Chapter 7: Unexpected Development, and well… That happened.
1.3k 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi my friends!

It had been months before my previous update, and I barely realised that, lol.

So, if you were worried for me, I am fine :)

I was immersed in media, reading manga, anime, youtube videos.

I was also distracted with ideas for my other fics, like my newest Overlord prompt [End Of The World: The Undead Monster], so check it out!

Back to this story, I finally managed to make a chapter. And while I am not sure how good it is, it was written with the power fantasy, so here you go!

Enjoy.

Two weeks had passed since Kagura did that quest of 'bonding' with her servants.

Two weeks where she was spending more time awake and doing things in the real world than what she did before she got the quest.

It was a slightly boring period to her, honestly, since she didn't have a lot of things to do but use Observe and learn more 'daily life' themed skills and using them, along with playing video games.

That managed to take away some of the boredom out of her now-utterly-devoid-of-excitement life, but it was not enough.

'But,' she gave a smile in her room. 'It is time for me to return to the Boundless Universe now.'

Picking a tarot card, she focused on it.

'and I am bringing with me two new members to my new group, Suwano and Ami' she didn't enslave either of them earlier because she believed that it might be better to drag them together to the supernatural, so they won't be suspicious of each other's new attitude.

Those two were more experienced than the rest of her servants, and it is better to err on the side of caution when it comes to using mind control and such on either of them.

not that kagura had learned or gained nothing new when it comes to the supernatural.

Many of her skills reached MAX level thanks to the Automatic Experience Learning, with one of them being her Healing Magic skill.

{

Healing Magic lvl MAX:

Heals 100% of the target's HP.

Cures low physical and mental exhaustion. Reduces high/medium physical and mental exhaustion.

Cures the status effects: Confusion, Sleep, Fear, Mental Insanity, Tired, Bleeding, Blindness (Note: this skill does not cure Hereditary Blindness unless it is caused by magic or supernatural means).

Costs 1 MP per use.

}

Bluntly said, unless something killed her in one shot, somehow, she can just heal herself with a fraction of her MP.

Had this been a real video game, the developers would have nerfed her to hell and back. And sadly for any opponent she will meet, they need some serious hax power to even stand a chance against her.

All what will wait them is defeat.

But her defeating her future opponents can wait for a little, since for now, she will abuse her Healing Magic skill so that she doesn't need any sleep whatsoever.

Probably.

She isn't sure that's what will happen since she naturally didn't test her maximised skill yet.

There were also few other skills related to her CHARISMA and CHARM stats that she gained via interacting with her servants, and those were also either maxed or close to that point.

Such as Calming Aura and Friendly Aura, skills she acquired when she repeatedly used her CHARM and CHARISMA to calm down the maids whenever they got anxious from directly talking to her.

"I wonder what should I do now?"

Kagura pondered.

She is sure that she should go meet her little 'cult' of enslaved victims for now to make sure none of them lost their mind permanantly or anything, and to tell them about her progress and see what new skills they may have gotten so she can learn them (and make their efforts less than useless due to how quick she outshined them in learning their hard-earned skills, not that they will rage at that).

She looked from her room's window, gazing at the night sky, as the moon's light shined and she breathed calmly.

Currently, it was 1 A.M, and all her servants are long asleep.

Normally, she would be sleeping as well, but this night, she just didn't feel any desire for sleep right now, even as a wave of exhaustion made itself clear to her body due to staying awake for this long.

"No one will see me at this time," she muttered as she closed the windows and raised her hands.

"Complete Heal."

A soft white glow covered her body, and the feeling of tiredness was immediately erased, as her body seemingly filled with energy.

What she did was using a high-level healing spell that she got access to via her Healing Skill reaching the max level.

Turns out, her Magical and Physical Skills do sometimes contain spells that belong to said skill, and the higher the level of a skill, the higher the amount and level of spells she can use that belong to said skill.

As an example, if she got a water manipulation skill and raised it's level enough, she will instictually learn few spells such as "water ball", "water arrow", and such basic water-related spells, and when it's level raises higher, she can learn spells that allow her to create fountains of water, and if the level was higher, she can practically create a real tsunami.

And that only with a normal MP pool.

With her insane amount of mana, she can do the same by spending a ton of her mana to ignore that gap even with a newly-acquired skill.

If such skill was maxed in her hands, well... It was clear what would happen.

Using her Gamer's map, she checked and made sure that all her servants are asleep just in case, and when all was clear, she for the first time in two weeks entered her Game World.

The shift was swift and barely noticeable, but she was able to feel the difference in the atmosphere, and she found herself in an exact replica of her room in the real world, and nothing seemed out of place.

Except the borderline naked figures of her slaves, as they were sleeping.

They didn't look to be sleeping well as they seemed sad even asleep, and using her Dream Walking skill, one of the skills that were maxed thanks to the Automatic Experience Learning skill.

She chose one of them randomly, and she found her consciousness pulled into a strange world.

This was the dream world of the random woman she targetted.

She looked around, seeing the place similar to one of the places close to her house.

Moving around, she saw a version of the girl sitting on two knees, her head down and her hands looking as if protecting her head, as a Kagura looked down at her in a furious expression.

"You are useless! Just how pathetic can you be!? Why can't you be good for anything!? You can't even stomach two weeks of me not being with you. How dependant on me do you think you can be!?"

The Kagura-looking woman yelled at the poor slave as the woman cried and begged for forgiveness for whatever slight she thought she did to Kagura.

"I'm sorry master! I'm sorry! I knew I shouldn't be expecting you to be with me, but I just can't bear with it!" the woman cried harder at that.

