Chapter 20
4k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I swallowed and began to introduce myself.  Originally, I had planned to talk non-stop to give Jiang Li a good impression but before I could start......I failed.

          "Hello everyone, I…..I am…….I am……."

F**k!  Suddenly I could not remember my own pseudonym……what is my pseudonym?  I felt embarrassed and blinked.  Facing dozens of pairs of eyes, I could only scratch my head and mumbled to the English teacher at the door.  "Teacher, what am I called?"

          Everyone below the podium burst into laughter and the teacher also laughed, while the two girls sitting in the front row whispered in a volume high enough for the whole class to hear.

          "Hey, does she have a brain problem?'

          "Her clothes are really immature!  Nowadays, who will wear those clothes and the face is a bit matured!……"

          "Like a silly big sister!……"

          "Maybe she is Sister Furong's* younger sister, ha, ha……" (The simple brainless female character in the Chinese costumed sitcom "Martial Arts Rumor")

          Standing on the podium facing everyone, my face began to feel hot.  Nowadays, children are smarter like monkeys with their fiery eyes and gold pupils.  I smiled at Teacher Ye and said in embarrassment.  "Teacher, I am nervous, once I am nervous, I'll forget.  What is my name and where do I come from?"

          Teacher Ye is a beautiful lady, gentle and refined who looks almost the same age as me. She could not help but grin and said.  "Jian Mei Da, are you sure you are not trying to be funny?"

          Yo…..Jian Mei Da is the name of the stupid big sister!

          I performed a 90-degree bow and then facing the bastards who were laughing arrogantly, I vehemently introduced myself.  "Hello, everyone.  My name is Jiang Mei Da.  Everyone can call me Ada but don’t call me Dada.  There is nothing wrong with my brains and I am also not Sister Furong's younger sister.  I am not even her distant relative.  That is, I hope we can become good friends.  I'm a newcomer, so please everyone take care of me."

          "Why can't we call you Dada?"  The girl wearing glasses sitting in the front row wiped off the saliva that I had sprayed on her face and asked timidly.

          "Uh."  I was annoyed and scratched my head.  With the thirty to forty pairs of curious eyes giving me invisible suppression, I faintly said.  "In ancient language, Dada means darling.  Frankly, I really don’t want to have too many darlings……."

          Below, the little bastards who seemed to have a tacit understanding were blank for a moment before they burst into another round of tsunami-like laughter which made me once again deeply understand that I, Fang Liang Liang is here not as an undercover but to be a comedian.

          Because I was considered tall, Teacher Ye arranged for me to sit by the window in the second row, counting from the back, beside a girl with a ponytail.  The little bastards were obviously interested in me and scrambled to watch me as I come down from the podium but all my attention was focused on the second row, counting from the back on that young, insufferably arrogant, handsome face.

          Jiang Li !

          I looked at him and he also looked at me with that pair of beautiful eyes.  His mouth was slightly lifted at the corner, without a smile and his face was full of faint disdain and mockery.  I felt that his ridicule for me was even more than the others.

          Before this, Xiao Meng had sent over a photo of Jiang Li when he was 18 years old but he is now 1.8m, thin, handsome and is also outrageously fair.  According to the words of Xiao Meng, a young cute boy whose hairs were not yet fully grown.* (Not a full-fledged young man)

          But after I had seen him personally, the impression he gave me, I had only a word that could describe him:   Cocky!

          As to Jiang Li being handsome, I did not have much thought.  After seeing Kang Zixian, the matured top-notch handsome guy, my sense of aesthetics had suddenly sharpened.  This Jiang Li could be considered as Kang Zixian's younger duplicated version.

          I shifted my eyes away from him, smiled at the little girl next to my seat and sat down.  With my heart in fragments, I pulled out my pencil bag and English books then painfully glanced at the book with its curvy toad text and angrily turned to the girl next to me to strike up a conversation.

          "Hello, my name is Jiang Mei Da, what is your name?"  I asked passionately.

          "Song Chang Ran."  The little girl smiled timidly at me.  That smile was as pure as lilies and even the few faint freckles on her nose showed me her invincible youth.

          "Song Chang Ran, you are really beautiful.  I like to sit with beautiful girls at the same table."  I flattered her and even as I heard my own voice speaking, it was like listening to a rogue dallying with a girl. 

          The little girl smiled slightly and whispered.  "Class is on, pay attention.'

          The reason why I did not understand the English lesson was that in high school, my worst subject was English.  As to when one should add an adverb to sentence construction, I was never clear nor fully understood. 

