Chapter 3: Your sword is rusty Atomic Samurai
1.1k 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Fight me King" Atomic Samurai's voice echoed in King's ears.

'Huh?'

King became very confused. It wasn't that he didn't know who the middle-aged man in front of him was. He was a avid reader of One-punch Man in his past life. Not only did he read the manga, he had also watched the anime. He had even read various conspiracy theories of Saitama's bald head!

He remembered was that Atomic Samurai liked to fight strong opponents to test his swordsmanship skills. 

But what baffled him was why was Atomic Samurai coming to him to test his skills?

He was just an A-class weak chicken who didn't even know to lift a sword!

And even that hero class was obtained due to Saitama-sensei!

When he was puzzled, Atomic Samurai spoke again.

"I know you are very strong, King. Even when that monster was so close, you didn't attack because you knew that he wouldn't be able to hurt you. I want to fight a strong man like you!"

Actually this was only one of the conjecture of Atomic Samurai.

He also had a different speculation.

It was that from the beginning King had predicted everything! He had sensed Atomic Samurai's presence and knew that when the monster was so close, Atomic Samurai would cut him and didn't showed any urge of attacking back. 

But to predict the future of a battle so skillfuly, and even having so much confidence to remain standing in front of the monster without showing any signs to attack,

It was terrifying!

Truthfully, Atomic Samurai didn't want his second conjecture to be true.

Because that would mean that even what he was doing right now by challenging King would be in his predictions! 

He looked at the man standing in front of him, and the sharp eyes forged through countless battlefields which seem to see through everything that looked at him told him everything.

He was right! 

Everything was in King's plan! 

'But what is his motive of making me challenge him?' Atomic Samurai thought.

He believed that King might have also predicted his challenge as he should have known his personality. 

While Atomic Samurai was pondering about this, King was also brainstorming for ideas.

Yes he was thinking aout how to escape his current predicament! 

Fight Atomic Samurai? Fuck do you think I am crazy? Look at that katana. He would cut me like tofu!

Meanwhile Atomic Samurai also reached a conclusion.

'Fight him. I would know the truth when I fight him.' Atomic Samurai thought as his fighting spirit started surging.

Unforutnately, his conclusion was disasrous for King.

"Let us start King!" Atomic Samurai shouted. "Show me what you got!"

The crowd around both of them also started gushing with enthusiasm and excitement. After all, who witness a battle of S-class everyday?

But who is King? He is a man who had outlived death countless times! 

King looked at Atomic Samurai with gae and said in his heavy voice.

"Atomic Samurai, look at your sword."

"My...sword?" 

"Yes. It has become old and rusted. If you fight me now, it would become even more damaged.

Are you confused?

Are you shocked?  

King laughed to himself when he saw Atomic Samurai's tangled expression.

Yes! King used the 'slander-to-delay' tactic.

He slandered that Atomic samurai's beloved sword had become old and rusted and might even break if they fought(even though he knew he would be cut in one move)

He believed that Atomic Samurai would value his treasured sword extremely and become furious after hearing his words. Atomic Samurai, a pure swordsman wouldn't want to fight with such a brazen and rude person.

Just then he would rush to propose a rematch later and run away from this cursed city!

He didn't believe that Atomic Samurai could chase him to his home. 

When these thought were galloping in his mind like wild horses, something entirely else was going through Atomic Samurai's mind.  

King said there is rust on my sword?

No, this sentence looks like he is mocking my sword on the surface, but he has deep hidden meanings.

Does he want to say that my swordsmanship has dullen due to my arrogance?

But what does he mean by it might become even more damaged when fighting him?

Does he wish to fight me in my best state and convey that right now I am not able to show the utmost of my skills? 

Atomic Samurai glanced at King with a deep look.

King also saw him looking at himself. 

Yes do you see! Are you now worrying about your swordsmanship being wasted on me?

"Ahem-Atomic Samurai." King looked at him deeply. "We...should fight later."

King.

Do you know my thoughts and that I want to train my skills again.

Do you want to say that you would fight me later so that it would be a fair match even after getting a chance to gain fame after defeating a S-class hero?

Atomic Samurai looked at King with a complex gaze.

"King. I will wait for you to reach S-class. We will have a good match then."

Atomic Samurai said and started leaving. He was sure that it was impossible for King to not reach S-class after sometime. Such a powerful person couldn't stay hidden for a long ime.

 Today he found a man worthy of being his opponent and his friend. He felt that even if he lose to such an opponent, he wouldn't be too sad. Such was the comaraderie between men.

On the other side, King glared at the departing Atomic Samurai.

Nima, do you wish to curse me even before leaving?!

You become S-class! Your whole family become S-class!

King almost vomittted blood in anger.

 

*************************************************************

 

King woke up very late next day. The day before was too tiring for him.

He sat in front of the table and started reading newspaper while drinking coffee.

A big handline covered the whole front page.

[Shock! A-class hero King killed two Demon threats in one blow?]

"Pfft!" King almost spitted his coffee in front of him when he read the headline.

He almost tore the newspaper with the deathly look in his eyes and started reading frantically.

[Yesterday a demon threat monster was found in the S city. He was ravaging and killing people ruthlessy. Seeing this scene, the people were running distressed but a hero answered their calls. King, a A-class rank 32 hero stood in front of the monster and destroyed it in one blow. But asoundingly, even a more dangerous monster who had escaped siege of three A-class heroes attacked him sneakily. But instead of being tormented in such dire strais, he countered and killed him with a ounce of his power and cut him in countless pieces.

                  One of green-haired enthusiastic citizen provided us with he full description of he situation. Quoting the originally said lines by him, "Mr. King is too strong. When the monster was boasting his power in front of him, he said-Ptui(spitting) You are nothing in front of me, you weakling." and "Mr. King didn't even touch the second monster. Just hearing his King Engine, the monster got pulverized!"  He also told us that S-class hero Atomic Samurai requested match to King but got scared by his power!

                   With this we would like to conclude that we have seen rise of a new S-class who could be the strongest S-class ever!]

King scanned other news and almost all of them were filled with similar content and testimonies from other people.  

Kill you. If I won't kill you, my name is not King! 

King vowed to kill 'greeny' in his mind.

But after his anger subsided, he couldn't help but feel deep loneliness and a sense of powerlessness.

When did I start killing monsters in one blow?

When did my King Engine started tearing monsters two pieces?

Is this fucking 'Captain America' really me in the newspapers?

And why do you say that second monster was killed by me? Wasn't it Atomic Samrai?

King really wanted to cry this moment. 

How could he prepare when the pot came from sky?              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

33