Kagura -the real one- looked at the scene amusedly, taking a cruel joy at the fact her slave is that terrified of her(kagura) being angry at her (the girl).

'Heh, so she is afraid -no, terrified- of me abandoning her and loathing her?' Kagura mused, not at all caring about her cries.

'Well, I guess that I might as well give you a nice dream, as I will be seeing you all tomorrow.'

With a wave of her hand and a small usage of mana and activating her Dream Manipulation skill, she willed herself as she manipulated the dream for her liking.

The dream-Kagura slowly vanished, as the real one moved closer to the cowering woman, as she fake-smiled, and reached towards the scared figure.

The woman flinched, apparently expecting to be hit, but nothing happened.

"Dearie."

A calm and gentle voice intoned, causing her to look up, and saw her master looking at her with a gentle smile on her face.

"Now, don't cry. You should know better than fearing that I will abandon you."

Kagura thanked Glendios she had an Acting skill at this point, or her facade will be harder to maintain in front of this woman's awed face.

"Now, don't be afraid, I will never abandon you. You are important to me."

As important as a chess piece for her to play with until she gets bored or the drawbacks outstrip the benefits, but she didn't have to know that.

Kagura moved her arms gently and cleaned the tears from her face, and she knelt to her level.

"Let me show you how much I appreciate you, sweetie~!"

With that, Kagura's lips met the woman's, much to her shock.

Kagura felt the weird taste of the woman's lips on her mouth, even though she was currently in someone's dream, but...

'I don't dislike it.' she inwardly grinned at this.

Kagura, like any person, had at some point wondered her sexual preferences, and while she didn't think about being a Yuri person herself and decided that she will date a guy if she has to, she did enjoy the concept of two females liking each other.

Especially with almost every anime and quite a bit of her favourite games having either hints of such relationships or fullblown ones.

Kagura kept kissing her slave inside the dream multiple times as she enjoyed the nice taste of her pet's mouth, and she absentedly wondered how the real thing will feel like.

She also ignored the notification of her new Kissing skill.

The woman meanwhile was at the start shocked at her master giving her such intimate response even in her dreams, but she managed to somehow grow courage as she became more bold in her kisses.

It was few minutes later that Kagura will stop kissing, as a small trail of saliva appeared between them as she broke the kiss before disappearing.

Kagura looked at her slave's red and aroused face, her own face taking a small shade of red as she licked her lips.

"So this is why people think yuri relationships are better than straight ones. I can now understand why if it feels this good." she said to herself before focusing back at the woman.

"Don't worry, I will return soon, tomorrow at the earliest, now, have fun!"

With that, Kagura gave the girl back control of her dream as she exited.

Going back into her dimension, she quickly left the house and went to mess around and kill random monster mobs this night.

She was adamant on discovering wether she still needs sleep with her Healing Magic this high, and what better than staying awake the whole night to make sure of that?

Walking slowly and taking the chance to have fun, she breathed slowly enjoying the feeling of air on her face, she moved ever closer to a random building she saw was full of monsters using her map.

It was a store, and one that was apparently specialising in making female clothes.

At least, that's what she got from the female statues she was seeing from the transparent glass, as they wearing clothes as if posing to the lookers.

The fact that no one is looking at them in this dimension was sure ironic.

Entering the store at a normal human speed and perception, she saw nothing out of normal at first.

No monsters rampaging through the place, no zombies moving aimlessly or even ghosts flying around.

So, where are the monsters?

There are definitely enemies here, and they are hiding from her.

Do they want to try to attack her when she wasn't looking?

She felt that something was watching her, but she heard nothing to explain that.

Her senses shouldn't be lying, so there must be something in here.

In the end, she decided to just enjoy the sight of the many dresses in the store.

One dress in particular looked like one of those in anime shows, and she was sure it wouldn't be put here just on the basis of looking so odd from the rest.

Using Observation to see the origins of this dress to see what's the deal with it, she didn't expect what she saw.

Instead of her skill telling her the style and history of the dress, or at least what it was based on, it showed a completely different biography.

{
Possessed Object: Dress Level 14

A dress that was possessed and cursed by a ghost.

Those wearing this dress will be possessed by the ghost inhabiting it.
}

'... Yeah, I will not wear that.'

She thought as she created a sword of mana to slash at the dress.

And it magically moved out of the way, instantly leaving the statue it was put on, leaving the poor statue to be sliced in two.

Kagura blinked at that.

Sure, she was not even bothering to try and accelerate her speed, but it was quite unexpected to her that a possessed dress had that flexibility.

Her surprise increased when the dress floated in front of her, and this time, it was not alone.

All the dresses and underwears were apparently posessed, and they all left their places and started floating around her and glowing.

"Heh, so all of those were possessed objects, huh?"

Kagura sighed.

That was really unexpected.

"Oh well,this just gives me more opportunity to add more skills and levels to my arsenal."

Her mana-construct sword in hand, she raised her WILL up to 200, and amassed mana in her vocal cords, and unleashed some of it in the area around her as well.

Thanks to her high Mana Control skill, that was possible.

"I command you to stay still."

Her voice sounded amplified, and more powerful, as if forcing those hearing it to obey.

Her mana, saturing her immediate surroundings felt as if whoever was close enough will lose any control over their body.

The pieces of clothing stood still as statues, not moving an inch.

Kagura heard a skill notification pop up; she just gained two new skills; Commanding Aura and Commanding Voice.

The first had the ability to make people more prone to obey her commands, and the higher the skill's level and her WILL when using it, the stronger the effects are.

The second allowed her to practically take control of other people's bodies via her voice and usage of mana, and it does get stronger by levelling up or using a higher amount of WILL.

And they both were levelling up as time goes thanks to her Automatic Experience Learning.

