Chapter 6 : Slice of “Nothing really Happens”, whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
1.3k 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, look at this.

A "chapter" in which Kagura is "forced" to take a break from B.U. activities, and simply enjoys her week after deciding she should take a break from constant levelling up and getting skills.

I guess you can call this a 'slice of life'-y chapter of sorts?

And while Kagura won't be enslaving anyone here, she will still gain more skills to become even more OP, lol.

And there is possibly some action.

To be fair, this was already an idea I was planning to do, but I just couldn't find how to incorporate it into the story proper, so it will be a small chapter.

Also, sorry for being so late. So busy IRL and it's a little difficult to write, not to mention that the whole covid-19 problem is still prominent and inspiration is hard to get.

Not to mention the One piece's recent arc and other medias are distracting me, lol.

And I still think it's not as good as I wanted this chapter to be, but maybe action chapters are the go-to, for me I guess.

And sadly it's also shorter than usual to a degree, *sigh*.

It was another day in Kagura's life.

A day in which, instead of just going to her Game World, she was staying in her actual house.

She believed that well, it won't kill her to just stop involving herself in the supernatural for a few days.

What?

Just because she was planning to become the Ultimate Goddess did not mean she can't slack off for a while.

Plus, she used her Divination Tarot Card skill to see if something didasterous will happen if she lazed around for a while, and the results were...

Well, she was currently watching anime with her PC with an amused expression, so that makes the answer clear.

'Heh, I surely was not entertaining myself with electronic devices those few weeks.' she thought as she watched as some boring boy who was apparently betrayed by his teammates, thrown into some lower level of the dungeon, became insane, got a white hair and became sexy by eating the freaking meat of fucking lethal monsters.

It sure was good for him that there was a deus ex machina in the form of a 'legendary' holy water or whatever that can heal any injuries.

Else he would have fucking died in the first episode.

'And wow, he just found a naked ancient vampire loli chained in the dungeon. How brilliant.' Kagura swore that if the vampire just killed him the moment she was freed, Kagura would donate her monthly's pocket money for the studio animating this.

And by her monthly allowance, she meant something like a billion yen or so.

Not really that big of a deal, especially since she can make money by literally killing monsters.

'There sure are a lot of shameless entertainment in those shows.' she looked in amusement at the fact that said strong apparently OP loli vampire fell in the "absolute charm" that was the protagonist's harem attracting power. That was quite the development. Not.

"Geez, anime those days. Nothing more than good visuals and boring stories trying to seem deep and profound. Just like that yo*t*b*r said."

What was that guy's name? ThatClicheClub? or something with that rhyme? Oh well, she had already favorited his youtube channel in her PC, she can just find him later.

"I wonder what I should do for now though, I really don't have any problem for now. I have fully controlled all those pesky brats into treating me as a deity, increased my skill arsenal, found about few other factions, and luckily enough, none of them have any interest in attacking my group for now, so I wonder..."

Whatever she was thinking of was cut off as she heard a knock on the door.

Quickly changing the page (just like many reading this page are probably doing when they don't want their families and friends to see what they were actually reading/watching, right?), she told the other person to enter.

The door opened, and she faced one of the many maids that were working for her.

"Dinner is ready, Kagura-sama." the maid -Akane, Kagura remembered as she used Observation- told her.

"Very well, I will be there." Kagura asked not looking from her PC.

"Also, Kagura-sama..."

"What? Is there a problem?" Kagura asked, feeling the hesitation of the maid.

"N-no! Nothing! I, I am just, uh..."

Kagura looked passively at her this time, causing her to flinch in worry and panic.

"... You want to talk to me about something, don't you?" Kagura's voice was more of a statement than a question.

"..."

"..."

"... Very well, I allow you to talk to me after dinner, and don't worry about your job, I won't fire you if you say something I don't like. But you better be honest. You work for me, and I'd rather not deal with internal problems under my nose, got it?"

"R-really!?"

While Kagura's tone was strict, the maid felt relieved that her employer's daughter was not feeling cruel at the moment.

"Yes, let's go to the dining room then."

A dinner later, both Kagura and Akane were in the former's room.

"So, what is troubling you?"

Kagura asked the maid whose face was looking down.

To be honest, Kagura wouldn't be doing this normally, but now, she was finding herself in the mood to be generous. Not to mention, not focusing on the supernatural made the boring normal side of her life become even more boring.

So really, she was doing this for her own sake to entertain herself as well.

