Chapter 5: Money Heist for Me
814 8 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"N- No way! How can this be?"

King looked at the status unfolded right in front of him in pure astonishment.

He couldn't believe something like this could happen after using Gospel of Devil.

The information displayed by system description was right!

He might really go crazy after using it!

 

******12 Hours Ago*******

 

"Yum!" A little kid was biting his lollipop happily when a something like a sudden gust of wind blew past him.

"Uhhh?" The little kid was stunned and looked at his pockets in daze and found tens of lollipops missing which he had hidden from his mother to eat later. He saw a weird man wearing hood who had stolen his lollipops in front of him and running away. 

Suddenly the man stopped, turned his face toward him, showed him the lollipops in his hands and laughed strangely.

"Hehehe. How do you like that, little boy? No kid can protect his lollipop from me."

The kid and the man stared at each other for a moment when suddenly the kid cried out loud. 

"Uwaaaah! Mommmyyy!" 

[You gained +1 Villain points]

"Hahaha. I am going to reach twenty points soon!" King laughed.

[...Host, are you really going to continue like this?]

"Isn't this the best way to earn Villain points quickly? Not only am I stealing their lollipops, I am also stealing their childhood happiness. This may even become a trauma for them when they grow up. Aren't I the worst villain already?" 

[Host, you are really shameless]

King just ignored the mocking of the system.

It wasn't that King wasn't really ashamed by stealing lollies of little children, but he really had no choice! King could not think of any other way to earn Villain points. Even though he didn't consider himself to be a 'hero', King was a modern young man of twenty-first century after all. T He really couldn't just kill, loot or burn like a murderer or an arsonist. On top of that, he could become a wanted criminal if he did such crimes! 

However, earning points like this was really slow. It had been almost two days but he could only earn a dozens of point. 

'No, I can't continue like this!' King shook his head to clear his mind. He felt that it would take almost tens of years even to get strength equivalent to just a B-class hero if he continued like this. 

I would do it.

King clenched his fists as he strengthened his determination.

I would to commit a big crime!

 

********************

 

Wee-oww! Weee-oww!

The sirens sounded noisily as the security guards rushed inside the bank. They looked around in haste to find the burglar who had broken and stolen the safes but they failed to notice the girl hiding right besides them.

The girl had long golden hair which curled at the end. Her clothes were worn-out and she looked poor from her attire but she still oozed beauty. She looked young, only about a high-schooler of seventeen or eighteen.

"~Hic"

The girl let out a single sob as she quickly covered her mouth with her hands but tears were still streaming down her face.

I,I will save my mother.

Her name was Yuki Himari. She had a single mother who had brought her up till now while shouldering all the pains and difficulties. A month ago, she led a normal life of high-schooler albeit a little poor. Going to school, talking and laughing with her friends and working as a waiter in a cafe. It was an ordinary life, but a merry life. However, that day two months ago was the start of ruin for her. Her mother took a loan from 'Sharkbite Loans and Co.' to pay for rent of their house. Someone had told her that this was a trustable loaning company. This was the beginning of hell for her.

They had fooled her mother to sign in a different paper and made her owe debt of hundreds of thousands. They had come to know about her superpower [Thief]. She could not only break locks, but also move stealthily and hide her presence. She didn't knew how they got wind of it but they took her mother as a hostage and forced her to rob banks. She couldn't even go to police or Hero Association as they had legal documents with her mother's signature with that huge amount of doubt. If only someone could save-

Yuki quickly came out of her lingering thoughts and hurriedly carried the bag containing the money and ran away from the bank. She didn't wanted to lose her focus because of dwelling on past and such meaningless hope. But due to her distracted mind, she wasn't able to concentrate in front of her.

Suddenly, she crashed into a person. She looked and saw a man covering his face with a hoodie. He looked tall and strong. She didn't knew why, but she felt a dangerous aura from that man.

The man looked at her as she felt shivers going down her spine.

********************

King had already decided what crime to commit.

He would steal!

No, it wouldn't be like stealing a huge sum. He didn't want to have the Hero association on his tail after all. He just wanted to steal a bag or a purse of someone and run away quickly!

While he was lot in his thoughts, King couldn't notice the person in front of him.

Bam

He was going to apologize when he saw that a small girl had ran into him. She held a big bag in her hands. She was holding it tightly as if it contained some secret treasure.

'Bingo! This bag definitely has something big in it!' King exclaimed in his mind.

He quickly grabbed the bag from the girl and started running away without looking back.

Bella Ciao Bella Ciao Bella Ciao Ciao Ciao~♩ ♫♩    

King almost wanted to sing in happiness. He was finally successful in committing a big heist!

