Chapter 2 – Adventurer’s Guild, I Choose You!
1.8k 1 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next moment, I was already standing alone in a plain filled with nothing but green grass and flowers as far as I can see. The buildings and cars that I usually see every day in my past life were now gone.

What I only see right was...nothing... Hey! Why are no signs of people in my vicinity! Where am I in the first place?! Wait, let's calm down first.

There's no reason to panic. Let me ascertain the situation first. The first thing I realized was my line of sight became low. Probably my height was reduced by few inches. Aside from that, my hair color also became fair, or should I say pale yellow color.

I am also wearing plain clothes and sandals that you can only found in European medieval times. Presumably, this is the common attire here.

I don't have a mirror right now, so I cannot check about my facial features, but I think, it also changed. Let's think about that problem later because there is much a bigger problem than I should worry about right now.

I tried to look in every direction, but I can't find any trace of people or any settlements nearby. Judging from the warmth of the sun that I'm feeling in my body right now, it is still morning.

I can't stay here in one place. I should start moving soon, or else I doubt I can sleep at night here alone. I don't even know if I will survive here at night.

Luckily there's a paved road I found not away from where I come. If I follow this road, maybe I can found the nearest village or town.

...

.....

.......

It was already afternoon, and I am still walking on the road. From time to time, I will see some trees on the side of the road, and I will rest there for at least five minutes.

Sweat starting to appear on my forehead, and little by little, my strength is also starting to wear off. It was only natural as I didn’t take any food from the past hour and even if I want to look for one, what I see is only a plain field filled with nothing but grass only.

Scientifically speaking, a human can survive a few days without water and food for eight days. But even only for a whole day, I don’t think I can survive without food and water.

The sun had already gone pretty low in the sky, and with my hard work and a full day of walking, I can finally see something. From far away, I could already hear the noise from the people living in the town.

I continue to walk as my eyes begin to sparkle, and my face was brimming with excitement. It will be my first time seeing and meeting people here in another world; of course, I will be excited by that.

After reaching the gate, surprisingly, I was able to get inside without any trouble. Normally, I would imagine that the guards will say “where is your pass?” or “you need to pay to enter.” something like that.

Looks like I don’t have to worry about that. Now my only problem is how to spend the night and get something to eat.

Even though I want to stay in an inn, I doubt that someone will give me a free room. What should I do? Should I try those techniques that I watched from television dramas and reading those novels?

 Hey, onii-san do you want to spend the night with this lady here?

I’m lonely tonight. Would like to accompany me?

As if I would do something like that!

Looks like the hunger and fatigue are preventing me from thinking straight. Let me think again. Sleeping outside is not an option for me, especially in a town which I hardly knew.

After doing some consideration, I finally arrived at a conclusion. Yup, it should be that place! The adventurer's guild! Why the adventurer's guild, you say?

It is simple! It is a place where it is crowded with people and twenty-four hours opened. It is where powerful people gathered every day. In that place, you can’t take any reckless action because everyone's eyes are watching.

And so, I arrived at the conclusion that an adventurer's guild is a safe place. The only problem is that there is no privacy inside but compared to staying the night outside, it is better to stay inside the adventurer's guild.

I bet no one thought that! Muhaha. What a clever idea. As expected of me! What should I do? I’m starting to fear myself for being a genius.

.

..

Let’s cast the joke aside. I started to ask some people if there is an adventurer guild and where I can find it. I hope that there’s one or else I don’t know what to do.

Probably I will not be able to sleep if that is the case. After asking some people, luckily I found out that there is really an adventurer's guild in this world, and after asking for some directions, I finally reached it.

Interacting with the people of this world is not that hard as I thought. For some reason, I can understand their language just fine. I can still speak Japanese, but I can also speak their language if I put some effort into it.

It is like my words can be translated into their language whenever I want to. Honestly, I was scared at first because of the language barrier. But it looks like that Goddess already took care of that problem.

Right now, I was in the front of the adventurer's guild. As expected, it was big and wide from the outside. Then, what’s more on the inside? A huge guild like this probably has a lot of people inside.

The problem is how I’m going to sneak inside without being noticed. I don’t want to be some kind of protagonist from some novels where like I am going to push the door with my two hands and then Ba bang!

The adventurers will look at me as I enter alone, and then some hooligan will come and say “Kid, you don’t belong here.” And then I will show him my powers, and the whole guild will be dumbfounded.

54