Chapter 6 – Suddenly emotional
1.6k 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         I had thought that everyone being happy and enjoying this meal was good enough but did not expect the generation of father and mothers could really warm up the situation.  So warm that everything was cooked through, I was not pleased!......

          What was warm and cooked through?  That was……basically, the three of them had agreed and united on matters regarding Jiang Li and me, for our wedding and honeymoon and had even started to discuss child support and whether to have a second child!

          Because those three parents were eager to see Jiang Li and I live together, so they waved their hands and decided the wedding would be held two weeks later.  Uncle Jiang was more reasonable and suggested to ask the two children for their views.  The result was the two mothers almost unanimously said.  "Ask him (her)?  Why?!!"

          I dare not resist because I have literature phobia.

          Jiang Li did not resist because he is a good son-in-law.

          So we both ate silently.  I was extremely calm, picked up a piece of star anise and threw it into Jiang Li's bowl……so you do not protest!

          Jiang Li reciprocated with fish bones……and you also do not protest!

          Then those excited people began to discuss the honeymoon.  Actually, I did not want a honeymoon and definitely did not want to go on honeymoon with a gay.  But when I saw the three people so excited, I did not have the heart to say 'No'.  Anyhow, I and Jiang Li had to play at being a loving couple and it looks like Jiang Li also had the same idea.

          So when the father and mothers asked us where we wanted to go for honeymoon, I enthusiastically replied…..the Maldives, while Jiang Li insisted on going to….Northern Europe.  The two places were totally different and it was difficult to find a compromise. 

          So the father and mothers simply ignored Jiang Li directly and confirmed the trip to the Maldives.

          I laughed, this was the gender advantage. 

          Looking at me?  What are you looking at…..what are you looking at?  Why are you not a woman?! ! !

          Looking at the three elderly getting more excited as they talked, suddenly I felt a sense of guilt rising from my heart.  So I leaned close to Jiang Li's ear and said uneasily.  "Don’t you think that we are a bit too much?"  They are so happy and we are only play-acting.

          Jiang Li replied.  "The motive of telling lies is to make others happy.  They are happy, we are satisfied and with this outcome, who would mind whether the process is true or false."

       I felt a bit uncomfortable with his words but that instant I did not know how to refute him and feeling more uneasy, I said.  "But, they are discussing about children……."

          Jiang Li used his index finger and thumb to gently pinch my hand that was resting on the table edge.  His mouth also glued to my ears, spraying hot air, said to me.  "If you want to give birth, you can and if you don’t want to give birth, I have other ways."

          I was relieved.

          A long time later, Jiang Li told me that he did not finish his sentence at that time.  The last sentence was actually……."If you don't want to give birth, I have a way for you to give birth!"   Jiang Li, you scum!

 

                                                  ***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

 

          The wedding was set by the three father and mothers in two weeks' time and this time it took my dear life.  Fortunately, they still had a little conscience and helped me in whatever they could but it was hard work.  In spite of their help, arranging for a wedding in two weeks was not an easy task. 

          Fortunately, I was not working but Jiang Li was also acting odd, for every day he did not go to work.  He looked like an industrious man, could he had lost his job?

          I asked Jiang Li and he seriously replied.  "How can work be more important than getting married?"

          Hypocrite! ! !

          For many inexperienced people, they were clueless about wedding preparations and everything would be in disarray.  Of course, to me, it was not so.  Except for the tight schedule, there was nothing that I could not handle and everything was considered as properly organized.

          So, Jiang Li praised me.  "Did not expect you handled this professionally."

          Arrogantly I replied.  "Although I am an old spinster, in the eyes of the law, you are considered my second husband."

          *He, he*   I did not lie.  Before this, I had a husband and a wedding, no……should be considered almost a wedding……uh.  In fact, four years ago, I had experienced everything that should be experienced half a year before the big day until the night of the actual wedding, except for only that last crucial step.  This type of situation was a bit melodramatic, but it did happen and should not be considered melodramatic as it was part of life…….

