Chapter 19
4k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Lao Tan that old thing had actually arranged for this 24-year-old advanced age woman, to mix with high school girls at the prime of their youth.  I am curious as to how many thousand times had his brains had been kicked by the donkey to think up such a bad idea?  I am matured and approaching my 30s and to actually wear a silly high school uniform is ridiculous.   To spend the whole day with groups of boys and girls approaching their 20s is absurd and I could not guarantee their personal safety.

          This provocation was too great!  With my mouth opened and saliva was flying all over I said.  "What?  Carrying a backpack and wearing a school uniform?  Meng Yu, you want a spanking, is it?  Do you actually dare to joke about this old lady?  If you are tired of living, just say so!"

          My chest was heaving up and down and I had a bad feeling, hoping that Xiao Meng was just pulling my leg.

          Xiao Meng knew I had flipped out and he also understood me because I will carry out what I say.  As he had laughed enough, he quickly cut off his laughter, coughed and said in a serious tone.  "Liang Liang, Liang Liang, don’t be angry.  Just now I couldn’t control myself.  Come, let's talk seriously.  This case is like this……"

          Xiao Meng began to talk relentlessly about the case.  The more I listened, the more disheartened I became just like being enclosed in an icehouse feeling the coldness from head to toe.

          Lao Tan's brains had never been kicked by the donkey.  He was a karate black belt holder and in general, before the donkey could kick him, he would have used his shadowless leg to kick the donkey senseless.  Everything that he did, he would have a valid reason without a doubt.

          As a competent subordinate of Lao Tan, under his absolute leadership, I, Fang Liang Liang from beginning to end had…...' to obey'…..with only those two words and without a need for doubt.

          The whole matter was like that.

          When I was suffering during those days in Meise, the Interpol undercover hiding in Haishen Triad, who was more efficient than me by several levels higher, worked hard to dig up a piece of important information.  The key figure – ‘Loong Brother’ was most likely working in A-city's education system.  Hidden in this sacred system but operating his nasty work.

          This was simply a life-saving clue.  All of a sudden, narrowing the range of possible suspects and after going through screening, a target person had floated to the surface.

          Jiang Yuan Loong, a major chemical professor who possessed his own laboratory.  Although he was a scholar, he was no longer learning and outside the school, he has a large printing company.  Recently, his company's cash flow was in a tight bind.  Using deceptive equity acquisition, he became the second-largest shareholder in a real estate company.  This caused a rare uneasiness among the ivory tower of scholars.

          Not only that, Jiang Yuan Loong's background was really amazing.  There was no other reason except that Professor Jiang's wife is a successful career woman.  All the signs pointed to Mrs. Huang Qi Shan, who is hiding behind the scene, as the actual driving force.

          She is the sister of the Mayor's wife……with sisterly love.  These years she has been using her brother-in-law's power and she herself is also smart and capable.  She has been helping her husband to manage the company and so, on the surface, Jiang Yuan Loong's business is legal but in actual fact, the decision-maker is his wife.  And Mrs. Huang, keeping in mind her brother-in-law, the Mayor's political career, had tried to avoid the situation of a big tree attracts the wind* (A famous or rich person attracts criticism).  At crucial times, she would push her husband at the forefront to ward off any criticism, such as this time, this low-key acquisition of shares of real estate companies which only a few people were in the know.  And in this, the Mayor's wife may have a share but this matter was only known among them.

          I listened to Xiao Meng rambled on about matters of the Jiang Family.  My heart was asking how could the Mayor allow such relatives to implicate him just for them to seek higher status and how could he collude with an overseas triad group to produce counterfeit money?  After eating one's fill, one had to provide full support in return and Xiao Meng also had the same thought.  But now Jiang Yuan Loong had met all the criteria of the suspect and the biggest suspicion was Huang Qi Shan who had recently made an aggressive business decision which led to the stalling of their fund returns and on the other side, the real estate company's funds recycling period was far too long.  This was also a money-burning industry and at this stage, they could only put in more huge amount of investments which could turn into their motive for the crime.

          As a preventive measure, Lao Tan had decided to investigate further.  After all, the most disgusting eyesore was this suspect, Jiang Yuan Loong.  But recently, Jiang Yuan Loong was involved in a big car accident which almost took his life.  After leaving the hospital, he had stayed in his house without stepping out and in order to take care of him, his wife moved the office back to their home and conducted their business from home.

          Now things had become complicated.  At the most, this family was classified as suspects only and without any reliable evidence, so naturally, they could not be hurled back for interrogation.  The most troublesome was this family's backing was someone Lao Tan could not meddle with.  The Bureau Chief had told him not to act rashly otherwise he would not be able to protect his black veil* (Unable to keep his official position).

