Chapter 18
3.9k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Seeing that I did not respond for a long time, Kang Zixian asked me.  "Are you listening?"

          "Ah?"  I brought my thoughts back to the present, hastily nodded and squeezed out a false smile.  "Yes, listening."

          Kang Zixian stepped forward to stand in front of me and stared at me with his bright shining eyes.  Then he said with a trace of suspicion.  "What are you thinking?"

          I wanted to cry.  I was really kicked in the head by the donkey to assume I could play around with such a viper beauty.  He was too clever and also too aggressive to ward off.

          My smile stiffened for a moment and waving my hand, I said.  "I'm not thinking of anything.  God can testify for me."

          Fortunately, God is not acquainted with this Buddhist child!

          I pushed Kang Zixian and urged him.  "Are you not going to bring me porridge?  Go, your home chef's skill is good and it will be better if you can add a few meat dishes, too."

          He was concise and comprehensive.  "Wait for half an hour."

          "Tsk, tsk…..really I didn’t know your heart can be so beautiful.  Go quickly little Red Riding Hood.  Make sure you come back before it gets dark."

          He looked at me with a gentle expression and gave me a fleeting smile.

          Finally, Kang Zixian was pushed out of the door by me.  After he left, I stood behind the door and heaved a sigh of relief.  But in my heart, a strong emotion was breeding.  I took a deep breath and summoning courage, I opened the door and stuck out my head.

          He was standing by the elevator and even it was only his back view, he gave a feeling of being a jade tree facing the wind* (Noble and handsome).  My mother had once told me that a man who has such qualities are trustworthy.

          Once in the past, I had disagreed with her because Fu Chen's back was slightly thinner.  I refused to admit that it was enough for me to rely on for the rest of my life.

          I did not know whether I was wrong or my mother was wrong but at this moment I did not want to get entangled with this irrelevant crucial problem.  I just wanted to say to this man something that must be said. 

          I stuck out my head, cleared my throat uncomfortably and mulled over my emotions.  *Keke*…..

          He heard me and turned around.

          We were separated by several steps.

          I said.  "This……I know how to write the two words 'thank you'."

          He did not speak and gave me a distant look.

          I said.  "Thank you."

          After Kang Zixian left, I rushed back into the house and took out a big travel bag.  I opened the drawers, rummaged through them and hastily stuffed in some clothes.  I looked around to make sure nothing of importance was left behind and then solemnly zipped up the bag.

          After everything was taken care of, my anxiety eased up a little bit.  I chewed on the soft bread and drank the warm soya milk that Kang Zixian bought.  Holding a pen against a sheet of paper, I was full of energy and enthusiasm.

          I left him a message that read like thisI know you hanker for my beauty but when you see this note, I had ran far and flew away* (Fled).  When you are eighty years old, I allow you to miss me and reminisce that you had once met a beautiful woman like me, but the point is whether you will be able to live to such an old age.  Don’t be discouraged, there will be plenty of girls who will fall in love with you.  Bye-bye.

          I pasted the note on the door so that he could see it at first glance.  Then carrying my big bag and with a sway of my butt, I resolutely walked away.

          But soon I doubled back, hurriedly opened the door again because I forgot to kiss my dad goodbye.

          I pecked my young and handsome dad's photo and hurried to leave but when I saw the photo of my old lady and Alan sitting in the corner, staring at me pitifully, accusing me of being biased, I surrendered.  I went back to give the old couple a peck then carried my bag and rushed off madly.

          I drove to Fei Ge's home.  I have her house keys and she also has my house keys.  So, often the situation would be, after a tiring workday, on reaching home I would find a tall woman sleeping like a log on my bed.  Then I would take off my clothes, threw myself on the bed and the two of us would go into a deep sleep.

          But Fei Ge was involved in sports and even in her sleep, she would have occupational health issues like dreaming in her sleep.  The problem was my head was not as flexible as a volleyball, so often when I got up the next day my head would be swollen.  Fei Ge would ask with concern.  "Ah?  Did you encounter some robbers?  This is such a big swell."

