T W O – H U N T E R
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

________________

Cornelius Point of View

× × × × × × × ×
five days before
the hunting season

 

 

"Members of the jury, hearken as the court does record it. As for the charges against Lord Samuel Melton, your honor, the jury finds that lord Melton is guilty for the crime of murder, rape and physical assault. This is your verdict, so say you all. Please stand up to confirm your verdict." A smile tugs on my lips as I saw that all of jury composed of Alphas stands on their sits. It’s a unanimous decision.

"Thank you jury, you may now sit." Ms. Patterson, the clerk, looked up on me with a hint of satisfaction on her eyes. "You’re honor." She called waiting for my final judgment.

I cleared my throat and stated my spills loudly that my voice reverberate all over the court house.

"The court finds that the verdict is the unanimous verdict of all members of the jury. The court does accept and receive the verdict and orders it entered upon the minutes of this court." My eyes danced around the room as it landed towards Lord Samuel Melton who killed his own brother and his brother’s lover for the sake of money. Hatred was swirling on his eyes as he stared at me but I was already immune for those things.

I averted my attention from him and was caught by two bright green eyes full of gratitude. Ms. Noemi Johnson, one of Samuel's sexual victims and the sister of one of the victims, Marco Johnson.

However those two belong to the lower class and if it wasn't for Samuel's brother and Marco’s lover, Avery Melton, an Alpha, was involved this case will not be happening and fairly judge rather this case will be trashed and the fact that Lord Melton had killed and assaulted someone shall be forgotten and be buried in his skeleton closet. That's how unfair the new laws of this new world were.

As for a judge it was hard for me to condemned people to their death beds without fighting for their rights especially for those people who the government categorizes as lower class. I do believe that some of them were innocent but didn't have the capability to prove that they were because of these ridiculous laws. And I have studied the laws for many years and can't help but compared it to the laws from the previous century; they were written ethically and just.

I was just a small lawyer before with a dream that I could help those in the second class achieved the appropriate justice for them. It was hard but on that time also, my eyes once again saw the truth behind our new laws and our government. Corrupt, rotten, biased. Thus, I have decided for this occupation. I strive and worked harder as I could only to achieve this position that I have now, the Head Judge of the Court of Justice. With this position, I do believe I could make things right especially for the other class. However, I was still a fair person and a judge. Alpha or from the second class as long the person committed a crime and proven with solid evidences was still a crime and my feelings never hindered me when it comes for me to make the right verdict.

But I can't help but still feel incredibly happy every time I administered cases that involved the other class and for them to receive the right convictions they deserve. Like what's happening right now. 

Grabbing the gavel, I raised it and stated my conclusion.

"Upon the power bestowed by the preceding Emperor Direck Di Von Osmund II, I hereby declared Lord Samuel Melton is found guilty for the murder of Lord Avery Melton and Mr. Marco Johnson and rape and physical assault against Ms. Noemi Johnson with solid evidences. And as a written upon the Edict and the fifth rule of the New Earth; those that have committed malefactions and have been substantiated shall be imprisoned and be castigated of eternal death. Hereupon, I Lord Cornelius Damien Von Pendragon, the one who oversee shall revoke Samuel Melton status as an Alpha as well as to be sentence of life imprisonment in the Gate of Yama until you've reached your end." I hammered the gavel down that indicated the ending of this matter.

The Gate of Yama, it was equivalent to the Nirvana Island, which most of the second class criminals being held in and on the other hand this prison was exclusive for all Alphas only. On terms of punishment, this place was twice as hellish as those in Nirvana. Despite having unethical laws against the second class the Alpha Government does not tolerate those who committed crimes whether they may be Alphas or the one who belong to the other as long as it was proven. Alphas having stronger physiques than those who belong to the other class had to receive harder and more oppressive punishments on this prison.

I heard Lord Melton retaliate and spout threats on me but I ignored it. As I said, I was used to these things. A judge having those kinds of views against our laws and never favored his same class, the Alphas, so having an enemy was not new to me. Even the some people on great council of the government looked at me as a threat. Somehow, I was thankful for my family status and father’s position if it is not for those I would be a cold corpse a long time ago. Shaking those ridiculous thoughts, I stood from my chair and let my eyes roamed as the police drag the ranging convict out of the court.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, your duty as jurors is now complete. At the beginning of the trial, the court placed each of you under a number of instructions. The court releases you from all of the instructions that the court has given you. I am now about to discharge you. After your discharge, you will be released from your secrecy. You will then be free to discuss the case and your deliberations with anyone. However, you are also free to decline to discuss and your deliberations if you wish." I announced and ended with a, "Thank you for your service. You are free to go."