          Since they cannot make a clear move, then they can only make a dark one.* (Unable to make a move in the open then have to resort to making a move secretly)

          Dark moves naturally would mean planting listening devices in their family home and tracking telephone conversations between his home and outsiders.

          But talking was always easier than actually doing it.  Which household would allow strangers to set foot into their private space for more than a minute?  So Lao Tan had painstakingly devised a plan for two of his men to plant the listening devices but unfortunately, they had failed.

          So, with a young and tender face, I…..once again was entrusted with the important task.  Carrying a school backpack and with braided hair, I was given the order to get close to Jiang Yuan Loong's son - Jiang Li.

          I finally understood why Lao Tan suddenly cut off the line which he rarely did and allowed Xiao Meng to let me know the details of the task.  I remembered the few words he said about the task which was explicit, to make sure that I thoroughly understand the task.

          This old guy found it difficult to tell me the reason but it was actually very simple.  Let me, this auntie who was approaching her 30s, learn to speak like Lin Chi Ling* (A famous Taiwanese actress) with her girlie voice and with my "beautiful girl" attitude to get close to the young handsome Jiang Li and then step into his home, which was a ridiculously difficult thing for me to do.

          This old guy finally felt sorry for me but did not leave any room for discussion.

          Feeling dispirited, I threw the phone away and lying on the bed, I felt the darkness without daylight* (The world of injustice) was on the verge of fiercely hitting me.  I just climbed out from the group of demons in the lascivious nest but now I have to jump into the group of demons in the children's nation to act like a clown.  Thinking of what Xiao Meng had said.  "Ling Liang, that is nothing, brace yourself and do it."  As long as you tie two braids just like a little girl and from time to time, pout your little mouth, open your eyes wide pretending to be innocent, then no one will be able to see you are actually going to be thirty…….."

          "Ah!…..beasts ah!………..kill me!………."  I was frustrated and scratching my hair, I was at the brink of collapse.

          I was just being irritated for only an afternoon and feeling depressed, I subconsciously found a pair of scissors and cut all the long leaves on all the bonsai plants of Fei Ge that were sitting on the balcony into bald chickens.  Squatting on the ground, I looked at the complete mess of green leaves that were spread on the floor.  The bonsai plants without their leaves were sneezing in the cold wind and finally, I showed a perverted smile.

          I accepted my fate.  When night came, I patted my ass and went out to buy all the things that an 18-year-old high school girl would like:  kawaii school bag, kawaii hairband, kawaii short skirt….."

          Kawaii, kawaii, kawaii your mother!

          F**K!

          Squeezing into a group of tender female high school students that were busy picking out things, I angrily looked to my right side and saw a little girl with a face full of pimples and a shriveled body.  When I turned to my left, I saw a baby fat short girl, and finally with self-deceit, I said to myself:  When I, Auntie Fang, put on my school uniform, at least I will look better than the two of you......chest resembles chest, ass resembles ass and at least not chest looks like ass, ass looks like chest!

          When I took a huge bag painted with the face of Mickey to the checkout counter, I guessed my face was so foul that it was as smelly as a skunk and as a result, the girl attending at the counter smiled and warmly said.  "This bag is very popular with children.  Miss, your baby will love this."

          My face twitched and was silent for a long time before saying.  "It's for my own use."

          Tonight my nerves were not normal.  On a whim, in order to provoke the attendant whose smile was beginning to stiffen, I gradually and slowly picked up my pink little bag, shyly smiled at her and floated out of the shop.

          I admit that when I am not feeling good, I always did not let others feel good too.

          The next day, the day that was supposed to be a school morning, in order to reward this old lady for returning to High School campus, God had summoned torrential rain.  My hair was tied into two silly braids and carrying a pink Mickey bag, paired with a floral pink umbrella, I stood like a flower pillar in front of the High School entrance.

          My appearance blinded the eyes of the passers-by and the children.

          I pulled my braids and began to feel upset with myself.  Was my outfit too flowery?  But yesterday in the girls' store, the little girls were all dressed like floral butterflies.  I had already left girlhood for a long time so now I am just following the trend…….

          But it seemed I have gone over the limit.

          So under the guidance of the director whose eyes were filled with disgust, I held my breath and stepped into Class 4 …….I knew I had caused a sensation.

          Below the podium, thirty or forty young curious faces were dazzled by the colors on my body.  Tongues were wagging and the experienced me who was in front of a nest of young children, suddenly bowed.  My heart jumped and realized that I had grown old.  Even with my whole body in pink, I still could not conceal the many changes in my increasingly wretched old toad soul.

          In the pairs of young and pure eyes, this old lady…….became timid.

3