          My mother who had stayed in the States for a long time was used to chaotic relationships over there.  There was a time when she called me and Fei Ge would pick up the call drowsily.  And there was once, my mother had an erotic dream of me and Fei Ge, the two of us were rolling on the bed.......honestly, it was purely rolling on the bed and nothing more than that.  But my mother still woke up and felt that God was hinting to her.  So, disregarding the time difference, she called over to Beijing at 10 pm.  Unfortunately, the result was that Fei Ge picked up the call while I was sleeping in oblivion next to her with my thigh on her stomach.

          The conversation went like this:

          My mother was talking incoherently.  "Liang Liang…ah, where is Fei Ge?"

          Fei Ge who was awakened gave a big yawn and vaguely answered.  "I'm in bed….aunt…."

          "Where is Liang Liang?"

          "She is also in bed."

          "…….both of you are in bed?! ! ! "

          "Ah, we have been in bed the whole night…ah….."

          My mother's hold slackened and the phone fell onto the floor.

          The next day, when Fei Ge told me about my mother's strange call, I felt the old lady's questions were a bit fishy and tried to return her call.  The result was the old lady had booked a return ticket to Beijing. 

          My mother cried on the phone and said she felt very sorry.  She told my dad who was buried in the ground that if she had known I was a pervert, she should not have delivered me on the operating table and save the trouble of preventing me from harming other people's daughter.

          I listened stupidly and finally understood how the matter arose and did not know whether to laugh or cry.  But looking at the old lady who was extremely worried, I patiently explained to her about the exceptionally good Fei Ge, who likes to use short sentences and in fact, her actual meaning was:  Tonight, we had gone to bed early, it is purely sleeping, the type of sleeping without any form of exercise.

          I was angry with my mother for being cranky and could not help but also teased her.  "Mom, when we sleep, we don’t exercise.  Really, not like you and my Uncle Alan.  At your age, you are still so health-conscious and still exercise when you sleep.  What do you call those......quality exercises?  How frequently?  How many times a day?"

          I think my mother was blushing on the end of the line across the Pacific Ocean.  She roared.  "Fang Liang Liang ! ! !  Your skin is itching, is it?"

          I hung up the phone in time and Fei Ge rolled off the sofa laughing like a treacherous weasel.

          Later, my mother's thoughts were dispelled by me because I happily told her about me and Fu Chen.  My mother smiled with happiness and as a reward, she told me she exercises once every four days, usually on the weekends excluding holidays.

          As a filial daughter, I showed concern and said.  "Mom, pay attention to your old waist, your old waist ! ! "

          I settled down in Fei Ge's house with a very happy feeling.  Basically, in the future, I would have nothing to do with Kang Zixian.  The phone number that I used as an undercover had long been dumped by me and he could no longer contact me.  The rich changes old love for new love very quickly and after some time his enthusiasm for me would subside.  Maybe he would not even be able to recognize me when we brush past each other on the streets.  That time, I can easily return home without any trouble.

          The truth was my home was like a small scale garbage dump and the only difference between a real garbage dump and mine was that…..it was not an open-air dump.  Fei Ge's 100 sq.mtr. house was cleaner.  Her mother often took advantage when she was not at home and in training to come over and clean the house for her.  The comfort level here was one notch higher than mine and I was reluctant to leave.

          I laid down comfortably on Fei Ge's pure white sofa like a lazy cat.  Narrowing my eyes, I thought of Kang Zixian’s gloomy expression on his face and his intention of strangling me to death when he finds my note.  With a feeling of glee, I laughed and slapped my thigh with my hand.

          The next morning, when I was still sleeping, I received a call from Lao Tan.  The minute I heard him speaking in his hard cold Mandarin, immediately I became alert.  All sleepiness left me as I wiped off the drool on my face and sat up to concentrate on his speech.

          When Lao Tan gave an order, he was always concise and comprehensive, cherishing his words like gold*.  (Speaking with minimal words.)

          "Liang Liang, the day after tomorrow, exactly at eight o'clock, go to North Hall Road and report to the Office of Academic Affairs.  Xiao Meng will let you know the specific task.  I have a meeting.  I have to go."

