Chapter 4 – Fresh Start
1.3k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was tired yesterday, and when I woke up, it was already noon. I stretched my arm and yawned, and the moment I opened my eyes, I saw a plain room with a small table and a single chair.

Even though the room was modest, I can see that it is clean and maintained with care. I do not remember much of what happened earlier. What I know right now is I fell asleep in bed without realizing it.

I was about to get up from bed when something soft touched my body.

Mm?

Maybe because I was half asleep, so that I did not realize it earlier, but a girl was sleeping next to me. And then I started to remember everything.

I remember the part where she offered a helping hand to me, and I am very thankful for that, but I can not remember what happened next to that!

D-Did we do it? No No No. My clothes are still intact, so definitely, we did not do anything last night. But there is still the possibility that we did it last night and then when we were finished, maybe I put back my clothes on, or she put it on to me?

Definitely not! After all, she is kind enough to help me. I should stop thinking unnecessary things! While I was in a deep breath and emptying my mind, she woke up.

She was still half asleep with her sleepy eyes as she stretched her hands.

"G-good morning."

"Morning... Ahhh."

Her voice was quite soft and shaky while she quickly placed her hand over her mouth. Yup, that is the normal reaction.

◇◇◇

After some time, we have finally calmed down, and right now, I am standing near the wall while she was sitting on her bed.

"Um. Please use the chair."

"No, I'm already fine standing here."

"How can I let you stand there while I'm sitting here? It's okay."

Well, if she insists on it, then I don't have a reason to refuse, or else it will be rude to her.

"Thank you. I don't remember what happened last night, but I'm really sorry for sleeping in your bed."

I don't know what kind of customs they have in this world, but I still slightly bowed my head to her to show my sincerity while apologizing to her, definitely not because I feel a little guilty about thinking such an indecent thing earlier.

"It's okay. It's because it was already late last night, and there's no vacant room available. Also you look very tired yesterday and there's only one bed, so it can't be helped."

It's not okay at all!

"Um. I think you shouldn't do that to anyone. What if I'm a boy or stranger?"

"Then, I will let them sleep here in my room while I will find some other inn. Besides, you don't look like a bad person to me."

Is she the kind of person who can't leave a damsel in distress? But still are she’s a kind of airhead?

"By the way, can I know your name?"

Ah, I forgot. We haven't introduced ourselves yet.

"My name is Nagi. Nice to meet you." I said while making a friendly smile.

"I see. My name is Sylphie. I hope we can have a good relationship."

Sylphie. What a cute name, just like her. Now that I looked at her this closed, she is also very pretty.

Growl~

"Let's continue our talk over a meal then?"

"No, no, no! I'm not that hungry."

"It's okay. I'm also starting to get hungry."

Sylphie winked at me and started to move. Hey! What does that winked supposed to be?! That was pretty embarrassing! I want to punch this stomach of mine!

But now that I think about it, I haven't eaten yet since yesterday. So that's the reason why I feel weak! Sylphie and I went down from the room, and what welcomed us was a pleasant atmosphere where people are eating their food with a smile on their faces.

The first floor was the dining area. Squared wooden beams support the upper floor and the lanterns attached to them. The walls are swarming with photographs, some of what undoubtedly must be famous people and others of happy customers.

Some of the people wear clothes which consist of fine fabric and artistic designs. Probably, the people here have some social status, then does that mean Sylphie too?

Wait a minute, is she some kind of noble or something? After finding an open seat, we went there and ordered some food.

"Good morning, Sylphie-san. It looks like you will accompany your guest for today."

"Good morning too, Millie. Can you give us a skewered meat, bread, and soup for two people?"

"Okay. I will go now and prepare your order. Also, make sure to introduce me later to your guess, okay?"

After that, the young girl who greeted Sylphie move on to the customers and took their orders.

"The one who I talked to is named Millie. I managed to make friends her because I am staying in this inn for at least a week now. By the way, her mother also owns the inn."

"I see."

Sylphie started to talk, making it easy for us to have a conversation. I asked a lot of things from Sylphie because having information right now is the most important thing.

Sylphie happily answered any question that I have with a smile on her face, and I was thankful to her for that. From what I learned, currently, we are in a town called Lerre, and this town was governed by baron Karsten, and from here, it will take a week of travel to reach the capital of the Sativiel Kingdom.

Magic is common in this world, and they were categorized into six elements. But what gathered my curiosity those people who they called Skill Holder.

From what Sylphie told me, skill holders are people who were blessed and loved by the Goddess. These people will gain some special abilities like the ability to fly in the air or the ability to cure wounds, and many more.

Though the number of skill holders is very rare that it can be counted using a hand. That's why they are considered a national treasure by every nation.

Honestly, I don't care about them as long as no one disturbed my life, or it will be a different story.

"Your food is already here."

Just on time, I was about to pass out from hunger when Millie brought our food.

"Then let's eat." Sylphie said as she started to get the spoon and fork.

Right, what I need to do right now is eat so that I can recover my strength and find a job to earn some money. This time, I want to enjoy and live a quiet life.

45