Kagura closed the notifications with her mind, and slashed at one of the many possessed clothes.

It was easily cut in two, but under the Observation skill, it was still alive even as it took damage.

'So unlike normal ghosts, the ghosts possessing an object will be damaged. Or maybe the possessed object gains it's own HP? If the possessed object/entity was completely destroyed then, what will happen?'

To find the answers, she created flames in her hands and set the piece of clothing on fire.

She saw as the HP of the burning enemy was reduced to zero, and then a gray glow appeared from where it was, and morphed into a ghost that wailed and tried to run away.

Kagura simply created a spear of light and threw it at the ghost, killing it as it shrieked.

"Hmm, I gained twice as much exp from killing this kind of monster as I would from killing a normal ghost. Is it because I killed both the ghost's possessed object and the ghost itself? Quite nice." she absent-mindedly stated, before looking at the other possessed dresses floating in mid-air.

"Well, it's your turn to die now. I will take my time though."

Slowly, one by one, she killed the ghosts, as she either burned or disintegrated the corporeal objects they possessed, then she killed the ghosts for real using light magic.

Finally, after nearly 30 minutes, she had killed all the possessive ghosts, and managed to level up once, reaching level 44.

"Haahh!"

She sighed both in excitement and resignation.

Killing a horde of monsters while not using any of her real speed or her power only took 30 minutes, and there is still at least six hours or so before she returns to her real world -if she didn't need sleep while using her maxed Healing magic-, and that might suck.

"Oh well, live and learn, I guess."

Using her map again, she searched for another monster groups, and her map guided her into a park this time.

The monsters this time were a bunch of slimes of various sizes, and according to Observation, they had a skill called Material Dissolve, allowing them to dissolve atoms and matter of things they come into contact with so they can be absorbed as food.

At least, that will be what happens to things below a certain level defense-wise.

Kagura was sure that such skill will be useless on her even with only 100 points in DEF and M.DEF.

Unlocking all her INT and WIS to see what her mind will come up with, it was unexpected when her now otherworldly intelligence rejected the idea of killing them right away.

Instead, the idea of allowing those blobs monsters try attacking her, and letting them do so for a while, just to see what might happen.

Her mind showed her possibilities she did not see before, pushing her to test just what kind of skills might come up from this... experiment.

"So increasing my intelligence and wisdom this much makes me think and do things FOR SCIENCE. Quite weird that I didn't see this before."

She frowned, as she looked at her previous actions, and saw that she didn't really use this impossibly high intelligence and wisdom before.

Thinking about it more, she reasoned that she just didn't see the benefits of doing that at that time.

Or maybe, did her own WILL counter the effects of her INT and WIS stats?

After all, her WILL was one of her stats that were originally higher than normal, and she has no problem admitting she has quite the pride and arrogance in herself.

She felt tempted to fully release her WILL to see, but she stopped.

Not now, she will test that theory later.

For now, she has other ideas to test.

Moving towards the hostile slimes, she saw that they were surrounding her, but not attacking her yet.

'Do they think I am a threat? Do they somehow feel something about me that worries them?'

She thought for a second, and looked at her stats.

'Maybe they instictually felt my magical power?'

She forgot to lower her MP pool from 1000, huh?

'Well, slimes are easily defeated by magic. True, they can also be killed via physical attacks if the attacks were too strong and fast to regenerate from, but their magical resistance is much weaker than their physical one.'

Better lower her maximum MP then.

She lowered her MP with only 200, and she already can see the slimes moving a few centimeters closer.

'That just almost proves me right! They can feel the amount of MP on an instictual level. So I only need to keep lowering it now.'

She had almost limited her MP into only 10 but she stopped and looked at herself.

'Those clothes will be ruined if the slimes did attack me. Better take them down.'

Kagura felt no shame or fear at the idea of stripping naked in the middle of a hostile place like this, even more so where slimes, monsters that are from hentai shows are all around her.

Her Observation skill told her that those creatures enjoy playing around with female preys, or at least, those who are female-looking from the perspective of humans.

Yet, there was no worry in her mind or fear about what might happen to her.

'Must be my WILL affecting how I am supposed to react to amoral and dangerous situations. I was already fine with tricking and blackmailing people and ruining their lives even before I gained superpowers, but I didn't exactly go out of my way to show my body anymore than needed to stir lust and jealousy in my classmates. And I didn't make a plan that involves attacking me directly unless it really benefitted me. Definitely my WILL's effect and also most likely my other stats, along with me knowing on an unconscious level that I am completely safe here.'

Another thought came up in succession.

'So raising my WILL makes me uncaring about committing tabboos and atrocities, and most likely, with my current WILL, I will have no problem committing mass genocide on the whole nation of Japan without losing sleep over it if I was not bound with the rules of Glendios to not severely affect the real world using superpowers. And that alone with only 200 points in WILL. Just how much would I feel like doing if I used all my WILL?'

She would most likely have no problem erasing the entire universe and all the life in it with just a whim.

Kagura then forced herself back into reality.

It wouldn't do to go off the rails with all that thinking, as she has a test to do.

Increasing her defensive stats to 1000, she then slowly took away her clothes and put them into her inventory, standing there in her birthday suit.

A random thought in her mind confirmed that she really felt nothing weird about being naked, so not only did she feel nothing when contemplating it, but she also no longer cares about actually doing so.

The night breeze passed her body as she felt the cold air for a moment before the sensation disappeared.

A notification for a new skill called Body Temperature Regulation appeared, a skill allowing her to control her body temperature depending on how high her defense stats are.

She paid it no mind and she went towards a tree as she lowered her MP down to 20.

Sitting down, she saw the slimes move rapidly at her now, most likely their insticts telling them she was now weaker than them.

