F O U R – A L P H A
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

________________
Cornelius Point of View
× × × × × × × ×
Two hours later
before the hunting season
"Lord Pendragon we have arrived."
Looking at the outside the window of the car my caught a very blinding scenery of a white mansion. The design of the mansion was a combination of ancient roman temples and modern architecture adorned by bright lights and rose ornaments. As the breeze passed by petals from the roses sway all over the wind that looks like it was rain long roses and after dancing in the wind it falls all over the carpet making it an improvised rose carpet.
I admire the beautiful scenery for a couple of seconds before turning my head towards the driver signaling him to wait for a minute before opening the door which he nod in return as I took that time to carefully fixed my attire.
The first thing I did was brushing off my hair, I meticulously side parted it like what it was styled then smoothed with my hands the black tailcoat jacket I was now wearing. Next, fixing the brooch attached on the right collar of my coat which was my family's insignia. I also checked if I had buttoned properly my blood red wool vest and positioned my silk black tie and the red handkerchief in the front pocket of my suit. Lastly, I brush off the nonexistent dust on my fitted gray pants with a windowpane patterns and on my black Oxford shoes as well as adjusted the metal belt wrapped on my waist.
My outfit for this day was designed by no other than by Piercival's elder sister and as much I want to wear a non-glamorous attire I have no other choice, I was forced to wear and was repeatedly told to flaunt it elegantly and proudly or else a punishment shall be fall upon me. I mentally shivered thinking what kind of punishment shall I experience that will become my new trauma if I disappointed her.
There was a saying traveling around in the alpha circle for years; you can mess with anyone except for Severine Saint Milfiuere or else you will see what hell looks like and despite having 'Saint' on her name. In fact, she was the exact opposite saint, she is a devil incarnate.
One time a prideful stupid female alpha insulted Severine and the next day a roller-coaster of misfortunes took place on that so called alpha. Sad to say money can make you happy but it can also bring you misery. The more money and influence a person had the more that person had power over others.
In fact, what happened to that alpha was an example; She was disowned by her family, her own company filed bankruptcy, she then lost all of her lovers and her wealth in a blink of an eye and according to my sources the last time the female alpha had been seen was in a club dancing in front of old men with only her birthday suit and it's been five years have already past after that. And all of those thing were all part of Severine's plan which she confidently admit.
One of the perks of being the daughter of a member of the council and the emperor's favorite concubine no one had pointed out her cruelty with those backers no one attempted to.
At first I was perplexed on her punishments however everything has a reason and a person who grew up with Severine. I smiled remembering that time, I was still a fresh lawyer and my sense of justice was burning like a lava and I didn't stope pestering her however she just rolled her eyes at me as I question her and threw an envelope at me.
The envelope contains the crimes of that alpha female. Not only she insulted Severine for building an orphanage and doing some fund raising event for the second class she also done some evil and cruel things as Severine investigate.
The female alpha had sold some of her second class female and male staffs to some alphas in order to gain business deals. After learning about those I tried everything to put that female alpha on jail however there were some alphas who opposed my actions due to underhanded methods the female alpha successfully lessen her sentence to 6 months. The female alpha thought everything will be fine after she went out of jail however she never thought that a devil was waiting for her to be out of the cells before making her experience what hell was. Yes, Severine was waiting for her, making the female alpha lose all of her fame, love and wealth until she begged and lowered her head and making her do what she had did to her staffs before. Selling their bodies. And the female alpha deserved it all of it.
Nevertheless Severine was a lovable, sweet, caring and kind big sister to the three of us especially for her little brothers which she spoiled them too much. As one of those who knew her and grew up with her personally she was a nice person actually just don't really get on her way. Therefore one might just follow her for one's own wellbeing.
I shook my head remembering her sometimes bratty moments.
I smiled and once again continue fixing my attire. Grabbing the black cane with a dragon claw handle holding a diamond - shaped ruby on the middle with my right hand then reached for the half-face mask inspired in a steampunk theme with my free hand which was the theme of this party,. Masquerade". After that, I placed the black cape with a red velvet satin tailored inside on my arms and with all of that fussing, I think I am all set.
I told the driver for him to open the door which he compiled immediately.
When I stepped out of the car I was assaulted by the cool breeze the wind brings and bombarded by the reporters with their infinite questions accompanied with the blinding flashing cameras on their hands. I ignored them and smile in return, posing a couple of times like what Severine instructed before walking towards the glass door and completely away from those pesky reporters' radar.
The staff saw me and bowed down their heads as they politely guided me towards a large golden door.
Even the door was still not opened I could hear the buzzing chatters of the people inside beside the melodious music made by the orchestra.