Everything was quiet at first when I left my chair and walked towards the exit however when I finally closed the door behind me, I could hear a few shouts of joy and cheers. I smiled, another job well done.

Straightening my robes, I walked on the silent hall whilst humming as I go to my next schedule.

 

 

× × × × × × ×
two days before
the hunting season

 

 

"What will you do, Liu?" I turned my head and raised my brows at the black haired man seated on left side.

The black haired man had brush off the loose strand of his short styled hair. His sharp dark, brown, down turned mono-lid eyes that almost look like black, search my face with a thought. He massaged his sharp straight nose between his fingers and oftentimes bit his lips while his free hand ironed his dark gray suit; a habit of his when stressed. I smiled.

Regardless having a stoic face, he still a softie for his friends and I can’t help but feel touch that I was the reason for his stress because he cares for me. How sweet.

"What do mean, Sebastian?" I responded nonchalantly even thought I already knew what he meant.

"You know what I meant, Liu and you also know that you can't miss this one right?" He continued as he studied my face which I returned with a smirk.

He sighed as his question was answered by my expression. "They will be furious if you do that." He inserted with a fret.

I chuckled.

"They will be.” I playfully answered.

"I want to ditch it too." The thirty years old red haired man that was seated on my right grumbled with a pout on his lips.

He was tall and muscular and that pout on his lips is not suitable for his image. My eyes roamed on his dirty and disheveled appearance. Unshaven beard, red untamed curls were obviously not combed, his glasses that perfectly snug on his aquiline nose were wrapped in a tape clearly that he had broken it somehow, there was also an evident spaghetti stains on his red sweater and despite this is an official matter the man was wearing his pumpkin designed boxer and brown gladiator sandal like what he usually wear on his home. I sighed. I can’t believe that this guy is the CEO of a famous pharmaceutical company.

"Piercival." I chirped.

I raise a bow at him which made his pout bigger; I just shook my head from his antics while Sebastian sighed which I believe it is one of his habits also.

"What is it?" He questioned when he saw our reactions. "Honestly, I rather watch the whole season of My Little Pony all day than interact with old people and people who smell like and talk like one." He grunted as he crossed his thick arms together.

"Also you know what; it was very hard for me to avail those copies. I needed to find some old lower class junkie on the downtown just to get a hold of it and it was fucking expensive! Can't you believe it! Ten thousand dollars per season excluded the movies. My Little Pony has nine seasons and I forgot how many movies it has but the fact was it cost almost hundred thousand dollars. Argh, my wallet is bleeding. Anyhow with those hundreds of dollars I could have bought lots of truck loaded of chicken nuggets because chicken nuggets are my bitch!" He whined making my temples ached from his non-stop blabbering.

"Breathe, Piercival." I ordered while massaging my temples thankfully he listened or else he could choke on his own saliva on how fast he talked. I watched as his chest raise and fall as his breathing stabled then he grinned at me.

"Thank you, Lui." He said but the smile on his face suddenly faded and turned into a sullen expression. "I felt it was a scam." He gloom.

I also believed it was a scam but my friend right here totally falls for it. And not even a second had past when his expression change into happiness once again. *sigh*.  What should I do with this birdbrain?

"But who cares if it was or not; that's fucking MLP! One of the best childhood classic cartoon and Twilight was so cute especially when she grew up she's totally so hot! Damn, I want to fuck her! I mean when she was old enough that I really want to screw her not when she was still a pony cause you know that's pedophilia. You get what I mean right, Seby?" Once again, Sebastian sighed when Piercival turned his attention towards him but before he could answered him, the red haired man had already proceed with his  chattering that has no sense.

"And I know what you’re thinking, Seby. I am not into bestiality. I was just horny lately that I could fuck anything for it. Ah, I'm horny again." He pouted.

I mentally face palmed. My friend was a lost cause and there's no cure for him. I sighed. I really couldn't believe this idiot was also a scientist.

Returning my attention back to him, my eyes followed his when it landed to the IV drip filled with black liquid that have been infused to our body.

"Do you think it did something to me?" He curiously asked the male nurse whose supervising us.

"Alpha Milfiuere you are totally fine." He answered amused but still respectful which Piercival countered cheekily with, "You don't know about that."

"Aren't you the scientist here?" Sebastian argued, clearly annoyed.