The blobs hit her body head-on, but they did no damage at all.

"Well, that was expected."

Was her 'scientific' response as she stood still letting them try their hardest to kill her.

It took them few more attempts before they stopped attacking her and they then started latching on her body.

She was curious as to what they were doing as she felt nothing at all.

Another notification popped telling her she had just gotten a Dissolve Resistance skill.

'So they are using their dissolving skill on me.'

She didn't feel disturbed at all about that, and simply kept breathing as they moved, covering all of her body except her head, as they were trying their hardest to turn her into food.

Some of them were feeling more lustful than murderous as they covered her breasts, forcing pressure on them.

Unlike what happened when the slimes tried to dissolve her and did nothing, this move did something.

A slight shock of electricity spread all over her body, and Kagura was taken by surprise as she moaned, her body flinching for a second before another shock struck her again, causing her to shudder as her face ever so slightly got a shade of pink.

But she still didn't move from her place or attack anything.

'Okay, what is going on here? I thought they were too weak to harm me.'

She looked at the slimes, still not as a threat, but as a mystery to solve, and she focused on the slimes latching on her chest.

'Naturally, what I just felt was arousal. I am not sexually inactive, so me getting aroused in my life was expected. But why am I feeling it when my WILL is far higher than a few hundreds is the question here.'

Another small jolt of pleasure attacked her, and she felt one particularly determined slime try to enter from her lower part.

She immediately covered that part using one hand.

'No thank you, but I am not interested into that level of experimenting using my body yet. Oh, where was I? Oh yeah, my willpower is set too high to be affected by this kind of stimuli.'

Kagura's mind ran a light year per second to see the answers for this.

'So, it is definitely not my WILL being too low, but something beyond that. Something related to either this situation, or me in particular.'

She supressed another moan as she kept thinking.

'There is nothing I can think of relating to this particular situation. Slime monsters might be entertaining in fantasy shows, but in hentai they were trash to me. Which leaves the problem to be, me. What am I? A human. What do human have? instictual responses to certain stimuli, and those occur regardless of how prepared someone is normally is. One of them being arousal. So it means that this is just my body creating hormones and all that in response to the touches of the slimes on my erogenous zones.'

As soon as her theory was made, her Gamer ability gave her a new notofication.

{

You gained two new Skills due to a specific situation:

Arousal Lvl 1

Arousal Resistance Lvl 1

Both skills have been unified into the skill Self-Arousal Control Lvl 1:

With this skill, you gain some degree of control of your own biological response to sexual stimuli, allowing you to get aroused easier, or have less chance to be aroused. When maxed, you get full control of your arousal level.

}

She sighed in contentment.

"And I was proven right. It really was a biological reaction from my body."

As she was proven right, she decided to just do nothing aside than letting the blobs try to kill her in vain, and to pass time, she ended up reminiscing about how much fun she was having during those months.

Fighting and murdering monsters, turning people into literal slaves, testing skills and controlling others.

Damn her life was indeed fun after getting superpowers. Even more so since she was overpowered since the beginning.

As she was reminiscing, she barely realized as time flew by, and it was only when the sun started to shine that she woke up.

"HAH!..."

She gasped as sunlight entered her eyes as her brain awoke from it's nap, as her eyes darted around and checked her surroundings.

Okay, she kinda lost focus and her mind short-circuited for a while, yes she is still naked, and yes her hand is still covering her lower privates but...

The slimes aren't moving at all though.

As she cast a Healing spell at herself to invigorate herself, she finally fully rebooted and checking the slimes, she realized much to her amusement that quite a few of them had left her alone while others were still attaching themselves into her.

She could almost feel them being tired as they had no doubt tried to murder her for hours without result.

Most of them had apparently realized that she was a prey that would take too much effort to actually kill and without much benefits at all.

The few who still latched into her were either stubbornly thinking they can kill her, or they wanted her body for sexual consumption.

The one on her breasts twitched trying for who knows how long to focefully arouse her.

Sad for it that Kagura's new skills resisted that effect.

Kagura also saw a new skill added to her collection; Calm Mind , a skill she did apparently get because she was awake and staying still for more than an hour, while not thinking too deeply about the outer world's stimulations.

"So this is my version of the Gamer's Mind skill? It allows me to not get impatient and gives me the ability to think clearly, and negates few emotional and psychological status effects but the protection is not perfect. Not so bad anyways."

Checking time, she saw it was only 5 A.M, meaning that she will be having two more hours before her servants check on her room to wake her up.

Kagura mentally checked her list.

"Now, I've checked that I don't really need sleeping with my healing skills at the highest level, got few more skills and realised few more things about my stats, and I also messed around with one of my slaves. All in all, a well-spent night."

Looking back at the slimes, she now unleashed some of her MP as spears of mana were being created.

"Now, my dear prey, die for me."

All the slimes around her ended up being pierced, as their bodies disintegrated into dust.

More than thirty slime around her died, just like that.

She didn't level up though.

Wearing her clothes after using some water magic to give herself a quick bath, she was about to go home as her mind came with nothing to do that wasn't having her 'group' see her, as she doesn't want to just meet them for only a measly hour, and she doesn't want to kill everything in the Game World out of boredom.

There should be plenty to kill when she 'officially' returns to her group.

Just as she was about to exit, a notification popped and stopped her.

Why did she think the message was immediately important instead of just ignoring it?

Because it was not only written in all caps, but it was also written in red.

{IMPORTANT MESSAGE! A ONCE IN LIFE OPPORTUNITY! DO NOT IGNORE!}

Immediately, Kagura increased her time perception into the max, and looked at the letter slowly.

