Under The Mask
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Anywhere he goes, people step aside. Parting like an ocean giving way to the king. Except he's not treated with kindness. Because he's always covered in cuts and bruises.
 
"They should put that delinquent to jail," said one of the women to her friend.
 
"Yes, he gives this neighborhood a bad name."
 
Yes, just like that everyone judged him, they hate how he wore those signs of beating like a badge, annoyed that he still walks with head held up high. The moment he sees me, he smiled. 
 
I greeted him with a hug and let him buried his face on the crook of my neck. I caressed his back.
 
His shoulder trembled. "I want to do so much. I feel so powerless."
 
"You take the beating for your younger sister, and I think that's a brave thing."
 
"One day, I'll give her the justice she deserves. I'll make everyone see what a monster they are."
 
In the meantime, he's sacrificing himself. This boy that everyone thinks is a devil, is an angel in disguise. And no matter what they say, I'll be here for him because only I know the real him, this strong but fragile man that will forever be ruling my heart.
 

 

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts. If you like this story, consider following me for more. You can also find me on Instagram as @jessiewinterspring

0