          Originally, there was no cure for my bad English but unexpectedly my old mother married an American.  In order not to break my mother's glass heart, I bit the bullet and together with Alan, I talked to him like a chicken talking to a duck* for a whole year.  It helped my heartbreaking spoken English leveled up a tremendous step. 

         (A chicken talking to a duck means a conversation held between two people in two different languages without understanding what the other person is talking about.)

          Now my spoken English is fluent.......and especially when I swear, I am the best!

          But now as I listen to Teacher Ye speaking the standard London accent, the gentle voice analyzing sentence structure, I just yawned.  I covered my mouth and yawned as my eyes roamed around.  As a result, when I was yawning halfway, I noticed Jiang Li who was sitting two seats away, at the side, was also yawning.

          Our eyes met and I quickly closed my mouth.  I opened my eyes wide to look cute and gave him a warm smile.  As a result, this young boy cast me a cold glance without even blinking his eyes and he turned away coolly to listen to the lecture leaving my warm smile instantly froze in mid-air.

          I was embarrassed.  Jiang Li 's big bear seatmate who thought I was smiling at him, turned red in his face and shyly smiled at me.  Flushing up to his ears, he quickly lowered his head to read his notes.

          I, this overage White-Bone Witch who lost in that cool boy's encirclement, almost burst into tears.

          After the class was dismissed, I sat around feeling bored.  Song Chang Ran looked shy and I took the initiative to strike up a conversation with the hope of getting a little information on Jiang Li's preferences from her so that I could complete my task earlier.  But this little bookworm talked only a few words, then bowed down her head to do her worksheets, making me so angry that I rolled my eyes but could not do anything.

          In the class, there were a lot of bastards who intentionally or unintentionally stood around to watch me but I was only concerned about a person from the beginning.

          I turned around and glanced at Jiang Li who was sitting a meter away, writing on his work papers.  Red lips, white teeth......from my angle looking towards him, the side of his face looked like a young female but his dark thick eyebrows betrayed that look.

          With this type of mensao* school grass*,  can the people who are willing to subsidize him be any less?

          (Mensao usually describes a male who has a cold appearance but is deep and passionate inside.)

          (School grass is a male student voted to be most handsome in school.)

          My eyelids twitched as a terrible idea quickly crossed my mind and I subconsciously slapped my hand on the table, *Pa*……which attracted the attention of the whole class of bastards.

          Everyone turned around and thirty to forty pairs of small and big eyes stared at me.  Song Chang Ran became frightened and her face was full of disapproval.

          Under the watchful eyes, I rubbed on the painful spot on the palm of my hand and smiled as I looked at everyone in embarrassment.  "That....I….I wanted to test the hardness of the table."  I put my index finger on the table.  "This……is good quality, ah.  Ha, ha, ha, This is indeed a famous school……"

          Again, there was a mixture of loud and faint taunting laughter.

          The children turned back to continue with their work.  Out of the corner of my eyes, I could still see Jiang Li looking appreciatively at me.  I turned around and released my most brilliant smile.  In my heart, I gritted my teeth and wanted to ask him:  Little Brother, you are not a homosexual, right?

          It was a long-suffering day and other than the dizziness I received from the dazzling text of the heavenly books of Mathematical physics, Chemical biology, English lessons, it seemed I did not make any progress.

          The reality almost made me crazy.  Lao Tan gave me a deadline that was tight and really assumed I am a superwoman with three-heads, six-limbs.* (A very capable woman).  Still what my old mother said is true.......no matter how strong a woman, she should always pretend to be a small bird and nestled up to a man like Lin Daiyu* (The beautiful and talented heroine of Dream of Red Mansions).  A strong woman should always act silly and with a slight provocation, she would straighten her body to fight until death like a mother cockroach.

          With regret, I cannot go back to the beginning and I even began to miss the days in Meise.  Fortunately, I did not have to go home and do my homework.

          Probably God took pity on me.  This day, when I was on class duty, I got to know the little girl wearing glasses sitting in the first row called Ding Wu Shuang.  This little girl was a bit weird and after talking to her for about half an hour later, I was pleased to find out that this little girl's gossip skill was unparalleled.

          Heavens, thank you for sending me a wonderful child in my times of need!

          I tossed away the reservations that I had when I first came here and went straight to the point.  I directly asked about the handsome guy and of course, I still had to beat around the bush a little.  I furtively went up to Ding Wu Shuang and whispered to her.  "Wu Shuang, Wu Shuang, in our grade, is there any top-grade handsome guy?"

          My ultimate goal was to lead the topic of discussion to Jiang Li.

          Ding Wu Shuang's cunning eyes flashed, then furtively looked around the area before she sneakily dragged me to the garbage corner while holding a broom. 