{
Hello there! Glendios is talking!

Nice to talk to to you again, my little Kagura-chan~!

It's been almost 6~8 months since we personally met and I wanted to call you~!

And yes. I know you only got your supernatural ability from yours truly a couple of months or so. It's a timeline thing I deal with, so don't worry your mind about it.

Liked your nightly fun with the slimes by the way, even if no actual R-rated things happened, keep the good work! :)

Anyways, back to the letter;

You see, I watched your endeavors, and I have to admit that it was quite the fast power trip for you.

In just two months or so, you turned from a pathetic (covertly) bratty girl into a completely overpowered bratty girl who can crush almost everyone you will fight.

And while I did expect that, it's quite boring lately. I had to take care of multiple realities and frankly, I want something to entertain me~!

And who better than a girl with god complex who wants to take my throne as the undisputable ruler of the omniverse?

So, this is a challenge from me.

There will be this opponent for you to fight against, and your job is to... Well, why don't you try to find out the goal on your own?

As for the prize for succeeding, that too, will be a secret, hehehe ;)

So, what will you do?

ACCEPT or ALSO ACCEPT.

Hehe, joking.

ACCEPT or REFUSE

P.S: This offer is one-time only, so if you refused, you most likely won't get such offer from me again, BUT if you accept, you will be teleported into a dimension where an eternity there equals a second in the real world so you can fight this opponent of yours.

}

Kagura read the letter carefully to see if there was any hidden meaning or loopholes, but even with her INT and WIS fully unlocked, nothing suspicious aside from what she is supposed to do to succeed in this quest.

She pondered on wether she should do it or not.

If she did not accept, she will most likely not have any chance to do such a quest again. But if she did accept, she will be fighting whatever Glendios had made for her, with an upside that she doesn't have to worry about the flow of time in either the Game World or the real world.

Should she risk herself?

Seeing the the pros and cons, she concluded that in the end, she has to do it to see where it might lead her. It might be very helpful to her in the future.

She clicked on "ACCEPT".

Immediately, she found her body consumed by light as she felt herself pulled into somewhere.

When the light dissipated, she found herself into an open rocky place, and as far as she can see, only the hard ground and few rocks were around her.

The sky was purple above her, giving the atmosphere of an alien world.

"... This place is fascinating."

That was Kagura's opinion.

This dimension exuded a mystical feeling due to how unnatural it's appearance compared to the real world, and she was wondering if this place was designed to affect people like that.

"Hello, Kagura."

A voice resounded behind her attracting her attention, and she looked.

What she saw was a girl with blond hair and sky-blue eyes and a delicate white skin.

The girl in question wore what seemed to be a blue maid outfit that was covered with a simple white apron, but they didn't hide the fact she had a good bust.

Her hands had nothing to cover them.

There was also a blue tie on her hair.

Her lower body was a completely different situation, as it no longer resembled a human one.

Right below her abdomen, the mysterious girl's body was apparently bound to the head of a monster.

Said monster was a huge dark-colored figure with few lines and spots of bright colors here and there, it's body was apparently made from... scales? That was the closest Kagura can compare it to.

It's hands contained claws as fingers, and it's head was huge, it's maw opened for a moment, giving her the chance to see the row of sharp teeth inside.

The girl now looking at her from the creature's head, her face looking as if in tranquil rage, was quite the sight.1This image is the closest thing as a description lol

art-suzuya-alice-in-5712.jpg

Kagura was really wondering wether to feel awed at the sight, or confused.

In the end, she decided to be awed.

"So you are my opponent."

She muttered as she looked at the monster/human woman(?) in front of her.

Using her Ovservation, she expected to see the level and stats of her enemy.

She was instead seeing this message:

{

Name: Alicia Vio Wander.

Level: NoT yOuR bUsSiNeS

Skills:

Stat Scaling: Level will rise until this being's base stats will be equal to the opponent's base stats.

Currently, all stats of Alicia Vio Wander equal your stats: all stats equal to 10^44.

Note: This skill does NOT copy the opponent's skills and inherent abilities.

Also, other skills are beyond your level to see so better level up to be able to see them now, bye lol!

}

'... The heck?'

Kagura couldn't stop from looking blankly at the message.

Her ememy's, Alicia's stats are equal to hers, and that alone is a problem.

She wonders how she should go on.

Luckily, it seems that Alicia doesn't have any of Kagura's skills as well, so maybe the fight will be manageable even with few hidden skills from Alicia.

'Not that I have any choice now. Even with using my full INT and WIS, I can only speculate what kind of skills she has, so the only option now is to fight and plan as I go.'

Kagura's eyes looked at that expressionless face.

"That's right, and I guess you got to see some of my status?"

Alicia's face had the smallest grin on it.

Kagura's expression didn't change.

"I guess you know my skills, since you are made to fight me. Did Glendios give you all the knowledge about me then? Or did they give you skills to counter mine?"

Alicia moved her hands in a 'shrug' motion.

"I am but a doll created to fight you, I know some of your skills such as weapon mastery abilities and magic spells along with some of your resistance skills. But I don't have knowledge of ALL your abilities don't worry."

A slightly smug expression appeared this time, and it still didn't hide the feeling of malice towards Kagura.

"And as for what skills I have, why don't we fight then so you can see by yourself?"

A timer magically appeared, counting down from 30.

"So when the timer reaches zero, we are to begin our fight then?"

Kagura took a breath and instictually made count of all her skills and fully activated all her resistance skills.

"Indeed we do."

Alicia's monster body almost stood on all four, as her human body seemed to take a defensive position with her hands clenched.

Kagura didn't let Alicia's figure leave her eyes, anticipation almost palpable.