          At this point, Jiang Li unpredictably lifted his mouth in a ghost of a smile and in such a scenario, I still had the mood to praise him as he appeared now, for his impeccable good looks.

          Jiang Li put his arms around my waist from behind, gazed down at me with the resemblance of an affectionate look.  I turned my head, looked at his face carrying that smile which was inviting a slap.  He lowered his head as if giving me a passionate kiss, then spilled out a few words in a low voice.  "I did not expect that you also have such a painful past, huh?"  That 'huh' sounded on a louder tone, ignited the anger in my heart, this guy was simply gloating over my misfortune!

          But very quickly I caught on to another meaning in his words.  What did he mean by……you 'also' have such a painful past?  So, I calmly and casually gave him a slight smile, softly said.  "We are the same."  I did not know which male beauty had mistreated him but when I think of it, I felt happy without any reason.  Sweat……I am rotten……

          Not far away the photographer shouted.  "Not bad, not bad.  Yes, this position, this smile, very good……the bride, move a bit closer……."

          Look, we were always in the most intimate poses, saying the sharpest words and it was ironic.  At this moment, we were taking our wedding photos and the photographer had said that our poses were very good, up to standard and our smile showed happiness.  Suddenly I felt the photographer was really a hypocrite, our smiles were indicative of each having his own agenda.     

          This is not the first time that I had worn a wedding gown……although this time, the wedding gown was more beautiful than the last one and also it was custom-made.  Furthermore, under such circumstances wearing the gown with this kind of person, it was good that I could still smile.  But inexplicably, my heart was filled with a sense of loss and maybe I think it was because of this same wedding style that made me feel guilty and ashamed towards my old lady. 
          The poses for wedding photos were usually the few standard poses and I was familiar with a few of them.  This inevitably made me faintly recalled back four years ago, that era of Guan Xiao Yan's sacrifice.  At that time, I was immersed somewhat in happiness, but before that happiness actually came, it had gone far away.

          I and Jiang Li stood on the grassy lawn, with a short distance between us.  I was holding a bouquet of flowers and as I ran towards Jiang Li, the wind quietly brushed past my ears and the sunshine on my head was exceptionally bright.  I felt a little dazed and sped up my pace.  That slender figure standing on the grass motionless was facing me.  Suddenly I dropped the bouquet of flowers and ran to him. 

          Jiang Li opened both his arms, picked me up and swirled me around in circles.  My feet left the ground as if swept up by a huge whirlpool towards the depth of the sea and I felt giddy like the whole world was spinning. 

          Jiang Li's face slowly disappeared, replaced by another one.  Soft gentle facial features, mesmerizing eyes which looked at me happily and seriously, said……Yan Yan, I love you.

          Something hot instantly flowed from my eyes.

          This scene was so familiar.

          So very familiar.

          My feet returned to the ground, my tears were wiped from my face by someone and the cold fingertips brought me back to the present.  I blinked my eyes and the person in front of me turned back to Jiang Li.

          He embraced me and softly said in my ear.  "Living in the past easily makes one do silly things."

          I closed my eyes and my tears flowed again.  "No one is willing to live in the past."

          The photographer did a video of the whole session and at the same time captured some photos.  He excitedly told us that this shooting was the most successful video that he had ever done, he never expected the effect of crying was so much better than smiling.  I sighed in my heart, we were the most unsuccessful couple in history.

          My mother was hopping like a rabbit (forgive me for my description but she was really very excited) came to my side, held on to my veil and tearfully cried.  "Child, you have inherited all my good traits."

          I knew her greatest strength was her ability to control the flow of her tears like tap water and I wanted to mock her but I was not in the mood and did not know what to say.           
         
          Jiang Li's parents also looked at us with an expression that said ….. They understand the surging diverse emotions of young people who are getting married.'  At this moment, I was facing the beautiful language teacher and I could not even squeeze out a frozen smile for her.

          There are some things that onlookers observe on the surface like, if you feel she is happy, then she is happy and if you feel she is said, then she is sad…….just like tears.

          Naturally only the two people involved knew that the tears shed was not for him.

5