but knowing in advance about how they work wouldn't hurt. Not to mention that having their idol, Alexandria, as a reference, they're practically begging to be taught the way Alex learned.

 

It was also around this time where I took the opportunity to acquire the things I need to have a smoother love life with my Alexandria. I merged Alexandria's and my room and refurbished it to increase comfort. I even got my hands on a sound nullifying barrier to help me make up for my lost time and get closer with my Alexandria.

 

My lover's first expedition took longer than I would have hoped, but it was all right. All that was important is that she's back home, in my arms, and my villagers won't be bothering us anymore. Amber is still a problem, but she isn't as problematic anymore. Alexandria knows how to deal with her, and she's being pampered every night by me.

 

Alexandria is also kind enough to also go according to my whims and spoil me in her own way. The dynamics every night during her stay reminded me of how we were when Alexandria was born. The only difference is that Alexandria is taking Leo's position and the twins are our children. I could never be happier about our situation. I love her so much.

 

I wanted to do something to show how much I love Alexandria before she left for another trip, so I prepared a simple dinner in the mountains. I was planning to do everything alone since I didn't want my people to figure out my shameless relationship with my daughter, but Otokar found out. I panicked when he showed up where I was earlier as I was preparing our dinner. Just as I was about to make an excuse about what I was planning, Otokar gave me a milder liquor than the one I had prepared.

 

"Ye be pretty 'onest when yer three sheets to the wind, yer majesty."

 

". . . A-and you're not against it?"

 

"Alex isn't against it, so why should I? Plus, ye be perfect fer one another, yer majesty."

 

Seeing Otokar in front of me with the bottle made my eyes tear up. I already prepared myself to keep my relationship with Alexandria, but having him supportive with it is indeed better. I accept the bottle with slightly shaking hands. The bottle in front of me made my relationship with Alexandria all the more real compared to being her lover only within the four corners of our room.

 

"Thank you, O. I. . . I don't know what to say. . ."

 

"A thank ye would be nice, yer majesty. Just take it an' 'ave a nice night with Cap'n Alex. She be one fine Cap'n, that be fer sure."

 

I chuckle at his remark as I place the bottle on the cloth on the ground. It was comforting to know that someone else knew aside from the both of us. Perhaps I can convince Alex to tell other people about our relationship.

 

Another thing that was adorable about her is that she finds even the beasts loitering around the village too charming to be killed, so I took care of them on our way to the mountain when night came. We came up safely, and I loved the look of surprise on her face. If I knew how this would make Alexandria happy, I should've brought her here sooner.

 

Alex's expedition this time around wasn't as sorrowful as I thought it initially would. We were able to spend the night before in each other's arms, not to mention that she was still beside me when I woke up. She's usually out training by the time I wake up every morning, so it was very satisfying having to wake up seeing her face to make my day.

 

 


 

I spent the following months living my ideal life with Alexandria. Otokar has also been sending me correspondence on how amazing my Alex is as a captain. It makes me proud as I hear about her adventures and exploits. The true qualities of a pirate king have been manifesting in her the longer she spends time with Matris Amore. I love that she's doing what she wants, but I love it even more when she's been contributing to the family business.

 

I even started teaching Jana a few things whenever I teach the twins to give her some skills outside being a slave. She's technically an Avital now, and I won't let her embarrass my Alex when the time comes.

 

She came back for the ninth birthday with the biggest slave haul I have ever seen. Alexandria brought back two ships worth of quality slaves, not to mention that they were on their way to the holy kingdom. The Holy Kingdom is very greedy, and monopolizing this amount of slaves gives me the ability to dictate their price according to my whims. Alex wanted to have another subtle birthday party this year, but I said no because there is no way I'd leave this achievement unrewarded.

 

The village feast lasted for three days and three nights. It was the first time I've seen Alex enjoying herself this much, although I believe she's only doing this because her crew won't stop partying.

 

The party wasn't as important in my opinion. Drinking like there's no tomorrow and being left three sheets in the wind isn't something new in the pirate's way of life. What was surprising is what Alex did after the party.

 

While I was teaching Jana and the others advanced language, Otokar suddenly informed me about what Alex was doing. I believed that the relationship I have with Alex was getting better and better. The sex was good, we were communicating better, and only Amber was the only annoying third party in Alex's life. I thought that what I did during her eighth birthday was enough to convey how much I treasure her, but I guess not because Otokar told me that she plans to bring 'Someone Special' by the river. I bet it's Eva or Uri. Those were clingy girls who realized Alex's charms beyond her stat and fell for her.

 

I was a little surprised when Alex came at night and brought me out of the house. I didn't think much of it because I was still mad about Alex's potential cheating escapade. To my surprise, I had found myself by the same river I feared. I was the 'Someone Special' Otokar mentioned. I was the one who's going to spend the night with the woman of my life as she lights up the lanterns floating on the water the way she brights up my life.

 

The glistening orange lights contrasted the dark night like a painting. It was as if the sun painted its way down despite the moon in the sky. I could feel my heart skipping a beat as the colors reflected Alexandria's figure. She seemed even more beautiful as her skin looked like sun-kissed at sunrise. There were no words to describe what I was seeing. It was unworldly, ethereal, divine. My princess appeared to be so perfect with her silver curly hair messily tied to a ponytail.

