Chapter 7 – Jiang Li is a good actor
1.6k 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         Since young, I had been held in contempt by He Zi.  Whether it was appearance, figure, IQ or maturity, I was not as good as her and the only praise I ever got from her, was my ability to eat.  However, ever since she had set eyes on Jiang Li, she had praised me tremendously for having perfect vision.  This really flattered me and made me even more determined to keep Jiang LI's sexual orientation from her. 

          Because of my perfect 'vision', so He Zi became actively involved in my marriage preparation.  After getting off work or during the weekends, she would be busily helping around which made me feel grateful to her and forgot her tyranny towards me. 

          Although He Zi has never been courteous to me but towards Jiang Li, she was always polite.  Jiang Li has never been polite to me in private but he was always kind towards He Zi.  So, I often lamented that He Zi and Jiang Li were two very compatible people, and if so…….when mentioning up to here, He Zi would give me a slap on my head mercilessly and Jiang Li would watch gloatingly as I was being abused.  Occasionally he would add oil to the fire and then he would sit by the side and watch.

          In general, He Zi was ferocious which I could still tolerate but Jiang Li was evil……this scum!

          Unsurprisingly, He Zi was my bridesmaid and the other bridesmaid was my college classmate, Ai Xue.

          Actually, my best friend in my four years of college was not Ai Xue but another person, and now we are basically strangers.  The reason was a bit melodramatic…….she snatched away my fiancé and was extremely successful at that.  'Struggle' is one TV serial everyone would have watched and in this serial, there was a girl named Milai.  I think I did not have any of Milai's good luck but instead had all her bad luck.

          Aiya, aiya…..all these are in the past, not worth mentioning.

          With He Zi's help in the wedding preparation, I saved a lot of trouble but it nearly brought me disaster……. because she directly made some important decisions which nearly ruined my wedding.

          Although being busy for two weeks, I had insisted that my wedding was just a formality and was like drinking a cup of boiled water…..just to experience it.  However, unexpectedly out of thin air, a few disgusting flies appeared in the boiled water.  Well, to put it bluntly, there were some people that I did not want to see, who appeared at my wedding…… you are right…… 'some' people and not 'a' person.

          As a result, I…..who was actually not involved in this incident was forced into the play.

          I think God really gave me face.  On my wedding day, the Sun God was very hardworking by simply roasting every human on earth like roasted sweet potato with the aim of extracting oil from them without any intention of giving up.  Luckily, our wedding banquet was not held outdoors and basically, the place that I moved around was air-conditioned or else I would really have sweated……..

           
                                        ***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

          Actually, weddings are very boring affairs and I was like a giant clothed doll manipulated by others, going through those strange and tedious routines.  Not only that but I must also smile, not only smile but must also laugh in a modest and dignified manner…… I really did not understand......a marriage actually involved two people but why did these people come to join in?

          I gritted my teeth, mentally prepared myself to cross the last barrier.  I smiled lightly, held hands with Jiang Li and stepped onto the red carpet. 

          Then when I saw the person sitting next to my mother, I could not even manage to muster the slightest smile.

          Jiang Li noticed my discomfort, gently squeezed my hand and said in a low voice, only I could hear.  "Who is he?"  Because his lips did not move, thus his words were not so clear.

          I also replied the same way he spoke.  "Biologically speaking, he is my father........"  I remembered clearly I had told my mother not to let my father know about my wedding, then why was he here?

          Suddenly Jiang Li lifted his other hand, pinched my cheek and said.  "Relax…..it's not a big deal."

          At this moment, when everyone around us was paying their full attention to us as we walked down the red carpet, the atmosphere was solemn but his casual flirtatious action caught everyone by surprise, inviting some sighs and some jeers which of course were expressions of good intentions or could be said, some with evil intentions.

          However, due to his indulgent intimate action (although I knew he was only pretending), the solemn atmosphere immediately relaxed.  Earlier on he had said that a wedding was not a funeral and therefore it should not be a serious affair.

          Because of his meddling, I did not feel so stiff and uncomfortable but instead felt the surrounding air was not so unpleasant.  So, my facial muscles also began to relax and naturally, my face blossomed into a smile for the wedding party.

          I had to admit that Jiang Li was very good at stimulating the atmosphere.

          Later according to witnesses, at that time, Jiang Li was looking at me with so much tenderness that could drown a person.  Although this description was a bit inappropriate, I still admired Jiang Li for his acting ability which was to say he was superbly accomplished…… this guy always had on his cover of idol-appearance and concealing his outstanding acting abilities.

          From the beginning till the end, I did not even look at my biological father and even if my eyes did meet his for a fleeting second, my eyes would directly drift away.  Anyway, there were so many people around, I could look at anyone, why should I look at him and be disgusted?!

          I put the ring on Jiang Li's finger, his fingers were slender with rounded fingernails and his hands generally looked good.  Vaguely I remembered someone in the past who also had a pair of hands like this but I did not have the opportunity to put a wedding ring on that person's finger.

          Just as I was lost in my thoughts, suddenly Jiang Li lifted my face and gently placed a soft kiss on my lips. 

          My body trembled and I closed my eyes holding back my tears.  A long time ago, I often dreamed about that person who would put a wedding ring on my finger like this and then we would kiss, pledge our love for each other and we would also be blessed by many people.  Four years later, this day had arrived but everything was different.

          When Jiang Li's lips left mine, he said to me with a smile.  "Please concentrate."  His voice tone carried dissatisfaction.

