Chapter 10
972 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         When we arrived at Deng Loong's private club 'Rush' which was located in the district of Qingshan Xiushui, it was nearly two o'clock in the morning.  I felt dizzy like a sick chicken and my body felt slightly hot but I had always been optimistic and decisive.  Shaking off my negative thoughts, I jumped out of the car.

          Of course, I took off the Kang Zixian's coat.  Wearing another man's coat looking for a man was asking for trouble.  In my weakened state, I stumbled. 

          The club was a small building with a European style architectural design, crawling with ivy plants.  The outside façade looked bland and dilapidated but did not expect the interior design to be in such an extremely distinctive flavor.

          It should be said that compared to the interior of Meise which was extremely extravagant, Rush was just as simple as a cowshed but with a vastly different level.

          Kang Zixian walked in unimpeded.  On seeing him enter the door, a man who looked like the manager came forward to greet him politely.  Kang Zixian did not say much to the manager and straight away asked for Deng Loong.  Then he led me upstairs in big strides.

          I followed behind him, feeling amazed that this man really had an aura of a boss and my heart felt a bit sour.

          Two minutes later, I stood at the door with wide eyes, not daring to believe what was in front of me.

          I felt very angry.

          My comrade Ai Dong was good and so was his chrysanthemum.  I thought of the fear that evaded me during the few hours he shut off his cellphone.  This guy with a cigarette dangling from his lips, shrouded in the clouds of smoke was playing cards.  He had forgotten his pledge to serve the public and the people, forgotten his post as a police officer.

          Feeling angry was reasonable but here in the cave of demons and snakes, it was not the time to let off my temper.

          First, to solve the immediate problem, I had to get this guy out of this ghostly place or else he would lose all his stakes including his underwear, not to mention his cover and in turn be thrown into a gigolo nightclub to settle his debts.

          In the room were four gamblers who were in the full swing of gambling.  I pretended to scream at him.  "You, dead ghost!  Running here this time…..have you forgotten it's time to take your medicine?  Do you still want to live?"

          Once Dong Zi saw me, he felt scared and he opened his mouth wide, so wide that an egg could be inserted easily into this mouth.  I swayed my hips and quickly walked to his side.  I did what a shrew would generally do…..pinched his ear and gave his ear a sharp twist.  Hearing him yelling 'aiyo' like a pig, made me feel extremely comfortable.

        I looked at Deng Loong who was sitting opposite Dong Zi and I gave him a smile and winked.  Deng Loong's face sank.  I was not afraid.  Feeling bold and confident, I raised my voice and said.  "Boss, this little one of my family has a small illness.  He cannot stay up all night and has to take his medicine daily to hang on to his dear life."  Frowning, I pointed my fingers at Dong Zi, and worked hard at my play-acting.  "You see, this dead ghost will always forget to take his medicine when he is sick and made me come all the way here." 

          My impromptu arrival caused Deng Loong to be greatly displeased.  He threw down the cards in his hands and in a low voice asked.  "Who brought you in?"

          "I…"  Kang Zixian who was leaning against the door answered with an attitude of a romantic, using his chin to point at me.  "I was moved by a lover who wanted to send medicine over a thousand miles." 

          My spirit was tightly stretched to the limits and I could still feel the sting of his words but this man was still dependable.  I threw him a grateful glance.

          When Deng Loong saw Kang Zixian, his looks soften and with a cold face, he mocked him.  "When did you become so humane?"

          Kang Zixian chuckled and the fat Su Jin Wei sitting at the side joined in.  "Recently both of you had become very humane.  We should do an analysis and find out why.  Is it because of what William Shakespeare said about those things called ***love?"

          "Reid!"

          "Shut up!"

          The two men had almost at the same time stopped the fatty from talking nonsense.  The fatty held up his hands in a gesture of surrender and said.  "Ok, Ok, don’t get excited.  Just pretend I didn’t say anything.  I didn’t say anything."  He took a sip of wine and said in a muffled tone.  "I'm very confused recently, reading the points stated in his poems."

          Kang Zixian pulled at his tie and said faintly.  "I doubt if he can help you."  

          Deng Loong gave a cold humph.  "Why are you normally so stupid and in contrast you are so smart in court?  That old man, Shakespeare, when he wrote this pile of things, it could be he has yet to understand this properly."

          I and Dong Zi looked at each other,  listening in confusion.  What is happening now?   A Shakespeare poetry discussion seminar?  Now, our lives should be hanging by a thread, right?  We should be in a stalemate, right?  But it seems that I and Dong Zi, this pair of "pitiful mandarin ducks" was completely forgotten and no longer visible.