"You, you will not be angry, for real?"

Akane asked with worry.

"Yes, I told you, it's fine." Kagura rolled her eyes, but she was a little amused as well.

After focusing on levelling up and all that, it was a little, entertaining to see how her servants usually interacted with her. She really was not focusing on them those weeks.

Akane seemed to gather her strength, and talked about what was worrying her.

"Y-you see, Kagura-sama, I felt that you were, distancing yourself from... us."

Akane said, her voice becoming a whisper at the end. (though Kagura heard it due to her SENSE)

Kagura blinked at that, and she quickly understood what the maid meant.

So her maid was worried about their relation to her?

That was... a little unexpected, to be honest.

Kagura had truly thought that her servants would be used to how random and uncaring she was.

Or maybe they are used to her doing whatever she wanted, but they are still worried about her?

That was, well, she would not call it 'sweet', because she doesn't really feel empathy towards them ,but...

"So you and the others are worried at me always disappearing?"

Kagura saw Akane's flinch and how the maid's hand clutched to her outfit.

"... I told you that I will not do anything for you."

A little shock in Akane's face was seen.

"In fact, I think I should apologize, I guess? While I was definitely selfish before, it definitely seemed like I became even worse those days, right?"

Kagura smiled in amusement while looking at Akane's frantic expressions and hearing her apologising and telling her that she is not in the wrong.

But even as Kagura was looking amused, and she did actually feel quite amused, she was also thinking about how she also made mistakes.

She did not become that ignorant and uncaring about her servant, did she?

Oh sure, she enslaved and killed people with no problem, even ruining other people's lives for the sake of her petty desires, but that was after she got her power. She did not treat her servants that uncaringly before. She at least talked to few of them, if only out of boredom.

And in this month...

Yeah, she was way more neglectful than she thought she was.

Kagura had no interest in trying to better herself. She knew it. Her servants knew it.

But...

"Do you want me to make a promise to you?" Kagura's qyestion stopped Akane from talking for a second.

"Yes, I am serious. Do you want me to be here more often? Like I was before?" Kagura smiled at the gobsmacked maid.

Well, maybe it would not be a bad thing to give them a little 'compassion' from time to time?

After all, it's natural for rich snobs like her to give "compassion" to those they control, to make sure those under their rule don't think of rebelling.

She was just fulfilling her quota, really.

You got a  new quest!

Servants' Peace of Mind! (Continuous quest)

You were quite bratty and your servants are worried about you disappearing all the time! How dare you worry them!

Condition: Stop worrying your servants and for an X number of weeks (at least 1), you are to return home after school, interact with your servants more. Simply speaking, act like you were acting before becoming OP or act a little better. Freindship and bonds are important, you lazy brat!

Success gift: Your servants' relation with you will increase, and they will not worry themselves to the point of daring to watch you and finding about your superpowers without you realizing, so you really dodged a bullet here.

Additional gift:You can drag one of your servants into the supernatural world with no cosequence for every week you fulfilled the condition.

Failure penalty: None

 

Well, what a quest that was.

Kagura inwardly laughed.

The quest is literally telling her to laze off, and in return, she can even enslave her servants with no penalty.

She really wondered if Glendios (oh, it definitely was them who gave her this quest, she just knows it) was daring her to grow even stronger while not doing any effort at all.

'Oh well, I was not planning on lazing around for more than a few days, but with this... Heh! Now, even me lazing around will give me a reward.'

Kagura looked at the maid who was furiously apologising, bowing and stuttering about how nice it would be if Kagura spent time with them.

"Good, I will try to be more interactive with you. Now, go and do your work."

Kagura stared as the maid bowed again and quickly exited out of the room.

'But with this, I should talk to my little cult-of-sorts to tell them not to worry about me. I am sure they will not go on a rampage most likely, but better tell them just in case.' Kagura thought.

'Meh, I will do it before I sleep. My servants won't bother me most likely when I am asleep, unless it is an urgent matter (for them).'

With that, she took her tarot deck and went to upgrade her Divination skill.

This time, she planned to see for how long she can have a 'normal' life without anything bad happening to her or her "faction".

The results were quite good, as she saw that nothing problematic would happen for at least two weeks.

"Do I act like a 'normal' person for the entirety of the two weeks, or should I only act to fool my servants?"

She contemplated.