          I secretly chuckled...... looks like hot news!

          The two of us, one with the intention to gossip, one harboring ulterior motives, whispered and chatted about women's eternal topic:  Handsome guys........

          "Handsome guy?  You want to know?  Why?"

          "Yes.  Do you know what they call me in my original school?   A love-struck flower in a cluster of flowers!   Quick tell me, tell me!  In our grade, who is the top-grade handsome guy?  I am going to salivate!"

          "…….Top grade, well, Ning Xuan in Class 5, ah……"  Ding Wu Shuang's pair of unparalleled hands were clenched into fists and stars of adoration were flashing in her eyes.  "My Xiao Xuan Xuan…….."

          "No more?"  I almost wanted to hit her but restrained my temper and guided her along. 

          As expected, Ding Wu Shuang again looked around to determine no one was eavesdropping and carefully said.  "And there is Jiang Li who is in our class.  The two of them rotates as our school grass.  This semester is Ning Xuan's turn, so I decided to like Xuan Xuan a little bit more.  Anyway, Jiang Li is close by, so every day I can see him and I am tired of him.  Xiao Xuan Xuan behaves worse than Jiang Li and is more mysterious."

          The name 'Xiao Xuan Xuan' spat from Wu Shuang's mouth made my intestines trembled.  Nowadays handsome guys are quite pitiful as they eventually end up being in a girl's collection of pets.   Even the nickname also sounded like a pug.  No wonder his temper was also not good.

          Actually, Kang Zixian was also brought up with a lot of pampering.  At this time, Kang Zixian suddenly appeared in my mind with his distinctively cold and occasional warm handsome face.  I did not know why this time I suddenly thought of him.  Probably it was because of my guilty conscience.

          I shook my head and banished the thought of the disgusting Kang Zixian from my mind.

          "Wu Shuang, who do you like more?"  I asked the question to determine whether Wu Shuang could help me. 

          "Umm……"  Wu Shuang felt shy.  Her small eyes concealed her love but her pupils were glittering and she pulled her collar tightly as she said in embarrassment.  "I like Ning Xuan."

          Little Obedient, your auntie was waiting for this answer!

          I was overjoyed.  Taking a deep breath, I restrained my great excitement, pretended to be cute and asked her.  "But Wu Shuang, I think our class Jiang Li is also very handsome and very cute, too."

          Wu Shuang displayed an expression of disdain and waved her hand.  "Mei Da, there are things you don’t know.  Jiang Li's temper is very bad and he always ignores people.  Although Xiao Xuan Xuan is a playboy, he is more polite."

          I blinked my eyes a few times, then suddenly used force to hold Wu Shuang's shoulders and said in a painful tone.  "But, Wu Shuang, what to do?  I…..I think I like…..I like Jiang Li…..love at first sight……"

          Wu Shuang was dumbstruck.  To pursue this matter, I blinked at her and made a persistent effort.  "Shuang Shuang, good Shuang Er, you will help me, right?  I really like Jiang Li, this type of boys! ! ! !"

          Seeing that Wu Shuang was dubious, I pretended to be shy, bowed my head and twisted the hem of my shirt.  "Wu Shuang, Iet me tell you a secret.  I was really surprised but before this, I didn’t believe in love-at-first-sight but today when I saw Jiang Li……"

          Suddenly, I fiercely grabbed her shoulders which made her so scared that she widened her small eyes.  "When he looked at me, I felt a streak of lightning and thunder….*shwa, shwa, shwa*…..my heart was struck and my heartbeat quickened.  Very fast, very fast, as if there is really a deer jumping in my heart.  I thought I was about to die, but after a long time I finally understood, I was…..emotionally affected!"

          Wu Shuang was deceived by my superb performance and for a long time, she did not speak.

          I was getting anxious and ruthlessly said.  "Shuang Shuang, my daddy [vomit] said that I can be considered a little beauty and I think Jiang Li will also like me.  You say, will it be okay if I do the reverse and pursue Jiang Li?   I really like him!  I feel very anxious and impatient! ! ! !"

          I did not carry on.  I was afraid that if I continued, Shuang Shuang would vomit and if she did not, I would be the first to vomit all over the place.

          After acting out my confession in Qiong Yao-style*(A famous writer of romance stories), Wu Shuang's expression showed her dislike for my sputter and she was obviously slowly digesting the whole matter.

          "Son of a bitch!"  Shuang Shuang suddenly mumbled and a determined light flashed in her eyes.  She used her hands to wipe off my saliva from her face then clenched her hands into fists and in a firm and decisive voice, she said.  "Tackle him!"

          Vaguely, I seemed to see the glorious light of victory shining over my head.

2