          I was about to leave with Dong Zi when that Kang Zixian's sharp eyes swept across to stare at me and inadvertently said.  "I didn’t drive all the way here for an hour to invite you to listen about Shakespeare."

          I bowed to Deng Loong and lightly smiled at him.  "Hehe, Boss.  I want to feed this little one his medicine.  You can continue.  You can continue."

          "Thank you, Boss, for your hospitality.  I will go now and take my medicine.  We……see you tomorrow."  Dong Zi was smart enough to stand up and smiled.

          Deng Loong did not move.  He frowned and solemnly watched as I led Dong Zi away hand in hand.  His face turned dark and gloomy.

          When I came to the door, while brushing past Kang Zixian's shoulders, I whispered.  "Thank you."  In retaliation for his evil words just now, I could not help but jab at him.  "You do not only look beautiful externally, but you are also more beautiful in your mind."

          Then I pulled Dong Zi along and left quickly with big steps.

          Coming to the corner of the stairs where nobody would pass, I finally could not control my anger.  I pushed Dong Zi hard against the wall and my bloodshot eyes mirrored the dissatisfaction I felt.  I could not suppress my anger and Dong Zi was also feeling sorry.  Clasping his hands together, he said.  "Senior Sister……"

          I stared at him and moving closer I warned him in a low voice.  "Are you out of your mind?  Did you bring your brains with you today?  Be aware of your surroundings before you call me!  Remember, I'm now your girlfriend!"

          Dong Zi probably woke up from the gambling session, nodded again and again.  "Senior……Oh, I know."

          "You must have eaten the leopard's gall* ( Have great courage), to shut off your cellphone."

          "No, no, I can explain.  Deng Loong was unhappy that I was always looking at my cellphone and he forced me to turn it off."

          "Do you have pig brains?  He said to turn it off so you turn it off.  Why didn’t you excuse yourself to go to the toilet to give me a call?"

          "I also wanted to but the phone was confiscated by him.  I'm innocent."

          "What?!!  Then where is your cellphone?  Still with him?"

          "Yes…..yes, it is"

          I could not help but gave this idiot's skull a knock and really wanted to write the words 'idiot' on his forehead.  I felt so angry that I was sure smoke was emitting from my head.

          "Aiyo, Sister…..sister……it hurts."         

          "Pain, pain, pain?!  It's lucky that your chrysanthemum didn’t get to feel the pain."  I pulled at him.  "Go…….go and get back your phone!"

          Dong Zi did not move.  "Senior Sister, I am afraid……."

          I could not control myself and gave him another knock on his head and fiercely said.  "Now you feel afraid.  Why were you not afraid when I saw you playing cards with a cigarette dangling from your mouth?"

          I softly scolded Dong Zi and at this moment, unexpectedly I heard the crisp sound of a lighter's click around the corner of the stairs.  I jumped with fright and following the sound I took a look.  I did not know how long Kang Zixian had been leaning against the wall about a meter away with his head down playing with a lighter in his hands.

        *Pa-da, pa-da......*  With a cold face, he was opening and closing the lighter and my heart raced in quicken beats.

        My brain froze momentarily and then I reacted.  I pushed Dong Zi, who was also frightened, forward and gestured to him to get his cellphone back.  As for Kang Zixian, I would have to deal with him myself.

          Dong Zi gave Kang Zixian a glance then ran off like a little rabbit.  I composed myself, strode towards Kang Zixian and stood in front of him.  Lowering my voice, I said.  "What is the meaning of this?  Sneakily listening in to people's conversation and I just praised you for the beauty of your mind."

          He looked up.  "It was only your wishful thinking."  He pointed to the front.  "You were blocking the way."

          He played with his lighter again.  "Anyway this is not a good place to pick when you want to talk in whispers."

          It was carelessness on my part.  I had nothing to say, coldly snorted and did not look at him.

          "To nurture feelings between senior sister and a junior brother is good.  Urgently needing to talk about feelings, I can also understand."  He blatantly said.

          In front, Dong Zi who had successfully taken back his cellphone was walking towards us.  I was breathless with anger and glared at Kang Zixian.  With a wave of my hand, I said.  "Hope we do not meet again."  I walked away.

          I was still unhappy and went back to put in another sentence.  "I take back the words that I said just now.  From head to toe, from inside to outside, you are not beautiful......definitely not!"

          Behind me, I could hear a low, light, happy chuckle and in the silence of the night, it sounded sexy and seductive.  I held back my fury and walked down the stairs.

 
2