Both actions had pros and cons:

  • If she chose her servants, then they will be less worried about her, and won't bother her with annoying questions about what she was doing the month before, but she will need to be a little more careful in hiding her powers, and she can't just brainwash all of them. And that's not without any possible problems that might appear from her slaves.
  • But if she fully chose her supernatural side, then she might be discovered somehow, and well...
    Not to mention, she doesn't want to fire her servants. Just because she doesn't care a lot about them as people doesn't mean she can easily fire them willy nilly. That behaviour will definitemy cause trouble in the real world. Not to mention, other people might target them to attack her. So keeping her servants with her for now is better.

So, after considering the two possible options, it was obvious what she will do:

Act 'normally' it is then.

'Hope I can be stubborn enough to do this.' she mused.

She was not an idiot. She could realize that she was getting too used to the supernatural seeing some of her servants's reaction to her attitude, so it might be better to actually focus on her normal life for a while.

But, boredom...

'Well, I will deal with this problem tomorrow, I guess.'

With that, she went to watch something to pass time by, until she gets the chance to go to her Game World at night to tell her slaves about her choice and order them to behave.

Later at night, after she made sure her servants were in their beds at 11:00 PM or so, she quitely stood up from her bed and teleported to her dimension, and told the females in there about what she decided, and commanded them to not act irrationally and behave.

It would invonvenience her if they acted out.

It took only a few minutes to make them swear not to do anything stupid, and Kagura then returned to her bed and slept.

Those two weeks would need to be a different kind of 'exciting' if she wanted to survive the boredom of the next week.


The next day came, and she woke up from her bed, lazily yawning.

Moving out of the bed, she went to wash her face, and then ate breakfast with the servants like every morning, and then excused herself to go to school after seeing the time.

This time, she tried her best not to use her sense and stats, knowing that this day would get boring later, so it's better if she did not make it even more boring.

'God, I was not this bored about school before getting my powers.' she thought to herself. 'If this is how boring things will be, then I really need to find something to do. I am already bored!'

Kagura entered the school and went to her class.

This period is, and would you know it? It was history.

Now, while Kagura had no problem with the subject itself, she was questioning the fact that they needed to learn about what some random guy did and how he died, what he conquered and other boring events.

Seriously, Kagura (and a lot of her classmates, she admits) would be having more fun if they did not need to hear the teachers talking in utter boredom to them as well.

Honestly, it would have been more entertaining if they made the lessons into some sort of video or movie.

Because let's be real, today is the day of the internet and social media. No one wants to hear a boring speech, and most students have no interest in actually writing on paper when a quick google search would give them all they wanted to know and more?

Plus, others in social medias stated that if teachers wanted students not to consume drugs or have sex, or be violent, it would be effective to make other students watch horror movies or something, since drug consumers and sex addicts and violent people are pretty much guaranteed to die horribly in horror movies.

Regardless, the lesson ended with Kagura feeling bored as well.

At least, she used  Obvservation on her classmates and got a small chuckle at finding out some of their secrets.

Those secrets would be used to torment them and level up her Blackmail skill. She did not try using it that much since she got it.

The next two hours, she had to listen to her english female teacher talking about pronounciation and all that.

Things that Kagura could care less about, but she might as well try to enjoy this for now.

Because later, it will be a very boring day if she did not find something to entertain herself with.

After two more hours or so, the class finally ended, and Kagura went home, boredom filling her.

'God, it's only a little over a month and I am acting like a drug addict, except that I am addicted to using my superpowers instead of drug.' she mused to herself.

Returning home, she told the servants that she will be in her room for now, and to call her when food is prepared.

If she called few of them by name instead of just calling them 'servants', they didn't comment on it.

Though she was doing it on purpose to make them more trusting to her, thus, less annoying and less chance of them discovering her secret without her permission.

Really, it would have been better if that 'all my friends and family are supernatural!' trope was in effect but sadly it wasn't.

That would have made her life even more easier, at least in the way that she would be capable of directly making them join her currently small faction.

But not everything can happen exactly as she wants sadly, even with her monsterous luck.

Even when she is OP, there are things beyond her luck to a degree, it seems.

Until her servants called her for lunch, she kept using her Tarot Card Divination to level it up, and also find out what servant would be a better target to be enslaved or dragged to the supernatural first.

Unexpectedly, the prospect of her using any of her servants was more or less giving her a good chance, apparently, as she kept drawing cards that showed positive progress, with only her head maid and butler, Ami and Suwano seemingly giving slightly better results.

'Well, I think I have who I will enslave at the end of this week then.' she mused as she remembered what she saw last time about the two using her Observation skill.

