Chapter 2: Monsters die themselves when they meet me
1.1k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

'When you are facing danger~♩  Just call Ba-Ba-Barbies~♫' 

Going towards the railway station, King was whistling his favourite song in his mind. Today he was going to City S and hide there for the whole day and wait for the monsters in Ciy A to be solved.

What? 

He is a coward?

Who cares. Atleast he would be able to live his life safely this way. Who knows what type of monster is terrorizing the City A. While the heroes are dealing with it, he would happily buy the new games of NekoNeko.

King happily boarded on the train while covering himself partly with a hood. He wasn't popular now but who knows some weirdo might recognize him.

 

In City A

"Lightening Kick!"

"Gigantic Drill Stinger!"

"Tomboy Thrust!"

Clash! Clank! Bam!

"T-This. Even attacks of three A-class heroes couldn't leave a scratch on him." Lightening Max despaired.

"Maybe we should run away. Even my sting couldn't do anything." Stinger said.

"Yes we have failed our duty as heroes." Spring Moustachio said while bowing slightly.

"Hee-hee" A large green monster with big eyebrows laughed at the despairing heroes. "I am Feeder-man. I feed at all your emotions of bravery, confidence and pride and become stronger and stronger whereas you would get weaker over time. I am the most powerful in this world!" 

"Sir" A association worker ran toward the heroes while holding a phone. "I have just requested backup from the Hero association. They say they have sent our location to a S-class hero. Just please stop the monster till then."

Hearing these words, the heroes regained their confidence.

"What? S-class is coming. Don't worry we will stop this monster right here, right now!"

"See my gigantic sting and be in awe monster."

"As a hero, it is our duty to stop monsters."

They looked in front and saw the empty ground.

"Sir the monster has run away!" The association worker said while pointing at the direction of running monster.

"..."

"Follow it!" All three of the exclaimed and ran toward it.

But the association worker from before stood still and looked at the rushing heroes.

"No. He is too strong. The association might have miscalculated." He pushed his glasses from the bridge of his nose. "He might even be...Demon level threat."

At the other side

"Hee-hee. Do you think I am a fool? I am not like those other monsters who fight regardless of the enemy and get killed. I would never fight a losing match. I would first get stronger by absorbing the emotions from other people and then destroy the whole Hero Associaion. Hee-hee." 

Feeder-man laughed to himself while running toward other cities.

..........................................................................

King left the train and went towards the gaming store. Suddenly he heard screaming of people coming ahead of him.

"Aah! Somebody save us!"

No way.

"Graa-ha-ha-ha."

It can't be.

And then King saw people running away from a grotesque monster while screaming. The monster had two horns on his head and large tentacles coming from his back.  

"I am Octopon. I ate so many octupus that I turned into one. Now I will lead the octupus to destroy humans and rule the world! Gra-ha-ha."

King was so scared that his legs gave away and he didn't even have strength to run away. 

Octopon was a proud monster. From the tim he became a monster, he had never encountered any human who was not scared of him. But today, for the first time he saw a person who no only did not ran from him, but also stood in front of him blocking his way.

"Ha? Why aren't you running away twerp?" Octopon said while bringing his face so close to the man that even his saliva might get on him. "Do you wish to die?"

Fwoosh.

The breath from the monster's large mouth due to his defeaning voice blew away the hood the man was wearing. The man stared at him and a ominous sound started coming from him.

Ba-dump Ba-dump 

"This-"

"Is this a hero?"

Ba-dump Ba-dump Ba-dump 

The monster looked at the face half-covered with a scar and those eyes staring at him which looked like they could swallow him whole. He didn't know when but he started trembling. This was his body's subconscious response of prey meetting predattor.

"I-I know who it is. It is A-class hero King! He is said to be strongest newcomer hero in history. It is said that he defeated five tiger threats when he was just a C-class heroand a demon threat when he was B-class hero."  A green-haired youth said.

"What?"

"We are saved."

The monster looked at King with a fearful expression. He couldn't even say a word in fear while trembing.

Ba-dump Ba-dump Ba-dump

"This is the King Engine! It is said that no monster survived after hearing this sound!" The green-haired man said in an excited voice.

Yes, the sound was the power King posessed. It was the King Engine!

Whenever King got scared, a loud sound of beating came from his heart. And then...nothing! It worked just as a sound effect. 

But King didn't notice these things a bit. His mind was somewhere else entirely.

Why? Oh why? Even when going to a different town I encounter a monster. And look at that face, those tenacles. He look so scary. Why am I experiencing something like this even when I am so-

"Weak."     

King's deep voice resounded in the whole plaza.

"What? King said he was...weak?"

"The demon threat monster is weak? Yes he is weak for a hero like King!"

"So handsome, so manly."

"King! King! King!" Cheers started echoing, enlivening the whole place.