When the timer reached one, she unlocked all her senses to the max, enduring as this last second of waiting felt like ages to her.

She forced herself to focus as the timer seemed to stop working due to her time perception being so impossibly high due to her SENSE and AGI.

And finally, after what felt like an eternity, the timer reached zero.

It only took even less than an attosecond for both of them to react and run towards each other.

Kagura closed as she extended one hand, punching towards one of the monster part's hands.

Both fists collided as the two opponents stood still, before a powerful wave of energy created by the contact that erased all the atoms around them roughly few dozen meters from the center of the collision.

'Damn, this is only the collision of our fists and I know we were barely trying.'

Kagura thought as she retracted her hand to make another punch at the other hand of Alicia's beast form.

Kagura felt nothing from the punches, and she reasoned that this must be because their stats is just that high.

She jumped to evade a kick from Alicia, and threw a random dart from her inventory towards Alicia's human face.

The dart, imbued with her base 10^44 ATK, was casually destroyed with Alicia's human hands, with only a tiny scratch as damage.

'But even a small damage means something.' Kagura thought.

If Alicia can be damaged, she can be defeated.

It's only a matter of how to defeat her.

Crouching on the disintegrated ashes of the ground, she looked as Alicia's body moved to strike again.

What followed was the natural DBZ-esque battle of the two puching, kicking, blocking, countering each other as they went on for a long time.

It was only after what felt like days that Alicia's lower huge mouth was opened and Kagura immediately realized as a beam of magic was being created.

Directly targetting her head.

'Uh oh!'

She quickly cut off her blow-to-blow exchange and jumped avoiding the attack.

'I know that I have Magical Damage Immunity and Physical Damage Immunity thanks to my physical and magical resistance skills being maxed, but...'

She remembered the bio of Alicia.

'She has skills I don't know about, so unless it's absolutely necessary, I would try to not get hit.'

Now that her opponent was using magic, she might as well.

Charging a casual mana beam, she unleashed it, directly hitting the monsterous figure, as Alicia was clearly thrown back from the blast.

Alicia now looked annoyed, and she opened her human mouth.

Immediately, fire razed the place, moving towards Kagura.

Not wanting to test the resistance negation theory yet, Kagura raised her arm and a wave of ice collided with the flames and creating mist and smoke.

Absent-mindedly, Kagura wondered how those phenomenas were occuring when this entire fight was happening in literally something akin to one Quattuordecillionth of a second due to how fast they are moving, but she chalked it up to her {"law of physics"-san is fired} skill.

She evaded Alicia who went through the smoke, jumping over her, and condensing a hundredth of her total MP into a blade, she immediately slashed at Alicia who was still too wide open from behind, and sliced her human side from her monster side.

'That... felt easy. Too easy.'

Kagura thought as she looked at the would-be-corpse of her opponent.

Alicia was still moving.

And she was trying to attach her two parts together, if the weird glow around her was what she thought it was; a healing spell.

Quickly, Kagura amassed energy and blasted the monster half with more than half of her MP this time.

She saw as it disintegrated.

Kagura now used Observation just in case, and she was surprised to see the HP of Alicia quickly dwindling.

Just to lake sure, she brought her hand to blast the human half of Alicia as well.

"Well, it seems this is the end."

Alicia's voice stopped her.

It... wasn't coming from this one in front of her.

It was from behind.

But how?

Looking behind, she saw Alicia's human half, glowing red, using both her human hands to stand.

Her insticts warned her to immediately run away and to not attack Alicia as is now.

She quickly jumped as far as she could, and saw from the corner of her eyes as the other Alicia disappeared.

So that one was an illusion.

"Oh damn it. One of her skills is ilusion manipulation then, along with a teleportation skill to get behind me. Didn't really think of that. But seriously, when did she use the illusion and the teleportation?"

Kagura focused back on the real Alicia that jumped forward at her, the red glow intensifying.

'She must have used it when I was blasting the lower half of her with magic.'

The warning signs in her soul became louder as she knew that something dangerous will come.

She felt it in her bones, that this attack will damage her.

"You have nowhere to escape from this!"

Kagura 'tsk'ed, having the feeling that what Alicia stated was true. Even with her Dodge skill, the level difference was just too high and the skill won't work.

She can't avoid this attack with the use of her skill.

"If I cannot avoid that, then I will defend myself to the best of my ability and crush you as fast as I can!"

Condensing all the remaining MP into a dense sphere around her body, and completely changed directions.

Her body moved towards Alicia's ever reddening figure.

Instead of trying to avoid an unavoidable attack, she will just shatter it then!

A collision was made as Kagura's rush made contact with Alicia's body that was already on low health and couldn't defend properly, and the result was the erasure of everything from Alicia's body except her head as it flew past Kagura's attack.

Taking a quick glance, Kagura saw the head falling to the ground.

And it's finally Alicia's HP reached zero.

For a moment, Kagura thought she had won.

She had defeated her opponent.

But no victory message showed up.

No level up message, or a congratulation message.

Nothing.

She had wondered if Glendios was simply being dramatic.

That deity gave her a system that can give her level up messages even if her time perception was quadrillion times faster than normal, so it's most likely they wanted to mess with her.

That was what she thought.

Until a very familiar voice resounded.

A voice she had just heard in this day.

"Activate Skill: Irresistible Death."

What happened next was too fast for her to react.

It was absurd, a part of Kagura's mind reasoned, as she was currently billions of times faster than light.

What happened was not supposed to be possible.

And yet, it did.

A dense and wide beam easily bigger than Kagura came to existence as Alicia's head started disappearing, and it easily hit Kagura right below her chest with speed she just couldn't reach at her current level.