He kept running and running until he reached some place far from there.

Huff-huff. Hehe. Sorry to you girl but I am going to get some Villain points from you.

After a while he looked back to confirm no one was following him but astonishingly saw that the girl was still chasing behind him!

Nima. Why is she following me? Are even the little girls so brave now? Directly start running after the criminal? The movies deceived me! 

King started to run again in pain. But he knew that he wouldn't be able to keep this up for long with his pathetic stamina.

Unknowingly, he started going towards a deserted power station.

**********************

N-No. I can't let him go.

The man had taken the bag from Yuki and was running away. The bag contained all her stolen money. It was her last hope to pay her debts and save her mother. 

Suddenly the man stopped after reaching a deserted place. It was a power station which looked like it had been completely abandoned. Wires were running throughout the place and a creepy atmosphere surrounded the place as if it was set for a horror movie.

What is his plan? Yuki gulped in nervousness when she saw he had stopped in such a place. The surroundings completely erried her. She felt that he might plan to dispose of her and that's why he had brought her to such a place. However she couldn’t back down. The money was equivalent to the life of her mother. She didn't knew that King just didn't have enough energy to keep running, and that was why he had stopped running.

"You-"

Before she could complete her sentence, she suddenly heard voices of people behind her.

"You really brought us far, little lady."

"Hah. She really knows to run!"

"Hehehe. I hope she keeps her energy for later. Hehe."

She turned back to see three men with guns behind her.

"You! Why are you here?" Yuki said in horror. They were the people of 'Sharkbite Loans and Co.' They were the ones who had forced her to such a situation. They had told her they would let her mother go once she steals enough money but she didn’t knew why they were following her.

“I-I already have enough money. I just have to get it back.” Yuki tried to hide her fear.

"Kukuku. You are really innocent, little lady. We are on the orders of Boss Shark. That money you stole, it won’t count ‘cos we will keep it for you. Kukuku, you have to earn a lot more to pay off you debts"

"B-But this is already much more that three hundred thousand!" Yuki couldn’t believe her ears.

"Hahaha. She is so foolish. Didn’t you see the interest. The total  amount is in millions"

"Hey, hey. Don't be so mean to our little lady. She is our bank after all. Kekeke."

"Why don't you try paying off with your body? Maybe then we could put a good word in front of Boss Shark. Kuhaha."

Yuki felt that something had broken inside her. She felt like she had fell into the deepest despair she would never be able to escape from.

No way. What have I been suffering all this for?  

Yumi had tears streaming down her face. If she had a little bit of hope left, she had really lost all of it now.   

Why? Why? Why? Why? 

Why is this happening to me? Why is-

Thud

The sudden sound made all of them look above. They saw the man they had been ignoring. He was standing in an imposing manner and had dropped the bag down as if to show his presence.

The bag broke open and countless banknotes scattered in front of him.

"And who are you?"

"Whatever. It was his bad luck hearing our conversation. Damn, he also broke the bag."

"Kukuku. Looks like we would have to silence him. This is also all your fault Yuki. Kuhahaha."

Oh no. He would die. He would die because of me. Maybe it would be better for me to disappear from this world…

“No, you can’t die!” The sudden voice of the mysterious man who had snatched the bag earlier woke Yuki. He was looking at her with determined eyes. It was as if some unknown fire was burning in them.

Suddenly, cool wind blew past bringing goosebumps to the thugs' arms. The banknotes flew here and there and got in front of them. But what was even more terrifying was that the man's face was revealed after the wind blew his hood. A face so terrifying. It was as if a demon had crawled from hell itself!

Ba-dump Ba-dump 

Cold sweat emerged from the ruffians' faces as they heard the ominous sound. No, it wasn't just a sound. It was as if the God of Death himself was announcing their deaths.

One of the ruffian left the cigarette fall from his hand as he looked at the man in front of him with pure terror.

He didn’t notice that the cigarrate fell on the banknotes, igniting the notes near the electric wires.

"Y-You who are you?"

The man rose his head and looked at him in the eyes.

"I...am...."

Boom.

*******************************

I am dead I am dead I am dead

I am really dead this time.

King was so terrified that he felt that he was seeing the God of Death coming to take him to underworld.

He only wanted to steal a little money and earn some little villain points. How could the situation  suddenly evolve into three muscular bandits brutally  murdering him. He really wanted to curse at his luck. 

“No, you can’t die.” King said to himself. He had to keep his cool. Yes, they were just three little bandits. He had faced much more terrifying monsters. They were just three…

Little bandits my ass!

They had such scary faces and they looked so strong. King couldn’t stop himself shaking with fear.

