Chapter 9
950 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I was ignited by an unknown wave of fire shooting through my body up to my eyes and I coldly stared at him and asked.  "What do you want to say?"

           With hands inserted into his trouser pockets, he took a step nearer, lowered his head to my eye-level, like a proud confident peacock, arousing disgust from within me.  "I'm just curious.  Tonight, the one you want to save, is one of your boyfriends?"

          Facing such a seemingly handsome but mean face with thin lips spitting slanderous words which harbor malicious intentions, I instinctively wanted to strike back but had to practice self-restraint to control myself. 

          I felt so angry that my body trembled like a leaf but I did not react harshly, but only took a step forward, stood on tiptoe and put up my cold hands to entwine his neck.  Lifting my eyebrows, I asked.  "Why?  Are you interested to be one of them?"

          His reaction was to tightly close his lips, narrowing his eyes and a dangerous glint flashed in his eyes.

          Then I realized that my provocation had crossed over the line and was about to let go of my hands when he removed my teasing hands and seriously replied.  "Sorry, not interested."

          I breathed a sigh of relief, shrugged my shoulders and turned around.  After taking a few steps forward, I turned back with a smile and gave him a wink.  "That's why I will not harm you."

          He was still standing where I left him, looking at me in puzzlement.  I was feeling anxious and standing by the side of his car, I waved at him.  "Come on!  If we wait any longer, my little boyfriend will become another man's boyfriend."

          When I was sitting in Kang Zixian's car, I noticed that he had turned on the heater blowing warm air onto my bare skin giving me a sense of comfort like being immersed in the mountain hot springs.

          Unfortunately, the man sitting beside me was emitting cold air and I was anxiously looking out the car window at the passing bustle of night entertainment.  I could not resist and asked.  "How much longer will we reach the place?"

          "An hour.  That club is on the hillside."  He replied without a trace of emotion.

        In my heart, I was silently cursing.  I felt a slight headache with some discomfort and kneaded my throbbing temples, thinking of spending an hour in the presence of an iceberg.  It was just like during high school when I had to endure the tedious English lessons in class.

          Kang Zixian did not seem to be interested to hold a conversation with me and originally, I also did not intend to talk with him, but when I thought of the friendship between Deng Loong and him, maybe I could ferret out some useful information from him. 

          I cleared my throat and said.  "It's a bit boring, maybe we can have a talk."

          He concentrated on his driving and did not reply, obviously giving me a cold shoulder.

          I felt the anger in my heart and unable to control the urge for emotional retaliation, I giggled and asked evilly.  "You……are you Deng Loong's boyfriend?"

          "Ah!"  A sharp twist of the car movement ended with my head banging on the glass of the window, causing me to see stars.

          Kang Zixian slowly brought the car to a stop.  I rubbed my sore forehead, looked at him in surprise and did not think he would give such a violent reaction.   At this moment, I was trying to guess whether I had guessed right……that he was gay.

          After all, I told myself, birds of a feather flock together.

          Kang Zixian brought his eyebrows together in a straight line and stared at me sideways.  The dim light of the car fell on the bridge of his high nose outlining his sculpture-like beauty but his domineering aura gave a reminder that this man cannot be disregarded.

          His expression told me that he was very displeased and I decided that I would not let him off easily.

          I clearly understood and took the initiative.

          "In fact, you do not have to be so agitated.  I do not discriminate against your group of people.  Of course, Aids discriminates against your type and had heard that the infection rate is high.  You should take care and use protection.  Moderation is always better."

          Kang Zixian did not speak.  Both his eyes were flashing with a glint and he glared at me while gnashing his teeth.  "Three days…… I only know you for three days but I have the urge to nip your thoughts for almost three hundred times. Fang Fang, keep this in mind."

          "Can't you take a joke?  No sense of humor."  I pursed my lips and sat back.  A streak of lightning struck across the night sky, closely followed by loud spring thunder.  The rain became heavier and heavier, the sound of rushing rain was endless.

          With the intention of reversing the embarrassing atmosphere, I pretended to rub my arms with my hands, looking worriedly at the vast night scene, muttering.  "Really cold."

          Actually, I was paving a way out of this situation for myself.