A sensation of pain exploded in her body for a moment as she felt something amiss, even as pain overwhelmed her for a single moment.

She quickly realized something.

Her body...

She could no longer feel it.

No, more precisely, she couldn't feel anything below her chest.

She can feel her arms, only until her elbows though. She can't feel anything below that. The sensation of not feeling her hands and fingers was strange.

Kagura only needed a 'second' to realize that her entire lower body was erased, no longer existent.

And a new feeling of tiredness and exhaution was hitting her, and it was by her sheer willpower that her eyes were still open.

Her body, the remaining parts of it anyways, didn't fall to the ground, or whatever similar foothold to it.

It was instead suspended in the air, as if gravity ceased to exist.

'No. Gravity didn't cease to exist. It's more like it couldn't catch up to my speed, but... it should have affected me now. My skill would have made it work regardless since it can ignore the laws of physics.'

Something was wrong, and Kagura knew it.

Her skill should have worked and her remaining body should have fallen by now.

Yet it didn't.

So what was the problem?

What reason is there that can explain her skill not working now?

It most likely isn't one of Alicia's skills, as if she had an ability that forces her to abide by the laws of physics, Alicia would have used it immediately so Kagura will die due to going faster than light.

Yet Alicia didn't.

So what other reasons could it be?

Something that stops skills.

Something that negates the functionality of living beings and makes them unusable in most scenarios.

Stops... Functionality.

Functionality.

'No. That shouldn't be possible...'

A realisation hit her, and she didn't like it.

But... it was the only thing possible.

She quickly called her status screen, looking for her stats.

Her thoughts were proven right, as she looked at her current Status, HP, and MP.

{

HP: ZERO

MP: ZERO

Status: DEAD

Reason for death: Instantly Killed due to the effects of Irresistible Death. Your MP was also fully emptied so you can't heal yourself.

}

DEAD.

That was her status.

Her skill doesn't lie, at least, she knew it wouldn't lie now of all times.

But this also begs another question: If she is dead, why isn't her entire body shut down?

'By all rights, I should be unable to see anything in front of me. My eyes should no longer work.'

She was dead according to her stats, so her senses should have stopped working.

'No. I can understand why. It's because my body still didn't acknowledge my death yet. It was not exactly known, but even if someone's head was decapitated, if their brain was safe, they may be able to "live" and ignore their death for at least a couple of seconds.'

Another thought invaded her brain.

'And the reason I am still cognizant is due to my SENSE and AGI, extending my perception of time. In fact, from the beginning of this fight, it was more likely that not even one second had passed in real time. But I can't limit my stats anymore, because I am dead. So dying stops me from controlling my stats as well. Or rather, it locks them into whatever amount they were in before my death.'

This time, a strange feeling of calmness overcame her.

'So, I am dead, huh? I wondered how it felt years ago, and this... this is so calm.'

There was a weird resignation to the idea of her death, and she couldn't stop wondering why this is happening to her.

'I wonder why I am so calm and resigned. Is it possibly because I know that this death will ultimately not stop me? Because I know I can just use my Save & Load skill so I will never truly die? No, that's not the reason. I didn't test that skill at all, or more like I didn't bother testing it out. So for all I know, it's unusable right now, and I am dying for real with no second chances.'

Kagura would have closed her eyes if she could.

'It feels like how anime and manga characters feel when they die in an epic way, they accept their death, acknowledging the fulfilling lives they had, both bad and good. Is that it? Or is it my WILL being so high it just stops me from feeling the fear of death? Even if it is already happening? I can understand this feeling, the feeling of all your fears going away, liberating oneself from the worldly dangers.'

Kagura was able to understand it, to fully comprehend it.

And yet.

And yet.

'I refuse this. I reject this death of mine!'

A feeling of what seemed like determination was bubbling inside of her.

'I... I wasn't a normal person. I was born into wealth, given previliges beyond what normal people will dream of. I know I am not a good person, I was a horrible person even. I hurt people simply because I could, knowing full well how wrong I was. And I have no interest into deluding myself into thinking I am a misunderstood person, for I am not.'

If she had hands and she could move, she would have clenched them.

'I have no problem understanding that dying for real will have my soul to be tormented in the lowest levels of hell or purgatory for all eternity. I accept that. I have long accepted it.'

'But I am not going to accept dying. Not now, when I am not even a normal goddess, let alone a True one!'

She was given power, and that power gave her a purpose, no matter how tall it was.

She promised Glendios that she would take their place.

Even if it was only a mental promise to herself more than the deity, she did make it.

And she has no intention to break that promise.

'I will fight this death down to my last breath! No. Even if I truly died, I will still claw my way to not only live again, but never die anymore than this time!'

Emotions running high, she didn't know what she was doing, nor did she care.

Her will and desire, now consuming her, she forced her body to move.

Energy rapidly seeping from her body due to the blatant break of laws of physics without any active skill to protect her, as her eyes were clouding with the darkness; she breathed.

"I...!"

Air cracked around her.

"REJECT THIS REALITY!"

Her body was breaking.

"AND I SUBSTITUE IT WITH MY OWN!"

The voice echoed in the area, as everything was breaking like glass.

Her own body breaking as well, as her consciousness was slipping from her.

The only thought in her head as oblivion reached her, was that she really had a great death.

A death where her last words shattered the world around her.

Truly fitting for a person who was determined to be a goddess of all existence.


{

Challenge has been Completed.

Fulfilled conditions:

-Killing Alicia Vio Wander.

-Determination to Survive.

-Surpassing your limits in Death.

AWARDS:

Level Up X ?????????? times.

Reward Items Given:

???

???

???

}


In a place undefined by space or time, a figure was existing.

A female asleep, her face looking calm.