"May I, my lord?" The staff asked and I nodded.
When he finally opened the door the murmurs had become louder and the view inside fully laid in front of me. I courageously took a step inside as my eyes studied the surrounding.
A big crystal chandelier was hanging above the celling which was painted with the history of Wolodymyr battles and his reign. Alphas scattered all over the place wearing their regal attires and faces hidden behind their masks and some of them are even dancing in pairs in the middle of the room. On the corner of room are set of tables and beautifully placed on top of it were varieties of concoctions also there was a man ruining the wonderful image of it.
The man was wearing dark green metallic coat partnered by a black sleeves, a paisley patterned vest and tie which a bit darker than his coat, a black handkerchief lie on his breast pocket and a black pants snug perfectly on his long muscular legs as well as his newly polished black Oxford shoes. His hair was neatly styled in a quiff were a white rabbit masked with only its upper face was placed on the backed of his head and lastly the man was holding a plateful of mini cakes.
I sighed.
I walked towards the man and when I was close enough I called his name.
"Piercival."
Piercival stopped himself from stuffing his mouth with a cake when he recognize my presence and then he grinned at me.
I let out a groan when I saw his messy appearance. I grab the extra handkerchief on my pocket and wiped off the chocolate stains on his cheeks. He purred on my touch and lean more closely at me.
I sighed.
This big baby.
I pinched his cheeks when I think his clean enough.
"Are you alone?" I asked after pulling my hand away from his cheeks and putting back the handkerchief on my pocket.
He pouted.
"Seby was with me earlier but that bitch fiancé of his took him away and here I am now eating this delicious mini cakes just to distract myself away from loneliness." He said solemnly as he furiously stab the poor macha cake on his plate as he continued to talk.
"And you know what; the food here was so delicious I can't stop myself from munching this babies. So yummy! This is so much better than our chef's cooking. Do you think I should ask management here who made this things so I could hire that person to serve me?"
I helplessly shook my head from his silliness and decided ignore him. I went to the table and grab a glass of champagne but when I turned around I saw the expectant look on his face.
I sighed.
"Piercival, I heard the host of this gala are the Vladislav and also according to the gossip floating around here Heinz personally come up with the food recipes and supervise the kitchen." I said.
I watched him amused when he spit the blueberry cheese cake his been chewing seconds ago on his plate and giving it back to the waiter like he didn't just did that and then he leaned closely at me.
"Do you think it's poisoned?" He whispered, cautiously.
I laughed.
Just because Heinz hates you that doesnt mean he would try to poison everyone attending this party too especially the emperor. *laughs*." He took a step back while a pout formed on his lips as he crosses his arms together like sulking child.
"So are you still going to ask Heinz to serve you?" I teased and his pout just get bigger because of that.
"I rather die than ask that Heinz brat." He grumbled.
"And I rather kill you than to answer any of your stupid question, Milfiuere." Both Piercival and I turned our heads simultaneously and saw three people walking towards us. Two of them were familiar but the last one was a new face. I wonder who he is and why is he making that expression towards us.
I frowned.
"Vladislav." I said to the two people in front.
The smaller one was wearing a white collared flounce sleeve shirt and dark blue leather high waist pants that hug his slender body. A fedora with the same color of his pants sit perfectly on his light brown hair. The black leather boots of his still didn't give him enough height to match the two people with him. His cool green eyes beneath his blue bird mask was full contempt and his downturned lips is sneering at us.
"Pendragon. Milfiuere." The taller Vladislav acknowledged.
He was wearing a wide V-neck maroon silk sleeves showing his muscular chest, a black pants that cling on his thick thighs, a brown Chelsea shoes and an oversized fur coat with paisley patterns sewed on the side hanging on his wide shoulders completed his overall attire. His black hair pompadour was pretty still despite how he shook his head from his younger brother's actions. Also a glimmer of amusement could be seen on his downturned onyx eyes under his Pierrot mask that only covered his upper face while on the same time, the corner of his thin lips was raised forming a small smile on the process.
"What brings you here, Konstantine? And may I know who the man behind you is?" I inquired the taller Vladislav as I put Piercival on my back, shielding him from the deathly glares of the smaller one while my eyes were still glued to the three intruders in front of us especially the man behind the brothers.
The man was dressed in dark red suit, tie and pants with black long sleeves that matches his attire. Brooches were chained together on his bear fur cape and his black boots matches his half leather gloves which was holding his Hanya mask. Different types of piercings was all over his nose as well as on both of his ears and various tattoos on his skin sticking out like a sore thumb. He brush the dark brown fringe on his fade cut hair as the pair of green eyes of his glared at us for no reason.