Both of them were the first to work as her servants, and, their stats show that they had a few more skills (in the daily life category such as washing, cleaning, cooking and all that), and they also have higher WILL than the other servants.

If Kagura was honest, she will most likely give them more leeway than most since she knew tham for so long, but that's where her sympathy ends.

In the end, she can easily buy better maids and servants if she wants to.

These two, and most of the current servants in her mansion were just competent to give them some leeway.

'But I think I need to do something else, with those slaves of mine, so what should I do? How can I use them the best while also trying to live "normally"?'

Kagura's thinking was cut off as a maid knocked on the door and told her that the lunch is ready.

Kagura just closed her eyes before following the maid.

She will think of a way later after eating.


An hour later, Kagura was using her PC to watch/play whatever thing that felt a little bit more interesting.

Currently, she was playing a video game which the story was so far talking about some blond swordsman who fought a blue cat and they became a duo, and the two had to fight some ginger-haired big-breasted mage talking about how stealing is wrong, defeating her and they now entered a territory of fascists, met a green nature lover, and they defeated the fascist leader who joined them, and the group of five are now roaming the world to uncover the secret behind the black monoliths that seemed to cause disasters1Note: this game actually exists and has quite the fanbase. It's called epic battle fantasy 5.

She thought that the game was entertaining so far, and she will try to finish it later.

Closing the game, she decided to be clever and she literally opened a wiki site about superpowers, a site that apparently contains almost all powers that were shown in manga, anime, movies and series.

Her goal was to find a list of abilities and superpowers, read about them and see if there is a skill book version of said power so she can use it better.

For now, she had chosen at least ten different powers/skills she would like to get.

Power Nullification, gravity manipulation, time manipulation, space manipulation, power immunity, experience learning, alchemy, gold creation, probability manipulation and avatar creation.

There are few more abilities she would like to get later after seeing wether those abilities are in the B.U. auction or not.

Most likely yes.

Opening the site, she checked on skill books with similar abilities.

'Good news, they have the books I need, bad news, Probability Manipulation alone costs one billion, and that's without the other books. The experience learning skill is also almost one billion yen as well.' she checked the prices and compared her own money that had increased by a little more than two billions since the last month thanks to her killing level 30 or higher monsters.

Kagura had more money, but buying all those books right away will probably raise red flags into either her servants or the accountants of the family, so it should be better to only buy either the two costly skill books or buy other cheaper books.

"... Paying money is one the methods to win, so..."

It only took a few minutes, but in the end she decided to buy the Probability Manipulation book along with the Automatic Experience Learning book.

After clicking on "buy" and gaining the two books, she 'learned' them.

And she got notifications of not only two skills learned but three skills.

Probability Manipulation, Probability Seeing, and lastly, Automatic Experience Learning.

The first two were from the book of probability, and apparently, since you need to know what probability you will modify, you get an extra skill to help with that.

The other book gave her a skill that will be always active.

The descriptions of the skills were also quite interesting.

  • Probability Manipulation: YHWACH but hopefully with better common sense to just KILL YOUR OPPONENT RIGHT AWAY INSTEAD OF GLOATING AND BEING AN "EDGY BADASS" AS HELL!!!!!!!!!
  • Probability Seeing: YHWACH missed the memo about Aizen being an illusion master, hopefully you won't.
    Allows you to see how things can go, and how much chance of something to occur. Gets better when leveled up.
  • Automatic Experience Learning (LV1): so you are now able to automatically level up your skills without any effort now? Cool, it's not like you can get lazier...
    Automatically increases the experience gauge of any skill you have by 1 point per minute. Percentage increases when leveled up. Max level is 100 points unless skill was (somehow) upgraded. Percentage increases by 1 point per level

Well, that was quite funny, but with this, she only needs to get skills, and then she can just enjoy her time doing pointless things while her skills' levels increase on their own.

Now, that's an even more unfair hack for her opponents.

Not only is she capable of becoming stronger even while sleeping now, but the gap is quickly widening even more between her and almost any opponent she will face.

"Now, I only need to get a skill and have enough time on my hands, and I will max them fully with even less effort."

Kagura mused as she quickly checked her status and saw that yes, all her skills were gaining experience as time went, and she knew that in just a few days, most of her skills will be maxed, especially the ones that were already at higher level than the other skills.

Now, maybe she should gain more skills, no matter how trivial they were...

Though to be fair, she needed to do something to stop the boredom in her mind.