'Huh?' King woke up from his stupor and looked around in confusion. 'What is going on? Why are they cheering for me?'

"YOU THINK I AM WEAK? ME? WEAK?" Octopon roared in anger. He was so furious that his anger surpassed his reason. His arms, legs and chest stared bulging and veins exploded on his forehead as he started becoming larger and larger. "NOW TELL ME AGAIN. DO YOU DARE SAY I AM WEAK?"

Seeing such a terrifying scene, King felt his soul left his body and fainted on spot while standing and drool started coming out of his mouth which fell on the monster's feet.

Just let me faint.

"What? King spitted on him?!"

"He is saying that even if you transform, you are nothing in front of me?!" The green-haired man felt tears coming out of his eyes.           

"This is a true hero!"  

"King! King! King!"

Fuck aleast let me faint. Why are you cheering so damn loudly?

King woke up again after hearing such commotion 

"YOU BASTARD! EVEN NOW YOU ARE SAYING I AM WEAK?"

No my lord. When did I ever said that? That damn green-haired person in audience said those words! That is you should go to him.  

King roared in his mind but he was frozen in fear and only intermittent sounds could come out of his mouth.

"No...eve....n...wor...th...y"

"WHAT? YOU SAID THAT I AM NOT EVEN WORTHY TO FACE YOU?"

Fuck did your damn ears get smaller when you body became enlarged?

"I WILL SHOW YOU MY POWER, HERO. DIEE!!!"

King closed his eyes and accepted his approaching death in despair.

Boom! The monster exploded in flesh and blood and pieces of him started falling everywhere. 

Heh? Am I still alive?

"Is this the power of king?"

"Idiot. King hadn't even shown a bit of his power! He closed his eyes and a flick of his strength blew that demon threat monster to dust!" The green-haired said with a worshipping expression on his face. 

You greeny. I have rememberd you!

If it wasn't for him, would anyone know he was a hero? 

But how did that scary monster die?

When King was wondering about the monster's death, he heard a strange laughter behind him.

"Hee-hee. His pride and anger were too tasty. At this rate, I would become a Dragon-level monster!"

Yes! It was Feeder-man. He had eaten Octopon's emotions when Octopon was going to attack King. Octopon was already in berserk state and the sudden drain of his power resulted in the explosion and his death. 

"A monster!"

"When did he come?"

"I will eat your emotions and become stronger, King! Hee-hee-hee. Now let me see how you- what?!" Feeder-man became bewildered.

He was completely stunned. He couldn't sense any strong, powerful or even optimistic emotions on the person standing in front of him.

No confidence, no pride, no courage.

There were not even any hatred or joy after seeing him.  

It was just as if seeing a flea. There would be no trace of fluctuation if you saw something so

Insignifcant. 

Yes, he felt that he was like an ant to the man standing in front of him.

He realized the man in front of him was a Monster.

At that moment, the King Engine started roaring once again 

Ba-dump Ba-dump Ba-dump

"Is this the sound of King Engine?"

"This monster is going to die too!"

"King is too strong for A-class! Demon threats are nothing to him!"

Was the King really so strong that he became indifferent of killing monsters?

No way!

It was just the fault of the Feeder-man. He had experienced fights with many heroes and whenever the battle started, he would absorb the hero's confidence, their courage and even their hope.

He also absorbed joy of some other battle-junkies 

This would not only make the hero self-doubting and lower their confidence, but also their strength would become weaker.

But he had miscalculated!

King was not an ordinary hero. He didn't have a trace of such emotions in himself.

Confidence? Yes he was confident that he would die in seconds from attack of even a tiger -class monster.

Courage? Yes he was so courageous that his 'King Engine' started beating at every turn.

Hate? He hated the world, not monsters. Why couldn't he be born in some peaceful world?

Joy? 

Ptui! Spit on that joy! Who would be happy after seeing such ugly monsters?

The only emotion King felt after meeting these monsters was terror.

Yes he was extremely terrified of them!

If Feeder-man had the power of absorbing fear, he would have directly soared to God-class after meeing King! 

"King! King! King!" Cheers were continiously sounding in the place.

"YOU! DO YOU UNDERESTIMATE ME SO MUCH?" Veins started bulging and the Feeder-man started enlarging with muscles. He understood that King treated him as a speck of dust. He had never been underestimated so much before!

Fuck I have seen this script before.

King got a sudden sense of deja-vu. 

"DIEEE!"

The punch was just a milimeter away from King when suddenly a voice sounded behind him. 

"Atomic Slash."

Slash!

Thousands of thin lines of blood appeared on monster's body and he got cut in uncountable pieces of flesh.

A man wearing kimono with sharp eyes stood in front of King.

S-class Hero Rank 4- Atomic Samurai! 

When every one was at a loss what was going on, the man pointed his sword at King and said in a deep voice.

"Fight me, King."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

34