The man scoffed. "Salvatore. Lord Tyrik Rene Salvatore." He proudly said and I swear internally.
"Eh? Really?" Peircival exclaimed as he looked at him up and down.
You've changed." I commented, amazed from his drastic change.
There are no constant thing in this world, everybody change, Pendragon." He replied with a smirk.
"You're right." I solemnly agreed with a bitter smiled formed on my lips.
"*laughs* He may be physically changed but he still got that hatred towards, Cornelius." Konstantine inserted where he link his arms on the shoulder of his friend.
"Eh? Still can't get over being second place?" Peircival teased which earned him a deathly glare from Tyrik which he made shrinks and hide behind me again.
"Coward." Heinz spat which made me grimaced.
Peircival was right about that golden liquid they have injected on us, it really made us change and he was one of those sample. He became healthy and lively.
"Konstantine control your brother." I ordered.
Peircival may not be youngest out of three of us but he was the weakest. When were young he was very sickly, he often had asthma attacks and always had allergies in different things. And despite being a genius he still felt incompetent for having a weak constitution that's why he became timid and quiet different what he was now that was also the reason Sebastian and I were quite tolerant towards his crazy antics these few years because we know he was reliving the things he couldn't do when he was young.
"Heinz stop that. Look Hanyeol is looking for you go with him and entertain his brothers." Konstantine said while pointing a beautiful young man holding an angel mask.
"Tsk. Whatever." The younger Vladislav rolled his eyes in annoyance but despite that he still followed his older brother's command and walked away from us.
"Geez what an attitude. I feel sorry the one who will marry your brother and of course you too Konstantine for having such a brother." Piercival stated with a pity which made Konstantine chuckled amusedfor his humor.
"Anyway, it was a surprise seeing you here, Pendragon." Konstantine said, changing the topic.
"Hmmm, it was quite funny how the self-proclaimed hero of justice for the peasants is here partying with the people who is going to mass murder them later." Tyrik added with scrutiny.
I glared at him.
"Hey, that's below the belt, four eyes - I mean former four eyes. Anyway, the people Cornelius defended are innocent second class that being framed however the people detained here in Nirvana are different they are all dangerous and high classified criminals." Peircival defended with a puffed.
"It is okay, Piercival." I patted him and looked at Tyrik seriously.
"I still believe the rules established by the Alpha society are unjust and many second class are treated unfairly by it." I leaned closely towards them and whispered the words that only the four of us could hear.
"I am not here to participate nor tolerate this bloody event rather I'm going to stop it, by the way thank you for reminding me what I have to do, Salvatore." I said with my smile and start walking away from three dumfounded men.
"What's does it mean?" I heard Konstantine asked before I was far away from them.
"Huh? Huh?" I bet Piercival was so confused right now.
"Pendragon, are you crazy?!" Tyrik yelled however instead of stopping I continued walking before they could catch up to me.
As I walked, I swiftly evaded and ignored all the people who tried to greet me until I found the man I was looking for and I finally found him.
Emperor Direck Di Von Osmund II, dressed in a white and gold royal clothes with a mask shaped like a lion covered his entire face however the crown on his blonde locks that glitter under the chandelier lights identifying him immediately as the emperor.
I tried to approach him and I noticed that he was not alone.
On his right side he was holding a woman and it was no other than Severine who dressed in a beautiful white ball gown adorned by diamonds that matches her rabbit mask she was holding that was also made from diamond. Severine on the other hand was giddily whispering something towards a female which was no other than Osmund's first wife, Empress Daralis Veron Edevane wearing a lovely backless red mermaid gown and a wolf mask made of rubies and if it's not for the golden crown on her head I would not noticed that she was the empress because she wasn't dressed flamboyantly like Severine and lastly next to Dalaris was no other than my own father Atherol Von Pendragon on his black clad suit chatting with the emperor.
"Cornelius!" Severine beckoned as soon as she saw me approaching and her companion attention drifted to me. I smiled at her however before I could go near someone grabbed my arm and dragged me away from their sight.
I looked at the man that interrupted my plans. His black three piece suit was now disheveled, his black hair that once styled before was now unruly and wet from his sweat. He took a deep breath before he tore away his ying-yang designed mask showing his pair of onyx eyes blazing with anger.
"Cornelius, stop whatever the heck you are going to do." Sebastian warned seriously
"Piercival called you." I stated as a matter of fact.
"Yes." He confirmed. "And he is worried that you will do something that will put you in danger." he fretted.'
"Don't worry everything is alright." I assured him.
"No it's not." He stressed out.