If Piercival was loud, Sebastian was his total opposite. He was quiet, cautious and perfectionist that sometimes Piercival carelessness hits his nerves but not in a harmful way but just concerned of his friend recklessness. As the eldest of us three, I too can't help but also be worried about the young man's life decision. The man was worse than a three years old kid having ADHD. That means his hopeless. *sigh*

Piercival snorted. “I also want to know what this thing is but the council were secretive motherfuckers and won't allow me to be part of this whatever research. When I asked why, they just give me the most bullshit excuse I have heard and I quoted 'you are not the right person for this job, Lord Milfiuere'. Excuse me?! Me? Who belong as one of the top ten great scientists of the New Earth? Me? Who created the Atlas Fighter Machines after being inspired by that ancient anime called Mobile Suit Gundam? Me? Who is known for being the living Tony Stark of this century? Not quali–." Before he could even continue his nonsense I had already stuffed his mouth with tissue papers. Ah, it’s finally peace and quiet.

"*sigh*. You could just say one sentence, Piercival. *sigh*. This is what you deserve for being such a blabbermouth." Sebastian sighed as he gazed the silly appearance of our friend. He then shook his head when the ginger narrowed his eyes towards him. "Sometimes I couldn't believe you’re older than me." He then added with a sigh.

"On my part, I couldn't believe he became my friend. My younger self made a huge mistake." I joked. “But I was thankful for the both of you and I will never regret our friendship." I sincerely followed up with a sweet smile on my lips.

A small smile can be seen on Sebastian's lips while Piercival was sobbing his hearts out. I just shook my head, grab the handkerchief on my pocket and wiped the snots of my thirty years old childhood friend.

Despite being born in a family full of wealth and high status, I was never been happy. I was your typical lonely rick kid where parents had no time for. And worst of all, I was the twelfth child of my father among of all his twenty children and my mother was the fifth wife among his seven official wives. Polygyny was now practiced in the New Earth which applicable strictly only to the higher class in order to maintain the lost population of the world and because of that my presence was merely invisible in our house.

My father had ignored all of his children and put more time on his work while his first wife - the one who govern the household prioritize her own children and for her eyes except for her own offspring the others were mere bugs in the house and that includes yours truly. On the other hand my real mother had only seen me as an ATM machine where she could use me to beg money from my father so she could spend it for her expensive desires. My siblings were another issue.

Carrying the surname of my father, a governor-general of the fifth district of the New Earth, no one had the guts to cause trouble for me except only if they bear the same surname. Yes, I was bullied by my own flesh and blood relatives.

That's why I was thankful for this two for giving me the new meaning of family. You don't need to be flesh and blood to be called a family. You only need to trust each other, to love each other and have a bond to become one.

My eyes trailed on the black substance dripping on the infusion. A substance that not even Piercival could decipher. An unknown substance that change me somehow both physically, emotional and mentally aspects.

And as a son of a powerful man, I was made to be unique; to become an alpha among alphas, a dominant among the others.

Not all can be a dominant alpha, not only you have to be born in a prominent family but you had to past certain tests that will test your limits as a human. In fact out of my nineteen siblings only five including me became dominants.

My father was proud because of that as well as the position I had achieved as the Head Judge of the Court of Justice but later was disappointed when I shared my views to him and my decision of only marrying the person I will only love. That left a mark on our relationship as father and son but I never needed any of his approval.

I will live on my own. I will marry the only one person and that person is the one my heart beats for.

I was already thirty two and because of my passion towards my work I had never dwelled myself to enter any relationship. I was busy at work; I reason out every time my colleagues and family ask why I am still single but the truth was it may sound corny but I was waiting.

I am still waiting for that right person. The sole person that I will devote my whole life and offer my eternal love even after death and I hope I could find that person soon.

I sighed.

Looking back and forth to the two dominants with me, I smiled. I am still waiting for that person but right now let's cherish the moments with these two.

"Sebastian as the answer for your question before, yes I am going. I am going to attend the hunting season."

 

To be continued....

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

SMALL THEATER

Cornelius: I want to spend time with the two of you. *smiles*

Piercival: Oh me too! That's why let's go and watch some movies! In fact, I heard from a friend which he heard from his friend who has a friend working in the mall that befriend one of the staff in the cinema that today will the showing of the new version of Twilight. Do you know what is it all about Seby? I bet you didn't, hehe. Don't worry, I will tell you! *giggles* It is a romance movie about a new girl in the town who falls inlove with a cold type of guy who told him not to get close to him but he was the one who always come near the girl and also he was a vampire. My friend also said it was good not like the one from the past which was full of deep sighing and intense staring between the two leads. Hmm... I think the vampire guy was hypnotizing the girl to fall inlove with him through his stares cause I think it's creepy when you stare someone for a long time, right? And you know what, I also heard that vampires glow like diamonds when sunlight hits their skins than turning into ashes. Like how could that hap~ *blah* *blah*

Sebastian: *sigh* Do you still want to spend time with him? *sigh*

Cornelius: You know what, I'm going home and have a good night sleep.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.?

FOLLOW
VOTE
COMMENT

1