          Very good.  His smile was always on display for others and only dissatisfaction and impatience was for me.  I was lucky that I had married someone who was insignificant to me, so no matter how he treated me, I was not the least bothered. 

          Next was the wine toasting from table to table and although I could hold my drink well, after all, I was the bride and it was improper for me to drink too much.  I could only follow behind Jiang Li, taking occasional sips and the rest was blocked by the bridesmaids and grooms.  Jiang Li was actually a good drinker which showed me another side of him. 

          After toasting to relatives, it was the classmates and friends' turn.  When my eyes leisurely swept across the tables of my classmates and friends, my gaze accidentally fell on a figure that I did not want to see for the rest of my life.  Suddenly my legs weaken and I almost collapsed on the spot but fortunately, Jiang Li caught me in the nick of time. 

          Yu Zi Fei ?

          At this moment, Yu Zi Fei was looking at me with an unpredictable expression.

          I stared at him and did not understand why he was here.  I did not invite him.  Today's wedding banquet made me really speechless.  Why did so many uninvited guests turn up?

       With one hand around my waist and the other hand holding my arm, Jiang Li leaned into my ear and coolly said in a voice laced with cynicism and ridicule.  "Your first?"

          I turned my head sideways and stared at Jiang Li's enlarged face due to our proximity.  I tried my best to bring out a big smile and said.  "Please help me.  Can we demonstrate a bit more of happiness?"

          Jiang Li 'lovingly' replied.  "I had portrayed enough happiness but your soul kept on wandering off." 

          I took his hand, summoned up my courage and moved towards Yu Zi Fei's table.  I always like to face whatever painful things head-on so that I could enjoy the happy moments that was coming or else I would always harbor the thoughts of hurtful things to come which would destroy any happiness that I may have.

          Jiang Li turned his hand over, clasped my hand in his and led me to stand in front of Yu Zi Fei.  He moderated his smile, raised a glass full of wine and said to Yu Zi Fei.  "Thank you."  Then he drained the whole glass of wine.

          I think his 'Thank you' could have a lot of meaning.  For example, his 'thank you' could be for helping to look after his girlfriend or 'thank you' for leaving her to me.  But it was dispensed with a sense of arrogance and pride and it also made the other person have a feeling of hatred, so I was very satisfied.  I admit that I was a bit bad but I just did not want Yu Zi Fei to be let off so easily.

          I did not dare to look at Yu Zi Fei but instead looked sideways at Jiang Li, with my most gentle gaze which was focused and also a little affectionate.

          Later, Jiang Li told me that, in fact, he was thinking of congratulating Yu Zi Fei, congratulating him on not getting hitched to a woman like me………depressed.

          Some of those present at the table knew of my past with Yu Zi Fei.  They did not say anything and raised their glasses, conveyed their congratulations to try to break off the conversation.  The smile on my face was stiff and when I turned to the next table to toast, it was like I was fleeing. 

            Jiang Li took my hand, leisurely walked beside me and whispered: "You're really boring."

          He probably thought that I had deliberately invited Yu Zhi Fei, to put on a show right in front of him.  Heavens knew how much I did not want to see him!   I turned back and aggressively glared at He Zhi and was certain she was the one who did this.  At this moment, He Zhi’s eyes wavered and with one look at her, I knew she was guilty.........Good, wait until we go back and I will deal with you! 

          Because Yu Zi Fei had made his appearance earlier in the midst of this, so when I saw Xue Hong sitting at the next table my mood was calm. 

          Xue Hong, the girl who stuck to me for four years in college, whom I had genuinely given my very best to her and later she succeeded in snatching away my fiancé, Yu Zi Fei on the night before my wedding. 

          Again, I glared at He Zi and this Xue Hong was definitely invited by her.

          He Zi looked back at me.  What? ...... So, what if I invited her?

          I was speechless.  I held up my glass and clinked with Xue Hong's glass, then I handed my glass of wine to He Zi…….you, drink this!

          He Zi was not vague.  Although she was an average drinker, she still had the guts to drink.  She could also stand-in to drink at critical times like this and thus she drank it in one shot.

          I had to admit that Jiang Li's mind was indeed sharp.  He had realized that there was something wrong between me and Xue Hong.  So he waited until He Zi had finished her wine, then lifted up his glass.  His eyes casually swept across to Yu Zi Fei and then he began to toast with Xue Hong.

          Xue Hong's face suddenly became flushed……Jiang Li you are very bad!

          Xue Hong and Yu Zi Fe were sitting at different tables which clearly indicated that they had broken up.  At this moment, Jiang Li glanced at Xue Hong and he was obviously telling her:  See?......tussled for something which is not yours, will eventually not be yours.  In the end, you lost your friend and also your love, don’t you deserve it?          

          I must admit that although Jiang Li's behavior was not gentlemanly, I really like it…….

          After the toast with Xue Hong, Jiang Li grabbed my hand, leaned closer and said softly.  "Are you satisfied?"

          I smiled solemnly at him and replied.  "Thank you."

          Jiang Li ignored my gratitude and said with slight impatience.  "Since you are satisfied, then concentrate.  It is disgraceful to be distracted during your wedding."           

          I nodded in compliance.  Although I was not happy with Jiang Li's attitude towards me, he had really given me enough face today.  If I had to face Yu Zi Fei alone, I guessed I would have stammered as I spoke.  Fortunately, we did not say anything hurtful in front of the two people but our aura completely defeated them.  Of course, this aura had nothing to do with me and in actual fact, it was Jiang Li's aura which had overwhelmed the two of them.
         

4