Ive know you since we are little; you are stubborn when you want something and you will that rules are unfair but you are not a saint, Cornelius. Whatever this method you've come up on helping the second class, you can't save every one of them. Even you threaten or rebel toward the emperor and the rules you will just only sacrificing yourself and will just put everyone in danger especially those people. It's been years since the rules have been establish, everything has already do everything in order to achieve it even the situation became dangerous. I agreed integrated on every one's mind and some of us already born with it we can't change it easily. So stop it please, I don't want something to happen to you." Sebastian pleaded as he squeezes my arm tightly not wanting to go anywhere or begging me to forget doing anything. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"Sebastian, I have somet--"
*ring...* *ring...* *ring..*
I signal Sebastian to wait as I grabbed my phone in my pocket and looked who was the one's calling. A scowl marred on my face when an unknown number was shown nevertheless I still answered it.
"Hello." I greeted.
"You hesitated."
My heart almost stop beating when I heard that familiar voice. I suddenly felt nervous and can't help but gaze around my surroundings to find that person on the crowd and Sebastian noticed my weird reaction.
"Where are you?!" I inquired a bit loud making Sebastian frown and felt something amiss.
"You are such a soft hearted person, Lord Pendragon. Despite whatever you say you still can't eliminate your roots. Tsk .Tsk. We plug them out from where they're standing are the only way to clean the world." the caller continued.
"Stop doing this, it's not the right action to all of this." I stated while giving a signal to Sebastian which he quickly understood and tried to help me looked around for any suspicious person.
"Haha. And what do you want us to do sit and wait like an obedient dog?! We already did that however we no longer like that! We are now rabid and we ready to bite back! Hahaha!" I closed my eyes firmly as I tried to block off that person's laughter.
Shit!
"Ah, that's right, I saw what you deed before didn't I say just act normal, Lord Pendragon? Why did you tattle a little bit of information towards the other mutts? What do you think will happen to those little cute kittens because you disobeyed us? However, it's okay everything is still under our plan. So bye-bye for now, Mr. Liu Liu we had a party to enjoy. Haha-" I angrily cut off the call and hurriedly dialed a number however only customer services answered me.
"Fuck!"
"Cornelius what's going on?" Sebastian asked with worry.
"This event is a trap, Sebastian." I stressed out of frustration.
"What do yo--" before he could complete his sentence he was interrupted by a loud music and both eyes drifted to where it came from.
A man clothed and masked like a Pierrot was standing on middle of the stage and on his back were tables containing different kinds of weaponry while behind him was the Emperor and the other higher ups sitting on their specific seats.
"Good morning lords and ladies. I am your host for today and I would like to welcome you all to the celebration of 100th year of the hunting season." he announced which accompanied by everyone's applause.
I looked at Sebastian and made him faced by grabbing bot of his shoulders. "Sebastian, there's no time to explain me must protect the emperor and everybody." I sternly said. "Believe me, please." I added though it took him seconds before he nod which made me sighed on relief.
"Then what should we do." he inquired.
"We must tell or give a signal to my father. He knows what's going on. Though we are highly prepared, we still don't know when the enemy will attack and that's why we need to be cautious." I uttered which he agreed.
We both swiftly walked towards the crowd still I couldn't help but felt nervous.
"What the fuck?!"
"Hey."
"What's where you going, idiot!"
I heard series of complains and curses as I squeezes my way in to the ground however I ignored them as I hurriedly try to get near the stage.
"I would like to invite our beloved emperor here in the center to bestow blessing for the sacred items for this season." I heard the host stated and saw emperor walking away from his sit. I immediately ran my way because I have a hunch something going to happened but before I could near I detected Sebastian's voice shouting my name somewhere when I tried to look back him and saw Konstantine stopping him.
I was torn between where to go but before I could decide someone already grabbed both of my arms and tried to drag me away and that person was no other than Tyrik.
"Get out of my way, Salvatore." I warned.
"Stop doing something stupid, Pendragon." He countered.
"Let go of me! Everyone is in danger!" I yelled as I fought to escape from his grip.
"No you are the danger here." he concluded.
Even so Tyrik still refused and continued to pull me over. I thrashed my way in order to break free but he had a strong grip at me and as frustration started to build up for all the seconds I have wasted, I had no other choice but to do the thing I could only come up in order for my father to notice the problem despite ruining the plans.
"Father, protect the emperor!" I screamed out of my lungs.
I have no idea if my father had heard me or did he made an action after that.
The only thing that I could hear was the sound of loud noise ringing all over my head. An invisible forced hit me as pain surged all over my body. And suddenly, everything suddenly turned black.
To be continued....
___________________________________
Good day, I decided to update this every Monday. I hope you will like the new chapter.
Read.
Vote.
Like.
Follow.

0