          From the beginning to the end, I have not even blinked three times, this uncle had already hung up the call which always gave me a sense of depression.

          But Lao Tan often tormented people, saying a few words and let the men under him try to decipher and comprehend.  As Xiao Meng always says - this is called leadership style.

          Xiao Meng was constantly in contact with the highest level in the Bureau, and it was said that the Bureau Chief was even worse.  Most of the time he would be saying.  "Um"…. "You can leave"…."How is it?" ….. "Got it".  If he were to say a few words more that day, it would result in everyone discussing what had happened to the Bureau Chief.  How can he cherish his words like gold* while making others angry?  Later, Li Fang's speculation was more convincing.  He said…..'Maybe the Bureau Chief's new second wife is too beautiful.  The Bureau Chief is too excited and every night he shouts until his voice becomes hoarse.'   Everyone suddenly realized this and the great mystery was finally solved.

          I was secretly delighted.  Don’t I know of A-High School?  It is the best high school in A-city and the school has never produced a murderer but instead had produced countless elites.  This is the cradle of bookworms, a school that is not easy to get in even if one is to crack his brains.  Fu Chen was one of those elites that graduated from that high school.  That time, I and Weiyi were at the same level.  My aunt would often take Weiyi's A-High School uniform and show off in front of me, saying that A-High School uniform was different from Liang Liang's third-rate school uniform.  After putting on the uniform, one’s grace and elegance would be revealed, unlike some third-rate student who after putting on the uniform, looked like a rogue which my aunt was not accustomed to seeing.

          My aunt had pointedly said 'some third-rate student' which actually meant me and very unfortunately for her, I was the Head of the third-rate high school rogues.  Under me, there was a group of male and female little rogues and we crazily made a bunch of old folks angry.

          And now my luck had changed.  Lao Tan had actually ordered me to report to the famous A-High School Administrative Office.  I closed my eyes and patted my thigh.  Is this not clear?  He is putting me into the school as a teacher….ah!

          I rubbed my hands in a burst of excitement.  Lao Tan's ability is really exceptional.  I, Fang Liang Liang, a third-rate high school graduate rogue unexpectedly without applying for the job could directly become an awesome A-High School Teacher Fang.  That year actually made me detest bitterly all A-high school students.  This is such a beautiful difference!

          Lao Tan was someone I could depend on for my livelihood.  He would never forget me when there were benefits and later I would repay him for taking care of me.

          Smiling, I climbed out of bed and called Xiao Meng for the arrangements.  My heart was thinking about the lessons that Lao Tan had arranged for me to teach.  Mathematics, Literature, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology…..I hardly know any of these subjects.  It was estimated that I would be teaching sports which I could handle, so let this Teacher Fang start teaching.  I will make the group of nerds run five kilometers a day.  Destruction for these children must not be delayed. 

          I was eager to start and Xiao Meng answered the call.  "Hey, Liang Liang.   Haha…."

          Xiao Meng's laugh sounded strange and seemed a little loud……with evil intentions but I brushed it off.

          "Meng Meng….ah."  Xiao Meng is a big fat man and I usually call him this way.  "Lao Tan told me to call you.  What does he want me to do in A-high this time?"

          I already knew but I still had to ask.  In fact, I wanted to know what teaching position my superior had arranged for me and specifically the target I would be getting close to so that it would be easy for me to prepare for the lessons.

          "Liang Liang….ah.  No, no, it should be Fang Liang Liang, fellow student……all of us are so envious of you and Dong Zi.  The two of you can play this time.  At such an old age you can still go back to the high school era, carrying school backpack, wearing school uniform and meeting the teacher with a greeting of 'Good morning'.......really so envious of you....... ha,ha,ha,ha……"

          Meng Zi laughed and it was a bit noisy on his side.  It seemed like there were many people laughing at the same time with Meng Zi taking the lead in laughing out loud.

          I felt foolish as I listened stupidly but I am not a fool.  I clearly heard about this matter, I really, really heard clearly about the matter.

3