          The next second, there was some movement from Kang Zixian and to my astonishment, he had taken off his coat and threw it to me.  After that, he silently started the car.

          I did not know whether to laugh or cry at his sudden actions.  I hesitated, gave him a look, saw that he was obviously not happy and did not intend to brush off his good intentions as I really needed such a thick coat.

          Such kindness was difficult to decipher and so I generously accepted his kind gesture and put on the coat.

          Outside, the rain was getting heavier and only a few cars were on the road, making the spring night seemed hollow and desolate.

          I sat quietly, looking out of the window into the darkness, thinking of Fu Chen's black eyes……eyes that were showing his love which made my eyes sting.  Obviously, he had once belonged to me and the truth was I had lost him.  My nose felt a tinge of sourness.  Looking out the window into the night, I became silent.

          As I began to feel sleepy, suddenly Kang Zixian who was beside me started to talk.  "We were college mates and have known each other for many years."

          "Oh."  I brighten up from my sleepy state.  Brushing away my sadness, I pricked up my ears to listen to what he was about to say next.

          "I understand him.  Your…….boyfriend…..."  He emphasized heavily on the word 'boyfriend'...."is very safe.  Martin is a gentleman although he gives the impression that he is not."

          I was skeptical.  "Since you believe him, why did you promise to take me there?   It seems that you are also not certain."

          "It is reasonable to say that I should refuse you."  He turned and gave me a deep meaningful glance.  "Luckily tonight, Miss Fang's story made it worthwhile.  I should thank you."

          'You….."  My resentment immediately forged upwards but I had to swallow it down and at the same time making my heart, liver, and lungs dislocate.

          Originally, I had a headache but now after Kang Zixian made me angry, my headache had become a throbbing pain and the thunder continuously rumble and rumble without giving me any peace.

          Normally I would not rest but after tirelessly working for the whole day, I decided to let my tight nerves relax for now because later I would have to use all my energy to bring Dong Zi away from the clutches of Deng Loong.  I had to know my priority and this man, Kang was not worth arguing with.

          I closed my eyes and leaned back on the seat, without any energy left to even wave my hand.  "I know how you are thinking of me.  Yes, I'm the third wheel, a vixen, a leg in a lot of boats.  Whatever all bad women do, I have done everything that can be done and a whole lot more.  I am the Queen of all bad women, will that do?"

          I half narrowed my eyes and felt weak.  Suddenly I realized that what I had said earlier was not outrageous.  As to Fu Chen and Weiyi, I owed it to them…..especially Dong Zi.  I did not treat Dong Zi well.  Even though I knew Deng Loong had an interest in him, I still let him continue working.  Especially tonight, if there is any blood drama, I would be totally responsible.

          But when I thought about this, thanks to Kang Zixian, I denied myself, denied everything and I became depressed.

          He smiled and said.  "I see that you are acting like a submarine."

          I was startled, heavens ah……, what mentality did this man possess?  Why is it that some people have both beauty and terrible wisdom and allow ordinary folks like me, to live?

          I have nothing to hide.

          I did not turn around nor looked at him and said.  "Whatever you want to say is alright with me.  It was wrong of me to provoke you when I was drunk that time but you can rest assured I still have a little conscience.  After this, you can take the path on the right and I will walk down the path on the left, so don’t think of laughing at me again."

          Not knowing why but I traced my fingertips to draw on the window pane like an 18-year-old young girl showing her temper.  As always, I behaved like a shrew after losing an argument and mind you, I was perfectly at good at that.

          "One to the left……One to the right……."  Kang Zixian sat thinking for a while, suddenly I heard a chuckle and seeming to be in a good mood, he said.  "What if we are walking around a circular flower bed?"

          I was completely defeated by him, jumped up and fiercely said.  "Then wreck the flower bed!  No! No!  Blow it up! ! !"

          When he saw me flying into a rage, unexpectedly he turned his head and laughed out loud.  His smile bloomed at that moment and I thought I saw all the lights that were shining brightly in the night, converging on his face.

          Could this man be Jincheng Wu*(JW is a famous, talented, handsome Japanese actor) living a double live outside?

          I, this 'bad woman' finally could not help but gulp down my saliva.

2