So either way, it's a plus to her.


Next day.

"You want me to teach you how to cook, clean and all that?" Ami, the first maid to be hired as Kagura's looked questioningly at her master.

Ami was a woman in her thirties, with a black hair and brown eyes. She had a mature body and quite the bust, a DD cup sized chest and a nice rear. She was wearing the traditional maid outfit.

The woman was confused by Kagura's... request of teaching her how to cook and do some of the usual activities the servants were supposed to do.

Kagura meanwhile took a few seconds to check on the body and mentally nodded in approval. She will entertain herself with Ami a week later...

But outwardly she just told her that yes, she is bored so she would like to pass time with doing something, at least for today.

Ami looked straight to her face, but in the end sighed and told her to come to the kitchen, in which Kagura was told to read a few recipes and follow them.

Nothing complicated, really, as even normal 16-years old kids know how to do when they go to live in dorms on their own, but since she was so used to servants making food for her since childhood, and had never needed to be put in situation where she had to learn how to be quite independant where it comes in making food, she epicly failed.

Let that be a lesson for you, rich millionaires and billionaires out there: Learn how to do basic things on your own instead of letting a bunch of random servants do it for you.

Because it's important to get some life experience.

Regardless, she managed to get the skill after a few tries, and sshe started to get better.

Though her first attempts were barely able to be categorized as food.

At least she is trying her best?

Yeah, that's the important thing.

Not the fact that she lived in luxury and barely had to make her own food, which is why she was so lucky that none of the B.U. population felt interested in simply killing all her servants and stealing her money before she became a part of it, rendering her in need to actually make effort in learing how to live.

The writer can't have this story involve some actual character growth and development after all.

Regardless, since the writer is too uninspired for now, we'll just say she learned few daily life related skills like cleaning, cooking, dishwashing, and all that.

Oh and she was also being "nicer" to her servants for those few days, because just like any emotional manipulator in real life, she needs to throw her servants a bone or two to make sure they won't betray her.2That's actually a real tactic abusers use, so if you were in a relationship with someone and they did act like that, GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP ASAP!!!


And then, it was thursday.3There's a reference here~!

"Um, Kagura-sama, are you sure about this?"

Kagura looked casually at Akane who was worried.

"Of course, I am, do you have a problem with this?"

Kagura looked at the woman who frantically shook her head in denial.

They both were wearing casual clothes that didn't look different than most other people were wearing around them.

The reason?

They were in an amusement park.

Kagura decided that she might as well give Akane and herself some entertainment for today as some reward of sorts for being kinda defiant and blunt with her, and as well for the fact that her desire to have her Lady get a "normal" life of sorts gave her an interesting quest with cool rewards.

Not that Akane knows or has to know that detail obviously.

At least not for now.

Just until she finds the best way to enslave her without tipping off her other servants.

But until then, she will allow her naive maid to believe that she is becoming emotionally closer to her servants or something like that.

Just in case, she is planning to have her other servants go out to have fun or whatever in the future, it can't really hurt.

"Then let's just go. Think of it as a small day-off of sorts where you can enjoy yourself."

With that, Kagura walked forwards searching for what they should play, as Akane was hurriedly following her.

Kagura had to admit though, she had some fun with the roller coasters, and also with how excited and scared Akane was when riding them.

True, she needed to have as much stats as normal people to entartain herself with the speeding wind and the small thrill of seemingly falling on the ground from a dozen of meters.

All in all, it was a nice entertainment for her.

'I wonder if I will see flowers and sparkles from this servant though if she was any happier.'

Kagura took a quick look at Akane who looked like she was on cloud nine from happiness.

'Probably if she had magic.'

Laughing mentally at the image, she wondered what she would do for the next few days, at least five days or so.

But maybe she should visit her small cult of sorts this night to make sure that they won't lose their morale and become depressed or something.

Even though she can simply open a different save file if they killed themselves since she has near infinite save slots and her game system saves her progress every few minutes on the main slot while she makes sure to save her daily progress on a different slot.

All in all, life was amusing for her.

She can't wait to see how many ants she will crush under her foot when she refocuses her attention on the supernatural world...

She thought in amusement.

And thus ends this boring chapter that I had problems thinking of how to make it. Would have liked to make some small "battle" (read: One-sided slaughter), but sadly I couldn't.

Hopefully I will find more inspiration to deal with this.

But on a better note, I think I have some things to try on my DBZ fic, so there's that at least.

22