King suddenly noticed that a fire was near one of the bandits. Before he could understand what was going on…

Boom.

The blast was so powerful that King felt his hair flying due to the impact.

He saw that the three bandits were almost half-dead and even the girl was heavily wounded. In panic, he quickly wrapped his jacket around her to stop her bleeding and called the Hero Association.

Oh shit! I forgot I was one of the criminal myself!

King had to once again drag his overly-tired body out of there so that he wouldn’t get caught.    

 

***************

 

When Yuki, opened her eyes, she found that she was in the treatment ward of the Hero Association. After she woke up, the executive told her what happened after she fainted there.

"I-Is that really true?"

Yuki felt she was in a dream. Otherwise, how could something like this happen to her? He told her that she was saved by King, the strongest newcomer! He must have noticed that she had stolen money from the bank. But instead of sending her to the prison, he took the responsibility on himself and saved her from those people. He must have sensed them following her and took them to such a deserted place so that no passerby would get injured. Yuki still remembered the huge terrifying blast. She couldn’t believe that a human was capable of something like that!

"Yes. The assailants have been arrested and they would no longer trouble you." The executive had a kind smile on his face.

"B-But I have a d-debt-"

The executive replied with a hearty laugh.

"Haha. Don't worry. King-sama has already contacted me to and paid his own money to repay it back. You are free now."

He remembered the conversation he had had earlier. It was the first time King-sama had taken initiative to call them.

'King-sama is really kind.'

 ◇

**2 Hours Earlier**

King felt that he could get the summons for prison anytime now. The little girl had definitely seen his face. He had not only tried to steal her money, but also almost killed her because of the explosion. Even though he had not caused it, he still held some responsibility for it after all. Right now, she must be in the Hero Association.

‘No way. I can't just wait for her to tell them it was me!' King was pacing in his room nervously.

Yes. How did I forget? I am a hero!

King was a hero, an A-class hero on that. He forgot that he should have enough money in his bank. 

He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed the phone number of the executive of Hero Association.

Rring-rring.

"Hello, sir King?" It was the brother who had cursed him to become S-class. However right now, King had no time to ponder over old grudges.

"Is this hero association? Can you help me transfer 2 million from my account to the little girl just saved?”

"T-Two millions. Are you sure, sir King?"

"Yes." 

King knew it was a huge amount even for him. But he could only give all his savings reluctantly crying without tears. He wanted to silence the girl's mouth with this hush money. If she really quibbled on him, he would seriously turn into a runaway criminal! 

“King-sama. Thank you.”

“Huh? Uh, Okay”

King got confused why he was suddenly being thanked by the executive without a reason.

As I thought, this executive brother really had something wrong with his head.

 ◇

Yumi felt tears of joy coming out of her eyes. She and her mother were finally safe.

"T-thank you!" 

"You should thank King-sama. He was the one who helped you."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Yuki hugged the jacket the man had wrapped around her and murmured her gratitude while sobbing.

 

***************

 

Should I use it?

King decided to use 'Gospel of Devil after some deliberation. Even though he was not really able to complete his robbery, he had tried at least, right? He should be able to get a handful of points...

King opened the Gospel of Devil. It looked like an ordinary diary except it was completely black and it felt that it was made of leather.

King grabbed his pen and started writing today's happenings.

[Today I did a heinous crime! A cute girl bumped into me when I wasn't looking but instead

of apologizing to her, I grabbed the precious bag she was holding tightly and ran away from

her. I used hush money to spread corruption and silenced her mouth! I also stole a dozen of

lollipops from a little kid and made him cry! I am really a villain  who is serious about his work!]

Hehe. Now I should be able to earn hella lot of villain points!

However, to King's astonishment, when he completely wrote his entry, the diary started shining with a red light and the words started changing.

[Today I performed another good deed. I saved a girl who was committing the crime of 

burglary and brought her back from the darkness. I not only protected her from ruffians, 

but also helped her in paying her enormous debt and freed her from an evil organization. 

PS: I also helped a diabetic kid by taking his lollipops.]

King didn't have enough time to come out from his shock when his status screen opened in front of him by itself and the values started changing.

[Villain points ▼]

[Villain points ▼]

What the fuck is happening?!

Watching the points falling, King felt like he was watching stocks dropping in his previous world. However the difference was that these stocks were made from his blood and tears!

[Villain points- -250]

The points finally stopped getting any lower when they reached -250.

Heck, did I kill some angel in my past life to deserve this fate? King almost vomited blood in grief.

King couldn't believe that after committing a big crime and after putting so much work and effort and almost even saying goodbye to his life, not only he lost his original points earned in the last few days, but he also fell more into debt!

 

 

 

31