She was Kimiko Kagura, the 17~18 years old woman who was given the Gamer ability from Glendios the True Deity.

Unknown to her, she was not dead like she was expecting, but instead, she had won her challenge, and now she was suspended in a dreamless sleep as her body was now being adapted to her new power.

The power of Race Evolution.

Kagura's race, while human in shape, was not human.

It was simply more simple for her to call herself a human instead of an Overpowered Game Character.

Her race, like a lot of races in other games and fantasy settings, can also evolve when the person reached a certain level or point in their growth/age.

And now, her race reached that point.

Currently, her Gamer ability was working to evolve and stabilise Kagura's body, soul, and mind and expand on them even more.

{

Host growth augmented due to extreme level up.

Searching for optimal evolutions according to preferences of Host.

Evolution paths found!

Overpowered Game Character: Princess Mode installed.

Over ?é~# levels available.

Searching more Evolution paths!

Overpowered Game Character: Empress Mode installed.

Overpowered Game Character: Goddess Mode installed.

Not enough Evolution paths.

Initiating Process: Unification with Host.

Host is now Overpowered Game Character: Administrator Goddess.

Leftover levels consumed for the creation of protective Gear for Kimiko Kagura.

}

As this was occuring, Kagura's body was slowly being covered by light as it was being modified, and it was not very long before something else was occuring as well.

Kagura's consciousness was returning.

And afterwards, her Evolution was complete, and she woke up completely unfocused to her surroundings that changed into a very familiar white dimension Kagura had seen before.

"Ughhh!"

She groaned, not fully conscious yet, but her memories were quickly returning.

"Damn, I feel like I was a normal human forced to drink too much sake and getting the worst hangover ever!"

She clutched her head as if trying to stop the headache that was made due to her memories resurfacing in her mind.

"Okay, so I killed that Alicia monster/human being, got hit with a kamikaze-attack, or something similar, died, broke the laws of physics while at it, then succumbed to the sweet death... Or at least that's how it was supposed to be."

As her mind was gaining full cognition, she recognized her surroundings.

"Wait a moment, this place, it just reminds me of..."

"Correct, I am giving you a visit once more."

Glendios' voice was heard echoing in the area, but differently than the last time, Kagura didn't have the same feeling of Glendios' presence.

"You are not showing yourself."

Kagura stated, and immediately, something felt wrong.

Her voice... it felt different.

"I can show myself for you just fine, but take a look at how you look now."

Okay, what does that imply?

A mirror appeared in front of her, and as she looked, she was shocked by the sight in the mirror.

Instead of her black-haired teen body, what she saw in the mirror was a woman that seemed to be in her thirties, with a mature face and blood-red eyes.

The woman's hair was black as a moonless night, almost long enough to reach her waist.

The woman's body was voluptuous and very sensual, having a monsterous G-cup breasts that seemed even bigger thanks to her slim waist, and she sure had nice hips, and quite the full and strong-looking legs Kagura mentally commented.

The woman's body was not naked; as she was wearing something akin to a black cheongsam that hugged the curves of her breasts and hips, with flowers and lines of gold around the chest area and almost until the hips, and it also was trimmed with golden as well. The dress didn't cover her legs, showing them to the world.

Her head was covered with a slightly transparent black cloth, also trimmed with gold lines.

88b1bde1437ff311a1b627a8d54a2030.jpg

Kagura took only a second to realise who this woman was.

"This is me?"

Although she stated it, it came as a question from her surprise at the sight.

She raised her arms to touch her face, and she saw the reflection doing the same, proving that this is her.

And just at that time, Glendios showed their figure; their new one.

It was basically the same as the previous one Kagura saw, a really gigantic version of her own body; only now it's her new form being gigantic as heck.

"Yes, this is you. Or to be more accurate, this is how your true form looks after succeeding my challenge."

Ah, the challenge. There is something she has to ask.

"Challenge? Isn't that more like a known and predicted move? You are omniscient after all."

Kagura frowned, unknowingly giving a mysterious aura on her new form.

"Oh, I am indeed all-knowing~! But knowing everything is boring when you live for who cares how long, so it's kinda turned off when it comes to most things. So no, I gave you the challenge, sure, but I didn't care about the results. If you won, you get rewarded, and if you lost, you reappear on your last 'save point', so nothing lost on me."

Kagura looked at where Glendios' head should be for a while, before she sighed.

Well, that happened.

"So... Anything you need to tell me about this?"

This time, Kagura had the feeling that Glendios was smugly smiling at her.

"Well, long story short, you've evolved into a goddess, not a True one like me, as I am on a completely different ~LEVEL~ compared to anything that has, is and will exist~! But that aside, you are to learn how to use your new powers and stats and skills better or whatever. I am not paid to be your guide. But I will allow you to learn how to take your previous form if you want to have a 'normal' life with humans in the real world."

As she thought.

Glendios was being generous in explaining her powers the first time was due to her "ehem", luck.

Oh well, she will see what to do then.

Glendios then told her some more news.

"Oh also, your persistence in not dying and the process of your evolution changed your Save & Load skill from a simple 'save' function to fullblown time resetting skill that allowed you to keep all your other abilities and levels and you activated it while in coma and thanks to some 'time-travel-to-the-past' laws I have put long ago, you are now officially chosen by me a second time."

Kagura had to blink a few times before she processed the mouthful of info.

"What?"

Glendios had no problem answering. Cheerfully.

"You time-travelled months into the past, exactly into the day I originally gave you the Gamer powers. Also, your little cult members aren't your slaves now, since you didn't enslave them yet at this point in time."

Now, Kagura took her time to process all the information, and her response was as expected.

"WHAT!?"

End of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it.

21