 

After eating the dinner she prepared, she took out a small box and gave it to me. I was too engrossed with the food she made that I wasn't thinking straight when I received the gift. How I regretted not having the right mindset when I took it. The box slipped from my hands as I understood what was inside.

 

I stared blankly at Alex with a dumbfounded expression for a few minutes before she took the necklace out and prepared it. She told me how she acquired the crystal embedded and explained why she chose it. I could feel my heart welling up from all the love I felt just by this act alone. I have received countless jewels, built up numerous riches, but the necklace was nothing short of a treasure.

 

Alex went behind me as she placed the necklace around my neck with a kiss on my nape. Shivers went down my spine after her lips departed my neck. I couldn't understand what I was feeling. I was overwhelmed with all that was happening; that I could sense all my anxieties, fears, and worries I've accumulated all these years melt away due to her love.

 

I don't even know what to do. All I could think was to hug Alex tightly and tell her how much I loved her, how I can't live without her. I couldn't stop my tears from falling even if I try my hardest to keep them in my eyes. If only this night would never end, it would've been perfect. I wouldn't mind dying right then and there.

 

Unfortunately, all things must come to an end. Alexandria left once again, and who would've thought that it was the last time I'd be seeing her.

 

 


 

It was two weeks after Alexandria's departure that it happened. I was in my office planning on how to increase our defenses against bounty hunters further when Zilpa rushed in with a crumpled paper at hand.

 

"My lady! I-it's them! The pirate navy is here!"

 

"What do you mean pirate navy? According to Javier's reports, those sons of biscuits are still in Edana."

 

"Alin just sent us an urgent request for back-up for Zipporah village. He said they're under attack, and given the distance, I'd say they sent this two days ago via their fastest horse. They'll be here in --"

 

"In a few hours to tomorrow."

 

"Y-yes, my lady. That's exactly right. What should we do?"

 

"Call in the officers. Tell Devorah to protect the harbor at all costs. Have Hulda set up our outer defenses and Morgan the inner defenses. Tell Merob to take care of our wealth and keep them in the safehouses; it's better to lock them up instead of giving them to someone else. You, Rhachel, and Izebel should evacuate every possible casualty, especially the children, and send them to the islands. Go!"

 

"Understood! By your will, my lady!"

 

I clutch my forehead as I let out a heavy sigh. Why are the bounty hunters who came after my father here now? I knew they were looking for us, but I didn't think they would be here now. How could they have gotten past our defenses? How could they have gotten past my information network? Unless. . . No, that's not important right now.

 

I slam my hands on the desk, which caused the stacked papers to shake and topple over. I head to a cabinet on the corner and open it. It housed my staff and armor. I never knew I would have the chance to wear this again. I remove my shirt and long skirt, replacing them with the white blouse, brown vest, and black pants. I wear my knee-length red boots with black linings and covered myself with my white cloak lined with black designs. It was the clothing I used while I was reclaiming my throne as the pirate queen. I fastened my short silver barrel on my waist as I pull out my black staff that housed a bright red stone on its tip.

 

I take in a deep breath one last time, preparing myself for the upcoming battle. I remember all my frustrations, anxieties, fears, worries, and anger, gathering them all in my heart as I grip my staff tightly. The mana crystal glowed as I succumb myself to my pits of despair. As much I want to use my negativity to fuel my magic, Alexandria's smile shone brighter in my heart than all the other pain in my chest.

 

Feeling Alexandria's love, I held the necklace that hanged around my neck, seeing her face as she laughed at my lame jokes. My staff glimmered brighter than earlier as I fill my heart and mind with nothing but thoughts of the woman I love.

 

"Love conquers all, huh. How fitting."

 

I tell myself as I walk out of the room. I arrived at the hall where my people were waiting for my instructions. I look down at them, my warriors who have geared themselves up and prepared themselves to defend the home they worked so hard to build. I couldn't help but smile as I gaze upon their convicted eyes as if they were born to kill those who attempt to destroy the ordinary lives they have made for themselves. No matter how plain we color ourselves with, no matter how we claim to be humble peasants in a village, no matter how much we deprive ourselves of tasting the sea breeze, we will always be pirates in our cores.

 

"People of the Ziba village, our mortal enemies lie waiting outside our walls. They have come to us intending to wipe us all out. They want to take away the life we have perfected, the lives your children are living, the lives of our people, just like how they took away your previous king, my father, Darius Avital, the greatest pirate king that had ever lived. Are you going to let them do as they please, or will you act like the pirates you are and loot the shit out of those sons of biscuits?!"

 

"BLOW THEM SCRAWNY DOGS TO THE GROUND!"

 

My people responded as they raised their arms to the air, resonating with my desire to protect the life I've created with Alexandria and finally deliver vengeance for my father.

 

"All hail for queen Xandra!"

 

"ALL HAIL QUEEN XANDRA! QUEEN XANDRA! QUEEN XANDRA! QUEEN XANDRA!"

 

My people cheered as they stomped their feet on the floorboards, drumming to the beat of their battle chants while looking up at me.

 

"Let's kill ourselves some scallywag pirates who have abandoned the sea for some biscuits, shall we?!"

 

"AYE CAP'N!"

 

 

 

Here it is guys!! the umm, the long-awaited news on what happened to our beloved Xandra. Everything will be revealed in Chapter 15, so I hope you guys will stick around for the next chapter. Thank you so much for reading!!

11